Start by marking “The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)

The Sky Weaver

(Iskari #3)

Lavish, romantic and magical, The Sky Weaver is a new standalone story set in the world of The Last Namsara - one that fans of Leigh Bardugo, Holly Black and Laini Taylor will flock to. . .

At the end of one world, there always lies another.

Safire, a soldier, knows her role in this world is to serve the King of Firgaard-helping to maintain the peace in her oft-troubled nati
Published November 14th 2019 by Gollancz (first published November 12th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Sky Weaver, please sign up.
Mi Universo Literario Writer Indeed! It's not a must and maaaaybe you'll get through the book without having read the previous books, but I truly do recommend reading the series i…moreIndeed! It's not a must and maaaaybe you'll get through the book without having read the previous books, but I truly do recommend reading the series in order, both for better understandment and to enjoy it more!(less)
Mi Universo Literario Writer Yes. "The Sky Weaver" is the third and final installment in the "Iskari" series.

Start your review of The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
Peter
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enchanted
The Sky Weaver is a spellbinding fantasy adventure, in a world that is animated with beautiful writing and clever plotting. Across multiple vividly portrayed landscapes, the wonderful array of characters bring this world of myths, Gods, pirates and dragons to life. The characters are well layered with diverse capabilities and personalities, some new to this novel and others as they take on the next stage of their journey in the trilogy. The two main characters, Safire and Eris, each nar
elena
Aug 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
SHE HAS BEEN PICKED UP

now to find a free day to read 😪
Kristen Ciccarelli
Sep 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hello there! Just popping in to say that the international pre-order campaign for THE SKY WEAVER is officially open! Readers who send me their proof of purchase will get this exclusive card pack, designed and illustrated by Gabriella Bujdosó, while supplies last. Head on over to my website for more details.

I’m never on Goodreads except to update things, so if you have questions, the best place to contact me is on Instagram. I check all DMs and my handle is @kristenciccarelli. Alternatively, you
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance

From the stronghold of Firgaard, through the Rift Mountains, and the desert Sand Sea back to the Scrublands and beyond, the Iskari series has taken place all over the map. If on foot, by horse or via dragons, it has been an amazing adventure full of lore, vivid settings, amazing characters, and gorgeous writing. There is only one way left to travel now, and that is via sea vessel where the last book of the Iskari series takes us out onto the Silver Sea, beyond the horizon to the Star Is
Silvia
hi I heard this has f/f enemies to lovers so I'm off to read the first two books before this comes out, brb
Stella ☆Paper Wings☆
This is undoubtedly my favorite book in the series, and I think I can officially put this series among my favorite series. It got off to a bit of a rocky start, but as a whole, I'm actually amazed at how each companion manages to connect perfectly with the others while maintaining 3 independent plot arcs, each focusing on a different aspect of this rich fictional mythology. Even if you didn't like the first book, this is one of those few series where I would actually recommend you try both the s ...more
Lulai
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
-- I received this book through NetGalley against an honest review. --

I love this series and I was eager to read this last volume, I was lucky to have it in advance and it is really good.

This last volume focuses on Safire, commander of Dax's armies, she had to fight all her life. First against exclusion because of her status of semi-blood and then against the men who regularly targeted her. She is a strong character because of her career and I liked that she is the heroine of this last volume. S
Sophie
“But you—you are a daughter of stars and shadows. You will not fail.”

oh what's this? all my love for this book and its characters? absolutely! know that i would die for safire and eris and asha and sorrow in a heartbeat
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

Thank you so much to Wunderkind PR for sending me THE SKY WEAVER to read and review! All thoughts and opinions are my own.

If I thought my emotions were all over the place after The Last Namsara and The Caged Queen then that was nothing compared to all the feels that The Sky Weaver has given me. The Sky Weaver had been hooked from page one and I stayed up way past my bed time to finish it. It is very rare that I can read a book in one sittin
CeliaMcMahonReads CeliaMcMahonReads
It has a cover and it’s delicious!
Evelyn
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series is so good! Sad that it's over, and can't wait to see what she writes next!

Full review!
Bruna  ♛
✯ [3.75/5] ✯

This was by far the best in this trilogy, in my opinion. But still I think the writing style isn't for me, because I like things happening in a more slow passing. What I enjoyed a lot in this one was the main characters, I felt a connection to them!

What I liked:
- The romace was super cute (enemies-to-lovers and f/f)
- We had more dragons in this one than in the second book
- The plot was really intriguing
- Safire is such an amazing character
- The Gods history was a nice touch

What I did
Aly
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! I am so glad I read this, after the second book I wasn't sure about continuing, but this went back to the formula of the first book and it paid off. For me, the stories between chapters are what make me love it. The Sky Weaver and Shadow God "Crow" had an amazing story that sucked me in! This book also had more dragons than the previous one so bonus points there.
Safire and Eris were great characters. They were interesting and had good chemistry. Both have traumatic pasts but ha
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 The Last Namsara: ★★★☆☆ | 3 stars
#2 The Caged Queen: ★★☆☆☆ | 2 stars

4 stars!

The Sky Weaver was an improvement over the last book! The characters and plot were more developed and there was more action and tension to make things interesting. Eris and Safire were lovely characters to follow as they narrated the story and the slow build of their relationship was super sweet to read.

The writing and plot continued to be really easy to get into and follow. Nothing too overtly complicated happene
Bethany
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

The final installment in the Iskari Chronicles, The Sky Weaver nicely pulls together threads from the previous two books, while also containing a great f/f enemies to lovers romance! I might recommend this to fans of the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas- a political fantasy with a strong romantic element. I really enjoyed this one and would love to see it on more people's radar. Safire and Eris are great characters and the development of their relationship is well-d
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
WHAT A WAY TO END THE SERIES.

I loved this so much. It's f/f, it's action-packed, it's filled with dragons and otherworldly magic, and all my favourites are back to save the day. It was an adventure from start to finish and I had a stupidly huge grin on my face (in the middle of a cafe) as I turned the last page. Props to Kristen Ciccarelli for writing one of the best companion trilogies I've ever read.

Read my full review here: https://readingthroughinfinity.com/20...

James
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sky Weaver by Kristen Ciccarelli (AT LEAST 5 stars)

I think I make it pretty clear in my review, but I’m adding this just in case. There’s a f/f romance between the two main characters of this story. It’s slow burn enemies to lovers and I loved it.

I’m so sad that this series has ended, but this book was a great ending. It’s sort of Safire’s book, but it’s also so much more than that. It’s a story about pirates, thieves, gods and dragons. I’d also say it’s a story of belonging and surviving.
K.S. Marsden
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Safire is totally focussed on her job, protecting the Dragon King, and doing her part to save the country from starvation. Things are made more difficult when an annoying thief steals the jewel that was going to fund feeding a nation.

I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I confess that I have read the first book in the series, but haven't got round to the second yet (which follows Dax's story). Knowing Asha's story from The Last Namsara, it was easy to slip back
Pooja (Penningtales)
While I love the first two books, this is my least favourite of the series.
Kristen Ciccarelli’s writing is beautiful to read and she’s very clever with her storytelling. She tells very character driven stories.
I liked Safire in the previous books and I was intrigued to see more of her. Eris was a mystery aside from being a pirate henchwowan, but I liked how there was a payoff. Though I liked them both as individuals, I was indifferent to their romance. I found it lacking since I couldn’t feel a
These Violent Delights (Robin)
Well, this was a really great end to this companion trilogy. I enjoyed our "new" main characters. I've always enjoyed Safire from the previous books, so it was great to get her point of view.

I do have to admit that Asha, Torwin, & Kozu were my favorites still. I absolutely adore Asha, and I always will.

I liked how I didn't guess the major reveals until just before they were revealed. I enjoyed how this book kept things interesting, but still believable (not outrageous).

The romance (of course t
Meaghan
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
This was such a good story to end the trilogy on!

I already really liked Safire from the previous two books, and I was really glad to see that this story was hers! While she stumbled a lot for me in the story, it ended up making me like her more. While she did hold on to her ideals a little longer than I expected, she did question them for most of the book, and I liked that. I also like where the story ended up taking her, in terms of her dreams and wishes and the fact (view spoiler)
Tilly
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing ending to the series! I loved series from start to finish and hope there are some spin off books or even novellas.
This storyline was quite different to what I was expecting but it was SO imaginative and I really enjoyed it. Eris was a brilliant character and although I had an idea, I didn't guess the twist because I was enjoying it way too much to even try! Safire has been a favourite throughout the series so I loved that she was a elad character with Eris.
I adored the
Madison
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
And so concludes the Iskari series. I have loved this fantasy series. Three stories which interconnect but feature three sets of separate main characters set against a colourful magical world of dragons, old tales and fearsome gods.

The Sky Weaver is Safire’s story. Throughout books one and two we readers have learnt only a little about Safire. Cousin to the king but never treated as an equal due to her mother’s low standing. Now she is King Dax’s Commander. When a thief steals a precious gem in
Hollie (Hollieblog)
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Big thank you to Gollancz for sending me over a review copy of The Sky Weaver. Plus allowing me to gush about this book on the blog tour!

I started The Last Namsara this time last year, on a whim. I’d traded for it, knowing nothing about the contents apart from that it was about a dragon slayer. Dragon fantasy has really been representing my reading tastes for a while. So reading and loving The Last Namsara was not unusual.

And while I think I prefer The Last Namsara over The Caged Queen, The Sky
Raven
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Not my favourite of the three companion books. But I love the romance and the mythology behind this book! It was very interesting. I really enjoyed this.
Justine
Originally posted to I Should Read That

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This review is spoiler-free.

I make no secret of the fact that the Iskari series has been pretty hit or miss for me. I enjoyed The Last Namsara, but I actually DNFed The Caged Queen. I was a little nervous going into The Sky Weaver, but I’m so happy I decided to give this series another chance.

The reason that I wanted to read this book is because I’ve really enjoyed Ciccar
Andy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2019-read
I've loved the Iskari series since I read the Last Namsara about 2 years ago. I can't believe we finally have the third and final book. The Sky Weaver introduces more about the mythology of the Star Isles and two new characters. Safire, the Commandant of Firgaard, wants to do what right for her country. Eris, a pirate and Deathdancer, has no qualms about cheating, lying or stealing. These two are certainly enemies, but might have to work together in order to save Asha, Safire's cousin.

I loved t
Rory
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellen Dooren
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5/5
First thoughts: Again another book with a completely different feel than the first two. Each book in this series is connected to the other, but also so very different, which I like.
To me, the second half of the book was where it got interesting.
Also, there was a touch of love, but while important, it wasn't the focus of the story, so Yay for that.
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
Loved being back in this world! Review to come on 12th November for the UK blog tour.

• Amber & Dusk (Amber & Dusk, #1)
  • Otherearth (Last Reality, #2)
  • The Cerulean  (The Cerulean Duology, #1)
  • Unpregnant
  • Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix (Rise of the Empress, #2)
  • Estranged (Estranged, #1)
  • The Defiant (The Valiant, #2)
  • A Casual Encounter
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon, #1)
  • 8 Little Planets
  • Inspired Artist: Draw Every Little Thing: Learn to draw more than 100 everyday items, from food to fashion
  • Clouded Vision
  • A Woman's War (Keep the Home Fires Burning #2)
  • Cleanskin
  • Trust in Me (All I Want, #4)
  • The Last to Die
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • Bloody Valentine
Kristen Ciccarelli is the internationally bestselling author of the Iskari series. Her first book, The Last Namsara, debuted on the UK’s children and YA chart, was one of Indigo’s Best Book for Teens, and has been translated into 12 languages. Before writing books for a living, she worked as an artisanal baker, an indie bookseller, and a ceramic artist. These days she resides in a blustery seaside ...more

Iskari (3 books)
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1)
  • The Caged Queen (Iskari, #2)

News & Interviews

“Hij dacht dat hij kon pakken waar hij zin in had. En wat hij niet kon krijgen, probeerde hij kapot te maken.'
Kor kneep zijn ogen tot spleetjes. 'En waarom zou die man mij iets kunnen schelen?'
Safire keek hem aan. 'Omdat ik degene ben die een mes in zijn hart heeft gestoken.”
1 likes
“Bestaat er wel echt gerechtigheid als degenen die de wetten handhaven zich daar als enigen niet aan hoeven te houden? - Eris” 1 likes