Start by marking “pomegranate seeds” as Want to Read:
pomegranate seeds

pomegranate seeds

A collection of 6 poems about finding out how much the heart can take and where it truly belongs. The poetry collection also explores the author's personal journey towards realising that they are polyamorous.

This micro-chapbook discusses polyamphobia, internalised polyamphobia, sexual imagery, and emotional self-harm.

Also available for download on Payhip: https://payhip.co
ebook
Published June 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about pomegranate seeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about pomegranate seeds

Start your review of pomegranate seeds
Silvia
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book by the author as an advanced copy for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

This short poetry book features poems about the author's experience being polyamorous.

Like with all personal poems, it's not easy to talk about them if you don't share the same life experiences or identity, but even without being able to relate to them on a personal level, and even as someone who doesn't read much poetry lately (and generally doesn't have much experience reading poetry
Shirley Cuypers
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019, poetry
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Melissa Jennings!

Pomegranate Seeds
is a short poetry collection of 6 poems about being polyamorous and about having a ‘thing’ for someone for many years.

it always starts with a wanting

Pomegranate Seeds is the second poetry collection I’ve read by Melissa Jennings and I really liked it. The writing is beautiful and I loved the way Melissa expressed their feelings. I could relate to having a ‘thing’
Leah
This chapbook is short but packs quite an emotional punch! Read the full review on my blog. ...more
Bookdragon Ivy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
So Melissa sent me an arc of their new poem collection some time ago but it took me long time to figure out, what I’m gonna say about it.
Their poems are very different from the ones that I usually read but beautiful nonetheless 💕
It was something new for me because Melissa is polyamorous and there were poems about that, which for me was very interesting and I’m glad I could get a little bit more of the understanding what that means for a person.
It’s a collection of six poems which I really enjoy
Helen
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, lgbtqia, poetry
I said that my heart was a monument / I didn't say that it was all yours to worship

Another awesome release from Melissa Jennings! Pomegranate Seeds is a short but sweet micro-chapbook about the poet's experience as a polyamorous person, and the impact that's had on their relationships.

As always, there were some great images here. Melissa has an amazing, visceral writing style with imagery that jumps off the page. The collection was very thematically consistent and very self-contained, I just wo
Jeremy Mifsud
This microchap contains six poems about unrequited love. Although the author describes the book as exploring polyamory, I wouldn’t have realised without being explicitly told. In general, the poems seem to be dedicated to a specific person. Each title is dual, portraying a contrast within itself. I liked this aspect of this collection, as the titles give us multiple lenses to read the poems through.

"you said you didn’t like the taste.
you said things always taste better if they are fresh."

IT WOU
Sharifa
Mar 17, 2020

• Full Disclosure
  • Salt
  • Death by Miracle (The Lethe Archive Book 1)
  • The Black Cauldron (The Chronicles of Prydain, #2)
  • The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain, #1)
  • Frostbite (7 Caged Tigers #1)
  • An Unkindness of Ghosts
  • The Heretic's Guide to Homecoming: Book One: Theory
  • Furthermore (Furthermore, #1)
  • The Dovekeepers
  • The Ecstasy of Cornelia Day: An Erotic Supernatural Short Story
  • Dragon Pearl
  • The Castle of Llyr (The Chronicles of Prydain, #3)
  • The King in Darkness
  • I Am Ozzy
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
  • We Are Omega
  • The Hollow Girl
Melissa Jennings (she/they) lives with their cat, Dora, in the sometimes sunny but always vibrant city of Glasgow, in Scotland. They are currently studying towards an MA in English Literature at the University of Glasgow. Melissa is an avid reader, writer, and artist.

News & Interviews