Start by marking “Under a Different Sky” as Want to Read:
Under a Different Sky

Under a Different Sky

My life is a mess.

I'm walking around with a black eye. My position on the hockey team is questionable at best, and if that’s not bad enough, I think I'm falling for my dead girlfriend's best friend.

Every day, it's a fight to feel alive, and yet, I drink to numb the pain. Everyone is standing back, watching me fall apart.

Everyone except Hannah. No matter how many times I pu
Published June 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Under a Different Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under a Different Sky

Kaitlyn
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow!!! This book took me on a whirlwind of emotions from page one. And I still feel like I’m on that whirlwind even after finishing! My love for Nick and Hannah, just omg!! Every single character in this book has been through the ringer and back, but none more then Nick and Hannah. Watching them navigate through the journey that is this book was like no other. And I absolutely can’t wait for the next book on this book and to see the ending I know threes two deserve. My heart is still p ...more
Meredith
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. GAWD! This book... Where do I even begin? Under A Different Sky is so much more than just a simple love story. It's a story of loss and heartache. It's a story of strength and never giving up. It's a story of finding yourself again after the darkness tries to take over. It is a story that will tug at your heart strings from the very beginning.

I absolutely loved Nick and Hannah! The chemistry and pull these two have is extraordinary. They both struggled internally with their feelings, bu
Ashley Estep
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I should probably wait a minute before I write this review but oh Jesus, do I love Nick and Hannah.

Nick and Hannah’s story where do I even start? The chemistry and pull these two have is out of this world. The internal struggles they are both battling in feeling the way they do is profound.

Most of us know what it’s like to lose someone we love, and some of even know what it’s like to lose a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend and the aching pain you’re left with. Now imagine feeling that p
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is an emotional rollercoaster that provides all the feels. Under A Different Sky had me on the edge of my seat from the very first page until the very last word.
This book pulls at the heartstrings from the outset. Lindsey Iler delivers a heartbreaking story about loss, grief, friendship and love.

Nick and Hannah’s story was amazing. The chemistry and pull these two have is incredible. The internal struggles they both battle in feeling the way they do and their each other love is beaut
Andrea Morgan
Perfection !!!!

I knew from the first time i read the blurb and then the minute i saw the cover that this book was going to be something special, and boy was i not disappointed.

Nick is the all american hot sports player with the.perfect girlfriend and the future all set out for them ,until cancer happens and takes it all away leaving nick to deal with the devastation of loosing his first true love.the only person who seems to be able to get through to him is mia's best friend Hannah who promised
Nikki Pennington
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for this book from the author. I have been waiting for this one for what feels like FOREVER. Lindsey is the best. She has honestly been a really truly great friend to me. She has helped me with writing my own book, and she is so interactive with her crazy readers, she makes you feel more like a friend, and less like a crazy author stalker.

"My life is a mess. I'm walking around with a black eye. My position on the hockey team is questionable at best, and if that's not bad enoug
Kerri Mirabella
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought that taking a day or two to get my thoughts in order to write this review and here I am, still unable to come up with words. I don't feel I could do this book justice with anything I say. Nick and Hannah's story is one of love, loss, and heartbreak. Heartbreak so real it bleeds through the pages and makes your chest hurt and eyes water. Grab a box of tissues and bottle of wine and get ready for angsty whirlwind that is Nick and Hannah's love story.

My poor Nick. He was broken down and c
Ga Books LoverX
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 outta 5 stars, this book is heartbreaking and beautiful! How do you fully get over losing someone that you loved, especially when you are so young and feelings are even more vibrant and first love is something that you will never forget? That is fairly easy question to answer- it is a hard freaking road to go through.

Nick lost his HS girlfriend, his first love, to a horrible illness. He knew it was going to happen, but that does not make it any easier, in fact it just made him angry at the w
Melissa Schaub
4.5 Stars!!

Holy heart strings..this book pulled hard on them and I felt it through the entire book. Under A Different Sky is a deep story about loss and learning to live again; about guilt and finding redemption; and about finding peace in the last place you expected. The angst and deep emotion that poured from the pages will stick with me for a while!

Nick lost the one person he thought would be his forever and it has made him go to extremes to escape the pain. He wears his sorrow on his sleeve
Katie Silvi
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Heart has literally been ripped out of my chest, and tossed at my feet. Holy WOW, that was such an epic emotional rollercoaster that dropped me on my ass

Iler just completely blindsided me, right from the start. Under a Different Sky, starts off so heavy, emotionally. The turmoil..... the guilt, that that Nick and Hannah face is like a rapid succession of sucker punches to the heart. The broken and the damaged heroes and heroines are my Achilles heel, always have been, and always will be. Ile
Samantha
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You're to blame was the first story i've read of Lindsey, it sucked me in and couldn't put it down. I knew Lindsey would be an author I one click after that story. Well she sure doesn't disappoints, Under a different sky pulled me from the beginning, Nick and Hannah's story started after they both lost someone close to them, Nick's first love and Hannah's best friend. Hannah pulls Nick out of the darkness, and he slowly starts to feel whole again, but the two of them soon start to realize nothin ...more
Lesley Peck
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! What did I just read?! Nick and Hannah!

Nick!
Hannah!!
OMG.

These two have my heart. Every second of this book will own your heart and soul. It starts off with a bang and ends with an even bigger one. You will fall in love with them and feel every moment of it. This book is going to break you and put you back together again and break you again. I can't even tell you what I'm feeling right now. EVERYTHING!! I am feeling EVERYTHING!

What did I just read!??

Watch out Graham, Nick is coming fo
Gitanjali  .C
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey Iler's dedication itself had me feeling all gooey..itz such a powerful one.

With peaks of joy and valleys of heartache, this story is an incredible roller coaster ride. The fall and rise of Nick is so marvelously written in the sense that they can make you feel so much.

Being human is all about feeling emotions during rainstorms and sunshine, sprinkled with moments when you can almost reach the stars.Nick's life spirals out of control and the only person who seems to help him through it is
E&A Book
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just Wow!! This story is an emotional rollercoaster that will give you all the feels. Each word from the first chapter until the last, pierced every part of my soul. I ugly cried, got mad, and cried again. The chemistry between Nick and Hannah is off the charts, but the aftermath of this chemistry is absolutely devastating. Lindsey has knocked this one out of the park, and I can't wait to see how their story ends.
Autumn Bryant
Dawn Miller
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nick and Hannah are everything. I don’t even know how to write this review. This book makes you laugh, love and cry. Watching the relationship grow between Nick and Hannah just draws you in. So much love for this book! One of my new favorite reads!!
Nicki  (BooksandChatt)
Shelves: reviewed
From the heartbreaking beginning to the soul shattering ending. This book took my breath away!

I am seriously All up in my feelings right now!
This is the first book by Lindsey that I’ve read and I am absolutely blown away! I can’t wait to read more as Nick and Hannah’s story continues!

Seeing the pain that this group of friends has to overcome is hard. Throwing in some hot hockey playing guys makes it a little better! Can they keep their friendships? Will they find peace in their new reality?
Lisa Louise
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book left me in a mess(a good mess though lol) i literally shouted at my kindle " noooooo please dont end, i need to know more" and then i sulked for a bit lol .

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it gripped me from the start and still hasn't let me go.

I love nick and hannah, they are so perfect together, so much chemistry between them. They are both going through their own pain and grief and it draws you in so you feel all of it with them.
The secondary characters are fab and i hope to re
Katie M of BBKA
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ugh where do I even start. There are so many thoughts and emotions rioting inside my body. Right out of the gate you just know this book is going to give your heart a work out. It's going to beat faster, skip a few beats, get bruised and end up shattered by the very last sentence. My emotions were all over the map on this one and for me that is the sign of an amazing book!!

I have so much I want to say, but then realize that it could all be spoilers.

Nick is quickly heading in a downward spiral,
Taylor Graham
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So as I’m writing this review I have tears in my eyes. I was not ready for this emotional read! Reading Nick battle with his anger, hurt, loss almost broke me. Then you meet Hannah who is strong, fierce, and takes no crap. She pushes Nick and takes care of him all at the same time. Lindsey Iler could not have written their story any better. If you’re looking for a sweet insta love story. This is not it. This book is about loss, friendship, love, betrayal with a hint of mushy sweet stuff. I love ...more
KSWEAR79
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey came out of the gate with a hat trick in the first chapter...She beats the heck out of your emotions from the start and every time you think you can take a breath and wipe the tears away, she gives you a frozen solid puck to the face! I adore Nick & Hannah, but all the characters are really a huge part of what make this story amazing. 🥰
booksiflove
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I’m still kinda speechless...
This book totally started with a bang, which I totally didn’t expect. I was hooked from the first page! Nick and Hannah are wonderful characters, and what they had to go through, that’s something you don’t wish for anyone!
I definitely felt this book in all departments! It made me cry with them, hurt and laugh with them.
I’m READY for book 2!

I kindly received an arc for an honest review
catherine lawrence
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book pulls at your heartstrings from the very first page. Lindsey delivers a heartbreaking story about Nick, loss, friendship, and love. I wasn't able to put this down. The build up between the two characters was magnetic. I loved this. Have tissues and wine on standby.
Jessica Roessler
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey Iler yet again proves just how amazing she truly is.
She has managed to drag me into the world that is filled with Nick and Hannah, and oh man, I am not going to lie when I tell you, I did NOT want to leave.
Under a Different Sky has left it's mark on my heart, and I have a feeling that I am not going to be the only one who felt this way.
Nick and Mia have been friends since their memories began. Friends that slowly formed into best friends, and then to boyfriend and girlfriend. I don't eve
Kari Davis
Have you ever lost someone you love? A love that felt like your world began and ended with that person. Grief is a hell of a feeling and Under a Different Sky will just skim the surface of those feelings. My heart was in my throat right from the first chapter, so I knew that this book was going to drag me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I felt the highs of going up the hills to the lows of plummeting down those same hills. Nick and Hannah’s story is heartbreaking. Grab some tissues.

Nick is
Cecelia Ray
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book left me heartbroken, distraught, and completely wrecked, in the best way possible.

This book is one of the best books I’ve read this year! The emotion folded into the pages of this book is so raw and powerful that it’s absolutely beautiful. I was utterly consumed by this book and completely crushed in so many ways when it ended. I knew books had the power of eliciting emotion, but this book pulled on every single string of my heart until all that’s left are floating pieces desperately s
Alyssa's Bookrotic Blog
Nick and Hannah weren’t meant to fall in love but some things can’t be stopped. Though it seems there are secrets that could change the entire course of their relationship.
I really enjoyed the premise of this story. Nick’s a hard guy to handle but he’s been through a lot and luckily has people in his life who refuse to give up on him, one of those people being Hannah. Hannah is sweet and a little naive in thinking she can change a guy who is so intent on self-destruct. I liked these characters a
Sassy Southern
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nick Kovac is 17 when his girlfriend Mia dies from cancer and his world crumbles and he struggles to find any light. He is drinking and partying while still trying to be the hockey star that everyone expects him to be.
Hannah Barnes was Mia’s best friend and slowly she is trying to be there for Nick as much as he allows her to be. Her dad is the hockey coach and she knows she is walking a fine line with Nick.
As Nick and Hannah both begin to struggle with moving on with their lives the two begin t
Fay (Funkybooklover78) Moore
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Under a different sky

Ok Lindsey iler is a new author for me, and after seeing all the teasers for under a different sky .. I couldn’t wait to read it..

Omg this book killed me.. in the best possible way.. nick and Mia childhood sweethearts ..Hannah and Nicole are Mia’s best friends...

The first couple of chapters killed me .. so heartbreaking and breathtakingly written.. I cried 🤷♀

Nick starts to spiral out of control and Hannah finally pulls him back , but friendship turns to more .. and I’ve nev
Júlia Sol and Us
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blog Sol and Us
EN/PT-BR
____________________________

It is one of the most difficult reviews I have ever written because I can't say what I need to say in order to respect you and not give any spoiler.

I adore YA, it is one of my favorite genres. If not the favorite. Under a Different Sky is a great YA. It depicted the teenage way well. Hannah and Nick are extraordinary. They are realistic and compelling. I was able to empathize and care about them.

Lately I've been enjoying stories big enough for m
« previous 1 3 next »
Lindsey Iler is the author of the Our Worlds series. She's had her feet planted in the state of Michigan since she was born and she still lives there with her husband and four kids.

When she's not writing, she's spending time with family and friends, listening to music, and reading.

Lindsey writes mature young adult/new adult romance. She falls in love with every character that pops into her head a