Start by marking “TEN: Part 1” as Want to Read:
TEN: Part 1

TEN: Part 1

Is fate a shield against the agony of choice or a force that suffocates free will?

From diverse walks of life and different corners of the globe, ten strangers are being brought together. Prejudice, fallen dreams, loss, and trauma have plagued each of their lives . . . until they find each other, and for once it seems serendipity may heal their collective pain.

But behind th
Published February 12th 2019 by Indie

To ask other readers questions about TEN, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TEN

Start your review of TEN: Part 1
Sam Jowett
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I don’t like numbers or any sort of quantified scoring when it comes to doing reviews, so the score I put here is merely a placeholder. I used the 5 Stars rating I do not want to be arbitrarily unfair or skew the author’s score in a negative way. Also, I try to avoid spoiling or going into detail of any specific plot points. I went into this book nearly completely blind, and I recommend that you do the same. And make no mistake, this is a recommendation.

Ten by Sin Ribbon coales
Jolie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TEN: Part 1 is one of those books that will blow you away. I went into reading this book thinking that it would be OK. I figured that 10 main characters would overwhelm the book. Man, was I proven wrong. TEN: Part 1 was a fantastic read with a great plotline and characters that blew my socks off.

The plotline for TEN: Part 1 was interesting. Ten individuals, from all walks of life and cultures, are drawn to each other. All ten individuals have powers that are starting to awaken. These individuals
Zane Desjarlais
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book with so many lovable characters. I was afraid with so many characters some might get lost in the shuffle but every character is awesome. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. I'm a huge fan of the author Sin Ribbon and her podcast and I've been looking forward to her debut novel for a while now and it did not disappoint. I'm looking forward to part 2.
Denis
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You’d think that having to juggle so many characters around would be difficult, yet Sin Ribbon makes it seem as natural as breathing. I rarely ever see character relationships and personalities develop this organically while making sure each one of them has their own individual traits.

“Ten: Part 1” follows a diverse group of ten characters as they deal with a destiny that was forced upon them. I’m not going to get into spoilers, but the plot works incredibly well with Sin Ribbon’s writing style
Cheyenne Bramwell
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I literally could not put this book down! From the very first page until the end, it's full of unique and interesting characters, and gorgeous writing!

If you enjoy dark urban fantasy, check this out! You won't regret it!
Nadia Gerassimenko
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It seems I have been waiting for this kind of book all my life, and here it is at last! Ten by Sin Ribbon is truly a captivating, compelling, and creative read, where you have ten diverse characters from all walks of life and identities figuring out where they stand in the society, where they stand with each other, where they stand against the forces of evil destroying humanity and their home planet. I bet anyone can relate to at least one character and their struggling in the book. I have!

Ten,
DLV
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a Complimentary Copy of this book from Voracious Readers Only.

This book is detailed
and has Great characters!!

This book deals with realistic issues
in a realistic way.

Good book!!
Jeremy Dunn
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A compelling beginning

The main draw of this story is easily the characters. Each character is distinct, and even though there are nine main characters, they all (mostly) manage to stand out in their own way. Even though most of this story is setup, it remains compelling throughout. I'll be eagerly awaiting part 2.
Dianna
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling and reviting story...

I found this sci-fi fantasy story to be captivating. It is well written with emotion and drama, terrifying moments, and yet tender human relationships. It is a quick read and worth the price. I am looking forward to part 2!
S.M. Boren
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I purchased this book from Amazon to read. All opinions are my own. 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Ten Part 1 by Sin Ribbon. Ten strangers, all different religions, race, and cultures are thrown together from all corners of the world into downtown Pittsburgh. All ten of them are given some sort of supernatural ability after each of them has suffered a short life of traumatic events. These new powers hole the key to saving or devastating the world the way they know it. The ten must resist the will of destiny and carve the ...more
Casey the Reader
Ten people with unusual powers find themselves drawn together by forces they don’t understand - forces that threaten them and the world at large. They must figure out how to work together, and quickly, to prevent disaster.

With ten main characters, TEN: PART ONE could easily be unwieldy and confusing. But the plot races forward and each character is unique in a way that never gets out of hand. I found myself genuinely excited each time a new character’s name appeared at the start of a chapter. W
Leah Rachel von Essen
A fun YA novel reminiscent of Sense8, with a diverse cast. Ten people with supernatural powers are destined to be the conduit for an epic ancient battle. Can they band together to defeat the darkness instead? The heart of this book lies in the ten well-crafted main characters. My favorite was the bisexual polyamorous Riya, kicked out of her traditional Indian home but with a blazing spirit. The characters are swiftly introduced and not overwhelming, and the book is a quick page-turner. Looking f ...more
Danielle Urban
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ten: Part One by Sin Ribbon is an interesting YA fantasy novel. The first few pages were bombed with enough details that I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep reading. And then, after that, the story really began. It was captivating. Weird, quirky, but intriguing at the same time. I found the characters drove the story pages into a frenzy; making it easier to read. Young people suddenly with powers they don't understand or don't want but get anyway. So unusual...but entertaining.

The plot contained m
Charlotte Kralicek
Jan 08, 2020
Rachel Adams
Jun 19, 2020

• Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Complete Fifty Shades of Jezebel
  • Heat of the Night (Dream Guardians, #2)
  • #Murderfunding (MurderTrending, #2)
  • #Murdertrending (MurderTrending, #1)
  • Chasing Cleopatra, A Novel of Love, Betrayal and Suspense
  • The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)
  • Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely
  • The Demonic Compendium: Book One (A Grimdark Epic Fantasy Novel)
  • Mom Up: Thriving with Grace in the Chaos of Motherhood
  • Before the Rain Falls
  • Five Presidents: My Extraordinary Journey with Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, and Ford
  • Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • 12 Deaths of Christmas
  • The Quillan Games (Pendragon, #7)
  • Frankissstein: A Love Story
  • Pieces of a Lie
Looking for the TEN Character Sheet? Grab it here: https://universe.vision/subscribe/

Sin Ribbon is a storyteller on page, canvas and screen—her work culminated from poetry and prose, screenplays, films, and paintings. An eclectic blend, she draws from the philosophical and spiritual to spin existential tales of encouragement and consequence. Her works originate from the caverns of introspection, e