Start by marking “The Dating Proposal” as Want to Read:
The Dating Proposal

The Dating Proposal

Watch out world — I’m ready to date again.

The seven years I invested in my ex left me with nothing but scorch marks from the way he peeled out and left me at the altar. I’m not looking to put my heart into a relationship any time soon. But getting back out there? That sounds like a helluva good idea to get my groove back.

Then I bump into Chris….Clever and funny, with a sex
Published May 6th 2019 by Little Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dating Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dating Proposal

Red Cheeks Reads
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

Several years ago, I was binge-reading the Caught Up in Us series by then new-to-me author, Lauren Blakely. I remember each of those books—I loved them all. They were all so witty and sexy and romantic and well titled – Trophy Husband was my favorite title of the series. Fast forward a few years, and Blakely has reimagined that classic with spectacular results in The Dating Proposal. It’s fresh, it’s fun and it’s full of the feel good, flirty, feisty romance this reader has come to lo
Lauren Blakely
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
💞 The first rule of dating again? Don't fall for your business partner! Find out what happens when McKenna breaks that rule in The Dating Proposal, live and FREE in Kindle Unlimited 💞

✦ Kindle ➜ https://blkly.pub/DatingKindle (FREE in KU!)
✦Paperback ➜ https://blkly.pub/DatingPB
✦Audio ➜ https://blkly.pub/DatingAudible (Andi Arndt & Sebastian York)

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

McKenna has been left by her fiancé a day before the wedding! That was exactly one year ago - and she just realized she's over him. It doesn't hurt anymore. Time to get back into the dating world.

Enter Chris. He's fascinated by McKenna when he meets her in video game store. He needs her for his Webflix show! She would draw in more female viewers. But he's also really attracted ... and he will never make the mistake again of mixing business with pleasure ... right?

What will happen with Mckenna &a
litljen
*** I received an advanced copy and chose to review it ***
** 100% spoiler-free review **
* 5 feel good stars *

Lauren Blakely's newest offering, The Dating Proposal is a little bit sweet, a whole lot sexy, topped off with just the right amount of feel good to satisfy even the pickiest of readers. The story has all of the hallmarks I love in a Blakely book.....it's funny, flirty, sexy and has the perfect HEA befitting of the characters. In a word, I loved it!

McKenna and Chris have an adorable meet-
Debbie Oliphant
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

This story was an easy, breezy read and I could not put it down. Very entertaining, laugh-out-loud funny and clever, original banter between the two lead characters. Very fun!!!
Kim
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
This is a fun, unique, quirky read. It is a complete revamp of her book Trophy Husband with male point of view added and completely rewritten so that only the characters and a few things are the same(per author around 85% new material).

I love Lauren Blakely's lively sense of humor. Her heroines are always smart, determined, successful and looking for true love. Her men are magnetic, sexy, and swoon-worthy. McKenna and Chris are no exception.

McKenna is a successful fashion video blog
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Having read and loved Trophy Husband, the now-unpublished novel where Chris McCormick and McKenna Bell originally appeared, I was fascinated by the idea of these characters getting a new and expanded love story with The Dating Proposal. Considering I read Trophy Husband back in 2013, I had originally planned to do a re-read before diving in, but knowing there’d be new material along with a revised plot, and that the characters would be more thoroughly fleshed out, I wanted to let The Dating Prop ...more
Meredith
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Blakely has done it again with a new romantic comedy that is both sweet and sexy.

McKenna's fiance left her just one day before the big wedding. Fast forward one year, and she's finally over him. She is no longer hurting, and ready to get back into the dating world. With a little help from her besties of course.

In the midst of all of this, she meets Chris. He's handsome, kind and offers to help her with her hard drive if she'll help him with his web series. She's funny, charming and relat
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Dating Proposal is Lauren Blakely’s next rom-com. It also brought me back to 2013 when I first discover my very first Blakely Boyfriend, Chris McCormick! If you read Trophy Husband then you are in for a treat. If you didn’t then you well...you are too! I will talk more about that later.

McKenna is ready to date again after being left at the alter a year ago. She was over her ex of seven years. She was over wasting her time on the what-ifs. She wasn’t ready for the whole “love thing” but she
Julie
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A innovative romance by Lauren Blakely. Full of fun with two crazy leads, an amazingly hilarious dialogue.
McKenna’s fiancé had left her the day before the wedding. It’s been a year now and she’s been guy shy ever since, until today, she realizes she’s over him and needs to get out there and back to dating.
Chris is a guy she meets in a video game store. They get to chatting and he turns out to be pretty handy. He later figures she may draw more female viewers to his Webfix show and asks what she
Shayna
“𝐃𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲. 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞."
“𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛..."
"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞’𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚊𝚕 by Lauren Blakely is a MUST READ standalone romance that will completely sweep you off of your feet! It’s swoony. It's adorable. It's charming as hell. It's everything you've come to expect from a romantic powerhouse like Ms. Blakely. Get ready to fall hard…and fall fast for McKenna and Chris!

🅖🅡🅐🅑 🅘🅣 🅗🅔🅡🅔
Av
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Awww this was such a cute, sweet and just lovely story.

Mckenna and Chris have bot been dealt a sh!tty hand in the love department, however both are ready to move on - but only into fun dating.

Ha! Right! I loved that as an outsider to this story, you can see them falling waaaaay before do, and it is a wondeful thing to watch.

Chris has this geek hotness thing going on - and I am a bit of a sucker for that!

Mckenna is kicking life's butt in her mission to get back i
Carmen Rae
The Dating Proposal was such a cute, sweet little romance. I honestly went into it a little apprehensive as I was still in a massive book hangover and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do this one justice. But it was one of those reads that just makes you feel warm fuzzies while reading it.

McKenna and Chris have a chance meeting that turns into a chance to get passed their romance failures if only they can get over their issues.

Both characters were really likable and the secondary charac
Cee Cee Houston
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t tell a lie. I freaking loved this book… and what about that gorgeous cover, huh??
Chris and McKenna were just so great as well. Fabulous chemistry, sexy banter, a kinda slow burner and just… all the sweet and sexy feels, that Lauren supplies with aplomb.
The story was filled with red hot lines of innuendo, deep feelings and nerdy love. No commitment or strings attached was all they were meant to be, but things never go to plan.
There’s a host of secondary characters making for some intere
Alex in Spades
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Can't Help Falling in Love Stars

I mean it's getting pretty boring at this point...what can I say. Adorable, cute, sexy, and as always funny. Lifted my spirit while reading, beat my slowly arising reading slump (equals perfect cure).
"What the hell? I’m turned on by a woman eating a French fry.
Forget trust issues.
I have lust issues."

I haven't read the original one, but this story was just awesome. McKenna and Chris were such wonderful characters. They were funny, down to earth and just amazing
Mel
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 “if we dated” stars!

The Dating Proposal is an entertaining, feel good read that will make you laugh-out-loud while you swoon. It is so sweet and it filled me with nothing but happiness as I followed McKenna and Chris’ journey to love.

A year after being left at the altar, McKenna is ready to move on and get back into the dating scene. She’s up for some fun but not looking for anything serious. When she meets Chris at a video game store, they click instantly but he has a business opportunity M
Roselyn Vazquez
I received an ARC of this wonderful book in exchange for an honest review.

The Dating Proposal was everything I hoped it would be and much more. Surfer geek, hot fashion blogger, music (oldies), Dr. Seuss, Q-Bert, Ms. Pacman, retro video games, holding a screwdriver for ransom, hardrives, orgasmic ketchup, first sip of Diet Coke, and karaoke. This book had it ALL!! McKenna and Chris were so much fun together. Meeting by chance, McKenna and Chris immediately hit it off forming a playful friendshi
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
McKenna is a fashion influencer. She and her blog have become sought after because of her honest and frank assessment of clothes. You can pair a marked down Gucci with a Target find and still pull off a look that makes a statement of good fashion, she says.

As put together as she looks on the outside, her emotions have been anything but. Being left at the altar by her longtime fiance absolutely shredded her heart. Now, it is time to start dating again before life passes her by completely. Things
Kim
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dating Proposal is a fun, sexy, workplace romance that had me smiling from ear to ear! This story was previously released at The Trophy Husband but has been given new life and I have to say, this version is SO much more fun!
McKenna is getting back into the dating world after being dumped the day before her wedding and Chris, well, he’s learned the hard way not to date a coworker. Getting back out there is something both McKenna and Chris are willing to do but it seems to be they have a conn
Lauren Luman
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review to come
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja

5 ’Falling’ Stars

Another amazing and laugh-out-loud funny story from the always fabulous Laruen Blakely.I swear this lady always brings joy into my life... This book is funny but also all the feels. I’m deeply in love with it.

Chris and McKenna are pure gold. I really enjoyed their journey toward the happy ending.

I need the next Blakely book ASAP!

Rachel
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

Trophy Husband was the very first Lauren Blakely book I read and I loved it, so I was a little nervous starting The Dating Proposal. Would I love Chris and McKenna as much in their new story as I did in their original? The answer to that was yes, I did love them this second time around. Almost entirely re-written, these character have new life in The Dating Proposal and a story that gives them the chance to shine all over again.

McKenna didn’t plan to date again, but when her fiance left
Shannon
4.5*

I first read Chris and McKenna’s story in 2017, in its original version as Trophy Husband, and loved it! It was a 5* read for me, so I was kind of surprised to find out Ms. Blakely was updating it. Considering it’s been just over 2 years since I read it, I figured enough time had passed and I could go into this reimagining of their love story with a fresh outlook and not be swayed by my previous thoughts or feelings. The bulk of the story has changed, but the character are just as wonderful
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
3.5 STARS

Where to start? The Dating Proposal was just okay for me. Don't get me wrong it held a lot of great qualities and all, but to me there wasn't much of a story. That could be what this author intended, because it is a light read, but it didn't really hold my attention that well. So I will start with the pros: I truly did like the characters, and their quirkiness. They were so different than your average hero and heroine. The chemistry was absolutely amazing, and I adored the development b
Nicky Price
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always as soon as I pick up Laurens book I'm hooked.

Loved the story of Chris & McKenna what happens when a surfing gaming nerd meets a fashion crazy gaming dog lady, all thanks to Chaucer the crazy cat.!

The chemistry between the two of them is hot from the start only they don't know it yet. Chris has trust issues McKenna has commitment issues so they agree to not date and just see where things go the banter between they just flows and the dates just get hotter and so does their relationsh
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Such cuteness. Another quirky, fun, sweet, enjoyable read. Love both characters. McKenna desperately need a new start after being dumped the day before her wedding. After a year, she decided it was time to move on with her life. Love McKenna’s personality – fun, sweet, beautiful heart. Chris is a perfect hero for her. He is gorgeous but a little nerdy boy-next-door, smart, adorable kind of guy. What is’ more he is super sweet. Prepare to swoon your pant right off . Love the sizzling chemistry an ...more
Michelle Monroe
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The thing about LB books, is that I know I’m going to get a light and sweet and swoony book every time i crack open one of her books. Sometimes you just need sweet and light! And you never get cheated out on the fun and naughty! 😉

Chris and McKenna are perfect for each other! I loved them so much! Quirky and sweet, funny and completely and totally combustible!

After being dumped right before her wedding, McKenna takes a break from guys. She thought she had met “the one”, just seems his one was n
Rochelle
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.

I really enjoyed this story. It was highly entertaining and it had me smiling the whole time I was reading it. I didn’t get to experience Chris and McKenna in the Trophy Husband so this was the first time I got to meet them and I am glad that I did. Each time I read a Lauren Blakely book, I am always left with a smile and I can’t wait to see what she has coming up.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Rating: 3.75/5

review to come.
Vanessa Alcaraz
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lauren definitely delivers on The Dating Proposal!! This book has so much chemistry, bantering, and humor.

McKenna has been dumped her fiancé for a younger girl. Now she’s finally reading to move on and decides to start dating again. While in the process, she meets nerdy, sexy Chris. Their chemistry is off the charts and their journey friends to their happy ending is swoon worthy.

This book will give you all the feels so be ready to smile, cry, and laugh.
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more