Start by marking “Giant Days, Vol. 11” as Want to Read:
Giant Days, Vol. 11

Giant Days, Vol. 11

(Giant Days #11)

It’s Daisy, Esther and Susan’s third year at university, and with that comes new beaus, new jobs, and new adventures.

The third (and final!) year of university is finally here, and BFFs Daisy, Esther, and Susan are in for some surprising upsets in their first semester. Between Halloween run-ins with Daisy’s dreaded (dreadful) ex, part time gigs at a shady pop-up
Published October 8th 2019 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Giant Days, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giant Days, Vol. 11

Start your review of Giant Days, Vol. 11
Sam Quixote
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-comics-2019
After being rejected by beautiful Goth princess Esther, Ed Gemmell’s been mending his broke heart (and ankles) with Amazonian Aussie babe Extreme Sports Nina – and the two have fallen in love! So, irony of ironies, when Ess sees Ed and Neen together for the first time, she realises she’s in love with Ed too! Two drop-dead gorges chasing after you? Ed, mate: hi-fucking-five! And TEACH ME!

To cobble together the pennies for a plane ticket to visit Neen’s parents in Oz over the holidays (see the sp
David Schaafsma
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-series
Well! After an uneventful and pretty unmemorable volume, this is All About Memorable, in that Ed's (surprise) new girlfriend Nina takes him home to see her Australian family! Lots of fun in the down under. Can non-athlete Ed hold up under the All Sports All the Time environment? (correct)

(But how is Esther doing about this? Well, read it, but this creates a realization in her she hadn't anticipated. But Nina is a very likable character! Hard to hate, even for Esther lovers! And speak
Paul E. Morph
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pure, unadulterated joy in book form. Read it.
Anna (Bananas)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
My comfort comic ❤ ...more
Devann
actual rating: 3.5

As always, this was a really cute volume but there wasn't really anything in here that blew me away or made me laugh at out loud. Also I feel like it covered a really big chunk of time - like half of their year! Going at this pace there's probably only going to be one or maybe two more volumes and that makes me sad. Also I really love Nina, and not just because I'm sick to death of the whole ~will they won't they~ thing with Ed and Esther [but kudos to her for doing
Imogene
Extra star for Ed’s crazy Australian girlfriend. Yes, I understood all of the words that they were using 😂😂😂

Extra love for Esther doing the right thing for someone she cares about even if it’s not what she wanted
Cale
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I laughed out loud more often in this volume than in any previous. This series is still firing on all cylinders, with the humor, the drama, the relationships, and the characters all in sync. We get a Christmas adventure with Cult-like influences, aftershocks of a bad breakup, and a trip to Australia; each situation is full of laughs and drama, much of which plays out in unexpected, but completely in character, ways. I don't know what else to say about this except this series is still won ...more
Jenn Estepp
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do love this series.
Lara
Wooo, this is a nice, thick one! I wasn't really sure where things were going at the end of the last volume, but I should not have worried. Same old girls, same old boys, same old wonderful.

I love Esther hanging out with McGraw and Susan just being fascinated by it ("People don't take her seriously, and I think they should." ❤❤❤!!!). I love how Daisy is dealing with her breakup with Ingrid and how protective Susan and Esther are of her, and how she accidentally joins a "cult" (OF COURSE SHE DOE
Natasha Chowdory
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This was soooooo good.
I love this series so much but it manages to keep getting better and staying true to the source? I genuinely don't want it to end, although I know it has to. I did like the focus on some of the other characters this issue (it's a big one!). I really like that you can pick this up after a while and still know the story (as we've seen with previous comics)!!
Nina
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH NO THEY ARE GETTING CLOSE TO GRADUATING! Please let me read about these, basically my favorite people, forever and ever. I still love them so much!
Samantha Mielke
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed, but found the multitude of story lines harder to follow than in previous issues
Mallory
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
At one point, I scream-laughed. This series continues to be a delight. I am very sad it will be ending soon.
Anna
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exactly right for this weekend.
Paolina
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I live this series so much and am having a minor crisis about this being the 2nd-to-last volume ever. I'll never have enough of these characters. How am I meant to go on????
annika
#11 Giant Days, Vol. 11
#12 Giant Days Vol. 12
Alissa
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
You can tell this series is winding down. I still love reading it, and am still over the top excited when we get the latest issue in, but lately it seems like John Allison is getting tired of writing it. I mean, there's only so many times/different ways recurring plot points can be re-spun. Only so many ways Esther can be Ground Zero/Epicenter for chaos... Only so many things one can do with Susan and McGraw's Opposites Attract dynamic... Only so many Big Hair jokes that can be made about Daisy. ...more
Nicole
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this eleventh volume of the most excellent Giant Days graphic novel, much of the same is going on despite many differences in the subtleties of university life.
There’s Susan, working her way one shift after another through medical school, going home and meeting McGraw as they live together. He’s still helping the neighbor when he can, but sometimes to the detriment of his own life.
Daisy refuses to go back to her crazy ex, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t looking for something else.
Arielle
The last volume of Giant Days was such a win for me that this one felt like a bit of a letdown. Of course, I'm still incredibly invested in the characters, the artwork, and the all-around vibe (ie: comforting, funny, warm, real). However, the issue where Ed traveled to Australia didn't really do it for me. A lot of the plot lines fell flat. It just wasn't as interesting as previous volumes. With a series that's gone on as long as this one has, that's bound to happen. Some arcs are better than ot ...more
Kirsti
Daisy: "Who could that be, at Clannad hour?"

So fun. I think Daisy has the best arc here. There's also lots about Ed Gemmell, who has become a major character. And I hope we see more of Saffy and Neen. McGraw is a supporting character but so lovable.

Best putdown ever: "You're the most fascinating person I've ever met. But you're not very nice." (Response: "I could be nice!") "So that's why I am never getting back together with you."
Baker St Shelves
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Wasn’t into this as I had been with most of the others, though there are some good moments. In particular one involving a Christmas cult and a good scene with Ed traveling to Australia for his girlfriend. Other parts just didn’t have much weight to me or just left unfulfilled. All in all, this series is great but now I’m starting to see the weak spots and wonder what the end result will be.
Chris Talbot-Heindl
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Oof. Negative points for Esther dressing up for Halloween in a hyper sexualized kimono and mask as "sexy cultural appropriation" according to McGraw. YIKES. I hate getting into something for eleven volumes only to be blasted by some casual racism against one of my races. You hate to see it.

Some points won back by having an actual storyline not involving Esther for Ed.
Xanthe
How can everyone in this book be so RIDICULOUS and yet so emotionally competent at the same time? I don't know but I love it and love everyone. Note: this book is extra fat because it includes the special Christmas issue illustrated by John Allison where Ed Gemmell travels to Australia for some shenanigans. Nice.
Clint Patterson
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Giant Days Vol11 is back to being a dependable comfort read, with Max Sarin doing the art for all 4 issues. Charming side characters from past issues show up again for Daisy and Ed, promising new characters showed up for Esther and McGraw, and I loved the Halloween happenings for the main trio.

Read as individual issues (since the collected volume is still months away.)

Olivia
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
As in previous volumes, things are just happening as usual. I'm enjoying seeing the characters grow. I'm already dreading it being over soon.

One thing that sticks out is Esther's cultural appropriation Halloween costume. I mean, McGraw blatantly called it out as such so at least there's that but why do it at all? I guess suggesting she would do something like that?
Kazia
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, gn-comics
Hmm there's a totally unnecessary part where the trio dress up for Halloween and Esther dresses as a Geisha with a mask and the fact that it's cultural appropriation is made fun of in the text but it also goes nowhere, so it's just painful for no reason?? Otherwise this volume was just as delightful as the rest...
Kate
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
GIANT DAYS is entering its final stretch with Vol. 11. I've enjoyed these characters so much and will miss them when the series is over! Loved the special issue with Ed in Australia included in this volume - what a great bonus!
Liz
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really liked this volume, especially the Ed and Esther (Edster?) plotline. The "Valenbrine's Day" issue was my favorite; Susan and McGraw were super cute and Esther's romance with Richard Owen was ridiculous but I loved it anyway. Still hoping she and Ed are endgame!
Bunny
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-19
Oof. We had some Hermione/Ron, Willow/Xander BS in this one that I DID NOT care for.

That really put me in a foul mood and I'm not as happy to read the next volume when it comes out. Even though we moved past it quickly, it really taints an otherwise good story about the group growing up.
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series really does not loose steam for me. This was a particularly good collection, there were a few panels I laughed out loud at and one in particular I had to take a picture and send to my husband. Volume 11 was a strong one for me.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: But You Can't Hide
  • "Okay" (The Wicked + The Divine #9)
  • Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • Indoor Recess (Lumberjanes, Vol. 13)
  • Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: That Was Yesterday
  • Hilda and the Mountain King
  • Lumberjanes: The Infernal Compass
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Parents' Day (Lumberjanes, Vol. 10)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival
  • The Okay Witch
John Allison is the author and artist of the British webcomics Scary Go Round and Bad Machinery.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Giant Days (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days, #3)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 4 (Giant Days, #4)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days, #6)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)
  • Giant Days Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 9 (Giant Days #9)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 10  (Giant Days #10)