Start by marking “My Hero Academia, Vol. 21” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia, Vol. 21

My Hero Academia, Vol. 21

(My Hero Academia #21)

Midoriya inherits the superpower of the world’s greatest hero, but greatness won’t come easy.

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what
Published October 1st 2019 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero Academia, Vol. 21, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero Academia, Vol. 21

Start your review of My Hero Academia, Vol. 21
Petros
Sep 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, the manga is a joke at this point. It ran out of things to say and now desperately tries to keep you reading with nonsense, such as:
OOOOWWW who can the traitor be?
OOOOWWWW is Hawk a bad guy?
OOOWWWW is Deku going to unlock more powers from previous users of All For One?
OOOOWWWW is Dabi the son of Endeavor?
OOOOWWWW who controls the Nomu?
OOOOWWWW how does Shinzo’s quirk work?

As for the plot? More boring training and mock battles. Screw this…
Ben Truong
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
My Hero Academia, Vol. 21 continues where the previous tankobon left off and contains the next twelve chapters (189–200) of the on-going manga series.

The tankobon concludes the fight with Endeavor and Hawks vs. Nomus – individuals who had their bodies heavily modified to hold multiple Quirks and act as mindless soldiers of the League of Villains, which they eventually win without Endeavor nearly dying. In the aftermath of his battle with the High End Nomu, Endeavor is forced to confront the ways
Will Robinson Jr.
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Horikoshi softens Endeavor a bit. We are introduce to Hawks the superhero double agent. And it's Class A versus Class B. There was a lot to cover in this volume of this hit manga. I admit this volume had some pacing issues but Horikoshi's art and world building keep the book exciting. We learn a little more about Midoriya's powers and we get look at the world before All Might. Horikoshi has done a great job building up the mystique and charisma of our main antagonist All for One. I enjoy this ...more
Roy
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
This series has just lost my interest. I'll continue with the anime
luka
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hawks is on the cover. need i say more?????????

i couldn’t remember when i’d read this but i was able to find the date by searching for the plethora of photos i took on the day it arrived. i love hawks, and i love this volume. Please Read This Series, even if it’s not for hawks
Deanna
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
The next book needs to hurry and release in English.
Caroline
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m back to reading manga again and I just binged this series again. I left off right after the whole Nighteyes *thing* and needed time. Now I remember why I loved this series so much. It’s stylized well, has a growing cast of characters who are interesting but don’t detract from the mains, and continues to not make it easy for Izuku.
gabi
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SHINSO IS BACK! YAS! Wow. Things are happening.
Martina Fuchs
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shounen
SHINSOU, YOU'RE DOING AMAZING SWEETIE.
Courtney Rose
Claudia  Carpio Valdivia
(4.5/5)

Probably this volume has become one of my favorites so far.
Reading each of the chapters of this volume has been the most exciting, from the beginning to the end (without forgetting the last four chapters of the previous volume).

(view spoiler)
Chris Lemmerman
Endeavour and Hawks battle the Nomu, and then a new addition to the Hero Course gives the heroes a chance to stretch their legs in a new training session. Things are ticking along, not much to report yet. The Hawks reveal is interesting, whilst the 'mystery' around Dabi is absolutely transparent even if you're not looking for it, unless there's going to be a bait and switch later on.

I do like that Horikoshi keeps coming up with a) new and inventive quirks and b) new and inventive ways for the
Charlotte Hyden
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Endeavor is a widely disliked character, but I don't see this as an "Endeavor redemption arc." He's still a deeply flawed man and the manga isn't trying to rugsweep or excuse what he did. I think the family dynamic with the Todoroki's is realistic, with some children wanting to move on for the sake of ~faaamily~ while others will likely forever resent their dad.

Also, Shinso is finally getting what he deserves. I enjoyed this volume despite some of the action being hard to follow.
Mal Martin
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is definitely a good one. I still liked volume 20 better due to it having more action. However, this issue brings back a few characters you may have forgotten about. I didn't though because I liked this character a lot and I hoped they would return. This issue also has the conclusion for the fight with Endeavor. All I gotta say is Shoto was pretty savage!!!
Angel
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"if they knew the threat *redacted* posed...
...all four of them would've teamed up and crushed *redacted* right off the bat."
'because rising to the challenge...
...is *redacted*'s specialty.'

*insert bretman rock screaming "YAS" in a car video*
BRING ME MORE CONTENT OF ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS!!!
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of this volume is the end of the last one, so I still didn't like the characters.
But the second half is great! We get to see a lot of characters I wanted to see more of!!
Mainly Shinso
Timothy Pitkin
Nice ending to the fight with Endeavor and the Nomu and also just overall nice development of the Todoroki family and their relationship and seeing Endeavor understanding what All Might was going through. Also nice to see class 1B in action as we really get to see what most of them can do.
Calvinist Batman
#2 becomes #1 and it's quite a sight and battle. I was moved.
MrsNightRead
Back at it again! Time to play catch up
Delaney Felix
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was so fun!!! Loved highlighting some of the awesome side characters!
Amy DeRosa
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The rest of the Battle between Endeavor and the talking Nomu. Deku dreams of the pervious users of One for all. An overall great volume.
I'm excited to see more of Hitoshi Shinso who seemed to have been training with Eraserhead. I hope Shinso joins class 1-A. He was one of my favorite characters in the Sports festival arc.
Erica
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
My brain says “everyone deserves forgiveness” but my heart says “everyone EXCEPT FOR ENJI TODOROKI, ALSO KNOWN AS ENDEAVOR, deserves forgiveness” so in conclusion, I still hate Endeavor. \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Taven L
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its a great manga, It really is. Its probably one of the most best manga's Iv read {MOSTLY BECAUSE THIS THE ONLY MANGA IV READ}
Krista Koger
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait to see those fights in the anime. And wish the next volume came out sooner.
rieko
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is where Endeavor realizes what he has done to his family.
Cody
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
+1 for slurping.
Ana Gutierrez
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooo, character intrigue! Getting a bit more back story for Endeavor and new-ish character Hawks.
Isabella
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
endeavor is one of my most hated characters, but I'll give props to the guy: at least he's TRYING to change. (unlike fucking bakugoooo uuggghhhhhh)

plus: poetic irony HAHAAAAAA. let's just say that.
TinTin Kalaw
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm excited for the Class A vs Class B arc to be animated! But it looks like it will be at around Season 5 :))

• ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 6 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 6] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #6)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 5 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 5] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #5)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 4 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 4] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #4)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 3 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 3] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #3)
  • 鬼滅の刃 8 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 8] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #8)
  • 約束のネバーランド 12 [Yakusoku no Neverland 12]
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 2 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 2] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #2)
  • 鬼滅の刃 9 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 9] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #9)
  • 鬼滅の刃 2 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 2] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #2)
  • 鬼滅の刃 6 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 6] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #6)
  • 鬼滅の刃 7 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 7] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #7)
  • 鬼滅の刃 5 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 5] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #5)
  • 鬼滅の刃 3 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 3] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #3)
  • 鬼滅の刃 4 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 4] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #4)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 11 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 11] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #11)
  • ワンパンマン 17 [Wanpanman 17] (Onepunch-Man, #17)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア すまっしゅ 1 [Boku No Hero Academia Smash!! 1] (My Hero Academia Smash!!, #1)
HORIKOSHI Kouhei
Name (in native language): 堀越耕平
Associated Names:
Kouhei Horikoshi

Born 1986 in the prefecture Aichi, Horikoshi first attracted attention in the second half of 2006 when he entered Shueisha's 72th Tezuka Award for Newcomers with his one shot "Nukegara" and made it to the final six, where he gained himself an "Honorable Mention".
Various short stories in Shueisha's Akamaru JUMP followed

My Hero Academia (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 [Boku No Hero Academia 1] (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)