Start by marking “Her Prince Charming” as Want to Read:
Her Prince Charming

Her Prince Charming

It’s instantaneous attraction when Tanuja Bhatia from Delhi meets Raj Malhotra from Bombay at the Bombay Central Station.

The mutual attraction soon blossoms into love over the next couple of meetings.

Tanuja and her simple father fail to see the crisis brewing in their own home. Her not-so-nice stepmother Gurinder is totally against the idea of Tanuja meeting her Prince C
Published February 9th 2019 by Flaming Sun (Indie published)

To ask other readers questions about Her Prince Charming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Prince Charming

Start your review of Her Prince Charming
Preethi Venugopala
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was tempted by the blurb which felt like an Indian take on Cinderella but the book is much more delightful. Felt like I was watching a classic Hindi movie. While I read, I even cast a few actors of my choice in the role of the main characters. Tanu was Hemamalini and Raj was Dharmendra for me. :) I finished it in one sitting. What a lovely story!
Yuva Ranjini
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When people say they like fairy tales, my mind turns to be a super sceptic. Our life is a trajectory that intends to change constantly. Of course, so is the course of events. Our mind always carries a part of it for ages until the time and space allow our mind to write them down. Such is the answer to this book. The fairy tale which is rewritten and published with a Bollywood influence sets in the ’80s.

Her prince charming is a story of Tanuja who has a tough time because of Gurinder, step-mother
Rennie Mathews
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
India's Cinderella indeed

If you've grown up reading Cinderella, and ever wondered, what if we had an Indian version, then this is the "go to" book. Only a "Sundari Venkatraman" can make it a reality. What an awesome story line as always. Not sure and hope such a cruel step mother and siblings do not exist in reality. Even minute details, like calling from the hotel room phone (added to the bill), is recorded in the story. Very realistic. I know a couple, where the man had refused to see the girl
Rubina
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Yet again Sundari Venkatraman has surprised me with the simplicity in her story. Tanuja can be anyone amongst us. Leading an obscure life, dominated by her stepmom and stepsisters. Yet she is a princess for she falls in love. The story of Cinderella retold again and again - yet every time you hear it, that small girl inside you feels happy. Someone found their happy ending, what's not there to like.? The story has moments where I had a lump in my throat. That good ole feeling of blessing the cou ...more
Sunita Saldhana
The first thing that struck me was the cover. It was just perfect. Its vintage look hinted at the past and made me want to go back there.

Knowing that the book was a prequel to Sundari Venkatraman’s book, “The Malhotra Bride”, added to my interest.

Her Prince Charming is a Cinderella story set in India in the 1970s. Though you have the father, the daughter, the step sister and the step mother, the author has breathed something new in them. She has added the “Indianness” and has managed to keep t
Mohan
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story to read

I have read almost all the books of sundari venkatraman, the stories are very interesting to read. the language is simple and easy to understand . storytelling skills are good writing skills is good and she keeps the story interesting till the end .It's worth spending money on her books. If you love reading romantic novels then you would definitely enjoy her books
The prince charming seemed adaption of Indian version of Cinderella
Manjri Gopalan
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
An Indianized (rather I must say a Punjabi) Cinderella story! It's a sweet romantic novel with a happy ending.
Geeta Nair
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FIRST THINGS FIRST :) - THE COVER

Done in black and fading white, the cover gives us a glimpse of the timeline when the story of an Indian Cinderella is set. Beautiful and captivating, it takes us back to the era of black and white movies which are till date loved for their lyrical melodies and graceful heroines.

MY TAKE

Where do I begin, and where do I end? That’s the dilemma I’m facing at the moment. Hats off to you Queen of Romance Sundari Venkatraman, you’ve once again proved that a light roma
The Book Club Reviews
Tanuja Bhatia was only two when her father remarried, Gurinder. Her stepmother and her daughters treated her like a servant in the house and since she was eleven, Tanuja managed the kitchen and her studies. She met Bhoomi at a public school in Delhi in class 7, and the girl became her best friend, philosopher, and guide.

As soon as 21-year-old Raj Malhotra completed his graduation, he planned to start his own business in Mumbai while his parents and elder brother live in Delhi and his married eld
Devika Fernando
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a fan of Sundari Venkatraman’s books so I was eager to get my hands on this new release.

I loved the way the heroine Tanuja is portrayed. Quiet and acquiescent – but still waters run deep! Beneath the forced calm and endless patience lie not just genuine kindness but also a hidden vivacity and determination, a thirst for the better life that she deserves. As for the hero Raj, he’s a real charmer. A self-made man who manages to exude confidence as much as true generosity and honesty. Tanu caug
Mansi Babbar
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping, warm tale of how a girl finds her soulmate in a most unexpected way! Their first date, their first kiss, put in a loving tale is almost a realistic fairy tale. It’s so simple and yet intricate! Loved it 🥰
Dhawal Joshi
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a fun read really after a long time. The book gives out the late 70s vibes and its really great at it. It reminds me of a old bollywood classics story. The narration is really smooth and good. It holds your attention throughout the story.

The writing style kinda reminded me of the R.K.Narayan's. The classic vibes is constant throughout the book and holds it very well on its own. The story isn't something unique or out of the box but something which you'd like reading for once.

The language i
Karim
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: completed
Beautifully narrated modern day Cinderella story...
Madhurima Jain
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Fantastic!

I have always loved reading Sundari's books. You relate to the characters and situations in her book easily and the pace of the book keeps you hooked on.
Gopal
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A simple and sweet story

.Recommended for Goodreads
Raj and Tanuja are a wonderful couple
.I enjoyed reading this story
It is a lesson to step mother's who I'll treat their step children
Sadhuvi
While growing up, many of us would have read fairy tales and hoped that we too will have such a happy life!! But as years pass, we realize that life is always not a bed of roses..Of all those stories,Cinderella was the one which I liked the most..Reading this book bought back my memories about Cinderella!!!

In this book, author talks about the life of Tanuja Bhatia, an intelligent young girl..Tanuja suffers a lot due to her bad stepmother Gurinder and her two half-sisters…Her father loves her a l
Arpan Ghosh
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: The title of this book is attractive. It seems there is a lady who dreams of her Prince charming and the whole story revolves around him and her. After reading the title, readers will be very excited to know who The Prince Charming is and what is going to happen with him. It is so interesting.

Cover: In the cover, there are two persons- one man and one woman, and a train. Strange thing is the faces of both persons are half visible in the cover and the rest half portion is cut. Readers coul
Kavita
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sundari is one of my go to author's if I want to read a heartwarming romances which are soothing and entertaining.

It's always great to see how well known stories can take a totally different shape and perspective when told by someone else.
The cover is very beautiful and gives the typical old time feel. The blurb does let us know that the story may be quite similar to Cinderella story but then the basics are very the similarities end.
The author's take on this story and her spin on it makes this
Angela Peixoto
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A modern time's Cinderella story that makes you feel beautiful as you read it. Although I rated this book 5 Stars I do feel that with Sundari Venkatraman I need another 2 stars at least to distinguish this book from all other 5 stars I have read. The author is amazing at keeping us engaged right through the book in such a way that one forgets to do all the things that one is supposed to do. One more best seller by Sundari Venkatraman and if you like romances you will absolutely love it.
Savita Ramsumair
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another masterpiece!!!

Once again another masterpiece by this author. While it's another romance, a particular theme is dealt with that is Tanuja having to deal with the I'll treatment of her step mother and her daughters. They are jealous of her and try to do everything to make her life miserable but her Prince Charming, Raj gives her all the happiness that she deserves.
Sarini
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect loved it

Perfectly written and verbal described beautifully. Each word just pulls into imagination and dives into it. Totally loved it a lot.
Monisha
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this modern Indianised version of the Cinderella... It was well written..
Nilima
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review: Her Prince CharmingHer Prince Charming by Sundari VenkatramanSundari Venkatraman

Her Prince Charming, shows that the Universe delivers the best of what you ask for. Loved how Tanuja's dream manifested in such a grand way.
I loved that Tanuja is not shown as a motherless, pitiful, naive, doomed kind of girl. She is an upbeat, self-motivating, thinking, hard working, satisfied, mature, friendly girl with her head on her shoulders.
I loved her in The Malhotra Bride and here I loved her yo

• Tied to You: A Passionate Kidnap Romance
  • Accidental Husband: A Passionate Love Story
  • Seduced by Mr Perfect
  • Until You
  • Destiny for Love Arranged (A Second Chance Romance Book 1)
  • The Devil’s Kiss: A Dark Romance
  • Remember When
  • Her Protector
  • The Proposition: A Billionaire Marriage Of Convenience Romance
  • The Marriage Contract: A Billionaire Romance
  • BREAKING ALL THE RULES (SEHGAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS SAGA Book 3)
  • His Captive Bride: A Short Kidnap Romance
  • My Sister’s Boss
Sundari Venkatraman is an Indie Author who has 40+ to her credit. These books have consistently featured in the Top 100 Bestseller Lists on Amazon India, Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Amazon Canada and Amazon Australia in both romance as well as Asian Drama categories. Her latest hot romances have all been on #1 Bestseller slot in Amazon India for over a month.

Even as a child, Sundari absolutely loved th

News & Interviews