Start by marking “Moon Juice Stomper: A novel: Goa 1987-96” as Want to Read:
Moon Juice Stomper: A novel: Goa 1987-96

Moon Juice Stomper: A novel: Goa 1987-96

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A novel: Goa 1987-96
Every epic era needs its chronicler, and in Moon Juice Stomper, Goa has found its Homer. Set in a Golden Triangle for cultural exiles and outcastes, a haven for human flotsam and jetsam surging up the electric shores of the Arabian Sea, where bodies are levitated above the sands of distant languid beaches, this story does not release the reader from it
Published January 9th 2019 by Metaray

To ask other readers questions about Moon Juice Stomper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Juice Stomper

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Moon Juice Stomper: A novel: Goa 1987-96
ThePagemaster
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Moon Juice Stomper is an autobiographical sort of novel, written by Ray Castle, who is a well known figure in the psychedelic trance scene. He is one of the individuals who were there to witness the genesis of what became known as Goa Trance, eventually evolving into psytrance, and this is his story.

To begin with, the novel is insanely addictive. The only time I’ve been this hooked, as far as I can recall anyways, would be the Harry Potter franchise, which up to this day remain my favorite books
Nikos
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
With no info on the covers or anywhere inside apart from the actual text and the writer’s name, i guess this book is aimed at people who know who Ray Castle is. This is a novel about the beginning of what would later be labeled Goa Trance, the transition from the old hippie 70s Goa to a new generation of freaks who would dance to eclectic electronic music influenced by hindu mysticism and the new technological boom of the early personal/home computer era.

Ray Castle, a semi-legendary underground
Ayur Sagar
It is the continuation of what Leary, Ram Dass, Ken Kesey, Grace Slick, Steve Hillage, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Osho and others had started.
When I had thought in 1985, that’s it with the music, I landed in Goa at the Spaghetti Beach, and Doc Silver taught me that it had just begun!
Ray is writing the historic event of the rebirth of the Hippie Movement, of the evolution of music 🎧 into something our ears had never heard before.
So it is his writing, the master art of the “Poet of the Beyond”.
Rea
Paul Seymour
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A magical time beautifully captured

Moon Juice Stomper faithfully recreates the early days of Goa techno. The party scenes particularly are vividly told, bringing me back to the raw chaotic order of the parties before the scene went huge. Plus the occult weirdness of the Saga. A really fun ride!
Kol Dimond
Aug 04, 2020
Matija66
Feb 27, 2020
Ray Castle
Feb 25, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Asmith

• Saints and Strangers
  • The Letter Killers Club
  • Jacob the Mutant
  • The Slynx
  • The Multiple Worlds of Pynchon's Mason & Dixon: Eighteenth-Century Contexts, Postmodern Observations
  • Mother Thessaloniki
  • Mad, Bad, Dangerous to Know: The Fathers of Wilde, Yeats and Joyce
  • Mason & Dixon
  • I, Robot (Robot, #0.1)
  • The Wandering Earth: Classic Science Fiction Collection
  • Beast
  • Transcendent Kingdom
  • Authority (Southern Reach, #2)
  • The Search For Roots: A Personal Anthology
  • Acceptance (Southern Reach, #3)
  • The Geography of Rebels Trilogy: The Book of Communities, The Remaining Life, and In the House of July & August

News & Interviews