Start by marking “Poop” as Want to Read:
Poop

Poop

A funny picture book about the ever-popular word poop

Admit it: You love saying the word poop. It’s so much fun to say, much to your polite friend’s dismay. Poop. Poop. Poop. It’s all fun and games until you lose your triple-chocolate ice cream scoop and discover the true meaning of the word, and suddenly, it’s not so funny anymore. Or is it?

Published August 20th 2019 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Poop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poop

Start your review of Poop
Elisabeth
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poop is fun to say and fun to rhyme! I've read this out loud to a few of my poor co-workers and giggled every time. Poop.
Michal
Jan 21, 2020 added it
Shelves: picture-books
Poop.
Garrett
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: story-time
This is what I want in a story: relatability. I, too, go around pointing at things and going, "Poop" and also finding things that rhyme with other things.
MeganRuth - Alohamora Open a Book
Poop, who doesn't giggle a little when someone, especially a librarian or teacher, says that several times. This story is storytime pure gold. Funny, short, and there is an obvious focus. Poop is a simple book that focuses, in a silly way, on words that rhyme with poop. I paired this book with "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More."

Focus: Phonological Awareness, rhyming words.
Storytime: Toddler to 2nd grade
Gabrielle Stoller
I find this book so hilarious. Granted, you get to say "poop" a lot so I know it will be a huge hit with the storytime kids. However, why I marked it under "early literacy capabilities" is due to its rhyming nature. As children look at the illustrations of the book, they can pick up on other events taking place......evenings or actions that rhyme with the word "poop." For this reason, I will be using this book for my ECRTR sessions.
Paula
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The title alone gets anyones attention but not revealing anything about the topic of this picture book. It is a book about rhyming and there are a lot of words that rhyme with poop. A racoon yells out poop but when the reader turns the page it turns out it is not poop it is a coop with jacket and jeans wearing chickens. This repeats several times for “loop”, “hoop” “soup”, and “scoop”. A mouse is the character to correct the racoon and they both use speech bubbles which makes the text clear and ...more
Meg
Oct 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children
What is the point of this book? The rhymes aren't really original. I think the whole thing is attention-getting, but nothing beyond that. Would not read a second time, or add to a collection for kiddos. They might find it enjoyable, but children's publishing is too competitive anymore for this kind of thing. Unimpressed.
Juliana Lee
Racoon is obsessed with the word 'poop'. His friends all give him rhyming words instead, coop, loop, soup, scoop. When he gets a five scoop ice cream cone and it falls over, he again says 'poop'. Instead of giving him a rhyming word, his friend Mouse simply says 'yep'. And for those who really want poop, the little pug leaves a poop on the last page.
Jenn
This simple book has very little words. Raccoon and Mouse see a round object at the bottom of the page and Raccoon calls it "Poop". Then Mouse says "No, ..." and the object is something that rhymes. The end two pages are a funny "poop" although not every parent would probably appreciate it. It got giggles throughout our house.
Kristina Jean Lareau
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebook

A decent story but great illustrations.
Edward Sullivan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: performing-arts
Fun to say, fun to rhyme, sure to please.
Katelynne
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is funny with whimsical illustrations. Fabulous for beginning readers!!
Starbubbles
Aug 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
This was alright. It was just words rhyming with poop. The end was cute though.
Peacegal
Jul 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Ok, we all know it's just an excuse to say "poop" a lot, but the intended audience won't be complaining. Living with multiple pets, I don't even want to know how many times a day I say "poop!"
Ivan Deleon
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think the very impactful to the reader it explains how our society is eating us up, the rat race, the murder, seeing everyone as a smile and not important, its explain all about our society
Peyton
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a very simple story. I liked the illustration style. I think the title meant to catch people's interest, but the story fell flat. Not great.
Melissa
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I really like the illustrations.
Casey
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book itself is good. Pages are hard to turn though, making it challenging for storytime.
Maeve
So cute!
Allison
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, picture-books
Can you imagine inviting your storytime kids to say "Poop!" and then you read the next page? hahahahahaha!
Miss Sarah
A preschool and up book about two animals finding objects which one always indetifies as poop and the others says no and says the correct name which is close to poop. Word play
Lucy Carter
Honestly, my sister really wanted me to read this book, so I did. I would say that this book is eccentric, under some circumstances humorous, and filled with unsophisticated terminology. (Actually, there's hardly any terminology at all. The visual delineations are literally the fundamental structure of the plot itself!) In the book, there is a racoon that perpetually says the term "poop." His polite friend, a mouse, consistently shows him that not every object made up of matter has to be defined ...more
Y.Poston
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very creative rhyming book,
with gorgeous colorful images!
Ben Weber

• Can I Be Your Dog?
  • Pokko and the Drum
  • We Are Grateful: Otsaliheliga
  • Oak Leaf
  • Mini Rabbit Not Lost (Mini Rabbit)
  • Underwear!
  • The Knight Who Said "No!"
  • Ghost Cat