Start by marking “Trailblazer: From the Mountains of Kashmir to the Summit of Global Business and Beyond” as Want to Read:

Farooq Kathwari’s extraordinary life began in politically divided Kashmir, where his family was separated by government decree. He had to leave home as a refugee, helped his mother survive shock therapy, joined student activists in street demonstrations, and faced down a gun-wielding security officer—all by the age of seventeen.

Forced to become self-reliant, Kathwari
Published September 3rd 2019 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

To ask other readers questions about Trailblazer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trailblazer

Start your review of Trailblazer: From the Mountains of Kashmir to the Summit of Global Business and Beyond
Steve
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
NOTE: I received this book as part of GoodReads' First Reads program.

Trailblazer is the autobiography of Farooq Kathwari. Born in Kashmir in the 1940s to a prominent Muslim family in a region that's been in heavy contention since the breakup of the British Empire. Going to school with fellow Muslims as well as Hindus, he excelled at sports, especially cricket, and developed exceptional leadership skills as captain of the cricket team. After going to school in Kashmir, his father, who was in the
Thomas Lennek
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Astounding Journey - an uncommon autobiography

A truly inspiring life, merging lifelong values within the framework of education, travel, family, good luck and personal ambition. Read this book to get a deeper understanding of the situation in Kashmir, transitioning a corporation (Ethan Allen) and how it is possible for an individual to have worldwide reach in the efforts of peace. (And lessons for fighting off Corporate Raiders aka "activist investors." )
Trudy
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Farooq Kathwari has led an interesting life. Best of all is his attitude of gratitude for even the small players in it. I found his memoir interesting although I got bogged down in the business portions. He is an exemplary leader in business and life.
Susan
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a Goodread's Giveaway. This is a well-written autobiography of Farooq Kathwari. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in business biographies &/or global economy.
Misty Hutchison
Great book very interesting loved it
Karen Stromberg
I won this book through Goodreads. I'm glad I did or I never would have read it. I want to work for this man! I like the corporate culture that he embraces. The book was very compelling.
Roger
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am looking forward to reading this book!

Thank you Goodreads for this opportunity to read something in a new genre! I will post a proper review when I have completed this book.
Mary
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept my interest throughout
Kasey
Oct 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for the opportunity to review this book as a giveaway recipient. I am excited to read it and will update my thoughts on this book soon!
Maryellen
is currently reading it
Pamela Miller
Lisa Dunckley

• The Best People: A Tale of Trials and Errors
  • Running with My Head Down: An Entrepreneur’s Story of Passion, Perseverance, and Purpose
  • Grind: A No-Bullshit Approach to Take Your Business from Concept to Cash Flow
  • A Rock and a Hard Place: An American Geologist's Adventures in Africa
  • Patterned after Excellence
  • Virginia
  • High Stakes (A Knight and Devlin Thriller Book 6)
  • The Coolest Labels
  • A Course in Meditation: A 21-Day Workout for Your Consciousness
  • Is This Seat Taken? No, I Saved it for You: Inspiring Life Lessons from Everyday Experiences
  • A Great Fit: My Take on Confidence, Charisma, and the Career that Suits You Best
  • DEMIGODS
  • Success: How to Overcome the 11 Dangerous & Sinister Forces that are Holding You Back
  • Darkness Between the Stars (Eaters of the Light #1)
  • The Calling: 3 Fundamental Shifts to Stay True, Get Paid, and Do Good
  • Incessance
  • Payment in Kind
  • Impact Imperative: Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Investing to Transform the Future