Start by marking “An Excuse For Murder” as Want to Read:
An Excuse For Murder

An Excuse For Murder

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
As a former bodyguard, it should be easy for Gary Fenris to kill, especially when the motive is revenge. But Gary has made two mistakes in his life. The first was letting the woman he loved die on his watch. The second was thinking vengeance could bring him peace.

Local bookstore owner and amateur lock pick Kate Rowan loves nothing more than a good mystery. Her curiosity s
Published March 20th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about An Excuse For Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Excuse For Murder

really liked it 4.00  ·

Emma Canning (Emma's Chapter)
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Sometimes you have to dig up the truth, no matter how deep it's buried.

Local bookstore owner Kate Rowan loves a good mystery, but her curiosity leads her closer to one than she ever imagined. Death, blackmail, obsession and revenge is the path former bodyguard Gary Fenris is on. He's made mistakes in his life, but could his next cost Kate her life?

An Excuse For Murder is a great slow-burner. Even though part of you feels as though you already know what's going to happen, there's the sense th
Vicky
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting story. I can’t say I liked it, but… I couldn’t stop reading. Thus the “interesting”. Items that distracted me: It’s very British, including terminology, but the author uses those terms in such as way as to make it understandable even for a Yank. However, the sudden shifts in point of view were problematic for me. I really don’t like it when an author does that and this one did so—not often, but enough for it to be a challenge for me to keep reading. I will note that I’m n ...more
Odette Swan
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I was contacted by the author, who provided me with the ARC, in exchange for an honest review**

An Excuse For Murder by Vanessa Westermann will leave you on the edge of your seat until the very end. It has murder, crime, mystery, and even a little romance thrown in.

“As a former bodyguard, it should be easy for Gary Fenris to kill, especially when the motive is revenge. But Gary has made two mistakes in his life. The first was letting the woman he loved die on his watch. The second was thinking
Pat Dupuy
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An unfortunate death

Family and friends. Secrets and guilt. Passion and coldbloodedness. All revolving around a bookseller who finds a body in her cellar at home. I loved this introduction to Kate Rowan and her community. I absolutely want to read the next book in this series.
Murder in Common
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful book with good characters and interesting take on the murder mystery theme.
Hema Vadivelu
Jul 22, 2019
Ellen Roseman
is currently reading it
May 01, 2019
Vanessa Westermann is a former Arthur Ellis Awards judge, and has given a talk on the evolution of women’s crime writing, at the Toronto Chapter of Sisters in Crime.

Vanessa’s book review column entitled “Vanessa’s Picks” was published in Sleuth of Baker Street Mystery Bookstore's monthly newsletter from 2012 to 2016. The column was developed into a blog, featuring literary reviews and author inter
“So you’re a recreational locksmith who knows how to throw a punch and enjoys a stroll through the fog.'
'And sells books,' Kate added”
0 likes