Start by marking “Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)” as Want to Read:
Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)

Power Play

(BTU Alumni #1)

Hockey players are off limits especially ... if they’re on your brothers’ team.

The last time Jordan did that, it ended in disaster. It was easy to promise her brothers she'd never date another one of their teammates again.
Until she meets Jake.
The spark she feels when she spends time with him makes her promise harder and harder to keep.
Surely her brothers would understand
ebook
Published June 4th 2019 by House of Crazy Publishing LLC (first published June 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Power Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Play

Start your review of Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
3.5

Power Play is the first installment in the BTU Alumni series by Alley Ciz. Part hockey romance and part tale of forbidden love, it tells the story of our two main characters, Jake and Jordan. Jake is a hot, talented hockey player, and all around good guy, and Jordan is the strong, smart, and competitive sister of Jake's teammates, Ryan and Jase.

Sparks fly between Jordan and Jake at their first meeting, but unfortunately, there's nothing either one of them can do about it. Jordan made a
Gem
Where do I begin?

I love a sports romance! Alley combines humour, emotion and drama to create a fast-paced, fun read that I never wanted to end.

There is sibling banter, over protective brothers, fierce female characters, swoon worthy love interests, hot hockey players and plenty of drama. I laughed my way through this fun read and was left wanting more! I'm so pleased Alley is writing more books about this quirky cast of characters. I want to read about all of them!

I can't recommend this enough!
Andi Isack
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First let me answer this: is worth the time to read this? More than worth. Why? Power play is Alley's debut. And what a great debut. I like to call Power play -JJ story( Jake & Jordan). Do you wanna know more about this? The title gives u a hint. Power & play, like fire & ice. Play or be played by your fate or your past? But if don't try you'll never know what you could have. Power play is going to give u more than a classic sport romance, where the hero is basically hot as hell and ...more
queen_of_the_books_18
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a fantastic debut from new author Alley Ciz!

Power play was awesome. It sucked me in from the start because anyone who knows me knows that I love strong heroines and that’s exactly what Jordan is.

I loved the hero and heroine Jake and Jordan but I also loved the secondary characters, they weren’t just there. They had a role to play and I loved the bond between best friends and family members.

Alley Ciz had me hooked trying to second guess what was going to happen as there was a slight
SCBookAddict
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Don't look at me like that."
"Like what?"
"Like you want me to kiss you."
"Maybe I do."

This was probably my favorite part in the book. Everything that had led up to this moment and everything that happens afterwards made this scene so beautiful and so powerful!

Power Play was a great debut book for Alley Ciz!

What would you do if you found "the one" but couldn't do anything about it? That's the case with Jordan and Jake.

I loved Jordan! She's a girl's girl as well as a guy's girl. She just fits in
Alley Ciz
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Power Play IS LIVE!!

Read now for Free in Kindle Unlimited

Sexy Hockey Players-Check
Off Limits best friends sister- Check
Swoony Hero- Check
Off the charts chemistry- Check
Squad goals- Check

𝑷𝑶𝑾𝑬𝑹 𝑷𝑳𝑨𝒀 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚, 𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒙𝒚 𝒓𝒐𝒎-𝒄𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝑻𝑼 𝑨𝒍𝒖𝒎𝒏𝒊 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔, 𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔, 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑲9𝒔, 𝒕𝒐𝒐-𝒄𝒖𝒕𝒆-𝒕𝒐-𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒇𝒊𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝑨𝒍𝒑𝒉𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏
R. Linda
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alley Ciz comes at you with an epic debut.

Well written, witty, and emotional, Power Play draws you in from the first sentence and doesn’t let go. You connect with the characters in such a way that you become them, and isn’t that exactly what a book should do?

Page turning. Jaw dropping. Power Play has it all. Sexy hockey players. Strong heroine. And such a great group of friends that I can’t wait to for the next book in the series.

Five swoonworthy stars
Ashley Estep
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVE!!

I am not normally a fan of books written in third person, usually I put the book down. I can't seem to get into books in third person. Oh man am I so happy I continued reading this book. The fact that it was third person was lost on me almost immediately. I was hooked from the start.

Jake and Jordan, are amazing together. Jake was surprisingly sweet. Jordan is literally the girl next door. I loved how they were drawn to each other, the connection they had. The only problem Jake is a hockey
Sarah N
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In her debut novel, Power Play, Author Alley Ciz writes a sports romance with a rom-com vibe, infused with the perfect amount of suspense sure to keep you engaged. This read is delightfully sweet, romantic, witty, & charming. Expect enjoyable characters, fierce friendships, and strong family ties. Power Play will have you laughing, cheering, and on the edge of your seat.
Jordan is the female character you can’t help but love. She’s smart, she’s spunky, sure of herself, and the friend you’d
Jessica Calla
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
POWER PLAY, the debut NA by Alley Ciz, is a wonderful, slow burn, hockey romance that will give you all the feels. Besides the cute scenes between Jake and Jordan as they fall in love, Ms. Ciz gives a thorough look into all of the friends and players in the BTU world, exciting the reader for the upcoming books in the series. One of the things I loved most about POWER PLAY was the authenticity of the NA voice. The characters acted and spoke appropriately for their age group, confiding in friends ...more
Caitie Segroves of BBKA
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lawd!! Jordan and Jake are HOTTTT!!! I love strong women and Jordan is exactly that. I love strong family dynamics, Jordan and Jake both have that. It was a great debut book for Alley. I cannot believe this is her first! So well written. Everything meshes. All the characters flow together. Nothing out of place or confusing. I really fell in love with not just Jake and Jordan but ALL the supporting characters. This is so much more than worth the read. I am so glad to be on the beginning of her ...more
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a freakin awesome debut novel by Alley Ciz! This book had it all. It was funny and sexy and serious and emotional. Like it had everything! Her character development and descriptions were so on point! I could totally see in my head who was who, and let me tell you HOLY HOT BISCUITS Y’ALL!! Seriously I loved the dialogue between the main characters, Jake and Jordan. It wasn’t a “hello your hot” and then immediate bedroom scene. She took her time building up to that. The attraction was ...more
Angel Nyx
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wild ride! There are so many emotions in it, from laughter to tears. Jake is the kind of hero you wish you had in your own life! The suspenseful elements will grip you and keep you turning the page in order to find out what happens! A deginite page turner! This may be Alley Ciz's debut book, but she knocked it out of the park!
Michelle
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a good book and such fun characters! So much book, it's worth the value!! This group of friends and family have so much fun when they get together. Right down to the youngest kiddos. You'll have a lot of laughs and some good ol' lovin. Can't wait to read book 2!!
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

*This review contains no spoilers*

What an awesome debut novel and a fantastic way to start a series.

Let me be completely honest here: sports' romances are not something I usually find myself reaching for and I also tend to avoid books written in the third person; Power Play is both, and I'm so freaking happy I gave it a try.

The story hooks you immediately and soon after, I was so into the narrative that I forgot all about that particular pet peeve of mine.

I love these characters and I
Stefanie Jenkins
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Contains no spoilers* where do I even begin? If you love sports romance, brothers best friend, sexy men, characters that you want to be friends with in real life and the cutest 5 year old siblings then this is the book for you. Alley had me on the edge of my seat at moments, swooning over the guys and laughing till tears were running down my eyes. Her characters are very relatable and I can see myself in them especially since both the main character and I have how I met your mother ringtones. ...more
Rose
Amazing Supporting Cast
Hidden Relationship
Witty Banter
Alpha Men
Did I mention Hockey Players?

Jordan promised her brothers that she would never again date one of their friends and Hockey teammates. When she made this promise she was not expecting Jake.

Jake, the goalie. Jake the green eye Alpha man. Jake who isn’t scared of her Brothers or her past. Jake who wants her. Jake who has dimples. Jake who likes transformers. Jake who fits with her.
Jordans past is.... complicated. Just
Crys McCarty
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!! From the very beginning I was drawn in. Great detail paid to the setting and characters, as you read you can picture each characters. You feel their emotions come to life in you when reading. This is a real emotional book when the characters are going through a rough time you want to be there with them holding their hands and when they are in a smooth patch you want to be hanging out with them partying because the characters are very likable and well written. I finished ...more
Meg K
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What is there to say about Power Play other than WOW?! Alley Ciz is an amazing new author who has totally blown my expectations out of the water. It’s honestly hard to believe that Power Play is her debut novel.

I’ve never been so invested in a set of characters. Alley has a way of creating a world that makes you feel like you’re a part of. Jake and Jordan have a magnetic pull even though they both know that they shouldn’t. Add in a couple more hot hockey players, cute younger siblings, a
Flo Grugel
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, well written characters. I liked Jordan and Jake's chemistry from the very beginning. All-round good, soild Debut.
Nicole Cook
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully sexy debut

I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this and it was so great! Seriously J&j are life! They are so cute together. It starts off they know they can't have each other and they try to deny they want each other. But sometimes you can't deny what the heart wants. No spoilers but you need this in your life. If you love hockey romances and slow burn, you will love Alley's debut Power Play.
D.L. Gallie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing debut novel from Alley
I was hooked from the first page and at a few times, was on the edge of my seat
I absolutely love Jordan and Jake, as people and a couple. And their group of friends is awesome too
I cannot wait to read more from this talented author
Allison Kathleen
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Power Play, the first book in the BTU Alumni Series by Alley Ciz is a 5 Star Read for 2019! I can not believe this is the first written and published book by Alley. It is one of the most well written flowing books i have ever read! If you love a good Rom- Com, and a good sports romance, then this is the book for you!
Que Jake, the perfect book boyfriend, and Jordan, the strong, perfect female lead. The chemistry between these two characters from the beginning of the book is off the charts! They
Jaime Reynolds
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One heck of a debut novel. I love a good sports romance and this does not disappoint. It has romance, drama, suspense and of course hot hockey players. The story had me intrigued from the beginning and finished reading within a few hours. Couldn’t put it down. This is going to be a fantastic series and I cannot wait to see how she develops the characters and continues with their stories. A must read!!!
Within The Pages Book Blog
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic debut!!! A hockey romance mixed with drama and suspense. Relatable characters, sizzling chemistry and some sibling rivalry that will have you reminiscing. Not to mention a slow burn that has you turning pages and wanting more. The characters were well developed and the storyline addictive. It is well written with so many emotions that I cannot believe it is a debut. A series that is sure to be fantastic and I cannot wait for more. Definitely a must read!!!
G (heartbooked)
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ha! This book wasn’t even on my radar but one of my girls got in touch with me if I would be interested to give this new author a chance with her debut book!!! Yeah I’m happy I did... I’m not even going to touch any writing criticism kind of thing because it’s an arc and it’s still in editing mode when I got this.

But the characters??? Absolutely loveable, likeable, swoonable?? Lol (add it to the dictionary) - etc etc... the story wasn’t rushed - a little slow burn but I like the build up of it!
Rebecca
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing! Right out of the gate this author wrote a stunning book that I couldn’t put down!
A.J. Andersen
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Alley Ciz's debut novel Power Play BTU Alumni #1.
Such a good, solidly written story! The plot was well thought out and executed with just the right amount of drama; as well as dealing with the difficult subject of dating abuse. That was a tough one for me as a survivor or college dating abuse. A lot of this story hit close to home.
I appreciate the tact and compassion that this subject was handled and how Jordan's friends and family rallied around to support and protect
Kari Davis
Power Play by Alley Ciz is the first book in the BTU Alumni series and her debut novel. When I read the blurb, I was like yep, I need to read this, its got a sports romance-check, best friends sister-check, alpha males-check, cute kids-check and a bit of a forbidden element.

This centers around Jordan and Jake. Jordan is the girl who fits in with the girls and the guys. She's a girly girl, with a bit of a tomboy persona. She is the sister of two of BTU's hockey stars. She's very spirited and
nikki
Jun 07, 2019 added it
I couldn’t finish it...I am so bloody fussy when it comes to writing styles and this one, being written in 3rd person just put me off. I couldn’t connect with the story at all.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: two book listings 2 25 Jun 10, 2019 12:41PM

• CHECKED (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)
  • The Truce (London Suits, #1)
  • I Never Planned on You (I Never, #1)
  • It's Not Home Without You (Hoco, #1)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Hot Mess
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
  • Cold Hearted Baller
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • The Locker Room
  • You Were Always Home (Hoco, #2)
  • The Dugout
  • The Red Zone
  • Holding Out For Paris (Holding Out #1)
I'm Alley. I'm an Indie author and I write Contemporary/New Adult, Rom-Com, Sports Romances with fierce heroines and their swoony Alpha partners with heart. There's a heavy dose of witty banter and sarcasm in my characters.

I'm a stay at home mom to 3 amazing and crazy minis all under 4yo, a 95lb lab, and let's face it on some days my hubby is my 4th kids... But to be fair I totally love him a a

BTU Alumni (5 books)
  • Tap Out (BTU Alumni, #2)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • BTU5 (BTU Alumni Book #5)
“That’s Jake Donovan? It figured he was a hockey player. They were her kryptonite.” 2 likes