Start by marking “That Night” as Want to Read:
That Night

That Night

(Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter #2)

All Nadira Holden wants to preserve the last of her soul and create a new life free of magic, demons, and war.

Her involuntary bond with a succubus makes her desires impossible. The threat of this disgruntled demon possessing her urges Nadira to find the succubus's missing body.

Nadira's only hope of avoiding demonic possession lies with Derek, the only demon she can
Published April 23rd 2019 by Azaaa Davis

To ask other readers questions about That Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Night

Start your review of That Night
Shalini
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A continuation from Book 1, this dealt more with Nadira's emotional well-being and her feelings of loneliness in an unknown world. Being resurrected after 25 years of her death, everything had changed and she no longer had a place in such a world where the demons and humans lived in relative peace after signing the treaty. What was a demon hunter to do when demons were protected by law?!! And yes, she was soul bound to a succubus Roquelle, a demon. Can you see how boxed in she was?

My second book
Minx
There was much grappling going on in this book, That Night, that extends beyond the main characters struggles to fit in. Nadira, who had recently been resurrected, had been brought back to a world that made no sense to her. Everything she remembered was no longer reality and that was a hard pill to swallow. She was still coping with her losses but knew that in order to survive in this time period she was going to have to find a way to fit in. Which was going to be hard enough because Nadira was ...more
Michelle Chantler
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished, reviewed
That Night: Nadira Holden Demon Hunter.
By Azaaa Davis.

This novel has an amazing plot and storyline, where we meet a young woman who had spent her younger years training to be a Demon Hunter. Through a set of very unusual events, Nadira finds herself bound to a demon (a succubus) who has just as much influence and power over her body and spirit as her natural self does.
Without giving to much away, having a loving relationship suddenly becomes almost impossible, due to two major issues.
A succubus
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That Night by Azaaa Davis is an amazing story that I loved from start to finish. This is book number two in this amazing series that I fell in love with from the first book of the series. If you love reading about magic , demons and fantasy then this story is definately for you I highly recpmmend this for you.

Amy Shannon
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intriguing

Davis pens an incredible story in That Night, the second book in the Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter series. Ive read book one, and enjoyed it. This is another great story, and I enjoyed how Nadira intended to live a so-called normal life. The characters were remarkable and interesting. This author brings the story to life. The details in the story telling and making Nadira and her battles pull the reader in. The demons aren't just against her, but her ideas and wants to keep what little
Teri
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes trying out a new author who starts off with a new series can lead to a massive disappointment. Well Hells Bells that isn't the case with this author. The first book is setting you up!! And I mean that in the best of ways. The back drop is set and then you get to book two and the hammer falls, go ahead author you deserve a mic drop!! Yup if you think book one is all about the set up then this book 2 is all about the action. Now that Nadira knows what has happened and what her mother did ...more
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story That Night is a well-described story but clearly a continuation of a previously published book. Without the knowledge of the earlier story This Time it is difficult to get into the story. You get enough reading instructions to continue the book, but you have to have perseverance.

The story is about a demon hunter, Nadira, who has put down her life's work because she is partly a demon herself. There is also a succubus in her that sometimes comes up and then takes lives to feed herself.
Kaye
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE EXCITING ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Man, talk about riveted on a razors edge. A whirlwind of activities and mishaps that keep you flipping page after page catapulting all of your emotions into play. One compelling storyline and sensational plot bring this baby bursting to life beautifully. The characters are authentic, relatable and realistic with personalities and depth that keep you captivated from start to finish. Sparks fly as danger and suspense ensues in epic proportions. Non-stop, action
SOMDReigel
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
That Night is the continuation of Nadiras story and has twists and turns, more demons, and explores magic. Filled with a lot of emotions as Nadira tries to fit into this new world she finds herself in and her new role in it, or lack of one. That Night is a heavier story than book 1, This Time. We get to see more of Nadiras personality as she experiences doubts, suspicions, anxiety, depression, and daily struggles. Written vividly, the series has kept me riveted throughout. I really liked that ...more
Marie Fraser
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the first chapter of this book then stopped to read book one first. Im glad I did and would highly advise you read the books in order. I loved this book. It was well written and the story and characters were well developed. I loved the character dynamics and their individual personalities. The story was action packed, full of twists and turns and contained lots of emotion, suspense, intrigue and hot chemistry. I would highly recommend this book!! I cant wait for the story to continue in ...more
Frances Satterfield
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great second book for a new to me author. She pulled me in to this world with the first book and i loved it. This book has everything that I look for in my books.I truly loved the action, romance and the amazing world that the author created. This second book shows us more about the world and the characters in it. I recommend this as a great Fantasy read. Happy Reading!

Books 2 Blog
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sensational sequel

Yes! Very rarely do the sequels become as good as the first, but in this case I must say it topped it. I felt all the different emotions Nadira experienced. The heartbreak, the lies, even after losing everything including herself, she didnt break. I saw perfectly why she made the choices she did. There were a lot of twists, turns and wow I didnt see that coming. I cant wait to see what happens next! That ending had me yelling not yet first answer my questions!!

B2B Sandra
Amber  Christiansen
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Riveting story

This book had a lot of emotional highs that kept me wanting to keep reading. Nadira and Roquelle are both interesting POV characters who I like for different reasons (even though Roquelle is evil, I'm hopeful that she'll grow into a good demon). The end came way too soon and left me hungry for more. I really hope the wait for the next book is short.
Angelina Kerner
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Nadira Holden series. A fun read. From book 1 we know that Nadira has been dead for a while and was resurrected into a world she doesn't recognize. Many things changed. It's great reading how she copes with the changes and what she learns about herself in the process. There's love and pain. There's fighting for her life and then there's depression. Can make a reader feel sad and excited.

For 18+ because of sexual scenes
J.L. Park
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting story, that furthers our knowledge of Nadira and what .makes her tick, as well as the world of demons. I enjoyed this read - I've been looking forward to getting to it.
If you haven't read Azaaa's first book in this series - you need to so you can enjoy book 2 as much as I did.
Katara Johnson
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2

I love how Nadira is becoming more powerful and learning how to deal with the many complications in her life ! Cant wait for book 3!
Annalisa
I loved this book. I couldnt put it down until i finished it. I likedit better than the first one. That being said... I cannot wait to read the next one.
Staci
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action, adventure and debauchery Oh my!

So many different levels of story happening at once. Definitely need to concentrate to catch them all. May actually read again later to catch full volume of storyline. Which I very rarely do.
V
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Why I chose this book:
After This Time, I was eager to read the sequel. A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Review
That Night picks up right after the end of This Time. Nadira is struggling to find her place as a demon hunter in the modern world where demon hunting is now illegal. She continues to compete with the succubus Roquelle for control of her body. Nadira is uncertain of her emotional relationship with the Demon Duke of New England, but enters into a
Mikyba
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book more, but I liked this book as well. A LOT happened in the last chapter and I was not ready for the cliff hanger! I can't wait for the next installment! Loving this series!!!
Myriam
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: azaaa-davis
The author continues telling Nadira's amazing story. And there is so much to tell. The trauma, the doubts, the suspicions, the inability to fit in combined with a lack of will by her loved ones to accept her, the anxiety, the depression, the pain... so much. There is so much for Nadira to deal with and the author delves deep into Nadira's personality.
This book has a slightly different tone for the most part, due to Nadira's difficulties to deal with the real world, her indoctrination as a demon
Azaaa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-novels
Hi!

This is an open letter to my readers (both new and returning).

As you may know, That Night is the continuation of Nadiras story and it takes some surprising twists and turns.

Its a heavier story, emotion-driven, and will leave you thinking about self-worth, inner demons, and forgiveness.

Your favorite characters are back and many new characters are introduced.

For those craving a little more insight into Nadiras world, magic and demons are explored more fully.

I hope you like the new
Bethany Hoeflich
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Azaaa Davis continues to impress in this sequel. I expected an enjoyable read, and I got that plus nonstop action, sizzling romance, and a deeper understanding of the world she's created.

Nadira, now retired from demon hunting, wants nothing more than to get a normal, ordinary job away from demons and monsters and move on with her life. Of course, there's just one little problem.

The succubus she's soul-bonded to.

And the succubus is no longer happy sharing a body--she wants it all for herself.
Margarita Rose
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Engaging characters. Keeps you awake and unable to put down. Spent entire night reading. I tried to put it down to get some sleep but I wanted to keep reading. Wow just Wow!

Michelle Rascon

• Chi-Town Bosses & The Women That Love Em 4
  • Chi-Town Bosses & The Women That Love Em 2
  • Chi-Town Bosses & The Women That Love Em
  • In Her Neighbor's Bed
  • Claiming What's Mine (Sexy Simmons Series Book 2)
  • The Unique Allies
  • Thick: And Other Essays
  • Trial by Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #1)
  • Living in Color: What's Funny about Me
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
  • The Wonders of Summer
  • Like One of the Family: Conversations from a Domestic's Life
  • Old Poems For Sale
  • B Is for Breathe: The ABCs of Coping with Fussy and Frustrating Feelings
  • Hit & Run (PASS #1)
  • Psychic Undercover (With The Undead) (The SDF Paranormal Mysteries, #1)
  • I'm Not A Dragon's Mate! (Avaleigh's Boys #1)
Azaaa Davis is an American author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance novels.

She fell in love with reading as a high school freshman and continues to read, write, and draw today. Her background in social work helps her portray realistic characters in otherworldly--and sometimes terrifying--situations. A New York native, Azaaa currently lives in New Hampshire (USA) with her husband and

Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter (2 books)
  • This Time