Start by marking “Tinnitus Toolbox Hyperacusis Handbook” as Want to Read:

Tinnitus Toolbox Hyperacusis Handbook

Something can be done. You are not alone.

Tinnitus Toolbox Hyperacusis Handbook is a must-have resource for anyone looking to find workable solutions and coping options for hyper ears.

Whether you have tinnitus (hearing too much sound), hyperacusis (hearing sound too much), normal hearing, hearing loss, Deafness, or are somewhere in between, this guide has something for you
Published February 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tinnitus Toolbox Hyperacusis Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tinnitus Toolbox Hyperacusis Handbook

Elissa has
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I received a digital copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I've had tinnitus for about 3 years now, and it started out of seemingly nowhere. A weird staticky hum in my right ear that sounded like a cord drawing power. Then a few days later it was constant. I went to three different ENTs to find out what caused it, and more importantly, how to get rid of it. For those unaware of tinnitus, there's pretty much no cure for it, just management.

I read the Tinnitus Toolbox
Danielle Tremblay
I'm 66 and I've been suffering from tinnitus since the age of 12.

I've found this book interesting for 2 reasons. It helps to differentiate the different kinds of tinnitus and to know what can be the causes of each of them, as well as how to relieve them, if not heal them completely.

I learned that my tinnitus is getting worse because of high blood pressure. When I don't have hypertension, my tinnitus is limited to a very bearable hiss. Otherwise, it's thunder in my ears and it's hellish. It's im
Chelsey
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As an Ausiologist, I see many clients who live with tinnitus, hyperacusis, etc. This book has expanded my knowledge in this area and will enable me to better assist my clients on a daily basis. Jan has written this book at a level that is easy for everyone to understand. I found the introduction was personal and was a good foundation for the book. She shares some of her own experiences which makes the material more relatable.

I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation fr
Charlotte Douglas
This book is an essential resource for clients and professionals. Jan is an audiologist who has lived the experience of tinnitus and sound tolerance, developing useful strategies along the way. She is able to communicate her understanding of these complex issues in a way that any of us can understand.
Gerry Slater
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Knowledge is power. Jan gave me the comprehensive knowledge required to properly manage my hyper-ears. I’m not crazy after all! I now understand, the unfounded fears have been adressed, I can get on with my life! Jan does not talk down to us, she is on our level. Read this book and insist that your audiology clinic make it available to all clients.

I received an advance copy of this book at no cost and with no obligation to the author.
Gaby F.
Apr 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
II have lived with tinnitus for over 30 years and I was excited to read this book and get at least some relief from this chronic condition. After I have read it, I believe I need to look elsewhere and see a doctor and a licensed Audiologist, should my tinnitus start bothering me more. The book is meant to be a toolbox from which a tinnitus sufferer can choose and try the best options available for the individual. For that purpose, I neither find this toolbox well organized, nor professionally wr ...more
T Olsen
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is incredibly comprehensive; basically a lifetime's worth of hard work studying. It's a compilation of every fact of the matter, as well as personal insights. My father has a serious tinnitus problem (he calls it head-noise), and we have been looking for help for many years. This toolbox is really helpful.
Andre Lafargue
Feb 11, 2019
Samantha Byron
Feb 12, 2019
Michele
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thorough and readable Tinnitus Toolbox Hyperacusis Handbook covers all the bases for anyone looking for information about this condition. It helps to explain the condition and what the treatment options are so that you know where to go to get help, what questions to ask, and what you can do to help yourself. I would recommend this book to anyone who is suffering from "hearing crickets" like I did for years!
Bev
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
by Jan L. Mayes

Having Tinnitus I thought this book would be helpful and informative. But, I found this is not your everyday reading material. It presented itself as a more scientific journal than an self help guide. It did offer some suggestions on dealing with the Tinnitus for sleeping, that can be useful. But overall this book is a difficult read for the average person.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions
Jan Mayes
Feb 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jan Mayes
Feb 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Apr 28, 2019
Terry Wells
is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2019
Jan L. Mayes has been writing and blogging horror fiction and tinnitus-hyperacusis non-fiction for over 10 years. She has over 30 years of experience coping with ghosts, tinnitus-hyperacusis, and plotting murders. Her horror is disturbing, spooky, and creepy.

She lives in the Pacific Northwest with 2 dogs and 2 cats. She enjoys cookies, deadheading, needlework, and reading, as should all right thi