Start by marking “Als morgen niet bestaat” as Want to Read:
Als morgen niet bestaat

Als morgen niet bestaat

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  8,076 ratings  ·  1,316 reviews
De zeventienjarige Lena is de hoofdpersoon in ‘Als morgen niet bestaat’ van Jennifer L. Armentrout. Het ene moment heeft zij nog een vriendengroep, een wederzijdse verliefdheid en grootse plannen voor haar studententijd. Dat verandert als ze na een feestje met vier vrienden betrokken raakt bij een auto-ongeval. Lena is de enige die het overleeft. Ze wordt verteerd door sch ...more
Published April 16th 2019 by Z&K (first published September 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Als morgen niet bestaat, please sign up.
Maaria
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  8,076 ratings  ·  1,316 reviews

Lola
It’s as though Jennifer L. Armentrout wasn’t even trying to be original.

Like she thought, ‘‘Okay, so I need to write a book because I’m on contract, but I don’t have any new ideas, so I’m just going to write about something that’s been written before, and add a lot of cheesy scenes, and my fans will probably enjoy it.’’

Nuh-uh. You should know that I’m a JLA fan. Have been ever since I read the Lux series. I even loved THE PROBLEM WITH FOREVER, which she published last year. I have to say I find
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!!!

“I should’ve listened to that little voice in my head and that feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I hadn’t. If I had, today would’ve been different. Tomorrow would be like all the better yesterdays.”

Gosh I love JLA books, she never fails to pull me out of a book rut and brighten my day!

Lena Wise is about to start her senior year of high school, and her biggest concerns are getting into her college of choice and having a crush on her best friend Sebastian, the boy next door. Bu
Candace Robinson
Armentrout is the one author that I know I can always get into her books from the get go. This one was no exception. It was an emotional ride and didn't have a lot of angst like her other books, and it wasn't needed here. There were some swoony scenes though, and Sebastian was great! I wanted to shake Lena at times, but I understand why she felt the way she did. I felt like this book also makes you really think about things. I only wish the side characters were developed more! Loved it! Full rev ...more
Christy
4 stars

photo 2C39BD29-E09C-48B0-A234-0DE6BC093FE9_zpsw4tr964h.png
A single choice can change everything.

If There’s No Tomorrow is an powerful read. It was an emotional and at times devastating journey, but I think it’s something everyone should pick up.

Lena Wise is going into her senior year of high school. She’s got her best girlfriends, is on her way to getting a volley ball scholarship, and is finally just maybe ready to admit her feelings to her best friend, Sebastian. Things are going good for her and then she goes to a party and makes one ba
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Glire
Sep 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Is there such a thing as trying too hard? Let's see...

"I could not wait to get home, shower off the scent of fried chicken tenders and burnt tomato soup, and finish reading the latest drama surrounding Feyre and the fae courts."

Oh, so Lena reads. I don't like that much the books of SJM, and this feels a bit like advertising, but... she reads and that's good.
------

"Then I was moving on to that sexy contemporary read I’d seen people talking about in the Facebook book club I lurked in, somethin
Patricia Bejarano
Jennifer, lo has vuelto a hacer, has vuelto a conquistarme con una de tus historias. Otra de mis mejores lecturas del año sin ninguna duda.
Para mí siempre es un placer leer algo nuevo de la autora. Este libro lo tengo en inglés desde hace bastante tiempo, pero hasta ahora que ha salido en español no me he animado a leerlo.
Yo cuando leo a Jennifer en paranormal sé lo que me voy a encontrar, pero en juvenil siempre me sorprende tocando temas muy profundos con el fin de concienciar al lector en c
justmiaslife
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Es gibt echt wenige Bücher, bei denen ich schon während des Lesens des ersten Kapitels weiß, dass dies ein absolutes fünf Sterne Buch wird, deswegen hat es mich umso mehr gefreut, dass dies bei "Und wenn es kein Morgen gibt" von Jennifer L. Armentrout der Fall war. Mich hat es selbst zutiefst überrascht, da ihr letzter Jugendroman "Und morgen lieb ich dich für immer" ehrlich gesagt eher ein Flop war. Lena & Sebastian's Geschichte haben mir dann jedoch wieder einmal bewiesen, warum die Autori ...more
Aj the Ravenous Reader
“One of the things I’d learned was that when someone offered you a hand, you took it. And sometimes it was hard to see that offer or accept it, but life was easier when you did.”

During the first half of the book I was simply enjoying the story of a girl crushing on her best friend since they were children. I was really looking forward to a cute, romantic read like one of Kasie West’s novels. I forgot this was JLA, the same author of The Problem With Forever which although I loved, I also read
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Lena Wise is starting her senior year of high school. She is an honor student who also plays varsity volleyball and works part time. Lena has a tight circle of girlfriends from school but her best friend is named Sebastian. He grew up next door and they have been been friends since childhood. The only troubling thing in her life is that she wants a romantic relationship with him. She is afraid to tell Sebastian how she feels fearing that his feelings are not mutual.

Sebastian plays football and
Anne
Actual rating: 4.5 🌟

I normally don't read books of this genre (because I just don't care about romance stories) and would have never bought this book for myself. However, I was sent this book and man, am I glad about it! It was so, so much better than I would have ever expected.

Of course there is a romance taking place in this story, but it's done in a cute and not over the top way, which made me happy. I was surprisingly not annoyed by it for once and was rooting for the characters to finally
Alyssa

If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Publication Date: September 5, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lena Wise is always looking forward to tomorrow, especially at the start of her senior year. She's ready to pack in as much friend time as possible, to finish college applications, and to maybe let her childhood best friend Sebastian know how she really feels ab
Warda
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't hit me as hard as I would've liked. Despite the fact that it speaks about grief and survivors guilt, I just wasn't convinced by the overall story or the romance.

And speaking of romance, I loved Sebastian! Good guys with their pure souls make me melt.

I still enjoyed it. I wish the story had more meat to it though.
Bree Howland
Short and Sweet: If you’re looking for a book to destroy your soul and then piece it back together. Read this.

This book left me like:

description

I sometimes have a hard time reading books that deal with grief. Especially those dealing with survivors guilt or just plain out guilt around someone passing away. Not too long ago, I was in Lena’s shoes. Not the exact situation, mind you, but a situation where I truly believed that I had contributed to someone’s death. And it sucked. I wouldn’t wish it upon my wor
Clau
*Relectura*
NECESITO QUE ALGUIEN TRADUZCA ESTE LIBRO AL ESPAÑOL.
En mi opinión, este es uno de los libros más subestimados de Jennifer Armentrout. Me encanta el mensaje que deja la historia, acerca de asumir las responsabilidades de nuestros actos, pero aceptar también que somos humanos y cometemos errores. Sobre todo, tomar consciencia.
Por eso, decidí releerlo (y me demoré algo así como 24 horas). Por eso, y porque quería volver a leer a Lena y Sebastian ❤

~~~

Jennifer Armentrout es una de mis auto
Anja H.
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4 MEANINGFUL STARS*

I've been on a Jennifer L. Armentrout reading spree lately, and while I have yet to encounter a novel written by her that I don't like, I gotta say... Damn, this one hit me hard! She slayed me yet again!

Such a lovely novel about survivor’s guilt, death, friendship and love.
Also, can I have a Sebastian in my life please?!
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4 ugly cry stars

OK this will be difficult to review as the blurb is vague and I don’t want to spoil the plot.

What I will do is briefly speak of the “yesterday” and then have a kind of bullet point review.

Yesterday features our main character, seventeen years old Lena and her three best friends Megan the “hyped kitten”, all bouncy, filled with energy and smart, Abbi quieter and the voice of the reason and Dary on a holiday with her family at that time.

The girls have always been tight since ye
Fanny
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

If There' s No Tomorrow es uno de los pocos libros de Jennifer L. Armentrout que me quedaban por leer, y ahora que lo he terminado deseo haberlo leido hace mucho tiempo.

La historia de Lena fue muy especial y emotiva, es de esas que te hace replantearte muchas de tus decisiones y lo que es aun mas sorprendente, se te clava en el corazon como una flecha.

Admito que algunas partes se me hicieron muy duras, me costo leerlas sin llorar como un bebe, no solo porque son escenas muy tristes y desoladoras
Suzanne
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5*
This is a heartbreaking book about a very real situation that occurs too often. It was devastating and beautiful to read. I haven’t read many J.L. Armentrout books but the ones I have read, I have LOVED! She is a wonderful writer and tells gripping stories. I plan to checkout some of her other books very soon!

Overall, this book is emotional and difficult to put down. A devastating situation with so many consequences for all involved. Hits you hard so hold your heart and read!
Jasmine
Thank God it's better and more readable than The Problem with Forever. Although the writing style is the typical JLA, there's no denying that I still love those cheesy scenes. ;)
Amy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
This was my first experience reading an Arementrout book and everything I’ve heard about her books is true, she will crush your heart in the best possible way, similar to Colleen Hoover. Her writing is raw, highly emotional and so relevant and important. This will be put in my small stack of books to have my kids read when they get older, it’s a must.

Books about vulnerable teens always get me right in the feels and this was no exception. It’s told solely from Lena’s perspective and broken into
Grecia Robles
4 STARS

Necesitaba leer una historia Friends to Lover Young Adult, ya saben el primer amor donde se conocen desde niños que no pueden declararse para arruinar la amistad y esos dramas adolescentes, sooo… este libro me cayó de perlas.
Pero no es un libro divertido es más bien un poco dramático.

Ya venía preparada para sufrir por lo que había leído en las reseñas por eso es que no me pegó tanto y lo que pensé que iba a pasar no pasó, o sea la sinopsis es medio tricky pero por mí bien.

Si alguien
Tracey (Life and Literature)
3.5 stars for If There's No Tomorrow

Turn on the news any night of the week and it's possible you'll see a story dealing with the events of If There's No Tomorrow. It's such a relevant subject matter, but being as the synopsis for the book doesn't really allude to what that is I'm not really going to delve too closely into that. You're much better off going in not knowing.

Life can change in an instant. One day you're making plans for your future. You have dreams and hopes and plans. And then, in
AJ
4.5 stars!

An unexpectedly emotional standalone from JLA, but so profound and beautifully written – along with the humor, wit, sweetness and romance that I have come to expect from one of my favourite authors. This is one girl’s journey through heartache, despair, guilt and grief and is a story that I am sure will touch a lot of hearts.

17-year-old Lena is about to begin her senior year of high school. Apart from her key goal of enjoying her final year and scoring a volleyball scholarship, she’s a
Tom Lewis
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those YA novels that’s so aggravating at times, but if you can plow through the frustration of the main character escalating her problems by refusing to be honest with her friends, there’s a really beautiful story here about dealing with grief.
La Narradora
Me ha durado un suspiro. Jennifer ha vuelto a conquistarme, a hacerme reír pero sobre todo a remover mis sentimientos. He llorado mucho. Esta historia trata temas muy duros pero que me parecen muy necesarios para concienciar a los jóvenes de hoy en día. Su estilo me encanta y no creo que haya un libro que pueda decepcionarme. Este empieza bastante normal, eso sí, pero da un giro enorme que te deja pegada a sus páginas. Reseña completa en https://www.lanarradora.com/2019/05/r...
Anny
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Más bien un 3’5.
No sé si ha sido el libro o más bien he sido yo pero aunque me gustó bastante no me encantó, no logré conectar con los personajes tanto como pensaba, y eso que me gustaban, y en más de una ocasión empecé a sentir esa conexión por estar viviendo algo que está pasando en un libro peeeeero no fue suficiente.
La historia me pareció muy dura y muy bonita al mismo tiempo, por el mensaje que transmite, de que quizás no hay ningún mañana. Quiero pensar que han sido más bien mis ánimos por
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
I just don't know how I feel about this book? It was nice, but not as impactful as I thought it should have been, and none of the characters were that memorable. Except Sebastian. He was a lovable idiot and very cute. Still an idiot though.

I just didn't feel like it was super convincing? It talks a lot about grief and shows it in Lena's character, but it just felt like a textbook response, and not really real. It seemed like it was written from a textbook about grief rather than a real person tr
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.75/5

Review to come!
Kaila
3.5/5 stars

“You do deserve happiness and a future and everything you’ve ever wanted. That one night is not going to define your whole life.”

The question of the day is: Will I ever not enjoy a Jennifer L. Armentrout book? So far, the answer is 100% no. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of her novels to date, and this was no exception. I was worried that I wasn't going to like this book after the first couple of hatters, but it only got better from there. This was a surprising thought-provoking nov

• And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Wait For You, Trust in Me: 2-Book Collection (Wait For You, #1-1.5)
  • Amnesty (Amnesia, #2)
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)
  • The Fragile Ordinary
  • Loving Angel (Divisa, #4)
  • Outspoken
  • Running Barefoot
  • The Me I Meant to Be
  • Zeke's Letter to Allie
  • Inflict (The Muse, #2)
  • Embraced (The Eternal Balance, #2)
  • Undone (Unknown #3)
  • Unhinged (Underworld, #1)
  • Killian (Avalon, #1)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo
“I knew I couldn’t go back and start a new beginning. I couldn’t rewrite the middle. All I could do was change tomorrow, as long as I had one.” 31 likes
“Sometimes I just wanted to…I don’t know, escape life. To delve headfirst into a world that dealt with real-life issues to open my eyes, or a world that was something else, something completely unreal. One with warring faes or roaming vampire clans. I wanted to experience new things and always, always, read the last page feeling satisfied.
Because sometimes happily-ever-after existed only in the books I read.”
22 likes