Start by marking “Vampires Don't Babysit (Vampire Mythicals #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampires Don't Babysit (Vampire Mythicals #1)

Vampires Don't Babysit

(Vampire Mythicals)

Surviving should have been enough. It wasn't.

Vampire Mythicals, Book 1

Jake Reynolds and his fellow vampires survived the slaughter of their master, Melios, at the hands of the Immortal Knights Templar.

Call it luck. Call it fate. Call it whatever the hell you want.

Jake just knows that he should have been dead—another pile of sooty ash on the ground. Now he must find his pla
Published March 21st 2019 by Flirtation Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Vampires Don't Babysit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampires Don't Babysit

Start your review of Vampires Don't Babysit (Vampire Mythicals #1)
Elizabeth McDaniel
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting and exciting read about different supernaturals including the Templar knights. Megan was a doctor and a shifter wolf. Jake was a vampire. She tried to resist their pull to each other. He was charged to protect a young girl but things weren’t as they seemed. Good read

Myst
Apr 05, 2020 added it
The Mythical Knights world by Candice Gilmer has always been enjoyable. This book is no different! Can not wait for more!

CarolKat
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Knight's Templar don't take prisoners, but for some reason these six vampires have been saved. Now they are awaking from the coma they've been in since their maker Melios was killed. They are 'young' vampires but they were once military and part of Melios' army.

Now they are starting to wake and it's time to see if they can live. They are being kept in a facility run by the Jackstone Foundation that helps humans who have been hurt by mysticals and help mysticals relocate or needing medical as
Caroline Doig
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and wow what a fantastic story I loved it. The Knights Templar all but killed 6 young vampires who are now in a coma now that their maker Melios is dead they shouldn’t be under his thrall anymore, the last 6 vampires were a part of Melios’s army and Megan who is a wolf shifter and doctor look after them in the Jackstone Foundation. When Jake and the other vampires wake chaos ensues and what’s this about a child Melios used as a pet she fed the vampi ...more
Kathryn
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast moving story that has an amazing plotline. I had a hard time putting this book down. This is an exciting and well written story. This has plenty of action, adventure, intrigue, danger, romance and passion. This is a fantastic read!!!

I am voluntarily leaving a honest, unbiased review.
Silke Kinney
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Becoming a vampire isn't a cake walk

Doing what your told, military orders or not; they need to be followed. Having a fight on there hands in nothing new, but now waking up in an all white room; was different. It seems only a handful survived. What's to happen next will either strengthen our divide them.
Melissa
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
A good start for a supernatural series about six vampires that had been in a coma and what happens now that they have awoken. I couldn't put it down and the mix of Megan, a werewolf, and Jake, a vampire, together was a good one.

Teresa
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced read

Awesome vampires. I love their dynamics between the team members. Jake is sexy as hell and Megan is kick ass. But don't forget Eve, not sure where my loyalties lie with her. I can't wait to read the next installment.
Barbara
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book one of the Vampire Mythicals series a well written paranormal romance story. I enjoyed reading and will be looking for the next book in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Heather Bane
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. I enjoyed the storyline and it held my interest throughout. The characters are well written and developed. I would recommend reading.

Marianne
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic paranormal romance! I really liked it! It is very unique and creative, exciting and interesting..

Lucinda
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great paranormal romance and I loved how it played out. The characters were great and the story had interesting twists and turns. I loved it and I would recommend it to others!

Lizzy Muller
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Not your typical vampire werewolf book

Not your typical vampire werewolf book. It did take me a little bit to get into reading it but I did enjoy it. I would recommend reading this book and I will start the next one
Sara Munoz
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written vampire story with great characters and a good story. I cannot wait to read more from this Author

Shawna Sears
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Vampires Don't Babysit wasn't quite what I expected. There was a smidge of babysitting involved, but mostly what pleasantly surprised me was how well the book balanced the serious with a bit of lighthearted humor. There was also a very strong thread of camaraderie. The book is written in first person perspective from multiple people.

Jake and his misfit band of ex-military vampires got a pretty raw deal with the whole 'immortal and all powerful' shtick they got fed. Definitely didn't end up being
Emily Pennington
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
“There is a moment, in every man’s life, where he must evaluate his choices.” This is not only true of those choices from the past, but the ones made going forward as well. Former Sergeant First Class Jake Reynolds had a lot to think about.

Alarms sounded, warning the Immortal Knights Templar of an incoming attack. They had previously slaughtered Master Melios and his vampires at Jackstone, but a few of the vampires had survived. The attack now was most likely to retrieve “The Kid”, a young fema
Sharon Tincher
S.l.
Feb 25, 2020
CJ
Jan 24, 2021

• Suck It Up, Buttercup (First Fangs Club, #2)
  • The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Shadowvale, #1)
  • Thunder (Desert Phantoms MC, #1)
  • Nate
  • Until Cece
  • Bound by Redemption (Ravage MC Bound #8)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Home Before Dark
  • Magick and Mischief (Warlocks MacGregor #7)
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
  • Cash (The Devil's Angels #5)
  • Voodoo (Royal Bastards MC: Ankeny IA)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Mercenary And His Outlaw (Twisted Iron MC, #1)
  • Reaper's Salvation: A Last Riders Trilogy
  • Sin & Chocolate (Demigods of San Francisco #1)
USA Today and NY Times bestselling author Candice Gilmer leads a dangerous double life as a mommy and a writer. In between boo-boo healing and fixing broken toys, she writes stories usually to the tune of children's television shows.

Growing up in the Midwest, Candice stays close to her family, especially the ones with basements when the tornadoes come around.

All in all, she stays very busy, but

News & Interviews