Start by marking “Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)

Parental Guidance

(Ice Knights #1)

All I want is to play hockey on the Ice Knights, instead, I’m in a viral video for all the wrong reasons and my mom—yes, my mom—has taken over my dating apps. Then, when I think it can’t get any worse, the fates deliver Zara Ambrose, a five-feet-nothing redhead with more freckles than inches and who’d rather be anywhere other than on a date with me.

Now a bet with her frie
Published June 17th 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Amara) (first published May 31st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Parental Guidance, please sign up.
Giselle Borjas ortiz No. There is sex scene. Not to much explicit but is there..
Sarah ask your local public library to add it to their collection. you can request they purchase either the print or the eBook.

Start your review of Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
Jen
3.5 Stars

When you’ve tried everything you can to meet people, but you still haven’t found that elusive hottie you’d not only like to see naked but also makes you want to share your feelings and stuff? Whatcha going to do?

Sign up for a dating service that lets your parents chose your dates for you!

That’s the less than enviable spot Zara and Caleb find themselves in at the beginning of Parental Guidance.

As a defenseman for the Ice Knights, Caleb has done everything he can to make hockey his prior
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

After being introduced to the Ice Knights in Tomboy I was hoping with all hope that we would get to see these guys again. So I pretty much squealed and then jumped on the chance to read this book as soon as I learned there was going to be a series for these players. And then once I got my hands on it I pretty much devoured it in one sitting. I'm not even sorry because this story was brilliant.

I loved Zara and her take-no-crap attitude. She made no apologies for who
Syndi
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This book should be re title. Not as Parental Guidance but something like Blind Dating or Arranged Dating or something. Because despite the title Parental Guidance, the parents play a minor role here. Caleb's mother signing up Caleb for blind dating. Enter Zara. The rule: 5 dates then they go separate way. And as predicted, Caleb and Zara falls in love with each other.

The story itself is the signature of Miss Flynn works. A lot of character development, a dash of funny dating experience and swe
Robin (Bridge Four)
What an adorable story. Sometimes when life is a little on the crazy and emotional side, I love to just dig into something fun and light. This totally fit that bill. It was cute, funny and just a little bit zany. The characters are easy to like with both good and bad qualities to them that made them all the more human and you could see how well they fit together.

I loved the premise to this. Caleb, got caught in the middle of some hockey guys talking smack about women that their friendly uber dri
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤3,5-4 stars ❤

This was a cute read,light hearted and fun read!I really enjoyed it I just felt it was too short in my opinion.I wish we had more.The concept behind the dating app was fun,refreshing and interesting.

I really liked Caleb and Zara they were a great match!She was sassy and he was sexy and cute!

It was an easy and quick read, perfect for summer!

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Avery Flynn has one hell of a wild imagination and it truly came across in Parental Guidance. This was a frantic ride up walls, down zip lines and across slippery ice but it was a ride that I wouldn’t have missed for anything.

Caleb knew he messed up and had no idea how he was going to fix his mess. Thankfully, the Ice Knights have the wonderful Lucy to help fix their messes. What he didn’t count on was his mother Britany, the bad-ass of hockey, to be called in to help. There was no way he was g
Andrea Fleury
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this book I had a hard time. So I put It to the side and came back later. Well I loved it. I was glad I had returned to it. I guess I was in a book that lol.. I loved the aspect of this book. The way they meet thru there parents and their first date is a riot. I can't wait to read the next one in the series. Great Author
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
This doesn't work, even a little bit, and I hate that I persisted way longer than I should have. I try to give books their premise, particularly wish-fulfillment fantasies in romance but this one was a huge strain. I can almost, if I squint a little, see a hockey organization getting all tense with a guy who stayed silent while his teammates were gross about women. Okay, not really, but for the sake of a premise. But who would then think that the remedy is for him to join a dating app under pare ...more
Tracy  C
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute! I enjoyed this quite a lot and I absolutely loved Anchovy!! Caleb and Zara both struggle with being "forced" to date. Neither want a relationship and come up with some rules to avoid it. The rules don't work. This was a good solid read and just missed a 5 for me because I just could not fully connect with Zara. She seemed harsh/angry one minute and then giggly and adorable the next.
Sam (AMNReader)
A perfectly sweet romance with an arranged relationship (blind/online dating) for reputation on part of a not-star but professional hockey player and a miniature artist. This was my first Avery Flynn and apparently I landed smack-dab in the middle of a spin off of multiple series, but oh well.

Instead of slut-shaming here, we got the flip side: consequences of slut-shaming and a bit of a soapbox on alla that. Kind of an antidote to my breakup book w/ Helena Hunting : Pucked Over

Nothing groundbrea
Alaina
Meh, it was okay.

Now, I love hockey books. LOVE THEM. So when I found this little gem, I was honestly excited. Unfortunately, I just ended up being bored with the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, the couple was cute in Parental Guidance. They just weren't exciting or new for me. I really wish I liked Caleb and Zara more than I did because. I tried my hardest though.

Besides not being their biggest fan, the story was just okay. Kind of like a back burner for me while I was working on projects and
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
3-3.5! This was cute, fun, but a bit too short for me.
Antonella
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, new-adult
3,5 stars
cute!!
I did though that parents pay bigger roles - judging from the title...
One chapter more
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a heart-warming and sweet experience of a read! Easy to follow and quick to read - a perfect combination for the self-isolation book list.

If you love sport themed contemporary romance, this book is most definately for you!
Kimberly Kowalski
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love romance novels. I love hockey. This seemed like a match made in heaven...sadly not the book for me. 2.5 Stars

I did not like Zara, I kept hoping her character would grow on me but the best I can say for her is that I didn't HATE her by the end of the book.

I hated the constant neverending reminders of the 'atrocity' Caleb committed. (view spoiler)
Stacie
3 1/2 "Cute and sweet, hope floats" Stars!
beachbum bookworm
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Parental Guidance
(Ice Knights #1)
synopsis by Goodreads:

Now a bet with her friends and my PR nightmare have us both stuck in this go-on-five-dates-wit
Siobhan
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Parental Guidance is the first book in Avery Flynn’s Ice Knights series, a spin-off from her Hartigans series. Although it is not necessary to read the Hartigans books first, I do recommend reading them for a lot of fun. When you reach the end of Tomboy, the third book in the series, you’ll be desperate for more of the Ice Knights. Therefore, whilst it’s not necessary to read one to enjoy the other I do recommend reading both series.

In truth, I did not enjoy Parental Guidance as much as I enjoye
Sharon
Here are some of my thoughts:
• I liked Caleb. He was so kind and sweet to Zara. I loved all the bits of character building with his mom being a coach and a hard-ass and his dyslexia and trauma from that one teacher. I felt like his character was built considerably well because those bits showed why he always took on everything and why he was insecure with a crowd.
• Zara was a bit irritating at times with her “realistic, no dreams” tirade. However, it also made sense considering her character bui
Lindsay
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
While this is a new series, it's set in the same town as most of the other Avery Flynn books and functions pretty well as a sequel to Tomboy. But if you're new to this writer, this is a good place to start, as these are mostly standalone.

In this we have Caleb Stuckey, a hockey player and memorable character from the previous book, and artist Zara Ambrose. They end up fake-dating in a publicity stunt setup by their parents.

You know the drill: fake-dating is one of the most heavily repeated themes
Caz
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this a B for narration and a B- for content at Audiogals; so that's 3.5 stars rounded up.

Having enjoyed Avery Flynn’s Tomboylast year, I wanted to try something else of hers so I picked up Parental Guidance, the first book in her Ice Knights series. We were introduced to the hockey team in Tomboy – that book’s hero, Zach Blackwood, was an Ice Knights’ defenceman – and here, we meet Caleb Stuckey, another Ice Knights player who needs to rehabilitate his public image. A video in which h
Susan (susayq ~)
This was a fun, easy read! I loved Zara and Caleb. I didn't quite get why he was the one who got in all the trouble for the video since he never opened his mouth, but I loved the result of his punishment :)
Taylor
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's late so I need to get to bed, but this was sweet, steamy, and super consumable. I read it in two sittings over the course of a day and I'm so glad it was recommended to me. If you're a
"fake dating" fan who also loves some hockey, this is the contemporary for you.

Full RTC.
Lisa Mandina
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had such a perfectly hilarious and adorable meet-cute. The banter, the situations, all of it were so much fun! I couldn't help but really fall in love with both main characters as well as the side characters that helped to make everything happen. Like I loved Zara's dad and his little commercials he wrote for different companies and schools, etc., whenever he would go on the interviews about Zara and Caleb's dates. I had a little trouble at times getting Caleb's mom, but I did like how ...more
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Caleb is a hot shot hockey player that gains some bad PR when his teammates have a video go viral while talking about the women they have slept with. As a PR improvement campaign Caleb allows his mother to choose his date through a dating app and have his reactions filmed after each date. Zara is encouraged by her friend to sign up for the same dating app with the possibility of gaining exposure for her art. During Zara and Caleb's first date they come to an agreement a
dumbells
Dec 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
So this is part of a series… Yeah, no. h Never had orgasm with a dude till this guy shows up? Not that trope again… I mean there is better ways to cement sexual and other kind of connections between characters.. Don’t have to go for that whole “no one undresses me with their eyes like you do” drama..
Mia
Oct 18, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 60%

This book is so bad. There is no connection and no chemistry between characters whatsoever.
Erin Lewis
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Parental Guidance (Ice Knights #1) by Avery Flynn

Avery Flynn is a new author to me and I have no idea why that is. So when the opportunity to read and review book one in a new series came up, I jumped at the chance.

Caleb Stuckey plays for the Ice Knights, it’s all he wants to do. He has been using a dating app but when a situation turns in to a PR nightmare he knows that he’s in trouble. When his mother takes over the app, she chooses Zara Ambrose for his next five dates. Zara has
Zan
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
the developing relationship was cute, but I couldn't really understand all the fuss about the viral video and the loose ends seemed to tie together very easily and quickly
Randi (randi_reads)
Thank you to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for an electronic ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Caleb is a hockey player who needs to clean up his image and Zara wants to help her dad out and get her best friend off of her back, so they agree to five dates with Bramble, where their parents choose who they date. It’s a cute romance with an awesome dog, too. I felt that Caleb was a great character, but something about Zara bothered me. Great banter between them, but a typical romance. This

• Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Big Puck (Size Matters #6)
  • Closer (Stage Dive, #4.6)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Chicago Rebels #4.5)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club #1)
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou, #4)

Ice Knights (3 books)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)