Start by marking “Impact: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Cloverdale Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Impact: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Cloverdale Book 1)

Impact: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Cloverdale Book 1)

What would you do if the grid went dark?

Vince Walker is looking forward to the beginning of the summer and a visit from his son Cy. But while picking up his son at the Indianapolis airport, the country is thrust into nuclear warfare with the detonation of multiple EMPs.

With fires burning out of control and the loss of the electrical grid, the entire country is thrown int
Published February 10th 2019 by Wordstream Books

To ask other readers questions about Impact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impact

Hsu Lee
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
It was a great book!
This is another post-apocalyptic survival series by this author.
it reminds me of "Walking Dead." Loved the show!
This is Vince and his son Cy journey into this post-apocalyptic world.
Loved the characters + the storytelling!
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Having read and enjoyed this author's "Dark Road" series and, in particular, liking the people of Cloverdale there, I was excited to read this book. Vince is a character that is easy to like very quickly. He is a decent man who is very capable and thoughtful. Whereas the "Dark Road" main characters were in a remote area when the EMPs were detonated, the characters in this novel are much closer to the event. However, it left me confused as to whether it was an actual nuclear bomb attack or the Hi ...more
Lynn Hallbrooks
Not everyone responds the same to a crisis.

This is the first book in a mini-series. As it is post-apocalyptic in nature, there is some violence.

Vince Walker, known as Major to many in his small town, is happy that his grown son wants to spend time with him. The visit is far from what either of them imagined as the world they knew literally comes crashing down around them.

I really enjoyed seeing the different perspectives of the main characters. It made me realize that you can prepare for some th
Billie Rayborn
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Again, so realistic!

So far as I know, no one has been through more than a simulated EMP. No one knows what will happen for sure. To me, though, Bruno Miller's stories relate as closely to factual as is possible. Cloverdale is a small town that has almost burned to the ground and they are having to deal with looters and murderers. It's definitely worth reading. I recommend it without reservation.
Ian Denner
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Did not enjoy this book

I bought this book with high hopes after enjoying the previous series by the author, but sadly I'm feeling a little bit let down after finishing the book. There is not anything I can put my finger on but it just didn't enjoy the story, and for some reason I couldn't identity with the characters and for me that is a big part of every book that I read. If I don't find the characters interesting the nine times out of ten I struggle with the book.
Sabrena Phillips
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crazy!

I don't understand what he's thinking staying by businesses. They needed to go to Mary's or his house after emptying the garage. Mary has food after all. Take everything you can get hold of and go! Don't mess with the looters. One of them is already dead! Don't take a chance on losing anyone else. Stupid I just want to shake Vince! I will continue the series since I like Bruno Miller
Cynthia L. Turner
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surviving The EMP

Vince is a retired military officer on his way to met his grown son at the airport. When he and son Cy are at the airport, the unthinkable happens. Vince and By do make their way back to Cloverdale but not without incidents. This post apocalyptic novel is the beginning of anew series by this author and can be read as a standalone. A novel about every day people surfing under unusual circumstances.
Alisa
Winner

A great start to a new series. Mr. Miller consistently tells a great story. He obviously is passionate about his topic and puts q great deal of research into each book. Another plus, he either pays close attention to spelling and grammar (or has a heck of a proofreader, lol).
BJ
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good start

Good Start for a good story. Looking forward to the next installment.
Characters are just normal people in a bad situation and struggling to figure out what to do so to survive.

Hanna Byrd
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review

This was interesting to read, more realistic than most. It actually made me think about today's political chaos and how regular American citizens would behave. Looking forward to next book.
Virginia Clark
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Impact. Book One

Impact: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Cloverdale). As usual Bruno Miller has done a fantastic job in keeping the reader entertained. He captured the readers attention immediately and kept it. Editing was excellent. A good book
James L Pagano
Very enjoyable

Bruno you have a way that is what I really enjoy about your books. I know I will have to wait for the next book so please don't take to long. I will let other people know about you and your books. Thank you.
Tracey Mccall
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

Packed full of action from beginning to end. EMP's have hit the United States chaos, fires, fears and the unknown are rampant with the survivors. Trying to stay alive is a struggle. Excited to read more
karen d allen
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok I'll try to make it a good read

I wasn't sure about this story but then he hooked me ..I know that you have to work your characters in to the story but some of seemed to me were forced into a story line
Peggy Pancherz
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Storyline continues to grow and develop. Characters are realistic and get better and better.
Janice
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Impact

Exciting. Can't wait for the next book.
Excellent. When's the next book? I love these kinds of books. Thank you
Lawrence
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

Good book well written. Gives a really good idea of what an actual nuclear attack with me on the disaster that it would coze
HOLLY CLAGHORN
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Good read waiting for book 2 to come out.
Kathleen Seiley
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

The characters are well developed and are handling a bad situation as well as they can. There are many helpful survival tips sprinkled throughout the story.
Jackie Bauerelen
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Spine Tingling

Once again, Bruno Miller has mastered another edge of your seat post apocalyptic survival series. This one is just as spine tingling as his last!
Valerie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story

A good story with lots of potential. It has interesting characters who I would like to know more about & see how they survive this terrible situation.
David
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good read

The book seemed realistic. It had good suspense and kept me coming back. I hope I have found a new author to follow.
Bernie
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Impact review

Impact is the first short post apocalyptic book in the Cloverdale series written by author Bruno Miller. Fast paced action, good characters and storyline.
Teresa Goodwin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series

This book is a good read. It didn't take me long to read it because I couldn't put it down. If you enjoyed his other series you will enjoy this one
Bonnie munn asido
Great Read

Characters, plot, action, intensity are fabulous. Not a run of the mill book. I can not wait for the next installment! EMT disaster times 10.
Pamela L Smith
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Love the characters. The information is wonderful. Looking forward to more books. I love a good series that keeps you engrossed.
Tracy Stitts
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Great as always. Could have used a little less repeated descriptions and such, but not enough to lose a star. Wish the next book was available!
Wancket Enterprises
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

Thanks for the adventure Mr. Bruno Miller! I get a little afraid reading books about EMPs because I know they are very possible.
Andrea
Great 👍story line.

Very good people line. Also so much compassion. Not just the main character but also the other survivors. A very gripping story so far.
Gary