Start by marking “Ascender #1” as Want to Read:
Ascender #1

Ascender #1

(Ascender #1)

Set ten years after the conclusion of DESCENDER’s storyline, magic has taken the place of machinery and the rules are very different indeed… Mila, the daughter of Andy and Effie from DESCENDER, spends her days exploring the lonely wilds of the planet Sampson and trying to stay out of the clutches of the evil disciples of the all-powerful vampire witch known only as Mother. ...more
Published April 24th 2019 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Ascender #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascender #1

Roy
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to this series. I love this world and this just immediately takes you back. The art is still very unique. It will definitely put some people off.

Familar characters, new characters but also different elements to the world have intrigued me
Noe
I'm glad to see more from the Descender, now Ascender series!

So far it looks great, and has a pretty strong starting point. I wish we got to see more of Mila though. (but that's okay, as there's quite a bit of world-building and plot-building to do, considering where we left off in Descender. )

I look forward to the next release!
Anthony
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sequel to Descender. Instead of giving us more of the same with robots and space fights, this looks to be more focused on magic and fantasy. Interesting way to carry it on, because there are some familiar characters here and references made to Descender. Intrigued enough to want to read more
Chris Thompson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m excited the series is back!

The villain, Mother, is an intriguing character, but the hero, Mila, has some cliche moments. The art is great, and the story’s world is very imaginative. I can’t wait to see what the series has to offer.
Henry Blackwood
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t think I’m going to like this as much as I liked Descender but I’m definitely interested to read on. I don’t know if magic is my thing though I’ve never been really able to come around to it fully. Even though I like Fantasy novels.
Samantha
Issue 1: I don't want to give Issue 1 a rating because it's so short and quick, but I will rate the full volume when it is released.

This didn't answer many questions, but it created them! I'm so excited to be back in this world and continue this story.
Jennifer Ranger
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is comic is as good as I remember the Descender series being. The character development is good and the plot is intriguing. I can't wait to read more when it's released as a full graphic novel!
Saravanan Mani
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great art and very intriguing concept. Found out it was a sequel after reading it. Will definitely check out descender as well. The world is very interesting.
Terri Skocz
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding as always

I can just get lost in the beauty of the visuals and then the story just brings back to the page
Elisabet
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A strong beginning - so interesting to see how everything has changed since Decender. what will happen next? ^^.. I'll just have to read the next issue and find out!
Deidre
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this universe, and I’m so glad Jeff Lemire is continuing where Descender left off.
Eric
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magic, conspiracy, and rebellion. What more could we ask for?
Hannah
Apr 30, 2019
TRACE
Jun 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Jeff Lemire is a New York Times bestselling and award winning author, and creator of the acclaimed graphic novels Sweet Tooth, Essex County, The Underwater Welder, Trillium, Plutona, Black Hammer, Descender, Royal City, and Gideon Falls. His upcoming projects include a host of series and original graphic novels, including the fantasy series Ascender with Dustin Nguyen.

Ascender (9 books)