Start by marking “Mr. Misunderstood” as Want to Read:
Mr. Misunderstood

Mr. Misunderstood

Rule #1: Maintain Control.

You think you know me. The cars, the penthouse, the reputation for delivering women to that “Oh, yes, Gavin” moment… Yeah, I’m the bad boy billionaire who drives your fantasies.

But I’ve traveled a long road to get here. And I played by the rules—the ones I wrote to guarantee I didn’t return to whom I was before.

Until now. The pictures, the story
ebook
Published March 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Misunderstood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Misunderstood

Claire Robinson
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 - "...This might have been a mistake…" Stars!

Sara Jane Stone is one of the authors I love that I wish wrote faster, and released books on a more regular basis. Mr. Misunderstood, offered up a great story-line, likeable characters, a plethora of cute canines and reminded me of just how much I love her books!

"We’ve been through so much together… This doesn’t have to change us."

Nothing hugely new or unusual with the tropes used with Millionaire playboy; Gavin and happy at home with her rescue ani
Cheri
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Stone is an expert at writing about real problems people are living through right now. She does an exceptional job of giving her readers characters we learn to love who have or are overcoming issues.

Gavin is a billionaire who has a past he wants to hide. The child he was has nothing to do with the man he has become. Someone wants his past revealed. He'll do anything to prevent that. Even get engaged to his best friend who is one of the only people who know his past.

Kayla loves Gavin. She ha
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Mr. Misunderstood by Sara Jane Stone is the story of Gavin and Kayla.
Gavin is being blackmailed about his past that he need a fake relationship to help cover what is going on. Kayla has her own sorted past but her and Gavin have been friends, so she steps up to help him. This leads to them looking at each other as more than friends, but can this fake relationship along with the secrets keep them from making it into more?
This was a two for one with the friends to lovers and the fake relationshi
Jaime Reynolds
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gavin and Kayla are two characters that had me laughing, swooning and wanting to throw my kindle across the room at times. The adoptive animals made me fall more in love with the story and how they brought the two closer together. Best friends do anything for one another so when Gavin asks Kayla for a favor she doesn’t hesitate. But what happens next could change everything. This was a great story of best friends to lovers mixed with a second chance romance.
Heather Nobbs
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was intrigued with this book by the end of chapter one. This wasn’t going to be a straightforward romance but it was going to have a little mystery mixed in. I liked the relationship between Gavin and Kayla, going from best friends since childhood to fake relationship to love. I liked that Gavin and Kayla were great by themselves yet were better together. You could feel the attraction between them as soon as we saw them together even though they both tried to deny it. There was a very long fri ...more
Cara Ross
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I love a Sara Jane Stone book, for me; she always has the right balance of character traits, and that’s what makes them completely likable and memorable. And with Mr. Misunderstood it's exactly the same way, but rather than the retired military angle, she has changed tropes and headed in the self-made man angle, and it's one I as a reader appreciate.

In Mr. Misunderstood Gavin is a billionaire tech giant, playboy, and former model, but that was a far cry where he started or where he first met Ka
Sassy Southern
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mr. Misunderstood was my first book by this author, but it will not be my last. I was hooked by this story and fell in love with these characters right away.

Gavin and Kayla have been best friends since childhood. They have been through everything together and always have each others backs even though they are now both from two different worlds. When Gavin needs to create a fake relationship ASAP he decides that there is no one better to play the part of his new fiance than Kayla.

Kayla has no d
Juli Jansen kohl
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been so worth the wait to be able to read another awesome book from Sara Jane Stone. I am a fan her stories and love her style of writing. Mr. Misunderstood did not disappoint.
The story of Gavin living his best life and then out of the blue having someone blackmail you makes you feel like all your hard work is for nothing.
Gavin confides in is best friend Kayla to help him. She agrees as long as he agrees to help her cause as well. Why make it benefit her rescued furbabies as well?
Gavin an
Bette Hansen
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gavin and Kayla captured my attention and heart right from the start. Their story is an amazing fake relationship/friends to lovers story. Gavin fears his past coming to light after he's worked so hard to put it behind him and become successful. To keep that from happening he needs to be in a committed relationship. Who else would he turn to other than the one person he knows he can trust. Soon Kayla and all her misfit pups have taken over his home as well as his heart. Convincing Kayla he wants ...more
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Gavin and Kayla are friends and, when things go wrong for Gavin, she is the first person he wants to talk to and the first person he goes to for support. It's a great friendship, and it is a great foundation for a relationship...it just takes them a little time to figure this out.

I enjoyed the evolution of the relationship, watching both of them make concessions to make their lives, and expectations, fit into the life of the other. Friends to lovers stories are so
Isha Coleman
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Mr. Misunderstood by Sara Jane Stone

Getting to know him is only half the battle. Gavin shows what he wants people to see, not the man hie truly is. Whether he's breaking hearts, stirring hormones or falling in love, it's hard to figure him out. Kayla thinks she knows him, but she's in for the surprise of her life. Stone is a master of disguise. Her characters are the best kept secret, until she reveals all in the end. Mr. Misunderstood is a perfect slight of hand as cryptic as it is unforgett
Kristie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for this one by the publisher/author for an honest review:

Ahhhh, if you can't guess by the excerpt the book is hot, the writing is quick witted and it's total swoon worthy. I was hooked from the first page. I wanted to know what was going to happen, when it was going to happen and how soon we were going to get there. Everything came in perfect timing. I can't wait to read more by this author!
Becky
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 3/14/19.

So much fun!

I really enjoyed Gavin and Kayla's fake relationship/friends-to-lovers story. It was sweet and sexy, with many LOL-moments (often helped along by a member or two of Kayla's menagerie) and capped off with the most appropriate-for-this-couple proposal ever! Seriously, it's brilliant--that alone is worth the price of admission. ;) (Do yourself a favor and read the rest of the book too, though, because it's just too entertaining not to.)

The
Adrian
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good fake engagement story, and this one has a bonus of also being a BFFs to lovers story! Gavin and Kayla have great chemistry and banter. She's a strong woman who loves Gavin for the little kid he used to be, and I loved that about her. Throw in a little mystery and a cast of adorable furry characters, and we have a winner!
Lorren
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!!!!

Just the perfect blend of cute and funny. Gavin and Kayla were adorable. Bought the book instantly. And that’s saying a lot. Thanks for a great story that made me smile.
Penni
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Loved that the dogs were such a big part of the story. The "Diamond" Gavin got Kayla shows how far he grew beyond his fears.
Shannon Godwin
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to say I really enjoyed this book! Friends to lovers starting with a fake relationship starting out. Sometimes when you are friends, you step up a little extra to help them....AND, sometimes something extra can form from it.
Loved this book from start to finish!
Andrea Guy
I loved Sara's books for Harlequin. I have to admit it was Kayla and her animal sanctuary that made me really want to read this one. I'm always a sucker for a character that loves animals as much as I do.

Gavin is a sexy billionaire being blackmailed. (Where are all these guys and why can't I find them?) Kayla is the neighbor/bff. The two of them have been friends for a long time. I'm also sucker for friends to lovers stories.

The billionaire trope is not usually my thing, but Gavin, oh Gavin, I a
Deborah
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am totally in love with Mr. Misunderstood! Sara Jane Stone gives us a completely believable storyline with engaging characters and a bevy of fun K-9's to boot!

The best friends to lovers troupe is one I enjoy, but this story was so much more than the norm. Told from both Gavin and Kayla's POV, we get the whole inside story! I like to know what is going on inside their heads, because I feel it gives a much more fleshed out character.

Gavin and Kayla have been best friends and have known each othe
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance
Posted on What I'm Reading

It has been a little while since we have seen a book from Sara Jane Stone, but that's okay; we have have Mr. Misunderstood. I enjoyed this story, but I'm not going to lie I had a rough start. I had an extremely hard time getting into the story. However, it does pick up within the next few chapters.

Gavin has an image to maintain, but someone is trying to destroy his image. He enlist his best friend Kayla to help him keep his image. Who else would be the perfect person f
Mary
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gut-wrenching, hopeful, sexy, captivating romance. Gavin is a successful billionaire, always working hard for the next big thing at his software company and enjoying the many woman that frequent his life. When his latest fling suddenly turns the tables and brings up deep, dark memories from his past that he thought he had buried, he finds his life spiraling without being able to control it. He needs to change the focus in the media so he enlists his best friend Kayla’s help. Kayla has always lov ...more
Ariel Mathis
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Gavin & Kayla’s story. It was an easy, breezy read. This book isn’t filled with a sex scene every other page. Although, the sex scenes were tasteful and fitting for their story. I have a couple of favorite parts. One, Gavin with the dogs, anytime. It cracked me up. Another would be how reckless Gavin and Kayla were. I know, it’s probably not normal. But in other books, the MC’s are at a constant battle on why they shouldn’t be doing certain things, and they can take ...more
Josephine
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
There was a lot to like about this book, but at the same time it's not a book I'll revisit and, occasionally, I skimmed through scenes because they felt a bit repetitive. I loved Kayla. Seeing her stick to the things she needed and believed in to make herself feel confident after her previous relationship was interesting. I also thought Gavin's backstory was really interesting, too, but it felt a bit overshadowed by the blackmail itself and the repercussions of that. I think, perhaps, my issue w ...more
Ree
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a friends-to-lovers tale, Sara Jane Stone tackles the way childhood trauma(s) can sometimes affect us deeply years later as adults.

Gavin has spent years hiding from himself and the world by recreating himself. Very few people know him well. His best friend, Kayla, has always had his back and he decides to ask for her help when someone begins to unravel the threads surrounding his tightly wrapped past. Dependable Kayla has always been there, and she steps up yet again. And although Gavin has a
Cheryl Sanders
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book features billionaire Gavin Black and his best friend Kayla Greene. There are secrets in his past that he’d give anything to have remain there and Kayla would do anything to help him with that. Their attraction was plain to see, even though they’d been bestfriends since they were five years old. What I loved most about them is their confidence in themselves when they were with each other. This is a fun, bestfriends to lovers romance with a little bit of mystery, drama and a fake engagem ...more
Within The Pages Book Blog
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining, heart warming and addictive story.
Gavin and Kayla are two terrific characters that had me page turning wanting to know more of their story and what happens next. Both grew up differently but the best of friends who would do anything for the one another. So when Gavin approaches Kayla with a proposition what else could she say and that’s when things get interesting. I loved the determination and staying true to yourself exhibited throughout this story. This is a must read for anyon
Alisa
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

There is amazing chemistry between these characters and lots of drama that had me hooked trying to figure out what was going on. Full of twists and turns from start to finish you will not be able to put this book down
Yana Shorohova
Mar 08, 2019
Lindan8r
Mar 12, 2019
Lisa
rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Sara Jane Stone lives near New York's Hudson River with her very supportive real-life hero, two lively young children, a lazy Burmese cat, and a very active dog. When she is not finger painting with the kids, she loves writing sexy stories, staying up past her bedtime reading red-hot romance, and chatting with her readers on Facebook.