Start by marking “Drop Dead Gorgeous” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Drop Dead Gorgeous

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  981 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Heather Graham comes a romantic suspense thriller! After being acquitted of murdering his high school girlfriend 15 years ago, a man returns to Miami. While there, he encounters another former girlfriend and discovers that they still share feelings for one another. But before the couple can rekindle their relationship, they must confr ...more
Published August 1st 1998 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about Drop Dead Gorgeous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drop Dead Gorgeous

Cheri
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't familiar with the books by this author so I took a chance and got one of her older books. I actually really enjoyed it. I went into it knowing it was dated. The mystery of it was intriguing. I had an idea who the culprit was but then I changed my mind every other chapter. If you already know this is one of her older books and want to read a simple mystery, then give this a try.
☺Trish
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I hadn't read many books by the prolific Ms. Graham, so I did not what to expect. I found Drop Dead Gorgeous to be a pretty good little thriller but wished there had been a little more in the way of character development. On the plus side, I had no idea who the killer was right until the very end.
Pam Marden
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved it! So much suspense and it was hard to figure out who the killer was.
Amy Sprenkle
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it

Sorry to Ms Graham but her books are the ones I "love to hate" or "hate to love". They are very predictable, and formulaic. Regardless I keep reading them. I felt this book did a slightly better job convincing me that the characters actually cared about one another. Okay, I am having a hard time thinking of examples, but I did feel that this group of friends had a relationship. I also thought she had a couple of chuckles in there which were much better than the usual attempts.
Cassie Waller
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Which gorgeous man is deadly!?

Suspenseful! Intriguing! You'll be sitting on the edge of your trying to guess the killer, while racing to the end to see if you're right?! I have to say, this one had me puzzled and rethinking my guess many times! Well rounded and entwined with romance as well.
Kari Gulbrandsen
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, romance
What was the purpose of the ménage a trois?
Lindsey
Dec 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
this was a solid mystery. the killer was hidden inside the ranks of a group of friends. i was able to eliminate certain people, but never completely narrowed my suspicions down to one person.

Lori and Sean were friends in high school. all of their friends were popular and beautiful. one of these beautiful people died - murdered, just after graduation. the group sort of scattered in all directions, after that. 15 years later, circumstances brought them together again. what a perfect time for the k
Ashley
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was my first experience reading Heather Graham. I've toyed with the idea of her for a while but have been too caught up with other authors to bite the bait. However, my most recent venture to the library had me staring at her section and this book jumped out at me first. Maybe it's the really cool cover and judging, but it all worked out.

Opened this book and just could not put it down. It reminds me very much of The Heart of a Killer by Jaci Burton. It had the murder mystery and it had the
Wendy Kalthoff
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved it. I just wish all her books in this series were this way. I loved serena. She was a real firecracker, bright, intelligent and spunky. I also loved Liam. He was a wonderful cop. I thought it was terrific that their backstory was told. I found Liam endearing. I loved how they had to fight for their relationship. The mystery had me on the edge of my seat and i never would have gueesed who the culprit was. I also felt that I got to know the other characters better. i could not put it down.
Cassondra Windwalker
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Typically I enjoy Heather Graham's writing very much, but this book felt like it was written on autopilot. Drop Dead Gorgeous read like a soap opera, with a large cast of beautiful, successful, wealthy characters about whom it was impossible to care. The two main characters had suffered enormous trials in life, but they seemed so unaffected by them that the reader was left cold as well. Over-constructed and just remotely interesting.
Melissa
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2006
Book #78 read in 2006

This book was pretty suspenseful. It was obvious right away that the killer was one of the group, but the author did not give many clues as to who it was. This made the reveal exciting. I will probably read more of this author.
Draven
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather Graham has been a long-time favorite of mine in the romance genre. This was a great contemporary romance and an equally engaging thriller.Perfect summer beach read!
Rochelle Cunanan-Dela Pena
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read this book quite some time ago, yet I can still recall that this was a very good thriller.
I'm totally re-reading this.
Jae
Jun 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspence
Very good storyline. Unpredictable in the beginning, overall awesome mystery.
Liz
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
The first book of her's I read that I borrowed from my mother, whom I normally don't have much in common with as far as book selections.
Nancy
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too many characters but good story line!
**lil Momma**
loved it!
Brittany
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: december-2010
same deal with slow burn; the story could have been great but her writing style just annoys me so much. with all the exclamation marks and shifting characterization.. it just could have been better.
Valerie
Mar 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
I could not get into this one. Too slow to hook me in. I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Very unlike other Heather Graham novels I've enjoyed.
Tanya
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book this past weekend while we were ona mini-vacation to Virginia with some friends. It was a great "who-done-it" read. I had my suspisiions up until the end, but I was wrong! =)
Doris
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Was good but kinda knew the ending about 3/4ths through
Trina
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Quite the page turner. I little bit of romance, a little bit of mystery, very good read =)
Jackie Simons
Read 7/01
Suziep11
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story with great characters and filled with a lot of suspense. Contemporary story set in Florida. Couldn't put the book down.
5.0 on a 5.0 scale
Apr 01, 2018
Donna Ruggles
Feb 02, 2014
  • Slow Burn
  • Realm Of Shadows (Alliance Vampires #4)
  • A Time to Die (The Protectors, #29)
  • Sharp Edges
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Stonebrook Cottage (Carriage House, #3)
  • The Midnight Hour
  • Born To Be Wild
  • Dark Deceiver (The Esri # 2)
  • Hold Back the Dark
  • East of Peculiar (Hannah Garvey Mystery #1)
  • Fatal Flaw
  • Trouble in High Heels (Fortune Hunter, #1)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99