Start by marking “That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 3 (That Blue Sky Feeling, #3)” as Want to Read:
That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 3 (That Blue Sky Feeling, #3)

That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 3

(That Blue Sky Feeling #3)

"Happily ever after" isn't the same for everybody.

Self-discovery is not always awesome, as Noshiro, Ayumi and Makoto are all finding out the hard way. Even the self-assured Sanada seems to be struggling. The final volume of this complicated love story proves that hanging on to that blue sky feeling of youthful love is an elusive and unpredictable task.
Published October 8th 2019 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 3

Start your review of That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 3 (That Blue Sky Feeling, #3)
Flora⁷ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
me: *crying and shaking* i love this series a normal amount
Wiz
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series had all the feels, short and bitter sweet. Honestly teared up a bit. I really really hate ambiguous endings so that knocked out one star but other than that it was a fantastic read. I give the series overall a 4.8/5. I wish there was a epilogue that took place a little further in the future like maybe 2-3 years??
Julie
What a beautiful story about self discovery and growth. I was on the edge towards the end, because I didn't feel like there were enough pages to wrap it up, but it ended beautifully. It wasn't a definite answer or anything, it was more open, but that really suited the story. I like the way the author handled the characters and their relationships with each other, dealing with sexuality, and what it means to like somebody. It was all just so well done. And the story made me so fluttery. I really ...more
DonutKnow
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sherry is on hiatus for health (selfcare) reasons
I can't explain it but I felt so... uneasy while reading it. Hiro's role played a huge part in this but the overall atmosphere of the story's just awkward. ...more
Jillian -always aspiring-
I like the story and its themes, but man was it skeevy about Hide’s character. Besides that, I like how the characters by the end are still trying to figure things out because they are still growing up.
Prince_Of_Books
Feb 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
...I’m lowkey disappointed with this???

Like...the past two volumes were wonderful and cute. But...like 30 pages left of this final volume I was like “Huh??????”

...I mean it ended on a somewhat sweet note? But I feel like more could of happened? I give this book a 3 star, only cause it’s the last book of the series and I am really going to miss these characters and the complexities of the relationships they have.

Update: After thinking...yeah I changed my review to a 1 Star. Hahah...I’m sorry but
L. Luck
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
That Blue Sky Feeling is a refreshing look at being gay in Japan. Refreshing because it is more nuanced and less fetishizing than a lot that is out there.

Our story follows Noshiro, a guy who hates bullying and exclusion, and Sanada, a guy who has been bullied and excluded over rumors that he is gay. As Noshiro tries to mend the relationships Sanada has with his classmates, Sanada tells him that the rumors are true. Not to be deterred, Noshiro makes an effort to understand Sanada more and more,
Amber
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick talk about the art...

It's passable but god, it's rushed. Backgrounds are gone... Hide's digital striped sweater is an eyesore (at the end). I mean, not awful in comparison to other manga or anything, anatomy is fine... just boring to look at.

For all that build-up, that last chapter felt very disappointing. It both wanted to explore this relationship, and then immediately backed away. Is there a sequel? I love me some UST (and resolution) but something didn't hit right.

Either way, it's
TalviLinna
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Cute but somewhat anticlimactic ending to this m/m romance manga series. I wanted more build from their relationship than I got, but, aside from a few problematic elements, the series is sweet throughout.
Meepelous
The art overall was pretty strong, with only a few instances of the Sanada character looking very odd. I felt like it really matched the tone of the story overall.

Gender, as sadly usual, is a strictly binary affair. That said we do touch on either end of the binary and the representation of gay characters in Japan was very interesting.
Not historically a huge fan of BL, I am trying to dip my toes in whenever I come across something that interests me. I've certainly read more then enough slow real
Sesana
Nov 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This series was almost great. It felt realistic in a lot of ways, especially the incredibly slow burn relationship between Noshiro and Sanada. Some readers will be disappointed that Noshiro ends the series still figuring out the exact nature of his relationship with Sanada and his sexuality, but that's also realistic, and it's kind of nice to see a character questioning without angst. But the entire thing is all but spoiled by the character of Hide. This is a 26 year old man who dates teenagers ...more
Katie Greenwood
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad that this series is only three volumes long. I'd love to see what happens to Sanada and Noshiro after this series ended. They're such a cute couple of characters to follow. This final volume somewhat wrapped up in a way I had been expecting. I had thought there would've been a bit more of an emotional climax but I loved how sweet and wholesome it was.

It finished in a way that promised there was more to these characters journeys and we could decide what that was going to be.

Overall the
Dylan
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very cute end to this series. I really love how this series explores being gay, friendship, and first love. I would recommend it. There is an age gap romance element to it, but that didn't bother me. I don't see their relationship as creepy, it was more superficial than anything else. Give it a read! ...more
Roo
Aug 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020, queer, manga
The three volumes kind of blurred together for me, but I enjoyed it all the way through. The ending was a little frustrating but I do appreciate that it's a very kid-friendly manga for the most part, there's absolutely no sex or even kissing. (There's just the creepy pedophile!!! Why is he still here??) ...more
Kris Ritchie
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The end came too soon for this wonderful exploration of emerging feelings while navigating close, intense friendships.

Does it have a happy ending? Yes. Does it leave me wanting a future installment? Yes.

Dane CC
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer-romance
Aww Noshiro is such a pure precious baby! This was such a sweet ending to this slow burn tale of self-discovery, friendship, and love. I am absolutely going to reread this series in the future.

5/5. 100% do recommend.
Latoya Brower
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super cute!

This is such a sweet story. It's more of an intense romance going on so you'd have to have storyline going into their college years to see it progresses, but it's a sweet coming of age, slice of life story that is still enjoyable even without hot feverish kisses.
Ashley Collins
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this manga series was SO PURE and just completely warmed my heart UwU
Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, manga
Perfect ending to this series! I was grinning from ear to ear throughout the last chapter, made my little heart melt.
Jake
This was one of the best series to come out over the past year or so and I am honestly delighted and in love with it and it's conclusion! ...more
Jordan
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
such a cute conclusion to a coming of age story.
Patricia
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definitely a series I want to own one day!
ReadingFrog
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
1.75 stars.
Kristin Katsuye
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much love. Kinda wish there was more but ending was so perfect.
Lexi (Cubegirl97) Hoefer
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series I can’t wait to read more.
Anaika

• しまなみ誰そ彼 4 [Shimanami Tasogare 4]
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 3 [Shimanami Tasogare 3]
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 2 [Shimanami Tasogare 2]
  • 卒業生 - 冬 - [Sotsugyōsei - Fuyu -]
  • 青のフラッグ 2 [Ao no Flag 2] (Blue Flag, #2)
  • The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms
  • I Hear the Sunspot: Theory of Happiness
  • Our Dreams at Dusk: Shimanami Tasogare, Vol. 1 (しまなみ誰そ彼 Shimanami Tasogare, #1)
  • Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! 1
  • Blue Flag, Vol. 1
  • I Hear the Sunspot: Limit Volume 1
  • My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 1
  • 青のフラッグ 4 [Ao no Flag 4] (Blue Flag, #4)
  • 青のフラッグ 3 [Ao no Flag 3]
Name (in native language): おくら

Associated Names:
YellowParka

Blog: YellowParka BLOG

Pixiv: おくら

That Blue Sky Feeling (3 books)
  • That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 1