Start by marking “Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)

Get a Life, Chloe Brown

(The Brown Sisters #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  42,387 ratings  ·  8,383 reviews
Chloe Brown is a chronically ill computer geek with a goal, a plan, and a list. After almost—but not quite—dying, she’s come up with seven directives to help her “Get a Life”, and she’s already completed the first: finally moving out of her glamorous family’s mansion. The next items?

• Enjoy a drunken night out.
• Ride a motorcycle.
• Go camping.
• Have meaningless but thoroug
Published November 5th 2019 by Avon

Win a Copy of This Book

• Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
    Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)

Release date: Nov 05, 2019
    A witty, hilarious romantic comedy about a woman who’s tired of being “boring” and recruits her mysterious, sexy neighbor to help her experience new t ...more

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 4810 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 15 - Nov 30, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Get a Life, Chloe Brown, please sign up.
    Ayoola I find this to be an odd question, considering that this book is an adult romance novel, and explicit sexual content is a common (though admittedly no…moreI find this to be an odd question, considering that this book is an adult romance novel, and explicit sexual content is a common (though admittedly not ubiquitous) feature of adult romance novels. I think that would be similar to taking umbrage with a science fiction book taking place in the future. Do all scifi books take place in the future? No, but it's a common enough feature that it would be strange to find fault with that. If that isn't what you wanted to read about, why would you choose something in that genre?(less)
    Megan (bookstorebinge) As someone from the UK, I would say it is an American import and only seems to have gained popularity in more recent year. I think it part this is due…moreAs someone from the UK, I would say it is an American import and only seems to have gained popularity in more recent year. I think it part this is due to campfires being less common here (although I do say this as someone who doesn't really camp so I could be very wrong). Toasting marshmallows has been common, but we would not ordinarily put it between two biscuits (graham crackers?) with chocolate. (less)

·  42,387 ratings  ·  8,383 reviews

Start your review of Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
    Kat
    Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    oh my god, this is a romance i do indeed fuck with

i really liked it, like, REALLY liked it. (like like like like) and i think we all know that romance isn't usually my jam, i am always skeptical to dip my toes in the steamy waters, soooooo this was a whole ass Win for me (and i will possibly never shut up about it)

let me list all the things i liked,,,,pls i've got to get it out somewhere *clears throat*

- wonderfully relatable mc in chloe brown. a relief for my romantically inept, introverted so
    chai ♡
    I used to think that 20/22 years old people were adults with a job and a house of their own…and here I am reading romance to fill the void inside my heart.
    Regan
    Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    So CUTE so PURE
    Cindy
    Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This book was so cute and sweet (and steamy)! I enjoyed the banter, smut, and the love interest being so unabashedly in love with the protagonist. I also enjoyed seeing how tender and attentive he was to her chronic condition. My main complaint is that the conflict in the last 1/3 of the book seemed to have come out of nowhere; from there, it started feeling pretty rushed and contrived. I appreciate that the characters ended up communicating and owning up to their issues, but the conflict in the ...more
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Upgraded review: this book is a real gem and I wish it got nomination from best romance category. Because in my opinion this is one of the surprising, emotional, humorous, smart, remarkable books of the year!!!

Wow 4.25, I wasn’t expecting to like this book so much, I was so ready to have an easy peasy cheesy rom-com reading but I got: emotions are everywhere, heart wrecking second chances of traumatized, struggling two beautiful soul’s story and I adored, devoured, savored and finally found my j
    Zoë
    Are! You! Kidding! Me!
    This was so cute I actually started tearing up–multiple times. I cannot get over how healthy the pairing was! Each character developed through motivation from their partner AND themselves to be their best self. Pass me the tissue, I can’t handle such beauty.
    I will say that I wasn’t wild about the climax (or relative lack thereof). But, then again, I felt this book and Chloe & Red’s relationship was too solid for unnecessary ~drama~.
    This will 100% be a re-read in the future.
    chan ☆
    perhaps my subscribers DO know me
    Roxane
    Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Charming romance novel involving a woman with chronic pain and an attitude to mask it and her building’s super, a giant man with long flowing red hair and a tender, wounded heart. Well written, great banter, sexy vibes. Refreshing to see a romance novel about people with real problems while also including all the things we love about romance novels. Took way too long to get to the sex! Just way too long.
    Chelsea Humphrey
    BOTM pick for November 2019!

I've been extremely generous with my 5 star ratings recently, but Talia Hibbert is an author that truly earns every freaking star she receives. She's a national treasure and we do not deserve her, folks. If you enjoy meaningful romances that are as diverse as they are steamy, please do yourself a favor and pick this one up. Dani's story is next in the trilogy, and you bet I'm waiting on pins and needles for it to be released. *FYI, this book does contain graphic sexua
    destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
    #1 Get a Life, Chloe Brown ★★★★★
    #2 Take a Hint, Dani Brown ★★★★★
    #3 Act Your Age, Eve Brown

"Choke, Redford. Just choke."
    He seemed to adore her more every second.

This is such a hard review for me to write, not because I'm upset about what to say, but the opposite: because it was so damn good that I just want to screech incoherently until you ALL go buy it immediately and shove your faces into this incredible, hilarious, swoon-worthy, steamy, gorgeous, complex little rom-com. ♥ It's genuinely eve
    Warda
    This story is literal happiness.

————————

99 pennies on kindle, lads! ✌🏾

————————

This turned my guarded-mushy heart into a puddle. This book attacked me defences, destroyed my emotions and left me with a stupid, lopsided grin on my face and tears casually strolling down my cheeks.
    I don’t even know who I am anymore.

I knew half-way through reading this book that I would re-visit this story again and it would be infinitely better the second time round, and the third, etc.

What I love about Talia Hib
    Chloe
    Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    THIS WAS TRULY EVERYTHING AHHHH
    Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
    This was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I am SO happy to report that I loved it just as much as I was hoping I would. Chloe was so strong and smart and hilarious and Red was so swooney and kind and loving and MY HEART IS SO FULL. If you want to read a romance that is equal parts sexy and swooney, look no further. PLUS THERE IS A CAT WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT
    emma
    yes, i posted this review on my blog almost a year after reading it, and yes, i am still thinking about oreos: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...

-------------

This is the book equivalent of a Double Stuf Oreo. (This is not a typo - for reasons unknowable, the frosting-like contents of an Oreo are branded as “stuf.” With one F. Which somehow makes the already-gross idea of ingesting something as vaguely and euphemistically named as “stuff” even grosser.)

Anyway, it takes an already good thing
    Danielle
    Caution: rated R... or X.... or NC17.....

I finished this book yesterday and have been putting off reviewing it. 😬I really wanted to love this book. It’s been all over my feed for months! And all of my friends raved in their reviews about it. I guess the hype built it up too much for me? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll start with the flirty banter. I loved the interactions between these two, before they got physical. The email banter was adorable. The scene with the cat in the tree was laugh out loud funny. 🤣😂 But th
    Dita
    Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: audiobook
    Cutest ever and you guys know I hate my ass a cute book.
    Samantha
    Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: romance
    tw: recovering from an abusive relationship

This book was a delight. Hate-to-love with lots of banter and a sort of opposites attract. The chronic illness rep was amazing. While I myself do not have a chronic illness, my best friend does and we talk about how that effects daily life. The entire time I was reading this all I could think of is "she has to read this!"

What I especially loved about the relationship is encapsulated by this line: "I need you. I'm desperate for you. I'm something without
    Riley
    Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: romance
    3.5
    firstly this was some of the best chronic illness rep I have ever read and parts of it made me really emotional. i really loved chloe and red a lot as individuals but for some reason I wasn't super connected to or feeling their romance. it was still a good book and as always i love talia hibbert's writing but this wasn't my fave of hers
    preoccupiedbybooks
    Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019
    A wonderful, sweet and sexy tale of enemies to lovers, but also an emotional story about healing 😍

I loved this book soooo much! This was hands down my favourite romance book of the year so far! I had already read, and loved A Girl Like Her by Talia Hibbert, so I was so excited to get an ARC of Get a Life, Chloe Brown. I love the diversity in this author's books, but also the unexpected emotional depth. I must also mention the author's note at the start. She actually included a trigger warning fo
    Cristina Monica
    I am pleased to say that this started out wonderfully and displeased to announce that it progressively turned into a typical romance with typical scenarios and typical conversation. Bummer!
    Larry H
    Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4.5 stars.

Get a Life, Chloe Brown is a rom-com that really made me think. (Plus: super steamy.)

Chloe Brown is feisty and independent, but the chronic pain of her fibromyalgia leaves her choosing the safe path more often than not, and she doesn't let people help her for fear she’ll be a burden.

"She hadn't always been like this, a tongue with the tip bitten off, her feelings squashed into a box. But help and concern, even from the people she loved—even when she needed it—had a way of grating.
    peachygirl
    Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: read-in-2020
    Can I get more of the world's most adorable ginger ironically named Red? I don't think 370 pages were enough.
    Paromjit
    This is a lovely rom-com by Talia Hibbert, set in Nottinghamshire featuring IT website designing geek, Chloe Brown, whose life was ripped apart 10 years ago when she suffered a debilitating bout of pneumonia, which left her so weak and exposed further health issues. She suffers from chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, an invisible disability that affects every aspect of her life, leaving her dependent on a mass of daily medications. She has good days and bad days, often breathless, easily tired, often n ...more
    Kevin (Irish Reader)

I absolutely loved this book so much. Chloe Brown as a character was one of my favorite parts of the book; I found her to be so funny and loved her sarcasm so much. I also really enjoyed Red as a character too and particularly loved his scene when he explains his past. The characters both just felt so well developed in my opinion. The romance was also adorable and I shipped them so much! The only reason it’s not the full 5 stars for me is because during the steamy scenes, two particular
    Whitney Atkinson
    Thanks to Avon for the advanced review copy!

This book struck the perfect balance between feel-good and meaningful. At the same time that there were important discussions about chronic pain and abusive relationships, it was also so damn cute and fun and lighthearted. I loved Chloe and Red's banter and the way that they supported one another, and this book was so addicting that I read it practically in two sittings--which is rare for me nowadays. It definitely held up to my expectations.

The one p
    mina reads™️
    3.5
    Man...their final argument before the whole epic grovel was soooo unnecessary. But this book had some great representation, funny quips, steamy goodness and some truly adorable moments.

Anyway, please Miss Hibbert give us the story of Gigi and Shivani.
    Gabby
    This was so freaking cute. This was the first book I finished for Romanceathon and I can't get over how cute this book is. Chloe Brown is such a sarcastic, hilarious character and I feel like there's so much important representation within her character because she's British, she's Black and she has a chronic illness that gives her chronic pain, which I don't think I've ever read about a character in a romance who suffers from chronic pain.

Talia Hibbert's writing is such a breath of fresh air an
    EmBibliophile
    Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 5-stars
    5 stars ‘Button’ stars

This was my first Talia Hibbert book and I’m in love!! This was such a really sweet sexy romance with the exact perfect dose of humor.

I loved everything about this book;
    •The banter between the characters made me feel so happy. Is it bad that I want someone to banter with? Because I do and I hope that it doesn’t make me a bad person, lol. I was smiling like a fool whenever these two start to banter. They were so adorable.

•Chloe is an amazing character. I loved her and how s
    myo 🍒 (myonna reads)
    Okay, it’s nearly 5am and i just finished this book, this isn’t my first Talia Hibbert book but this is the first that i’ve rated 5 stars. I absolutely loved this book, it had enemies to lovers excellence! Also let’s talk about the amazing family dynamics and friendship dynamics that this book shows. I knew when reading this i would love it just by how well her relationship with her family was shown, most of my favorite books have the best family relationships. The smut scenes were so steamy tha ...more
    Kelly (and the Book Boar)
    Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

My face when I saw the rating for this one . . . . .

Oh I was so looking forward to it. Sadly . . . . . .

Coincidentally, Chloe herself was a bit of a Debbie Downer. Not to mention . . . .

I love when what should theoretically be simple romcoms tackle larger issues as the case was here with the leading lady suffering from chronic pain due to fibromyalgia and the leading male dealing with . . . something else that I’m not goi

• Beach Read
    • The Worst Best Man
    • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
    • The Earl's Christmas Pearl (Duke's Daughters, #4.5)
    • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
    • Ten Things My Cat Hates About You
    • One to Watch
    • You Had Me at Hola
    • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
    • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
    • Only Mostly Devastated
    • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
    • The Love Solution
    • Pretty Things
    • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
    • Legacy of Fear
    • Loving the Mountain Man (Love at Last #3)
    • All-American Muslim Girl
    Talia Hibbert is a USA Today bestselliing author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. She also

The Brown Sisters (3 books)
    • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
    • Act Your Age, Eve Brown (The Brown Sisters, #3)

Articles featuring this book

While books about anti-racism are trending on Goodreads and dominating the bestseller lists right now, some of our favorite Black authors are...
    “So I’m doing it for you because that’s how people should behave; they should fill in each other’s gaps.” 35 likes
    “Bravery wasn't an identity, so much as a choice.” 29 likes