Start by marking “The Game Changer (Cleat Chasers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Game Changer (Cleat Chasers, #2)

The Game Changer

(The Cleat Chasers #2)

Pretending to date your best friend is always a good idea…right? Wrong.

Greta Aske has a lot on her mind, and a string of bad dates has her giving up on men, at least for the time being. Her life contains a little too much drama, meaning she needs a break and to save money and get good grades. The perfect solution presents itself—pretend to date the campus playboy. That’ll
Published April 2nd 2019 by Finch Books

To ask other readers questions about The Game Changer, please sign up.
Jaqueline Snowe I love questions like these!

I love questions like these!

Writing Greta and Aaron's story wasn't easy. Greta Aske is a bit of a mess (but who isn't at times) but she's 100% okay with herself; while Aaron Hill was picking himself up after a destructive year and didn't trust anyone besides his close circle of friends. They are loud, dramatic, and full of their own insecurities. When I first started thinking about Greta's story, I actually imagined her with someone else, but when I started writing it, it wasn't working. Aaron's character kept coming in and demanding attention and because Greta is such a good friend, she kept making him a priority. These two fit each other so well, like a missing puzzle piece, and once I realized that they belonged together, I flew through the pages.

I really wanted them to struggle and fight their feelings though. They had been close friends for two years--often oversharing about their other relationships--and the realization that they had feelings for each other had to be gradual and confusing. Plus, the chemistry between them was sizzling because they knew each other SO WELL, it brought an added element to the steamy scenes.

I don't often think about writing novellas of previous characters, but if I were to ever pick a couple to revisit, years down the line, it would be these two. : )

(less)

Start your review of The Game Changer (Cleat Chasers, #2)
Ally Swanson
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such an exciting, fun, flirty, entertaining read!

This is the second book I’ve read from the amazing writer, Jaqueline Snowe. Last year, I had the privilege of reading her book, “Take a Chance on Me,” and I absolutely loved it, so I was very excited to read her latest work, “The Game Changer.”

Mrs. Snowe’s writing style and character development continues to impress me! Although her storyline’s may not always be a new concept, she still finds a way to keep the story fresh, entertaini
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the YA Bound Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Fake it until you make it!
The Game Changer by Jaqueline Snowe encompasses what happens when college students are away from home. The story deals with a scholarship student that depends on a scholarship to stay at school and becomes drafted for the MLB. The other student's parents pay for part of the expense and works while attending classes. This i
E.
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
“The Game Changer” by Jacqueline Snowe centers around the relationship between best friends Aaron Hill and Greta Aske. Aaron’s hedonistic lifestyle as a star athlete on campus threatens to derail his hopes for a professional career and his desperate attempt at redemption requires a fake romantic relationship with Greta. Both go into the arrangement knowing that it’s fake, and they’re both determined to adhere to the terms they set…or are they?

This contemporary new adult romance is part of the ‘C
Andrea
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am always happy to see a new Jaqueline Snowe book, but I was even more excited to see that there was a second book in the Cleat Chasers series. I loved the first book, Challenge Accepted. We met Aaron and Greta in that one. Both of them are fierce and bull-headed and have so much baggage. And yet they are best friends and absolutely perfect for each other.

I know that they are just fictional characters, but the heat and chemistry between the two of them just about melted my Kindle while I was r
Lisa Mandina
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series, Challenge Accepted, was one that while it had a good story, I had some issues with it overall. So at first I wasn't sure if I would give this one a try. But man am I glad that I did, because I loved this one! Honestly, I didn't have any of the issues with this one that I did with the first, and so this was a win-win for me. I couldn't keep from turning the pages as I read (or tapping the screen I guess on my phone since it was an e-book). I could barely put it down ...more
Julee Allen
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read previous works by this author, I snapped up the chance for an ARC of The Game Changer. Then promptly devoured it. It hits all the feel-good NA points, featuring two college best friends who decide to fake a stable relationship in order to save the scholarships--and possible future career--of baseball player Aaron after he hits a downward spiral that plays out publicly. Already friends, the chemistry is immediate with their banter and joking. It only builds from there, making for some ...more
Jody
Readers will find themselves charmed by this tale of friends whose fake relationship soon becomes all too real in a scorching story full of witty banter that put a smile on my face. Taking place in the world of college baseball, readers will find themselves fully immersed in the stresses of trying to make something of yourself while dealing with matters of the heart. While cheering on this immensely likable main couple readers will find other characters worth rooting for in this latest installme ...more
Lauren - SERIESous Books
**I received a copy of this book from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest voluntary review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

**DNF'd at 35% (Start of Chapter 10)**

I really struggled to get into the story of these two. I'm not sure what it was that stopped me from investing my time in their romance because it had the aspects I love in a NA story (like a friends to more, fake romance, etc).

For one thing, despite how great they were as friends, their sexual chemis
Wendy Bunnell
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good fake relationship romance. My biggest hang-up with this trope is when one party gets unreasonably mad at the other party for the fact that they were in a fake relationship, assuming of course that both parties knew it was fake from the inception.

This story does NOT make that misstep, and both parties are actually very reasonable and mature about the fact that they let their own feelings exceed the agreed upon parameters for the relationship. Pretty good for young adults, who other
January Bain
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You gotta read this one! (5 stars)

The Game Changer has it all if you love authentic characters, a fast-paced plot, and lots of hot sex! A staged relationship sets the story off with a great premise. Best part? The author really knows her stuff, her characters sound and act real-to-life which puts the reader right in the eye of the storm as it grabs a hold of you and doesn’t let go until the final page.

The line that really got to me was, “She was his game changer.”
And if you are a baseball fan as
Teresa Champagne
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the storyline of the friends to fake lovers. It was hot and extremely good. I would read it again it was that good. Im looking to buy some more books from Jaqueline Snow in the future.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Sep 28, 2019
Pernilla
Mar 13, 2020
Jaqueline Snowe
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Eve
Dec 22, 2019
Sara Kaastrup-Hansen
Mar 28, 2020
SD
rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2019
Rachel Griesmer
Calvin
Victoria
Apr 03, 2019

• The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • The Change Up
  • Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)
  • Through to You
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • Roman (Raleigh Raptors Book 2)
  • It Was Always You (Ridgewater High #3)
  • The Angels (Raven River Academy, #1)
  • The Sinners (Raven River Academy, #2)
  • The Fix Up
  • Hitched: Volume Three (Imperfect Love, #3)
  • Meet Me There (Ridgewater High, #1)
  • Don't Forget Me (Ridgewater High #2)
  • Hitched: Volume One (Imperfect Love, #1)
  • Hitched: Volume Two (Imperfect Love, #2)
  • My Second Chance (Ridgewater High #4)
  • Chaos at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #2)
Jaqueline Snowe lives in Arizona where the "dry heat" really isn't that bad. She prefers drinking coffee all hours of the day and snacking on anything that has peanut butter or chocolate. She is the mother to two fur-babies who don’t realize they aren’t humans and a new mom to the sweetest baby boy. She is an avid reader and writer of romances and tends to write about athletes. Her husband works f ...more

The Cleat Chasers (4 books)
  • Challenge Accepted (Cleat Chasers Book 1)
  • Best Player (The Cleat Chasers, #3)
  • No Easy Catch (Cleat Chasers, #4)