Start by marking “The Dating Proposal (Caught Up In Love #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dating Proposal (Caught Up In Love #2)

The Dating Proposal

(Caught Up In Love #2)

Watch out world — I’m ready to date again.

The seven years I invested in my ex left me with nothing but scorch marks from the way he peeled out and left me at the altar. I’m not looking to put my heart into a relationship any time soon. But getting back out there? That sounds like a helluva good idea to get my groove back.

Then I bump into Chris….Clever and funny, with a sex
Published May 6th 2019 by Little Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dating Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dating Proposal

Start your review of The Dating Proposal (Caught Up In Love #2)
Red Cheeks Reads
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

Several years ago, I was binge-reading the Caught Up in Us series by then new-to-me author, Lauren Blakely. I remember each of those books—I loved them all. They were all so witty and sexy and romantic and well titled – Trophy Husband was my favorite title of the series. Fast forward a few years, and Blakely has reimagined that classic with spectacular results in The Dating Proposal. It’s fresh, it’s fun and it’s full of the feel good, flirty, feisty romance this reader has come to lo
Lauren Blakely
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
💞 The first rule of dating again? Don't fall for your business partner! Find out what happens when McKenna breaks that rule in The Dating Proposal, live and FREE in Kindle Unlimited 💞

✦ Kindle ➜ https://blkly.pub/DatingKindle (FREE in KU!)
✦Paperback ➜ https://blkly.pub/DatingPB
✦Audio ➜ https://blkly.pub/DatingAudible (Andi Arndt & Sebastian York)

litljen
*** I received an advanced copy and chose to review it ***
** 100% spoiler-free review **
* 5 feel good stars *

Lauren Blakely's newest offering, The Dating Proposal is a little bit sweet, a whole lot sexy, topped off with just the right amount of feel good to satisfy even the pickiest of readers. The story has all of the hallmarks I love in a Blakely book.....it's funny, flirty, sexy and has the perfect HEA befitting of the characters. In a word, I loved it!

McKenna and Chris have an adorable meet-
Debbie Oliphant
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

This story was an easy, breezy read and I could not put it down. Very entertaining, laugh-out-loud funny and clever, original banter between the two lead characters. Very fun!!!
Kim
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
This is a fun, unique, quirky read. It is a complete revamp of her book Trophy Husband with male point of view added and completely rewritten so that only the characters and a few things are the same(per author around 85% new material).

I love Lauren Blakely's lively sense of humor. Her heroines are always smart, determined, successful and looking for true love. Her men are magnetic, sexy, and swoon-worthy. McKenna and Chris are no exception.

McKenna is a successful fashion video blog
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Having read and loved Trophy Husband, the now-unpublished novel where Chris McCormick and McKenna Bell originally appeared, I was fascinated by the idea of these characters getting a new and expanded love story with The Dating Proposal. Considering I read Trophy Husband back in 2013, I had originally planned to do a re-read before diving in, but knowing there’d be new material along with a revised plot, and that the characters would be more thoroughly fleshed out, I wanted to let The Dating Prop ...more
Cyndi
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Its been a year since our heroine was dumped by her fiancé. She meets a lovely younger woman in the coffee shop she used to visit with her fiancé. They strike up a friendship and discuss the younger woman's upcoming wedding. Surprise! in walks our heroine's ex-fiancé. The younger woman's new fiancé.
Instead of losing her marbles, our heroine realizes she is finally over the jerk and ready to hit the dating market again. Enter our hero. He runs a web talk show and is interested in following her
Meredith Wilson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Blakely has done it again with a new romantic comedy that is both sweet and sexy.

McKenna's fiance left her just one day before the big wedding. Fast forward one year, and she's finally over him. She is no longer hurting, and ready to get back into the dating world. With a little help from her besties of course.

In the midst of all of this, she meets Chris. He's handsome, kind and offers to help her with her hard drive if she'll help him with his web series. She's funny, charming and relat
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Dating Proposal is Lauren Blakely’s next rom-com. It also brought me back to 2013 when I first discover my very first Blakely Boyfriend, Chris McCormick! If you read Trophy Husband then you are in for a treat. If you didn’t then you well...you are too! I will talk more about that later.

McKenna is ready to date again after being left at the alter a year ago. She was over her ex of seven years. She was over wasting her time on the what-ifs. She wasn’t ready for the whole “love thing” but she
Julie
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A innovative romance by Lauren Blakely. Full of fun with two crazy leads, an amazingly hilarious dialogue.
McKenna’s fiancé had left her the day before the wedding. It’s been a year now and she’s been guy shy ever since, until today, she realizes she’s over him and needs to get out there and back to dating.
Chris is a guy she meets in a video game store. They get to chatting and he turns out to be pretty handy. He later figures she may draw more female viewers to his Webfix show and asks what she
Alaina
The Dating Proposal starts off with a sort of friends to lovers romance. In it, you will meet Chris and McKenna and they were cute. Honestly, they were. Yet, they both have walls up due to their past. Which I can completely relate to and I was excited to see what was going to happen next.

Eventually things turn towards the romance and it was so freaking good. These two had so many moments that made me ooh, aah, and swoon left to right. It was so good and I ate it all up. Definitely need something
Shayna
“𝐃𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲. 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞."
“𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛..."
"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞’𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚊𝚕 by Lauren Blakely is a MUST READ standalone romance that will completely sweep you off of your feet! It’s swoony. It's adorable. It's charming as hell. It's everything you've come to expect from a romantic powerhouse like Ms. Blakely. Get ready to fall hard…and fall fast for McKenna and Chris!

🅖🅡🅐🅑 🅘🅣 🅗🅔🅡🅔
Av
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Awww this was such a cute, sweet and just lovely story.

Mckenna and Chris have bot been dealt a sh!tty hand in the love department, however both are ready to move on - but only into fun dating.

Ha! Right! I loved that as an outsider to this story, you can see them falling waaaaay before do, and it is a wondeful thing to watch.

Chris has this geek hotness thing going on - and I am a bit of a sucker for that!

Mckenna is kicking life's butt in her mission to get back i
Carmen Rae
The Dating Proposal was such a cute, sweet little romance. I honestly went into it a little apprehensive as I was still in a massive book hangover and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do this one justice. But it was one of those reads that just makes you feel warm fuzzies while reading it.

McKenna and Chris have a chance meeting that turns into a chance to get passed their romance failures if only they can get over their issues.

Both characters were really likable and the secondary charac
Cee Cee Houston
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t tell a lie. I freaking loved this book… and what about that gorgeous cover, huh??
Chris and McKenna were just so great as well. Fabulous chemistry, sexy banter, a kinda slow burner and just… all the sweet and sexy feels, that Lauren supplies with aplomb.
The story was filled with red hot lines of innuendo, deep feelings and nerdy love. No commitment or strings attached was all they were meant to be, but things never go to plan.
There’s a host of secondary characters making for some intere
Alex in Spades
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Can't Help Falling in Love Stars

I mean it's getting pretty boring at this point...what can I say. Adorable, cute, sexy, and as always funny. Lifted my spirit while reading, beat my slowly arising reading slump (equals perfect cure).
"What the hell? I’m turned on by a woman eating a French fry.
Forget trust issues.
I have lust issues."

I haven't read the original one, but this story was just awesome. McKenna and Chris were such wonderful characters. They were funny, down to earth and just amazi
Roselyn Vazquez
I received an ARC of this wonderful book in exchange for an honest review.

The Dating Proposal was everything I hoped it would be and much more. Surfer geek, hot fashion blogger, music (oldies), Dr. Seuss, Q-Bert, Ms. Pacman, retro video games, holding a screwdriver for ransom, hardrives, orgasmic ketchup, first sip of Diet Coke, and karaoke. This book had it ALL!! McKenna and Chris were so much fun together. Meeting by chance, McKenna and Chris immediately hit it off forming a playful friendshi
Mel
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 “if we dated” stars!

The Dating Proposal is an entertaining, feel good read that will make you laugh-out-loud while you swoon. It is so sweet and it filled me with nothing but happiness as I followed McKenna and Chris’ journey to love.

A year after being left at the altar, McKenna is ready to move on and get back into the dating scene. She’s up for some fun but not looking for anything serious. When she meets Chris at a video game store, they click instantly but he has a business opportunity M
Heroesinbooks
4 McKenna and Chris Stars

Lauren Blakely manages to write a lot of romance books and I am hopelessly addicted. I listened to this mainly on audible but dipped into the ebook at times because I was too impatient to wait for the drive to work the next day to listen to my next instalment!

McKenna was very unceremoniously dumped by her ex. I loved her resilience and watching her grow in confidence was awesome. She is a very likeable heroine. When she meets Chris , there is an instant attraction but bo
Pam Nelson
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chris and McKenna I adored this couple, they are so very much themselves and the meet and chemistry will blow you away.

I have to say if I were to start dating in this day and age I would be terrified this was a cute way of going around all the dating apps. I love that McKenna has such wonderful friends around her that steer her in the right direction.

Chris is sweet and cute but we can't forget manly. ;) And he just does it for McKenna.

I loved the narration of course!!
Cami
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giggle-fest
4.25 Stars

According to some other reviews McKenna Bell and Chris McCormick were characters that were in Trophy Husband but since I didn’t read that one they were completely new to me.

I was needing a light funny RomCom and this was perfect. There was a bit more to it which made it even better. This couples playful humor was the best thing about this book. Of course Lauren Blakely also knows how to heat up the pages and so this certainly did not disappoint. I will say it was a slow burn which is
Lauren Luman
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I read its first version years ago and it got better. The instant chemistry between the characters keeps you enthralled from beginning to end.
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
McKenna is a fashion influencer. She and her blog have become sought after because of her honest and frank assessment of clothes. You can pair a marked down Gucci with a Target find and still pull off a look that makes a statement of good fashion, she says.

As put together as she looks on the outside, her emotions have been anything but. Being left at the altar by her longtime fiance absolutely shredded her heart. Now, it is time to start dating again before life passes her by completely. Things
Kim
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dating Proposal is a fun, sexy, workplace romance that had me smiling from ear to ear! This story was previously released at The Trophy Husband but has been given new life and I have to say, this version is SO much more fun!
McKenna is getting back into the dating world after being dumped the day before her wedding and Chris, well, he’s learned the hard way not to date a coworker. Getting back out there is something both McKenna and Chris are willing to do but it seems to be they have a conn
V_Nerdbooks
This is a revamp of a previous book with added extra's

Lauren Blakely is a master at this type of story, I always find myself with a cheesy grin on my face, her love stories and humour make her one of my favourite authors.

This story was no different, fun filled and swoony to the maximum.

As always Lauren thinks about her audio audience, so always pulls it out of the bag when it comes to top notch narrations, this story having the dream team that is Andi Arndt and Sebastian York.

Guaranteed to put a
Rachel
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

Trophy Husband was the very first Lauren Blakely book I read and I loved it, so I was a little nervous starting The Dating Proposal. Would I love Chris and McKenna as much in their new story as I did in their original? The answer to that was yes, I did love them this second time around. Almost entirely re-written, these character have new life in The Dating Proposal and a story that gives them the chance to shine all over again.

McKenna didn’t plan to date again, but when her fiance left
Shannon
4.5*

I first read Chris and McKenna’s story in 2017, in its original version as Trophy Husband, and loved it! It was a 5* read for me, so I was kind of surprised to find out Ms. Blakely was updating it. Considering it’s been just over 2 years since I read it, I figured enough time had passed and I could go into this reimagining of their love story with a fresh outlook and not be swayed by my previous thoughts or feelings. The bulk of the story has changed, but the character are just as wonderful
maggieandteddy
3.5 STARS
I listened to the audio. I'm a huge fan of Andi Arndt. She does a great job narrating heroine McKenna's chapters. She does the H Chris' voice really well too.
Sebastian York narrates Chris' chapters.
I didn't feel the chemistry between these two until well into the 2nd half. McKenna is self employed as a fashion blogger. I loved the meet cute. Chris is a video game nut & is very good at it. This was one of the parts of the story that I like the most. Oh, of course, the steaminess was g
Nicky Price
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always as soon as I pick up Laurens book I'm hooked.

Loved the story of Chris & McKenna what happens when a surfing gaming nerd meets a fashion crazy gaming dog lady, all thanks to Chaucer the crazy cat.!

The chemistry between the two of them is hot from the start only they don't know it yet. Chris has trust issues McKenna has commitment issues so they agree to not date and just see where things go the banter between they just flows and the dates just get hotter and so does their relationship,
Micky Cox
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Witty characters with equally witty banter leads you into a sweet romance story. I am so glad that I downloaded the second book in the series as it is so much better with reminders of the characters from the first book, but these characters are well fleshed out and the plot has some meat on the bones. Never fear as there is still plenty of heat to get your blood pumping, but there is a distinct storyline to really wrap your mind around.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Imperfect Match
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • Junk Mail
  • The Two Week Arrangement (Penthouse Affair, #1)
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • All Grown Up
  • The Locker Room
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • Hate 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #2)
  • The Panty Melter (Hunter Brothers #4)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • My Brother's Billionaire Best Friend
  • Fluffy
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more

Caught Up In Love (4 books)
  • The Pretending Plot (Caught Up in Love, #1)
  • The Second Chance Plan (Caught Up In Love, #3)
  • The Private Rehearsal (Caught Up In Love #4)