Start by marking “Giant Days, Vol. 11 (Giant Days, #11)” as Want to Read:
Giant Days, Vol. 11 (Giant Days, #11)

Giant Days, Vol. 11

(Giant Days #11)

It’s Daisy, Esther and Susan’s third year at university, and with that comes new beaus, new jobs, and new adventures.

The third (and final!) year of university is finally here, and BFFs Daisy, Esther, and Susan are in for some surprising upsets in their first semester. Between Halloween run-ins with Daisy’s dreaded (dreadful) ex, part time gigs at a shady pop-up Christmas m
Published October 8th 2019 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Giant Days, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giant Days, Vol. 11

Start your review of Giant Days, Vol. 11 (Giant Days, #11)
Sam Quixote
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-comics-2019
After being rejected by beautiful Goth princess Esther, Ed Gemmell’s been mending his broke heart (and ankles) with Amazonian Aussie babe Extreme Sports Nina – and the two have fallen in love! So, irony of ironies, when Ess sees Ed and Neen together for the first time, she realises she’s in love with Ed too! Two drop-dead gorges chasing after you? Ed, mate: hi-fucking-five! And TEACH ME!

To cobble together the pennies for a plane ticket to visit Neen’s parents in Oz over the holidays (see the sp
David Schaafsma
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-series
Well! After an uneventful and pretty unmemorable volume, this is All About Memorable, in that Ed's (surprise) new girlfriend Nina takes him home to see her Australian family! Lots of fun in the down under. Can non-athlete Ed hold up under the All Sports All the Time environment? (correct)

(But how is Esther doing about this? Well, read it, but this creates a realization in her she hadn't anticipated. But Nina is a very likable character! Hard to hate, even for Esther lovers! And speaking of lover
Paul E. Morph
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pure, unadulterated joy in book form. Read it.
Emma
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's always good to be back with the lovely and fun girls of this wonderful comic series. I'm so sad I've only got a few volumes left and then I'm going to be done, I'm going to miss them all so much! I enjoyed this volume, but I really hope I get the chance to see more of Ed in the next one, I'm so looking forward to see more of his story and I also really hope for something to happen between him and Esther, we'll see.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
It has been waaaaay too long since I've picked up a new volume of this series and I'm so happy to have read this. ♥ This is easily my favorite graphic novel series and I really just never, ever get tired of time spent with these 3 and their ridiculous antics (and McGraw! I'm so happy to be seeing him regularly in these issues again!). I hope John Allison keeps writing these graphic novels forever. 🥰

UPDATE: Literally 5 minutes after writing this mini-review, I learned that, though the final volum
Rod Brown
Senior year and suddenly we're zipping from Halloween through Christmas and Valentine's Day to spring break. Where'd the time go? It feels a bit like it is being frittered away, but this outing is still an enjoyable time spent with familiar and fun characters. Alas, they spend much of the time apart in their own storylines, when they work best as a group.
Ashley Daviau
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I sound like a broken record when it comes to this graphic novel series because I just go on and on about how great it is and how much I love McGraw. And I don’t have anything much different to say this time around which just goes to further prove how fabulous this series is. It just feels good when I’m reading it and time flies when I’m hanging out with these girls!
Tib
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is so good. Why have I been sleeping on this series?
rachel ☾
#7) Giant Days, Vol. 7 ★★★★☆
#8) Giant Days, Vol. 8 ★★★★☆
#9) Giant Days, Vol. 9 ★★★★★
#10) Giant Days, Vol. 10 ★★★★☆

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler).

Representation: Daisy (mc)
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Have I ever rated a volume of this series below five stars? No. The answer is no.
Anna (Bananas)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
My comfort comic ❤️
Devann
actual rating: 3.5

As always, this was a really cute volume but there wasn't really anything in here that blew me away or made me laugh at out loud. Also I feel like it covered a really big chunk of time - like half of their year! Going at this pace there's probably only going to be one or maybe two more volumes and that makes me sad. Also I really love Nina, and not just because I'm sick to death of the whole ~will they won't they~ thing with Ed and Esther [but kudos to her for doing the right t
Imogene
Extra star for Ed’s crazy Australian girlfriend. Yes, I understood all of the words that they were using 😂😂😂

Extra love for Esther doing the right thing for someone she cares about even if it’s not what she wanted
Cale
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I laughed out loud more often in this volume than in any previous. This series is still firing on all cylinders, with the humor, the drama, the relationships, and the characters all in sync. We get a Christmas adventure with Cult-like influences, aftershocks of a bad breakup, and a trip to Australia; each situation is full of laughs and drama, much of which plays out in unexpected, but completely in character, ways. I don't know what else to say about this except this series is still won ...more
Xanthe
How can everyone in this book be so RIDICULOUS and yet so emotionally competent at the same time? I don't know but I love it and love everyone. Note: this book is extra fat because it includes the special Christmas issue illustrated by John Allison where Ed Gemmell travels to Australia for some shenanigans. Nice.
Jenn Estepp
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do love this series.
Bostonlotus
Too much Ed.
Natasha Chowdory
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This was soooooo good.
I love this series so much but it manages to keep getting better and staying true to the source? I genuinely don't want it to end, although I know it has to. I did like the focus on some of the other characters this issue (it's a big one!). I really like that you can pick this up after a while and still know the story (as we've seen with previous comics)!!
Paz R.M.
Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's day = a dramatic party where Daisy runs into her chaotic ex. Ed Gemmel finds love, and the worst possible job in a pop-up Christmas market that could... also be a cult??? Esther developing a lovely friendship with McGraw, hurting because of a crush and maybe getting over it... finding the one? There's not much of Susan in this volume, she's just exhausted saving lives. She deserves a break.

This one was better than the previous volume, I enjoyed the h
Vera-Michele
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5 ⭐️

This was one of the better ones I’ve read in awhile

Reread: 4/5 Stars
Same feelings.
Lara
Wooo, this is a nice, thick one! I wasn't really sure where things were going at the end of the last volume, but I should not have worried. Same old girls, same old boys, same old wonderful.

I love Esther hanging out with McGraw and Susan just being fascinated by it ("People don't take her seriously, and I think they should." ❤️️❤️️❤️️!!!). I love how Daisy is dealing with her breakup with Ingrid and how protective Susan and Esther are of her, and how she accidentally joins a "cult" (OF COURSE S
Emily
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, teen-books
Okay, not my fave.

Esther now loves Ed. Ed is dating an Australian girl.
McGraw helps a Cliff, an elderly neighbor who asks too much of McGraw and then dumps their friendship when random bulky dude returns.
Ed and Daisy worked for Cliff, who was a total scam.
Esther tries dating a genius millionaire but something about a subway station and Russian invasion breaks them up.
Bonus, Ed’s adventures in Australia meeting his girlfriends family.
Kazia
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-comics, queer
Hmm there's a totally unnecessary part where the trio dress up for Halloween and Esther dresses as a Geisha with a mask and the fact that it's cultural appropriation is made fun of in the text but it also goes nowhere, so it's just painful for no reason?? Otherwise this volume was just as delightful as the rest...
j_karlovska
Sep 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Still obsessed with Giant Days, I thing it's something I will never get bored of. At this point I'm all caught up with the series and I'm impatiently waiting for the next volume to come out. Esther, Susan and Daisy feel like my real friends and I have to say a big THANKS to John Allison for creating the only uni experience I have ever wanted.
Lauren James
I love this series - I've been reading them for many years now, starting when I was a fresher like the characters, and now I am most definitely not (!). Each volume is a low-stress, big-hijinks slice of slightly surreal life, and I'm going to be dipping in and out of them as long as they're being published.
Ellyn   → Allonsythornraxx
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphics
23/04/2020
4 ⭐
This one was a bit longer than the other volumes so I got a bit intimidated and put off reading it for weeks which I now totally regret! I always have so much fun reading these comics and this time was no different!
Mallory
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
At one point, I scream-laughed. This series continues to be a delight. I am very sad it will be ending soon.
Paolina
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I live this series so much and am having a minor crisis about this being the 2nd-to-last volume ever. I'll never have enough of these characters. How am I meant to go on????
Samantha Mielke
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed, but found the multitude of story lines harder to follow than in previous issues
Anna
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exactly right for this weekend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Lumberjanes, Vol. 13: Indoor Recess (Lumberjanes, Vol. 13)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 12: Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 14: X Marks the Spot (Lumberjanes, Vol. 14)
  • The Once and Future King (Rat Queens Vol. 7)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 12: To All The Squirrels I've Loved Before
  • Heavy Vinyl: Y2K-O!
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 2
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 11: Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 11: Call Your Squirrelfriend
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 15: Birthday Smarty (Lumberjanes, Vol. 15)
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: But You Can't Hide
  • Lumberjanes: Campfire Songs
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: Destined
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 9: Okay (the wicked + the divine #9)
  • Lumberjanes: The Shape of Friendship
  • Mooncakes
John Allison is the author and artist of the British webcomics Scary Go Round and Bad Machinery.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Giant Days (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days, #3)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 4 (Giant Days, #4)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days, #6)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 9 (Giant Days #9)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 10  (Giant Days, #10)