Start by marking “Curious George Goes to School” as Want to Read:
Curious George Goes to School

Curious George Goes to School

(Curious George New Adventures)

It's open house at George's school, and George gets to try his hand at painting in the art room. What he creates, however, is not a pretty picture! George is still a clever monkey, though, and in the end, he makes the open house a happy occasion for everyone.
Published October 30th 1989 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Goes to School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Goes to School

Heather McC
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
George finds a way to become an extra creative helper and friend during an open house session at school.
Emma Grace
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Read this to a couple of young children yesterday.
P.S. Winn
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
You just have to love curious George, This book is great for kids who are headed to their first days of school...like George.
Vanessa
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
My daughter has me read this book to her about once a year. I think I enjoy the story more than her.
MJ
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Alissa's really into monkeys and George especially. Daddy tells her lots of made-up George stories.
K Brown
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
We love Curious George books!
lprater
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Classic: Curious George is a familiar character children will enjoy. In this particular story, George is going to school and wants to paint a picture. His curiosity gets the best of him when he gets warm and turns on the fan. Pictures fly everywhere but when cleaning up, he helps locate a student's missing picture of a horse.
Children will love the simple language used to tell the story as well as the illustrations that accompany it. The cartoon like images are simple, yet colorful and add to th
Remington Ivey
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Curious George Goes to School is a great read aloud book for K-1, especially ELLs. It has very simple language, but is still an enjoyable story. It also has wonderful illustrations! This story could be used to work on making predictions by asking the students what they think will happen next once the art teacher leaves the room. It could also be used as an opportunity in the beginning of the year (or maybe as a reminder later on) of school rules and what's okay to touch when. George's mess was a ...more
Tim
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
This may not be a traditional review of a Curious George book, but as a teacher this book makes me laugh every time. I love that the art teacher leaves George alone, is surprised that he makes a mess, and then praises him when in cleaning up they find a lost piece of artwork that the teacher has previously failed another student for not turning in. I know the story isn't supposed to be viewed literally, but if you do you will laugh out loud.
Christy Whitaker
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cause-effect
George creates chaos once again in this story but, like always, something good comes of it- he finds a little girl's missing painting. This book can teach kids to look on the bright side of everything. It can also be used to introduce cause-effect relationships (ex. George turns on the fan-papers fly everywhere). Plus, the kids enjoy reading about this crazy little monkey.
Ebony Hargett
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cute book about Curious George's first days at school. Great book for entering Kindergarten students. I would love to use this book with a puppet monkey to make the book come alive. This book and a puppet would definately create some laughs, engagement and learning at the beginning of the school year.
Anne
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I read this to a class of 1st graders and they loved it! An enthusiastic little monkey who goes to school, wants to be helpful but ends up causing chaos? lol I think they could relate. The illustrations were adorable. There was also writing in the illustrations (like "welcome to school" or something along those lines) which early readers love to spot.
Stacy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Jessica Simmons
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book to show that accidents happen to everyone! This little monkey always gets into some kind of mischief and it is fun to see how he gets out of his problems. He helps a lot of people!
Ealthafer
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: moral, curious-george
I always love reading Curious George books because I love the illustrations. I also love how George always does something wrong but when he fixes it something good always happens. I would use this book to teach predicting. For example when George turns the fan on...what's going to happen?
Loyal
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it
A fun little story about Open House at George's school. The man in the yellow hat has gone to meet with George's teacher. Now all he has to do is keep out of trouble! Very cute and fun.
Amber
Nov 13, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
My son likes this book, but I have an irrational hate for it. The story line is so cheesy. And of course we have to read it about 20 times a day. Can't wait to bring it back to the library!
Jen
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: storytime-kidlit
This book should have been called Curious George Goes to Art Class rather than school. It is a good simple text for introducing the concept of foreshadowing to young children, however.
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Dash
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
My favorite part was when George was painting.
Cws
May 14, 2009 added it
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Rey
Brooke
Feb 14, 2010 added it
I read this book to my pre-k class. It is a silly story about all the many fun things students get to do at school. Children will love reading this book as well as having this book read to them.
Becca Holcomb
Apr 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Curious George is such a funny character. This would be a fun book to read at the start of a school year. The pictures are well illustrated and could be used for some great predicting.
Samantha
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Curious George is so cute!! He goes to school with the man in the yellow hat and paints a beautiful picture. When it seems he causes trouble, he really saves the day for one little girl. =)
Chrystal
Dec 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
We really enjoy Curious George at our house...he always elicits lots of giggles.
jenna Hudrlik
Jun 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
the curious george books are fun to read because they seem a bit old fashioned yet Caroline loves them because she sees him on tv - nice, simple books with a good story
Suzanne
Well he makes a mess of the art room but at least he doesn't smoke a pipe in this one.
Rebecca

• Little Critter Storybook Collection
  • Where Are Baby's Easter Eggs?: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Tippy-Tippy-Tippy, Hide!
  • On Mother's Lap
  • When Will It Be Spring?
  • Boo!
  • The Grandma Book
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium