Start by marking “The Liars” as Want to Read:
The Liars

The Liars

Two women. One deadly secret. A rivalry that could destroy them.

Ava Wells is perfect. She has the boyfriend, the career, the looks. But one night changes everything and her life suddenly isn't so seamless.

Jade Fernleigh is ambitious. She's worked hard to get where she is. And she's not about to let Ava take the job she rightly deserves.

Both women share a secret that co

Published April 16th 2019 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about The Liars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Liars

Mark
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

A running theme throughout the book are these words

BETRAYAL, DISLOYALTY, LIES, REVENGE, RETALIATION, DEMISE

and if David thinks you are guilty of the first 3 then you are targeted with the last 3......even if your family, lover or you work for him...

Ava and Jade do work for him, they have history and now they compete for a promotion and David’s son Josh, its not going to end well, and it
doesnt as the book draws all these characters ( fabulous charcaters ) into a seductive story that really had me
Kim ~ Traveling Sister
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, netgalley
Whoa is this really a debut? Naomi Joy knocks it out of the park with this debut thriller! This book had me enthralled from the very first chapter.

Ava and Jade work together in a high scale PR firm and they are clawing their way to the top. These two despise each other as they are in a not so friendly competition for the same position. Two girls in an office vying for the same position -who used to be friends, that partied together and happened to be with their coworker Olivia the night she died
Mandy White
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Liars by Naomi Joy sounded like a book that I just had to read - sadly it was a great disappointment for me. For the first 30% or so I was intrigued about the relationships and what the lies were. After that it just went way off on a completely unbelievable tangent. None of the characters were likeable at all - and unbelievable in their actions and choices.

I don't like to write bad reviews about books and I can see that a lot of people have enjoyed this book. It wasn't for me and everybody
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
After thoughtful consideration I have decided to stop reading, 'The Liars,' at 30%, therefore I will not be rating. I'm not engaed or connecting well to any aspect, story arc or characters. To my ears the characters often sound immature and somewhat unbelievable and the narrative appears over detailed in places without advancing the story. There are other apects I could note but I don't want to completely pick the writing apart as it is purely my opinion and others may enjoy it more.

Michelle
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review can be found on my blog: https://booksonthebookshelf.wordpress...

Thank you to the publisher for the eARC copy of this book via NetGalley.

I enjoyed reading about the relationship and friendship between the two characters in this book and all the lies and secrets they had. This book is full of lies, deception, betrayal and revenge. What more could you ask for in a book?

Two women working for the same boss, who is very unlikeable, and both girls are vying for the same promotion. Both dete
Charlotte May
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Best thing I’ve read this year. Read The Liars in a weekend - I almost wish it hadn’t been such a page turner so I could sill be enjoying it!

Quick, funny, toxic, real. This is a must read.
Karen Whittard
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I expect high things from this author is this gem of a book is anything to go by. I mean it is stunning. It makes you believe that you think that you know what has happened, you think that their secret cannot be as bad as what they think that it is and you think that you know what’s going on. But boy will you be wrong ever single step of the way. Leading to one incredible book that will keep you gasping, keep you guessing and keep you on the edge of your seat.
booksofallkinds
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley.

THE LIARS by Naomi Joy is a rollercoaster of secrets, lies, and power and it kept me hooked from beginning to end.

Ava, Jade, and Olivia used to be friends as well as workmates but that all changed the night that Olivia died. Now they can barely stand each other at the office even though they are on the same team, and the tension only gets worse as they compete for the same promotion. But Jade believes that Ava is playing it dirty to get the job an
Elizabeth
Title : The Liars

Author: Naomi Joy

Two women. One deadly secret. A rivalry that could destroy them.

Ava Wells is perfect. She has the boyfriend, the career, the looks. One night changes everything and her life isn't so seamless anymore.

Both women share a secret that could destroy them, but who will crumble first? Are they both guilty? Or is one innocent?

My thoughts

Ra
Grace J Reviewerlady
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one very suspenseful read with more twists and turns than a series of hairpin bends!

Ava Wells and Jade Fernleigh work for the same company; in fact, they are both hoping for the same promotion. But Ava and Jade share a secret. The thing is, will it stay hidden?

Rivalry isn't pretty. It brings out the worst in some people and this is no different. As we get to know both these women better, finding out about their personal and home lives, things get much more complicated. This is a finely s
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Office rivalry has never been so intense as in this debut novel from Naomi Joy.

Ava and Jade once friends but now fierce competitors share a secret that if revealed could have dire consequences for both women.

Their mutual friend Olivia who has tragically died of a drug overdose is the cause of this rift in their friendship and they were both with Olivia before she died. What really happened that night and are Ava and Jade to blame for Olivia’s death?

Now vying for the same promotion at work, Ava
C Humphreys
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I loved this book! Fast-paced, gripping, full of twists and turns and lies and betrayal. Couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting.

Having worked in a number of offices in London - I recognised lots of types of people in this book.
Helena Jonas
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I love about thrillers: interesting, twisted characters, a super plot, quick pace, a different take on the domestic noir genre, elements of humour woven into the grittier themes, fabulous writing.
You need to read this book.
Julie Morris
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
, if you are looking for a gripping book to accompany you on your own holiday this Easter, or to get you through the long holiday weekend, this might just be the book for you. It kept me glued to the pages at the beginning of the week, as far as the kids’ demands for trips to the beach and for ice cream would allow, desperate as I was to know how it would all pan out.

This is a book that reminds you not to fall into the trap of taking people at face value. Things are not always what they seem and
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Is this really a debut novel? Wow.

Ava and Jade are former friends , working in the same office and vying for the same promotion.

Will their lies and their past catch up with them and ruin any chances of a promotion?

This is a great read full of suspense. I read this pretty quickly as I just didn’t wanna put it down.
Well done to the author on her debut novel. I’m looking forward to reading more from her in the future.
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
::..Reviewed for Red's Midnight Readers..::

I was very kindly offered an ARC in exchange for an honest and unbiased review and I have given it five stars!!

This is office rivalry at it's worst.

Everyone has secrets, some big enough to kill them.

Oh my god! This was everything I love about psychological thrillers, I couldn't put it down. The Liars was a roller coaster of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat from the very first page. Not everything is as it seems and I could not get en
Elaine
Mar 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Thanks to NetGalley for a Kindle ARC of The Liars.

Sheesh, this was bad. And in a bad way. A really bad way.

Bad all over the place; bad characters, carbon copy plot, where I figured out who the bad guy was by the second chapter, not to mention the trigger themes of sexual violence, drugs, and predatory behavior.

I don't know what I disliked most; the catty, petty, childish behavior of Jade towards Ava or the constant mooning and salivating Jade has for Josh, her object of unrequited affection.

Ja
Shana
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
First, thanks to #NetGalley for the opportunity to read an e-galley of this book.

Ava and Jade both have a secret that could rip their worlds apart. They both work at W&SP. Jade has worked her way up at the company for over 8 years. Ava seems to have it all, she's beautiful, has a boyfriend, and seems to be next in line for a promotion.

But all is not as it seems!
#NetGalley #TheLiars
Brendan
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling. I’m not normally a huge non fiction fan but found this and couldn’t put it down. I got through this book in two days. Addictively good and exciting. Highly recommended.
Nicola Smith
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think what attracted me initially about the premise of The Liars was the rivalry between the two women, especially in the workplace.

We have Ava and Jade. They work together at W&SP (known as Wasp, a very apt name as it happens), a PR company. A secret binds them but also drives a wedge between them. Ava pushes Jade away whereas Jade becomes resentful of Ava, who she sees as little miss perfect, sucking up to the boss and getting all the breaks whilst Jade gets none. The boss is David Stei
Jane Hunt

I’ve worked in offices for a significant part of my working life and whilst I never experienced or witnessed anything as extreme as explored in ‘ The Liars’. There are elements which I recognise, albeit in a less extreme form.

This story has an ordinary setting, but the plot is dark exploring the themes of betrayal and revenge. The characters are driven and verging on immoral, their ambition and the need to succeed and claim what they believe is there due, push out any empathy, kindness and compa
Natalie
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved the authors writing style and am excited to see what she has up her sleeve next!

The characters werent very likeable but this is all part of the cleverly woven story.
The first half of the book isnt too gripping but after this it twists and turns amazingly.
This book is a psychological thriller that is different to most as there is quite abit of humour within it too.
I was shocked with the ending and keep thinking what might h
G W
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the publisher for an ARC of THE LIARS.

Rating: 5 stars

Author: Naomi Joy

Would I recommend:
Yes, for fans of the genre and those who have worked in an office.

Review:

Office politics has never been so thrilling.

I really enjoyed reading this book. Fantastic characters, an intriguing and twisty plot, a plethora of potential suspects and a rollercoaster to find out what happens in the end.

The lead protagonists, Ava and Jade, are flawed in their own ways, fighting for a promotion at the company
Helen Leecy
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m actually not sure what I think of this book. I read it quite quickly which I usually say is a good sign; however, I don’t know whether I actually enjoyed it.
The book is quite slow-going, to begin with, and even at 30% in I wasn’t sure what it was really about. There weren’t any hints at it being a Psychological Thriller, and even when the real drama got going, it still didn’t feel like it.
Towards the end was probably the best bit as you get answers as to what has been going on. However, I d
Donna Hines
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Two women. A deadly secret. Jealousy beyond comprehension.
Ava and Jade are more similar than they think but one believes she's perfect and the other struggles to get by in life.
One night is all it takes to bring a lifetime of heartache.
One may falter and when she does the other is waiting in the wing to pick up and take off!
Thank you to Naomi, the publisher, NetGalley, and Aldiko for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.
Michelle Quinn
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought this started off interesting, it did a good job keeping the mysteries actually a mystery. I started to get bored, and skim through, at around 90% when the mysteries were solved and all that was left was the resolution. I got bored mostly cause I didn't care about any of the characters, it was the same to me if they lived or died or got caught or went free. I just didn't care.

The characters are alright, they move the story along. Jade was insufferable. But, if you can deal with her, the
Amanda
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
In exchange for an honest review, I was provided a free eARC of The Liars by Naomi Joy.

Official Blurb (courtesy of NetGalley)

Two women. One deadly secret. A rivalry that could destroy them.

Both women share a secret that cou
Marianne
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Eh, not much new here. I didn’t love the story or any of the characters, they were mostly unlikable, and in the case of Jade, ridiculous and immature. I’m getting bored with the women/frenemy/backstabbing/competition thing. I know it’s fiction but it’s a too common theme lately and as a woman, and mother of a 17 yr old girl, it’s just depressing.

I figured out rather quickly who the villain is. I did go on to finish it nonetheless so it’s not all bad. Not sure the epilogue was needed (haven’t we
Debi Hawkes
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lightweight, unbelievable, predictable thriller. And yet I'm certain many will love it.

I received an ARC copy from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.
Angela  Mellor
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The Liars is a fairly fast paced thriller based around office rivalry or is it more than that?
Jade and Ava are work friends they work at the same place and share the same friend, Olivia who is the directors daughter. One night they go out and something happens and through this dreadful coverup, lies and jealousy start to take over. Ava is David the directors choice to take over from Olivia so is over Jade and this doesn’t go down well at all especially as they share a secret.
This was an ok thri