Start by marking “Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)

Kill Switch

(Devil's Night #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  10,005 ratings  ·  1,530 reviews
"I've done far worse than what I went to prison for. She has no idea how bad this can get."

WINTER

Sending him to prison was the worst thing I could've done. It didn't matter that he did the crime or that I wished he was dead. Perhaps I thought I'd have time to disappear before he got out or he'd cool off in jail and be anything but the horror he was.

But I was wrong. Three
Published February 9th 2019 by Penelope Douglas LLC

To ask other readers questions about Kill Switch, please sign up.
Tajmasha I don´t want Will to end up with Alex.His history with his past love who rejected him seems more interesting.
Ana He slept with her while being underage to get back at her father and recorded it, so now I guess he partly blames her for being in prison. That is why…moreHe slept with her while being underage to get back at her father and recorded it, so now I guess he partly blames her for being in prison. That is why he was accused of statutory rape :) I can't wait for his story!!(less)

·  10,005 ratings  ·  1,530 reviews

Start your review of Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)
Penelope Douglas
Jul 19, 2016 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)

NOW LIVE!!
"Six years ago, his little girl and I changed each other, and while I couldn’t change her back, I could certainly give her some new memories of me. Now that… I could do."

Amazon US---> https://amzn.to/2SmngfE
Amazon UK---> https://amzn.to/2GARbti
Amazon AUS---> https://amzn.to/2MWYxbP
Amazon CA---> https://amzn.to/2E2Isyk
Add it on Goodreads---> https://bit.ly/2Q5oczY

*It is recommended to read Corrupt (Devil's Night #1) and Hideaway (Devil's Night #2) prior to reading this book. Both are no
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Feb 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
description

SOAPBOX... I am seriously at a loss for words right now. I pride myself on always being honest in my reviews regardless of whether it is an ARC or a book I pay for. It is awfully hard to write an honest review if you can't tell people what things didn't work for you. I included two "small" spoilers in my review for this book. I say small because the first one the reader finds out at the very beginning of the book. <--- what makes this even MORE ridiculous. I JUST found out that you can download
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳The dark side of Penelope Douglas has arising in this shocking "romance" of a novel, that will have you questioning your sanity...

➳Let me start this off by saying, I am a true fan of Penelope's writing and the beauty and magic she has with them by moving the mind of the reader to a whole new world. And that's why I always read her novels, I never back down from signing up for her novels or anything that she promotes. She has earned that respect from me and the admiration is there as well. I
• Jodi Bibliophile •
May 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
IT'S LIVE!!!! GO AND GET DAMON NOW!!!!!
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Kill Switch is my favorite book of 2019! Damon Torrance is a character that I went from absolutely loathing to loving with all my heart over the course of three books. The author deserves some kind of award for the way she changed my mind about his character and the depth of which she made me feel for him.

I'm telling you guys! Penelope Douglas knocked it out of the park with this one! It was everything! I have no words to fully express how much I adore this book, these characters, and this seri
melissa ☽
reread (july 2020)4 stars

anybody else attracted to villains because

description

and im not talking about those bad boy wannabes who smokes cigarettes or has tattoos and sleeps around, but actual villains who are- how do i say this lightly.. ✨fucked up✨

TW (spoilers): sexual abuse from H's mother when he was 11-15 (there are 2 flashback scenes of this), suicidal thoughts, self-harm.

Damon Torrance (H)
"I need her to hurt me, because pain covers up pain, and if I feel one, I won’t feel the other."

the
B.B. Reid
I loved Damon as a villain, but I'm obsessed with him as a hero. The complexity of Damon and all the intrigue he offered is why he will forever be my favorite antihero.
alana ♡
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"He made himself the cure, which wouldn't have been necessary if he hadn't also created the disease."

Hi, I'm Alana, and I am hopelessly in love with Damon Torrance.
10/10 would let him ruin my life.

You know the feeling you get when one of your most anticipated reads of the year is even BETTER than you imagined, and now that you've finished the book you're just in this withdrawal period where you are trying to figure out what the hell you just read while simultaneously wishing you could reread it
chan ☆
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
only penelope douglas could make me go from absolutely loathing a character to absolutely loving him in the span of 3 books.

this book is definitely not for the faint of heart. damon and winter both have tough pasts but there was so much beauty in their relationship. i think for me this book did a fantastic job at splicing in flashbacks with the present day to get me to care so much for these characters.

and i think the reason for their enemies to lovers relationship made the most sense out of a
Samantha Young
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I savoured this one because I didn't want it to end. I've always admired Penelope Douglas' ability to make me root for an anti-hero, but I'm blown away by Damon. He's the ultimate anti-hero but somehow I found myself rooting for him after everything he's gone through. I never forgot his previous crimes, and I don't think Penelope Douglas expects the reader to. I imagine we're supposed to hope for his own version of an HEA in spite of them, and I certainly did. This is dark romance at its absolut ...more
Wendy

Watch out people...."The Horsemen" are back !!

Ever since I've read the first book "Corrupt", I have been intrigued by Damon's character. I wanted to get a good look inside his head and see what the hell was going on. Out of all the Horsemen...he is definitely the most intriguing one, at least to me he is. For me...Michael is the stoic leader, Kai is the voice of reason and Will is fun and flirty one (though those are usually the most dangerous ones) and Damon...he was always the dark and insane
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Kill-Switch

The last book in the series is coming out soon, so I felt like listening to this audio again, because when I first heard it, I didn't appreciate it enough (hey hey, relax - I had my midterm exam's!!!! 😂)

This is the third book in the Devils Night Series - and although every book is about a different character, you have to read them in order... because the previous books felt like a grand introduction for this book! 💣💣💣

📚 “𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝑰’𝒅 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒔 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕
EmBibliophile
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

That was such a messed up scary book that made me question my sanity. It’s not like I expected anything less from Penelope Douglas, her books are so addictive and always mess up with my mind. Damon’s story was really exceptional, it might be my favorite in this series so far. It gave me a huge adrenaline rush.

Damon is the most emotionally dark person in the whole series. He is the devil
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Rereading the series July 2020 to prepare for Nightfall!

***

It’s LIVE EARLY!!! ➜ https://amzn.to/2I5xYCr

Ooooh my. Holy moly. I don't know how Penelope Douglas did it, but she made me fall for Damon's psycho ass. But I'll admit, I have an even bigger crush on Winter. I loved Kill Switch. I had no idea what to expect with Damon and his book, but PD has blown me away. I don't know how she does it every time, but she makes the most unlikable of heroes just so... terrifyingly lovable. Or lovingly terr
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 STARS <3

What a ride, I devoured it!Kill Switch was captivating,addictive,passionate,brilliant and hot!I was so anxious and at the same time fascinated to see what will happen!

Damon is an interesting and complex character, I was waiting for his book!He is dangerous,dark but he is also so much more!I don't want to give anything away, but I'm going to say I loved him so much!Winter was fantastic, one of the best heroines!I liked her she was strong!

Overall it was a fantastic read, I didn't expe
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 5 'World within a World' Hearts! <3

description

Kill Switch is a paradigm of Penelope Douglas’ mesmerizing writing style that unceasingly and mercilessly deconstructs the dichotomous boundaries of love and hate, passion and pain, revenge and forgiveness until they coalesce into a single, potent entity that is unpredictable and shocking, yet unequivocally exhilarating in its delivery.

Ms. Douglas is masterful at unraveling the darker depths of her characters, making no apologies for affixing them with
Bee
5 STARS

I’d changed her forever. I’d bent and twisted and broken everything that made her the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me.

I cannot put into words how much I loved this book. I can't stop thinking about this story. About Damon, Winter and their perfectly imperfect love journey. I cannot stop thinking about any of it, y'all!

"I didn’t want to change you. I just wanted to be a part of it all. Of everything beautiful you were going to do.”

I'm still reeling from how deeply thi
~♡AB♡~
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I am so relieved to say that this book lived up to the hype! After being slightly underwhelmed with Kai's book due to the fact that it focused a lot on Damon, I will admit that it most definitely was 100% necessary, as there was a lot of info that lead up to this culmination. Damon turned out to be an anti-hero that redeemed himself, a feat that I really didn't think would happen. Guys, he made me cry!

After doing many bad things to his closest friends, including almost killing his best frie
Chelsea Humphrey
I'm in a reading funk, so I'll put this on hold until I'm in the mood, rather than pushing through because of FOMO.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Gah! Where do I start? Kill Switch was absolutely outstanding and everything we have been waiting for and more. The author said it perfectly when she said that this story was like a saga because that is exactly what it was. I could not have loved this story any more if I tried.  It was sexy, suspenseful, sensual and erotic and full of mindeffs that I never saw coming. It was absolutely brilliant!

Without giving anything away (and being obnoxiously vague here) this story is best read after Corrupt
Bhavya Marya
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
Penelope Douglas should take classes on how to write the perfect anti-hero. Because that's exactly how I would describe Damon.

“He made himself the cure, which wouldn’t have been necessary if he hadn’t also created the disease.”

Damn, this was a good book. It was long but it was worth reading. I mean the way she turned around Damon is just amazing. I went from loathing him to absolutely loving him in a span of three books. And I thought that might've been impossible.
And the way this author cre
Bookadmirer
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Jessica
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this book. Damon was such a villain in the first two books of this series and I couldn't wait to see how Penelope would make us actually like him to read a [huge] book of his own!

Three years ago Winter sent him to prison. Now he's back. And this time, he's not letting her get away that easily.

I will say, I knew this was going to be a super long book and it definitely felt like it while I was reading it. It took more forever to get through this boo
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Red’s My favorite Color CROWNS

I feel like I should start this review by saying this isn’t your typical romance. This isn’t boy meets girl, they fall in love, some conflict occurs that separates them for a short time, and then some grand gesture brings them back together.

This is a romance based on secrets and half truths. It’s a romance that centers on revenge and hate. As we all know love and hate are such closely related and passionate emotions, and Penelope D
shirley ♡
“If I ever thought I couldn’t do something with her, then I wasn’t doing it at all. “Your place is at my side,” I told her. “Say it.” She whispered, “My place is at your side.” “Louder.” I shook her gently, but my tone was firm. “My woman doesn’t ask permission. She’s a force. Say it louder.” Her chin started to tremble, but her voice burst out strong. “My place is at your side.” And I kissed her, making sure she fucking believed it. She was always wanted.”

Rereadx2

This is my secon
Lianne
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!! ✨✨

"𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡, 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣"

This is not a review and this 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗘. Please save your time and scroll down.

I finally know what the fuss is all about! Damon is sexy as hell and I hate him but not really? He is the real deal sis. He stole the show. He's super bad and we all know we should still be hatin on him for what he did but he's kinda hot and he got his reasons so. (not an excuse btw). Rollercoaster emotion sis. I devoured this.
alluring B ❄︎
Reread rating: 4.5 ⭐️
Original rating: 4 ⭐️

I’m not surprised that I enjoyed this more the second time and I think that’s bcs I knew what to expect and I also read all the ‘past’ chapters first then resumed with the ‘present’ chapters—it prevented me from getting bored/drained with the suspenseful writing. So that’s a tip from mua .

Damon was my first ever dark hero I fell in love with. I really appreciated that PD made sure damon’s character was fully aware of how messed up he was and that he felt
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone Book 3 of 4 from Devil’s Night series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Damon Torrance lost three years of his life that he would never regain. Now with freedom, it was time for him to collect what he was owed. Winter Ashby thought she was safe when he was gone. But his return would made what she endured years before looked like a child’s play.

But instead of hurting myself to mask pain with more pain, tonight I learned something else. Hurting other
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Killswitch brought out of the devil in one of the most hated and redeemable characters that Penelope Douglas has ever written. We were fearful and quite frankly treading on thin ice with the very unpredictable Damon Torrance and we had no choice but to wait with bated breaths to see what he going to do. Will he start a fire in his wake of destruction or will that small part of him that is capable of compassion surprise us?

I think it’s safe to say that everyone was waiting for this book and
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Feb 26, 2019 marked it as author-i-won-t-read
As if I needed another reason to NOT read anything by this author. Forcing reviewers to censor their reviews and thoughts and push them to only give positive 4-5 star reviews is just the latest. Blasting negative reviews and reviewers on her FB page in order to start an uprising to have those reviews removed still takes the cake.

Funny how her first book was called Bully and here she is bullying people....guess you write what you know.

Trolls don’t bother commenting....

• Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Ruthless Empire (Royal Elite, #6)
  • Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2)
  • Tempting Devil (Sinners and Saints, #2)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her books have been translated into fifteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, Birthday Girl, and Credence,. Please look for Tryst Six Venom and Motel, as well as the Hellbent series, coming next.

She lives in Las Vegas with her

Devil's Night (4 books)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)
  • Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)

Articles featuring this book

Everywhere we look, fictional characters are finding their second chance at love. High school sweethearts are reuniting, one-night stands are...
“Our life is a series of plans,” she finally said. “Days, weeks, months, years… And then, there are moments. Moments you don’t see coming and you don’t plan, but everything you need, all the things you want to feel, are in that moment.” 22 likes
“the beauty in life is what we live for, and it’s everywhere. You just have to look closer.” 11 likes