Start by marking “Buried in the Stacks (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Buried in the Stacks (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #3)

Buried in the Stacks

(The Haunted Library Mysteries #3)

Librarian Carrie Singleton is building a haven, but one of her neighbors is misbehavin'. Can resident spirit Evelyn help Carrie catch the culprit who made her a ghost?

In winter, the Haunted Library is a refuge for homeless townspeople. When a group purchases a vacant house to establish a daytime haven for the homeless, Carrie offers the library as a meeting place for the
Published September 10th 2019 by Crooked Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Buried in the Stacks, please sign up.
Thelizyouknow I got the same ARC. You won't miss anything by reading this as a standalone--there is a brief blurb for each character telling what happened in the…moreI got the same ARC. You won't miss anything by reading this as a standalone--there is a brief blurb for each character telling what happened in the previous books.(less)

Start your review of Buried in the Stacks (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #3)
James
Buried in the Stacks is the third book in 'The Haunted Library Mysteries' series written by Allison Brook. It will be released in September 2019, but I was lucky enough to win an early copy through NetGalley. I finished reading it this week and give it 4.5 stars, another wonderful entry that has left me sad to wait another year for the next one yet happy to have been able to read this one so soon.

Carrie returned home to a small Connecticut town and took a position at the local library. She was
Carrie
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Buried in the Stacks by Allison Brook is the third installment of the paranormal cozy The Haunted Library Mysteries series. As with most cozy mysteries each book of The Haunted Library Mysteries contain their own mystery solved within the book so they all could be read as a standalone or in any order if choosing to do so. However, for those following along from the beginning there will be character development carried over from book to book.

Carrie Singleton had returned to Clover Ridge,
Phrynne
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5000-2019
An enjoyable entry in this series about a librarian, her cat and a haunted library. In fact I liked this one much more than I did #2.

Carrie is still taking her cat, Smoky Joe, to work with her and he is still getting far too much to eat. The ghost, Evelyn, continues to appear only to Carrie and her small niece and only in the library. And why I do not know but I keep waiting for the relationship between Dylan and Carrie to fall apart. For some totally unsubstantiated reason I don't trust him!
Darinda
The third book in The Haunted Library Mysteries series by Allison Brook. In this latest book, Carrie sleuths to solve the murder of her coworker Dorothy. Dorothy wasn't a very pleasant person to be around, but as the new Sunshine Delegate, Carrie made an effort to be nice. When Carrie suspects foul play, she wants to find the killer. Plus, Dorothy was the niece of Evelyn, the library ghost.

I've read the previous two books in this series and have enjoyed each one. I do recommend reading this
Kay
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was very good! It's pretty rare in cozy to write off a main supporting cast! 😱
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: September 10, 2019
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Cozy Mystery with Paranormal Elements

Allison Brook has written another winner in the Haunted Library mystery series. Ive been a fan of these books since the first one was published and always find myself excited for the next one. Carrie is such a wonderful heroine and being there with her as she solves murders is a lot of fun. Not only that, I love how the authors incorporates a bit of paranormal into the series. Its not witches,
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Dollycass Thoughts

Like many communities, Clover Ridge is dealing with a homeless population. Because of the winter weather, many spend their days at the library. Carrie learns of a group that has purchased a vacant house in hopes to open Haven House, a daycare type center for the homeless. Carrie is excited about the venture and joins their committee and offers the library meeting room for future meetings. Sadly she learns it may all be just a scam.

Carrie has also become the librarys new
Juli
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the Haunted Library cozy series. The idea of a librarian that not only supplies the local library cat, but also gets visited at work by the resident ghost is cute and entertaining. Why shouldn't a library be haunted by a prior librarian? That's real dedication to a career! Evelyn Havers loved the library, so why shouldn't she stick around? The ghost is woven into the plot so well in each book that the paranormal portion of the plot isn't cheesy or over-the-top....just fun. I like the ...more
Jeri
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, e-books
I have really enjoyed this series. Carrie has really grown as a character and I was somewhat pleased to see a character I did not like killed off. Though Carrie did find herself investigating and getting into a bit of trouble for it as well.

I did appreciate the issue of homelessness being brought up in this book. I know a lot of homeless and poor do use the library to stay warm or cool.

I could tell from the ending what the next book in the series will be based around! Looking forward to it.

I
Melanie
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buried in the Stacks was another fantastic installment in the Haunted Library Mysteries series with an intriguing plot and a charming group of characters.

As the librarys new Sunshine Delegate, librarian Carrie Singleton visits her colleague Dorothy in the hospital after the woman suffers a fall. But when Dorothy tells Carrie she believes her husband tried to kill her, Carrie writes it off as too many pain meds after Dorothy later has no memory of the confession. But when Dorothy is then killed
Kim
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's winter time and several of the homeless community are seeking refuge in the library. A few of the homeless are causing a disturbance in the peacefulness of the library. When Carrie finds out about the Haven House that is a recently purchased vacant home that was purchased as an establishment for the homeless to spend their daytimes. Carrie offers the committee the library as a meeting place and joins in the planning of the House. When one of Carries fellow librarians dies in a suspicious ...more
Yvonne
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Singleton loves her job at the library, but things get a bit complicated when winter arrives and the homeless use the library for shelter. A group of investors purchase a house that will provide shelter for the homeless by day, but Carrie learns that its to be a cover for illegal activities at night.

As she does some investigating, Carrie discovers theres more going on than she ever suspected. When one of her co-workers is killed in a car accident (which turns out to be no accident),
Lesa
While I have some nitpicking complaints about Allison Brook's third Haunted Library mystery, Buried in the Stacks, I'll save those and my recommendation for the conclusion. Brook does bring up a troublesome issue in public libraries; how to handle the homeless issue so they feel welcome and other customers don't feel threatened.

Carrie Singleton was hired at the Clover Ridge, Connecticut, public library, even though she presented herself as a confused Goth girl at the time. Now, she's head of
Blaine DeSantis
Just wanted to say that I received a free copy of this book from the folks at NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books in return for an honest review. This is the first book I have read in the series and by the author and I had an enjoyable time with the book. I liked the beginning of the book, but as it went on I got rather perturbed with the heroine, Carrie, who works in the library and has a very good job but whom apparently has no computer or research skills. Having a daughter who is a professional ...more
Amy
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carrie returns to the Clover Ridge, Connecticut library with her feline companion, Smoky Joe. Her long-time nemesis Dorothy is first assaulted in a parking lot and later killed in a car accident. Were these events merely accidents or did someone finally become so angry with her to commit murder? Winter in the Northeast brings the issue of the town's homeless population finding daytime refuge in the library. Some community leaders pursue the purchase of a building for a day program but there are ...more
Jerri Cachero
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third book in The Haunted Library series was a joy to read! The characters were wonderfully written, the mystery was believable and I'd love to have Carrie as a BFF. When Carrie investigates the death of a colleague and the murder of her ghostly friend, Evelyn, things seem to change overnight in her small town!

I have always enjoyed the strong and kind character of Carrie. Her dedication to find out the truth, even if it means losing a friend is admirable. Carrie is smart, kind and the type
Kirsti
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the chance to read this book!

I did enjoy this one! I liked Carrie in the first book, and although I haven't read the second yet, I was all caught up soon enough to fall back into her routine. I love that she works in a library, and Evelyn's character adds to the story. The cluster of friends and family Carrie is building is excellent, and adds to the quality of both the mystery and how she solves it.

There were two instances that I think could be fixed
Patricia Bello
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Please dont feed the library cat. Buried In The Stacks by Allison Brook

2.5 stars, generously given And I mean that.. Finally finished this book. And maaan was it a struggle to read. I wanted it to be over. And finished it in hopes of it getting better further into the book.it didnt.

Spoilers here:

I never warmed up to Carrie at all. And to think this is the 3rd book in the series.😣🙄 She is nosy, feels like she owns the town, and is a know-it-all. Fancies herself a detective, which looks to be a
Betty
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Curl up and relax with the 3rd book of The Haunted Library series. I found it relaxing and enjoyable for an evening reading.
Carrie Singleton life was going great when she accepted the position Sunshine Spokesperson her first duty was to visit her nemesis, Dorothy in the hospital. Dorothy informs her that her husband pushed her down on the ice and wants to kill her and later denies he said it. The ghostly presence, Evelyn wants Carrie to find out what is occurring with her niece.
Carrie stumbles
JoAn
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery
Buried in the Stacks by Allison Brook was a first rate addition to this series. I was intrigued from the first page.

Carrie has certainly grown in this series and everything seems to be going well in her life now. I appreciated the way that Ms. Brook's approach to a prevalent issue in today's society - the homeless. I loved seeing more of Evelyn in this book even if she did try to keep secrets from Carrie during the investigation. I felt like I got to know her much better in this book. I found
FMSWarrior
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Haunted Library Murder
The homeless people of Clover Ridge are spending the cold Winter days in the local library. A library which is haunted by one of the former librarians, Evelyn. When things get a bit contentious between the locals and the homeless at the library, some residents decide to build daycare center, Haven House, for the homeless to have somewhere to go during the day and Carrie Singleton raises her hand to volunteer.

As planning goes on, rumors begin to spread that the center may be
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Buried in the Stacks is the third book in the Haunted Library Mystery series by Allison Brook. Allison does a good job of mentioning past events that allow this to be a standalone read for new readers of the series.

Buried in the Stacks deals with two seemingly separate issues. Homeless people are invading the Clover Ridge Public Library during daytime hours, in order to keep warm. While many are respectful and keep to themselves, there are some who relish in causing problems. And, the library's
Jeanie Jackson
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I read the first book in the Haunted Library series, I loved it so much that as soon as I saw Buried in the Stacks listed on NetGalley, I requested it. I was excited to receive the ARC for this third book in the Haunted Library Mysteries series, and I loved it even more than I expected. As a retired librarian, I appreciate all that Carrie does to promote the library and make it an important part of the community. Not only is that truly the role of the library, it is essential for funding, ...more
Shalini
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good cozy read, I had hopes it would be better. This was book 3 in the series, and having not read the other two I was a bit confused as I did not know the characters.

Carrie, her cat Smoky Joe, and library ghost Evelyn were out to solve the murder of their co-worker Dorothy. Allison Brook has written a fun story. The characters were interesting, though not very intelligent. Being a murder mystery it had suspense and twists, and the plot was well written, it dealt with the issues of
Vicki
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buried In The Stacks once again brings back our favorite Library Program Director Carrie Singleton. Another mystery unfolds as someone is murdered and the homeless are using the library to get out of the cold. Carrie and our favorite ghost Evelyn work together to find solutions to both problems.

Allison Brooks has written a fun, easy to read mystery series that keeps you coming back to find out the rest of the story. Each book gets better and I truly enjoy this series!

Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I really enjoy this Haunted Library Mystery series by Allison Brook! The protagonist (with the best name ever) Carrie is very likable in her role as director of programs and events at the local library. A setting which gives her the prime spot for gathering the word on the street when investigating the most recent murder especially when the most recent victim is her former nemesis & coworker at said library. And, lets face it, what self-respecting bookworm wouldnt want to spend their days ...more
Noriko
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Buried in the Stacks. The third book in the Haunted Library Mystery series. This is my very first book from Allison Brook and I dove straight into this book without reading the previous books, but I think Ive just found another cozy mystery series to keep an eye on. This book kept my interest throughout, I enjoyed reading this cozy murder mystery.

As I mentioned, I had never read any books from the author thus I cannot deny that it fazed me a little bit especially in the beginning. Being the
Bridget
This is the first book I have read in this series and I was happy to dive straight in. Allison Brook did a fantastic job providing any backstory, making this a great standalone read. I was sold from the very beginning, with its solid characters, great writing and a marvellous mystery that provided a good sprinkling of clues to satisfy even the most painstaking and diligent armchair detective.

The author, Allison Brook, has drawn a lot of great characters in this fabulous cozy mystery. I
Jenna
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a big reader. (Duh!) So I read a lot & many of those are series. And several of them have similar themes. (ie. cozys, detective mysteries,sports romances, small town romances, etc.)
So while I get excited when the latest book in a series is released, I sometimes forget who/what it all is.
I usually have to google previous books as a refresher so I dont get confused.

The great thing about this 3rd book in the series is that the writer wrote several sentences here & there throughout the
Miss W Book Reviews
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Buried In The Stacks is Book 3 in the Haunted Library series. Carrie Singleton is back with another mystery. Someone is murdered and the homeless are taking refuge from the cold in the library. Carrie and her ghost partner Evelyn are on the case!

Each book gets better and better in this series. I really enjoy the mystery and the dialogue between Carrie and Evelyn.

The author writes well developed characters and a great story that keeps you wanting more.

• Bound for Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #4)
  • Read and Buried (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #6)
  • Doom with a View (Merry Ghost Inn. #2)
  • Fatal Cajun Festival (Cajun Country Mystery #5)
  • For Whom the Book Tolls (An Antique Bookshop Mystery #1)
  • A Death Long Overdue (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #7)
  • Mrs. Morris and the Ghost (A Salem B&B Mystery, #1)
  • Knot on Her Life (A Quilting Mystery Book 7)
  • Bark If It’s Murder (Dog Club Mystery #3)
  • A Thread of Darkness (Queen Bees Quilt Shop #2)
  • Southern Sass and Killer Cravings
  • A Patchwork of Clues (Queen Bees Quilt Shop #1)
  • Murder at Crossways (Gilded Newport Mysteries #7)
  • Death of a Wedding Cake Baker (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #11)
  • Cast Iron Alibi (Vintage Kitchen Mystery #9)
  • Fan Mail (An Aspen Adams Novel of Suspense Book 2)
  • The Codebook Murders (Oakwood Mystery #4)
  • Autumn Alibi (A Wiccan Wheel Mystery #6)

The Haunted Library Mysteries (4 books)
  • Death Overdue (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #1)
  • Read and Gone (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #2)
  • Checked Out for Murder (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #4)

News & Interviews