Start by marking “Sacrifice (Corrupt Empire #2)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice (Corrupt Empire #2)

Sacrifice

(Corrupt Empire #2)

Him
I wanted to take them all down.
I had everything under control.
Then she walked into my life.
And turned my world completely upside down.
She changed me.
She was my light in the darkness.
I was her avenging angel.
Until I ruined everything.

Her
I wanted to be his everything.
The one who took me.
He showed me their darkest secrets.
He taught me their twisted ways.
I fell for him and
Kindle Edition
Published April 17th 2019 by Twisted Tree Publications

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Start your review of Sacrifice (Corrupt Empire #2)
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Apr 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-books, dark
Like your romances a little dark? Dive into Sacrifice today!
Find out what Aiden & Avery's twisted tale has in store for you.

Amazon: mybook.to/sacrifice
Audible: https://adbl.co/2DB3NS9
iTunes: https://apple.co/3b3OUEn

Denise H
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy WOW…this series is nerve-wracking, exciting and explosive!

This dark romance continues from the jaw-dropping cliff hanger in book one with the aftermath of the consequences and the next step of Aiden’s revenge; however, everything does not go according to plan. From the devastation wrought in book one, Betrayal, between Aiden and Avery emotions escalate and the intensity of their situation compounds the dangers that await them both, together and separately, in this continuation of the three
KReader
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terrific book 2 and there are still many twists and turns

This book is another dark and steamy roller coaster. Avery and Aiden are such deep characters. This is their book 2 and there are still many twists and turns. This does end on a cliff hanger but boy is it worth the read! I cannot wait for the next book!!

Rebecca Hefner
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness, Batman! I was SO excited to reunite with Avery and Aiden in Book 2 of this fantastic series. Sacrifice opens with our two star-crossed lovers admitting their feelings to themselves but not sure how to evolve into any kind of meaningful relationship. Seeing them navigate their way toward being able to express their love to each other was awesome. Once they give in to their feelings, they unite to try and take down the rest of the awful empire Avery's family built. Seeing them work t ...more
Petra Dattner
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting & a must read!

OMG!! So many twists and turns that you are almost afraid to find out what happens next yet at the same time you find it almost impossible not to continue so you CAN find out what does happen. Hot and steamy too.
Chrissy Brown
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So it took me longer to read this book than I thought, by no fault of the author. Life kept happening. BUT once I was able to devote a course let night’s to it I was hooked. I hated having to go to sleep because I just wanted to keep reading it!
Matthew Burroughs
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sacrifice by Sarah Bailey is the second selection in the Corrupt Empire Series, a chilling dark romance set around the unspeakable evil of an international corporation, and those that strive to bring it to its knees. In the first book, Betrayal, the dark elements came strongest from the relationship between the main characters. I'll keep it brief: Aiden was an enforcer for the Mitchell Holdings company who, with good reason, is looking for any chance to destroy the corporation. After murdering t ...more
S.R. Severn
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sacrifice continues Avery and Aiden's story, throws them straight back into the events from Betrayal and proceeds to see their relationship reach the next level - an actual relationship.
It was glorious to see them together, acting as a team, seeing them bloom and find common ground. Not only do we see the real life fears that I'm sure most of us can relate to when falling in love, but we also see what those fears do to both Aiden and Avery, how it impacts their decisions and the consequences bo
Jen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that the book blurb caught my attention and i did not realize that this is book two in the series. This is not a standalone, book one needs to be read first as I have now learned that book one leaves off on a cliffhanger ending and this one picks up the story right where it left off. That being said I was patiently reading and trying to figure out what in the world I have taken on and got myself into. I may not have gotten a complete grasp of what book one may have thoroughly exp ...more
Misty Schott
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sacrifices, there will be many!!!

First, this is book two in this series. Please be sure to read Betrayal before reading this book or you will be lost. Second, be ready for one h*ll of a wtf cliffhanger that will lead in to book three, Revenge.

This book is dark, twisted and oh so deliciously wicked and I loved it. This series is awesome so far and I am so looking forward to reading Revenge next. This book picks up right where book one left off and after all the lies, deceit and betrayals between
Anne Harris
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOOOHOOOOO lOVED IT. MY HEART SCREAMED ON THE LAST PAGE WITH JOY!!!!
When will this nightmare end.
When would they put a stop to the nightmares of Avery's mother and fathers past???
Would Avery and Aiden become one against the past or would it break them apart?? Could they be each other rock??
This is a outstanding second book in the series and it left me wanting more so much more but the ending of this book made my heart sing with joy.
And left me hoping the plan would go as planned
I CAN NOT wait
CS
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 Stars!!

I’ll start off with saying that I hate cliffys and this one ended in one that was filled with anticipation! I wanted to read book2 knowing that it wasn’t going to end nice and tidy, and boy I was right.
Awful but wonderful cliffy aside, this was a well written contemporary romance filled with twists, turns, and betrayal to the degree that only immense wealth can create! I loved the cat and mouse feel to it and the way the author finally has them working as a team and the suspense of
Michelle
{Deep breath}

What a wild, emotional ride! I love Ms. Bailey's first book in the Corrupt Empire series, Betrayal. Well, let me tell you, Sarah did not disappoint in Sacrifice. Once again, I had every emotion and at the end, I may have even yelled, "YES!" Such an incredibly enjoyable and intense read with a couple of sweet moments. I love Aiden and Avery a ton and I CANNOT wait to read Revenge!!!

A warning for my friends: this is a dark romance with descriptive sex scenes that may make you uneasy.
Sharon
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how this story is told from the 2 POVs of the main characters which allows for a more rounded story. This book continues from book 1 and I advise everyone to read Betrayal prior to reading this otherwise you might not understand exactly what is going on and the history of the main characters. There is a lot of drama, emotion and romance in this second installment and I am eagerly awaiting the third installment.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Cindy Mahoney
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great way to ratchet up the tension....and heat!

Sarah,I absolutely am loving this series and can not believe it is your first venture into the dark side and I hope will not be your last! The animal attraction between Aiden and Avery persists and the heat is palpable. The storyline by nature is intense and you are quite adept at building and maintaining the tension and suspense.We are left reeling again with the WTF cliff and I am so thankfull that book 3 is at the ready! I'm off to see about tha
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sacrifice is the second book in the Corrupt Empire and pick up right were betrayal left us. This book is as dark with a lot of twist as the first one. Aiden and Avery try to be together despited all the betrayal and lies that had occured between them. Cant wait to read the last book in this serie, Revenge. Totally recommand this great serie.

Sandra
Shelves: arc
This is the 2nd book of a serie of 3 and you have to read book one to understand what is happening.
I just love all the twists in the story, trying to figure out who is thr bad guy in the story and if A. and A. will end together.
It has plenty of drama, suspense, surprises and the chemestry between Avery and Ainden is just behond the charts.
Can not wait to read the last book.

Sille
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Corrupt Empire series. You should definitely read book 1, Betrayal, because that one ends in a cliffhanger that leads into this one. This is the continuation of Aiden, and Avery's story that has been a very bumpy ride. This book is Dark, and Emotional, full of twist, turns, secrets, and lies. Great book, great characters, great story. This is a must read! 4.5 stars

Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful addition to the story! It is filled with twists and turns with some you don't quite see coming. Aiden and Avery will have you sitting on the edge of your seats with the emotional drama in this story!

Tammy
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and I do recommend reading them in order and note, this read does end on a cliffhanger. This is a dark read with loads of drama and suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The characters are amazing with lots of depth and steamy chemistry. I am looking forward to finding out what is in store Aiden and Avery next. I loved it!
Elvira
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second installment and I can say WOW the lies, betrayal, drama and suspense continues in the book. Aiden and Avery continue to evolve in this installment but will they survive this before they are completely devoured in all the drama.

Deb
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drama and suspense follows our favorite characters from the first book into this second book in the series which further explores the fight for revenge. He's not ready to let her go and she's not giving up without a fight. Secrets are further revealed and I found myself unable to put this book down. I'm so ready for book 3. I can't wait to see just what is going to happen.
Ashley
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Omg!!! These endings kill me. I've never been hooked on a book so bad in my life. I definitely cant wait until the next one

Sammie
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. So cannot wait to see how the story progresses next.
Debbie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I should probably start at the beginning but OH WOW what an ending !!!! 😳😳😳 this series just keeps getting better and better, talk about edge of your seat!
Straight onto book 3 😁
Cindi Russell
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this second book in the series. The first one was slower to grab me, but this one jumps right in. I'm already starting the third book.
Nikki Rome
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read!

Yet another amazing read by Sarah Bailey. This series is to die for! I just can’t get enough. With the major cliffhanger in book 1 the story in book 2 picks up right where you want it. Avery and Aiden twist and turn through the struggles of a new relationship combined with all the drama you come to learn early on.

You learn more about Aiden and his drive to protect what is his, and Avery, without a doubt is his. This is a story that makes you swoon and one you won’t forget.

Definitel
Amanda Lamb
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No joke I wished Sarah would stop leaving these books on cliff hangers! I can't deal! Going on to revenge now and I can't wait. You can't help but compare these to 50 shades of grey. But this is by far better. It has a better plot to it and although there's a lot of sex I think it doesn't get too much unlike 50 shades! Must dash. Off to read the next one!
Lynn Stifle
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sacrifice is the second book in the Corrupt Empire series and picks up right where the last book left off. Aiden continues with his revenge, but not all goes as planned. I loved seeing Aiden and Avery working together as a team. There’s so many mysteries and secrets in this book, gah!! This is another mind blowing story in this story and I highly recommend it.

• Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Owned by Him
  • Broken Hope (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • The Devil's Plaything
  • Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)
  • Dark (The Boyne Club, #1)
  • Married to the Don (Kornilov Bratva Duet, #1)
  • Kostya (Heirs to the Bratva Empire, #1)
  • Tease Me (Dark Odyssey, #1)
  • With This Secret
  • The Santiago Trilogy (The Santiago Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Maksim (Heirs to the Bratva Empire, #2)
  • A Deadly Obsession (The Obsessed Duet, #1)
  • Beauty and the Thorns (Beauty and the Rose, #2)
  • Deadly Obsession: A Mafia Romance (The Obsession Duet Book 2)
  • Taunt Me (Dark Odyssey, #2)
  • The Debt (Mafia Vows, #1)
Sarah writes dark, contemporary, reverse harem, erotic and paranormal romances. She adores all forms of steamy romance and can always be found with a book or ten on her Kindle. She loves anti-heroes, alpha males and flawed characters with a little bit of darkness lurking within. Her writing buddies nicknamed her 'The Queen of Steam' for her pulse racing sex scenes which will leave you a little hot ...more

Corrupt Empire (3 books)
  • Betrayal (Corrupt Empire #1)
  • Revenge (Corrupt Empire #3)

News & Interviews