Start by marking “Remnants of Evil (McAllister Justice Series Book 6)” as Want to Read:
Remnants of Evil (McAllister Justice Series Book 6)

Remnants of Evil

(McAllister Justice #6)

Fear is an illusion banished by courage.

Practicing law fulfills her need for order and consistency, but chaos soon decimates her neat and structured life. When a psychopathic killer draws a line in the sand, she’s forced to choose b
Published April 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Remnants of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remnants of Evil

Start your review of Remnants of Evil (McAllister Justice Series Book 6)
Christine
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
4.5 stars (rounded to 5 stars)

I just love the McAllister clan! This is book six of a very enjoyable romantic suspense series featuring a family of five law enforcement brothers, one sister, and their significant others who joined the group over the course of the series. There are also minor roles in each of the books for their pets (several dogs plus a cat and a ferret) as well.

This installment features Abby, the sole sister who is a sharp, ball-busting attorney, and her love, Royden. Someone
Jean
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, beta
Someone’s out to get lawyer Abby McAllister. Someone very sinister and very determined. Equally determined to put a stop to the threats are her beau Royden Patterson and her brothers and their girlfriends, who are all skilled investigators. Remnants of Evil is Reily Garrett’s sixth novel in the McAllister Justice series.

The normally fearless Abby is still jittery after being kidnapped and held captive underground just two months earlier. She is doing her utmost to be strong and indepen
Siobhan
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Remnants of Evil is the sixth book in Reily Garrett’s McAllister Justice series, and it’s another brilliant addition to the series. Those who have read the prior books in the series will adore this instalment, yet new readers can easily enjoy it as a standalone novel. As ever, I recommend reading the series in order, for that little bit more you receive from watching things grow throughout the books, but it can be enjoyed just as easily as a standalone novel.

As with the prior books i
Jill Badker
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Reily Garrett, even though it was book 6 in the series I enjoyed this story. I will have to go back and read the first books to learn more about the McAllister for sure.
Royden and Abby are working together to find out who kidnapped her and is now stalking her. But not only are they working they are in love and Royden will do anything to keep Abby safe. But having a strong willed, hard headed girlfriend is tough to keep her safe at all times. Abby wants to get rid of the
Tammy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the series but can be read as a stand-alone. After escaping her kidnapper, Abby is trying to find her new normal and get back to her life. Someone out their however doesn’t want to let her go. Royden has come to protect Abby but can he keep her safe? Fast-paced read with loads of drama and suspense. The chemistry is steamy and the story has plenty of twists and turns. The McAllisters are a great family! I really liked it.
Books Laid Bare
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just seems to get better and better with each book. The author is able to instil so much information both consciously and subconsciously into not only the characters but the descriptive telling of the events as they unfold, that I could practically smell the anticipation and fear.
Remnants of Evil was exceptional in as much as the characters brought so much to the page, their story was one that left me breathless much of the time, high on the anticipation of just what the heck w
Donadee's Corner
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone of this genre
Recommended to Donadee's Corner by: Author
Reily Garrett - McAllister Justice Series Bk 6 - Remnants of Evil - Reviewed - 4/7/19
Right in the path of disaster, can she survive the tornado headed for her???

Two months after escaping an underground prison, Abby is determined to redefine her limits by testing the boundaries defining her existence. Practicing law fulfills her need for order and consistency, but chaos soon decimates her neat and structured life. When a psychopathic killer draws a line in the sand, she’s forced
Jennifer Pierson
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reily Garrett is simply amazing, and her McAllister Justice Series is one of my all time favorites, so obviously Remnants of Evil was no exception. One of my very favorite things about this series, is you don't just do something to one of the McAllisters, you do it to all of them, so each book has them en mass, including the fur babies, who are also bad a**. Abby McAllister is the attorney in the family, who is a survivor of a brutal kidnapping, but she didn't let it define her. However, things ...more
Joyffree
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abbey just wanted to escape it all - A chance to drown herself in adrenaline-inducing bucket list activities - A chance to forget - Literally drowning was not what she had in mind.
Royden just wants his girl back. He knows she is hurting, running from the nightmares that still hold her in their grasp. He will move heaven and earth to make her feel safe again. Question is will it be enough?
From the moment I opened this book, I was entrapped in Abbey's journey. Who will be the next mark
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Remnants of Evil is the sixth full-length and I believe the final book in the The McAllister Justice series by one of my favorite suspense writers, Reily Garrett. Each one can be read as standalone but they do intersect. If you want Royden and Abby’s full story then I suggest you first read Carbon Replacements.

Months after the scare of their lives, Royden and Abby decide to take a vacation. A much needed one. Only, it’s cut short due to a threat. An attempt on her life. They thought their lives
Strider28
First I have to say that every book in this series up until this book is on my all time favorites shelf. But I wasn't sure that this book would make my favorites shelf because it's based around the only sister in this family of hunky guys. But I should know not to underestimate Ms. Garrett!
She is one of the best writers out there today!
In this book, Abby McCallister, the only sister among all of her law enforcement and private detective brothers and their girlfriends, is the voice of reason. A
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 3.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 3 / 5
Story 5 / 5
Overall: 5 / 5

Remnants of Evil is the sixth and final book in the McAllister Justice series written by author Reily Garrett. Each book in the series focuses on a different couple and can be read as a standalone romantic thriller. Even though this is true, I do believe reading the series in order will give you a greater foundation to understand and appreciate the backstories. Just know that it’s not
Kelly cowee
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Definitely a page turner. I could not put it down. It was that good. Royden and Abby work so well together. I was hooked from start to finish.

Royden is a psychologist and a investigator for the police. Abby is an attorney. Abby and Royden are in a romantic relationship. Abby had been kidnapped and escaped. Now someone is trying to kill her. Abby's brothers are bound and determined to find out who it is. Whoever it is, is following her and taking pictures of her. They know her
Stephanie N
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 6th book in the Mcallister Justice Series but can be read in as a stand-alone.
In this epic journey Abby has escaped her kidnappers and just wants to get on with her life. Although, Royden is there to protect her he realizes that might not be the case when sheer havoc takes place.
The book is a romantic,suspenseful thriller. It is nearly impossible to figure out the plot until the end of the book. This writer keeps you on the edge of your seat. The sex scenes are passionate and hot.
Arlene Ross
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review. I have read all of the McAllister series and love the family that cares so much for each other, but also all the teasing and banter that goes on.
Abby, the only female, is featured in this one and her life of terror and love will grab you from the beginning. The way the family comes together and protects Abby as she tries to live her normal life is heartwarming, but the terror she endures is real! I found the capture portion of the
Rosie Amber
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Remnants Of Evil is book six in the McAllister Justice series of romantic suspense novels. Although stand alones, there are always themes running through, so I would suggest reading the series in order to get the most from the experience.

Abby McAllister is a lawyer and the sister to five brothers who are all connected to law enforcement.

So far each family member has had their own thriller style adventure; now it is Abby’s turn. A recent kidnapping left Abby severely shake
Low-La
I started with this book in the series, as this was the book that my FB group started with. It was a bit slow going. I am not sure if I should have started with book one. This book is also based on the McAllister family and how they look out for their sister Abby. She wants to maintain her independence after being held captive in an underground prison. Abby is stubborn but I like the family dynamic of how they look out for each other while at the same time w/out being too intrusive. Luckily she ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abby is the only sister of the McAllisters, and though she's still recovering from recent events, she finds herself once again a target. Royden is her man and wanting nothing more than to ease her fears, but who is after her now? The story starts after her initial attack, from what I gathered, so while these books are stand-alone stories, they are connected with the members of the McAllister family. It's sweetly steamy and suspenseful, with a good amount of action pushing along the fast pace of ...more
Sierra Clothier
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found parts of this book riveting, easy to follow and action packed. Their were other parts that were harder to follow, but it could be because I didn't read all the Books before. The bad guy was interesting and unpredictable. I thought she had more depth than the lead Abby if I'm honest. The ending was great except the part right after the cabin. I yelled at my book. Seriously? Why?! Then it got good again and ended on a high note. I liked the characters and found it has just enough with Abby ...more
Mawgan Dipple
Shelves: arc-reads

This was an interesting read from the outset, but due to not reading the previous books in this series, I came up short sometime. Wanting to know the full picture about not only the main characters but the side characters too.
I loved the start which was explosive getting you right into the story with a bang. A great thriller suspense novel.
melanie allen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a story the finally McAllister sibling Abby has her story. Abby and Royden what a couple, smoking hot chemistry. A passionate and emotional tale. Once I started this book I couldn’t put it down it so exciting, a thrilling and gripping story that draws you in. I just love this series so much Reily Garrett is a fantastic author.
Brande Courtright bradford
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written

I did not realize this was a series so I need to go back and read the first books but this was really good. Lots of twists and turns. I really enjoyed the characters and can’t wait to try more from this author. I would have liked a little more steam but that is just my preference.
Mona williams
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was a really great book! she was kidnapped once and escaped. now there back to finish the job. things keep happening to her. now her brothers partner wants to help her. along the way feeling start and he wants to protect her. im kinda confused towards the end of the book. still a great read.
Penny Riley
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all. Romance, suspense and murder and betrayal just to name a few. The author has created such a vivid look into the mind of a killer. The reader is on the edge as the killer plans evolve and are executed. Will the McAllisters be able to outsmart them or will they succeed in their deadly plot of revenge. I had not previously read the other books in the series but will definitely remedy that soon. Ms. Garett has created a inspired world of suspenseful plots and characters that ar ...more
Karole Petty
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gained another fan with this book and just expanded my TBR pile... this is the first book in the series I have read and I AM hooked and going back to the beginning!!! The characters are wonderful and I can not wait to read what I have missed! Well done Ms Garrett....
Lisa Roberts
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great suspence thrilling story took me a bit but it is so worth it the chemistry between Abby and Royden is sizziling hot with enough excitement and danger that keeps you glued right until the end. Abby had so much strength in her, and was very well written.
Samantha Smart
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this book. Rollercoaster of emotions is a understatement. I loved the chemistry between the partners and the respective characters and I'm hoping there's more to come on these characters I would love to read more.
Kendra
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read! The only thing is I read it as a stand alone. At first it was hard to follow all the characters since I hadn’t read the previous books. Other than that it was well written. Way to go Reily. Keep up the great work. I will be starting from the beginning soon.
Jamillah Smith
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This something I really don't read but it was recommended to me and I really enjoyed. I kept wondering what's going to happen next. Truly love the mystery of the story. Glad I took a chance on this story.
Michelle Silva
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this story. I love the characters chemistry and the suspense of the story. I love Abby’s strength. I didn’t want it to end.Unfortunately this is the first book I read in the series so I’m going back and reading the other books.

• Dissipate: A Back to Me Novella
  • One To Watch: Dirty Vanilla Series Book 1
  • Shame (Russo Saga #3)
  • Big Swinging D (Wall Street Royals Book 2)
  • Between the Shadows (Lake Lanier Mysteries, #3)
  • Call the Bluff (Aces High, Jokers Wild, #2)
  • Beyond the Mist (Lake Lanier Mysteries, #2)
  • What are the Chances
  • Diego: A Dark Mafia Hate Story (Chicago Crime Family Book 1)
  • Hearts On Fire (The Santiago Trilogy Book 3)
  • The Challenge: The Redemption Series Book 1
  • Ruin (Russo Saga, #2)
  • Fade
  • Glimpse, The Tender Killer (Deadly Glimpses Book 3)
  • Otherworldly: Kassien and Calypso's Song
  • Wicked Deception (Wicked Magic, #1)
  • Beneath the Lake (Lake Lanier Mysteries, #1)
  • Viable Hostage
Though her kids are her life, writing is the life after. You know, the one you also enjoy…AFTER the kids are in bed or AFTER they’re in school and the house is quiet. This is the time she kicks back with laptop and lapdog to give her imagination free reign.
In life, hobbies can come and go according to our physical abilities, but you can always enjoy a good book. Life isn’t perfect, but our imagin

McAllister Justice (6 books)
  • Digital Velocity (McAllister Justice Series #1)
  • Bound By Shadows (McAllister Justice, #2)
  • Inconclusive Evidence (McAllister Justice Series #3)
  • Carbon Replacements (The McAllister Justice Series #4)
  • Shattered Reflections