Start by marking “A Broken Promise (Loving Again #3)” as Want to Read:
A Broken Promise (Loving Again #3)

A Broken Promise

(Loving Again #3)

Ben and Donnie are happier than they've ever been. Zac's adoption went off without a hitch, their new home is tranquil and the perfect place to build their future.

But Donnie can never catch a break. An old affliction flares up again and as a result his physical condition is more precarious than ever. Helen is nervous about the environment to which Ben subjects their daught
Published March 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Broken Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Broken Promise

Jenny Wood
Mar 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Are....you....kidding????

You give us three books to get invested in. To watch these guys fall in love, deal with death and disease and adopting a sick baby. They’ve been shot, more sickness, rude exes and all the while they’re there for each other. They go through so much together, overcoming so so so much. Then, falling in love and making a life together… And then BEN CHEATS????? Not even just once, but loads of times, for weeks! What the actual F?

Nope. I don’t even care what else happens.

And t
Meg
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay. I agreed to read this book before there was a blurb, but I knew from the title alone that I was not going to be happy with this one. Boy, was I right about that! This is the third book of the Loving Again series, and definitely should not be read as a standalone. The characters are well developed as with the first two books, and the writing style is easy to follow and flows nicely.

Unlike the previous book, the author focuses more on Ben and how he is handling everything going on in his lif
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3

People make mistakes but love can aid forgiveness.

I was nervous to read this story based on the blurb and title but I liked Mel’s approach. It’s real and reflects human nature and thankfully revealed the strength of Donnie and Ben’s bond.

Poor Donnie is dealt yet another hard (health) blow, he never seems to catch a break but the connection between Donnie and Ben is being tested and strained with yet more complications and life challenges. With Donnie navigating sickn
Cee Brown
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•This series brings home the open mindedness of the MC Ben, a police lieutenant, who following self discovery, found that he could love again, this time outside of his realm, with another man. Ben had gotten his life sorted out, and eventually married his partner Donnie, who was medically compromised. Together, they formed a family, becoming three in book 2, A New Life.

However, when push came to shove for both Ben and Donnie, "...it was about lies, and deceit, and that was so much w
Sarita Chapdelaine
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a well-written and interesting story with amazing characters but I definitely liked the first two books in this series more. I was so looking forward to reading this book and had high hopes that Donnie, Ben and Zac had finally settled into an easier life. They deserve it after everything they have been through but I should have known the direction this book was headed in by the title. I was still shocked and disappointed by Ben's actions and I wish that the author hadn't gone there with ...more
Ayla
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, sick-hospi

This book was tough. I love Donnie and I just wanted him to get a break and he absolutely did not get one in this book. I wanted more light in Donnie and Ben's story! Zac was a super cute addition; even with all of the angst and sadness he made things a little bit better.

I was a little confused by some of the timeline and there were some details that did not add up. There is also something that happens in this book that is a hard no for a lot of readers and this was my first time readi
Modwena
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the conclusion of Ben and Donnie's story and life does not seem to be getting any easier for this couple. Donnie has new health issues and both men are desperately trying to push through, not in any small part for Zach. Something has to break, especially as communication starts to to falter and things begin to really fall apart.
I really enjoyed the fact that these books have a very real feel to them, nothing is sanitised or sugar coated. The relationship at the centre faces so many setba
Lisa
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I really enjoyed this series this was my least favorite but I still enjoyed it.

Donnie hasn’t had it easy at all and things just go from bad to worse when things finally seem like they are getting back on track he is hit with more bad news regarding his health issues.

I just found Ben buried his head in the sand and let things get too far out of hand it takes him almost loosing everything for him to realise what he has. With easy temptations thrown in his way he just gives in too easily.

I
Kathryn Manzella
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Broken Promise is the third and final book in the Loving Again series by Mel Gough. It finished off the journey of Ben and Donnie and the family they have created. And it wrecked me.

From the title, we know we are in for an emotional ride. And Mel Gough delivers a story with as much punch to the feels as it gives tender caresses. As much as I wanted to scream because of betrayal, I still yearned for out guys to find their way through... together and stronger.

I received an advanced reader's co
Liesl
Monica
Saralee
Louise Lyons
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve now had the delight of reading the entire Loving Again series, and thoroughly enjoyed it. This third book was excellent, and so true to life, tackling themes that cause tension, heartbreak, and guilt. I was really in Ben’s corner through this. He had so much on his plate in Book 2, and on into this one and it seemed like way too much for anyone to cope with. He’d become more of a carer than a husband for Donnie, and he could have done without the responsibility of the kid.

Everything happen
Mar 02, 2019
Sneezep
Mar 02, 2019
Mel Gough
Mar 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cricket
SH
K.A.
Amy
Mar 24, 2019
Mel was born in Germany, where she spent the first twenty-six years of her life (with a one-year stint in Los Angeles). She has always been fascinated by cultures and human interaction, and got a Masters in Social Anthropology. After finishing university she moved to London, where she has now lived for ten years.

If you were to ask her parents what Mel enjoyed the most since the age of six, they wo

Loving Again (3 books)
  • A World Apart (Loving Again #1)
  • A New Life (Loving Again #2)