Start by marking “Dead of Night (Thorne Hill, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead of Night (Thorne Hill, #1)

Dead of Night

(Thorne Hill #1)

Never trust a vampire.

I might have learned that lesson the hard way. But when I find myself in a vampire-owned bar, I don’t have much of a choice. With vampires still trying to assimilate into mainstream society, I’ve done Lucas King a favor by stopping one of his patrons from draining a human dry in the basement of his bar. A favor he'd prefer to repay in bed than in kind
362 pages
Published March 25th 2019

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
A new paranormal romance that will have you drooling for me, lusting for Lucas, and wanting the power that comes from Callie...

I want to start off this review by saying the same thing I told Emily prior to me starting her novel... I have not read an incredible paranormal/ vampire romance since my Twilight years and knowing that a goddess such as Emily was writing a brand new series featuring vampires and witches and all the paranormal fun, I just knew from that moment of announcement that my h
Julia ⏃  ✦ : The Romance Rebels ✦ :
5 ***Little Witch*** Stars

"My heart hasn’t beat in over a thousand years, but losing you would break it."

Dead of Night by Emily Goodwin is a pulse-pounding action packed love story with one of the best push and pull banter that you'll have the pleasure to read about. Callie & Lucas had me hooked from the very first page. It has a flawless blend of high-stakes romance that was exhilarating with secrets, lies, and utter betrayal.

. . .
I haven't read a good paranormal romance in a long whi
Natasha
I have been dying to get my hands on this book from Emily Goodwin since she first announced she was writing it!

It's a paranormal romance & follows Callie, who is a powerful, witch. She stops a vampire from draining the blood of a human at a bar, and that is where she meets Lucas. A strong, old and powerful vampire. With witches and vampires natural enemies, their interest in each other is peaked. Callie may not be as strong as a vampire- but she has more power than most witches her age. Whe
Vanessa (nessreads)
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 “Bite Me” Stars!!!

It has been a long time since I read a book with vampire elements. Not one book has piqued my interest, maybe it’s because I hold Twilight at a high standard that I haven’t given another book a shot? I don’t know, but what I do know is after reading Dead of Night I need more vampire books in my life! I especially need to read more PNR because quite frankly I miss it, badly.

Callie, the heroine is a badass witch. She doesn’
Suey_Library
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well tickle my spellbinding fancy, wow. I was beyond ecstatic to find out one of my personal favorite authors was venturing into PNR world, because why not? It is such a fun genre, one that I am quite new to considering I haven't stepped foot into this genre since back in the Sookie Stackhouse days and Twilight left me unsatisfied in continuing the YA Paranormal world genre. However, recently I am finding myself more and more in the PNR more geared towards the adult audience and by golly I am in ...more
kookyquinn
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book and I was going crazy banana pants waiting for it to hit my Kindle!

Callie is a witch, Lucas is a vampire. There's a spark right away but since witches and vampires are natural enemies there's a little push and pull before they give in. The beginning felt a little off too me, I wasn't sure if it wasn't clicking for me because I wasn't quite sold on Callie and Lucas connecting or their characters as the book opened but something wasn't grabbing me at f
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 SPELLBOUND STARS!! I absolutely loved this story, I could not put it down. Lucas is a very old sexy as sin Vampire that makes you fall in love with him. Callie is a beautiful confident witch, that goes after what she wants. These two together with their powers are a beautiful sexy team that you will love. I could not get enough of these two. This book has it all with sexiness, magic, biting, drama, suspense and love. Emily Goodwin has written a phenomenal book and I can't wait for the next boo ...more
Siobhan
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emily Goodwin is an author to have caught my attention on a couple of occasions. With Dead of Night, the first book in the Thorne Hill series, I finally jumped into one of her books.

In truth, this isn’t quite a full four-star rating. It was so close I had to round up, but when compared to some of my other four-star paranormal romance reads, it doesn’t quite match up. It was addictive, it was a lot of fun, but it was a wee bit on the basic side when compared to some of the complex paranormal book
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Gah! I am completely blown away by this book. It was pure brilliance. The writing, the dialogue, the characters, the plot... everything was just so perfect. It’s so hard to come by a good witch book and I’m glad I decided to take a chance on this book!

Callie is one badass powerful witch. She has an unfortunate encounter with an old as dirt vampire who is making her feel things she shouldn’t feel. He strips her bare with his eyes. This human witch has piqued Lucas’s interest. It seems like he can
Jessy
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Move over Sookie Stackhouse!! I absolutely freaking loved this book... loved this couple and their story. They’re so perfect for each other. Callie is our snarky kick-ass witch whom I loved from the start, Lucas is a 1600+ year old vampire that’s finally met his match and the one person that makes him feel alive again.

When witches around Callie’s town are being murdered it’s put her coven on high alert. Callie finds her powers are much stronger than she ever anticipated. While Lucas has finally
readingsnfeelings
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

Emily Goodwin is extremely talented in writing contemporary romance, as we all know. She showcased her hidden skills with this brand new paranormal book.

Dead of Night was a very fast-paced and action packed paranormal story where we witness a witch, not only trust but also fall in love with a 1600 years old vampire. Gasp.

“𝐌𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐧’𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐢𝐭.”

I completely loved the familiars and how they felt protective of Callie who was a very lovable sas
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
From the synopsis to the snappy teasers with the witty one liners, this book intrigued me. As I began to read, it wasn't long before I found myself fully immersed in the story. It was sexy, mysterious, and exciting.

Goodwin's fictional characters were well developed, and ones I quickly took a liking to. Generally I'm not a huge fan of the total Alpha Hero, but because Lucas is a Vampire, and that is their way, his claiming and fierce protective and possessive nature worked for me.

Callie was the
Katie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
Oh my gosh, this book was absolutely amazing. I can definitely recommend it if you love Vampire books as much as I do. I know the vampire hype has come to an end, but I really miss some fangy stories ;-D
Callie and Lucas were so much fan to read about and I can't wait for the next book. A huge thanks to the author, who created an interesting world, a strong heroine and a charming and hot vampire. Also I am so in love with these familiars!!!
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Cocktails and Books
Full review to come.
Caroline
5 Stars

This book took Paranormal romance to a whole new level! I felt like I got a YA book written for adults. Like the action and the magic in this book reminded me a lot of some of my favorite YA books but then the chemistry between Callie and Lucas was not for kids let me tell you that! They was on fire when they was in a room together! So I got the best of both worlds in one book, the magic that YA have and the naughty side of adult romance, can you ask for more?

There’s a library off the li
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
From page one of Dead of The Night I became impossible to communicate with. Such was the power of this fabulous paranormal romance. I was absorbed!

Paranormal romance is one of my favourite genres and I have certain expectations when I read one. I have to admit that a Mean Girls reference was not what I was expecting, but it was oh so welcome!

The stories main leads are Callie, the totally kick-ass Witch and Lucas, the 1300 plus year old, sexy as sin Vampire. It is unusual for the natural enemies
Romance Schmomance (Malia)

Dear world, I love paranormal and vampire romances were my first jam! There's only so many vampire romances that I truly adore and Dead of Night has easily become one of them. I am all for contemporary romance authors diving into the paranormal genre especially if I love their books already.

Dead of Night is a witch/vampire read and I can't say that I've read a book about this kind of duo, but I am here for all of it. Give me all of these reads.

I just love vampire reads, there's always something
Valerie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book!!!!!!! 5 stars is not enough!!! Even if paranormal romance isn’t your jam you should give this one a try. It’s not your typical mundane vampire story.

Let’s start with the heroine Callie. Let’s just say she’s a bad ass. I want to be her when I grow up.😹🤷🏼♀ She takes crap from no one . Doesn’t back down or hide from a challenge. She’s fiercely loyal. A little broken (but who isn’t). There is a lot of mystery surrounding what happened to her growing up and possibly her true origins. I’m s
Novel Grounds
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Guys. Emily Goodwin wrote a paranormal romance and it absolutely devoured my soul. I could not put it down once I started reading it. I not only fell in love with the world that you are grown into, but I fell for each and every single character that  we met in this book.

I need this series to never end and I need a novella for each and every character.

But back to the actual story. Emily has crafted a twisted tale that leaves you on the edge of your seat not only for the plot, but for the romance
Brittany&Elizabeth's BookBoutique
I absolutely ADORED this book! It has been a hot minute since I have dipped my toes into the PNR genre, but it totally was worth diving back into.

Callie and Liam are definitely something special- you can tell write off the bat that they have a connection. I loved the world building and the ways that they just clicked/worked. I kept finding myself wanting them to get together, but also trying to figure out why they couldn't be together! As old and as scary as a vampire is, Liam was totally swoon-
Jan Cassi
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I AM OBSESSED

I cannot explain how much I love this book, the characters were amazing. I was so nervous since I haven’t been into the vamp/witch stories since years ago, but boy am I happy I picked this up. This is EVERYTHING.

Emily has me so obsessed and so in love with these characters. I couldn’t put it down; I didn’t want to finish it so fast but like I said..... i couldn't put the book down for a second. This book was very difference, but everything about it was perfect. Lucas OWNS MY HEART
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

I wasn't sure what to expect from the book, but I found myself pleasantly surprised by this paranormal romance.Callie and Lucas were absolutely perfect.

I loved how these two outcasts found each other, even when they should have been enemies.  Their acceptance of one another endeared me to this story right off the bat, but the story crafted by Emily Goodwin kept me turning the pages.

All the paranormal elements are here, with the author h
Maria
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and it was all because of the heroine.
And she is that a true heroine. I loved that she knew to ask for help and no be a mártir.
The best thing is that she doesn’t become a wall flower when the hero comes. And loved that he admire her and liked all of her. He knew her strength and powers, he was there for her and with her.
He makes her more confident and strong. He doesn’t want to put her in a corner a be be alpha. He was her partner.
Together they are better.
I really want
Bookerina Lovington
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: docs
You know those books where you just sit there afterwards because it's over and you don't know what to do with yourself for the next however many months until the next book comes out?

Yeah, that was definitely this book.

I lose interest in books quickly, and I typically have to switch between several books when reading. This book kept my interest from cover to cover. I LOVED it.

I will now be counting down until the next book and checking out other books by Goodwin.
Janet Hammons

I have to say up front, I have not read very many Vampire books. But this one was phenomenal. I couldn't put it down. There are so many amazing characters and the chemistry and banter between them is so intriguing. I highly recommend this book and it is a wonderful start to a new series.
Jeanny
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read. I especially enjoyed the power couple Lucas & Callie make. Callie is an absolute badass! look forward to book 2 in this series.
Jordan
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come closer to release date.

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
Imani Blake (Enamored Reads)
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s been SO long since I’ve read PNR and I’m so glad I went back into the genre with this book! Who knew there could be SO much sexual tension between a witch and a Vampire?! Callie and Lucas EASILY burn up the pages of this book and I couldn’t put it down! This was also my first read by Emily and I was immensely impressed with her writing!

If you’re a PNR junkie, this is right up your alley! And even if you’re not, this is the perfect place to start! Callie and Lucas are waiting for you!
Amanda Mitchell
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved, Dead of Night!!
Extremely well written, with a good storyline and great characters, and is very humorous in places. The chemistry between Callie and Lucas is off the charts. This book pulled me in from the start, I had a hard time putting it down, and was very sad to reach the end. I can't wait for, Dark of Night to be released in May. I'd give this book 10 stars if I could!! Well done Emily Goodwin, on another great book. 💗
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is

Thorne Hill (2 books)
  • Dark of Night (Thorne Hill, #2)