Start by marking “The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)

The Major's Daughter

(Fort Reno #3)

Caroline Adams returns to Indian Territory craving adventure after tiring of society life. When she comes across swaggering outlaw Frisco Smith, his dreams to obtain a piece of property on the Unassigned Lands are very persuasive. When the gun sounds, they find themselves battling over a claim--and both dig in their heels.
Published December 3rd 2019 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Major's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Major's Daughter

Start your review of The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)
Sarah Sundin
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Regina Jennings has given us a fun romp of a story, backed by fascinating history of a chaotic and exciting time in America. The vulnerability behind Frisco’s roguish exterior and the grit behind Caroline’s polished veneer make you care deeply for both of them – and cheer on their romance. Oh yes – and a goat named Bucky. The Major’s Daughter is another winner!
Loraine
Although I have not read the first two books in this series, this read well as a stand-alone book; and I will most certainly go back and read the first two to find out the back story. The characters were unique and interesting with some good and some bad. The premise of the story is the Oklahoma land rush filled with those who so wanted a new start in life with land of their own. The problem, though, was the boomer sooners: those people who sneaked into the Oklahoma territory ahead of the ...more
Paula Shreckhise
The Major’s Daughter is the third book in the Fort Reno series by Regina Jennings. It is best to read all three books in order but I enjoyed reading this book by itself. I hope to read the first two soon.
Caroline Adams is returning to the Fort that her father, the Major commands after being in society in Galveston. She and her friend Amber decide to take a chance on the land run to stake a claim of their own in the Oklahoma Territory. It was fun to virtually be on the front lines to see how the
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This was a fun heartfelt story about people starting life after a land rush.
There were ups and downs in this with friends, family and romance.
I did enjoy this. If you like historical, clean romance then you’ll enjoy this.

This was a NETGALLEY gift and all opinions are my own.
Cara Putman
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Regina Jenning's writing. She writes in a vein similar to Karen Witemeyer. Both women guarantee a Western historical romance with heart and laughter. I know when I open one of Regina's books, I'll be able to relax into a story that will make me smile and leave me with a good feeling even as there's a light mystery of some sort and tension to keep the story moving.The Major's Daughteris not exception. I've been waiting for Caroline's story and I have to admit I was surprised by it, even ...more
Rachel Scott
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Major’s Daughter by Regina Jennings is a fabulous conclusion to the Fort Reno Series. I’ve been following this series since book one, and each story—while able to be read as standalones—complimented each other in a charming way. I loved coming to know the characters and returning to Fort Reno for this series finale was almost like a reunion for me.

I’ve always been a fan of this author’s storytelling, and this novel was engaging from start to finish. First of all, I adore a strong heroine,
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
What a super fun book!

Caroline Adams is all grown up and branching out on her own in The Major’s Daughter, the final installment in the Fort Reno Series by Regina Jennings. Caroline has been a strong voice in this series and I was so happy to read her story! I do recommend this series be read in order to fully appreciate each vibrant character’s backstory.

The historical details of the 1889 Oklahoma Land Rush were really interesting to read about. The tensions were high and the story exciting
Brittany
The Major’s Daughter was an exciting wrap up to the Fort Reno series, yet I believe that readers could easily pick this novel up and enjoy it even if they have not read the previous books.

I enjoyed seeing the heart of the man that Frisco was. The way he worked to further truth and justice was admirable, as was the way he treated Caroline, even as they both wanted to claim the same homestead.

That Caroline! At first she really frustrated me with her stubbornness, fully knowing all of the work that
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
The Oklahoma land run garnered much attention and has many stories of treachery and heroism. The true historical tidbits added an extra layer of realism to this story. It invites the reader to not just read about historical events, but to be a part of the unfolding drama and action!

With vivacious characters, and a simmering friend-to-more love story is one I especially enjoyed. Both Caroline and Frisco wanted to prove to themselves and to others that they were more than first meets the eye, that
Becky Lewis
Regina Jennings tells us the story of the land rush in Oklahoma when the territory was opened to homesteaders. Jennings’s main players in The Major’s Daughter are Caroline, born to privilege and respect; and Frisco Smith, who comes from an orphanage but gains respect through his lobbying for land for the common man.
I gained respect for so many people as I read this book. For the Indians, who had been driven off their land, and made many false promises. For those men like Frisco, opportunists,
Kailey
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely my favorite out of this whole series. I loved reading Caroline’s story now that she has grown up. She’s so feisty. I really liked reading more about Frisco too. I loved the chemistry between them. The land run and the excitement of it was so contagious to me even as a reader. I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Lynda Edwards
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Concluding the Fort Reno series, The Major’s Daughter completes Caroline’s story of growing up and discovering her own path in life. After years of chafing under the control of others, the Oklahoma territory’s land rush might just be what she needs to make her own way and become a woman of independence. But her success means another’s failure, and the stakes are simply too high for either of them to be willing to let go.

Frisco had it all planned out, but he never anticipated Caroline’s return
Suzie Waltner
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The final book in the Fort Reno series hits all the right targets. The Major’s Daughter is a history lesson, romance, and comedy all rolled into one wonderful read.

I loved that Regina Jennings brings two characters readers met in the first book in the series to the forefront. Caroline and Frisco have matured, and we get to discover the people the ensuing years have shaped them into.

Caroline has gone from the entitled and spoiled major’s daughter to a woman who longs to forge her own path. She’s
Andrea
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The great race to claim then settle the land.
I loved this story! I felt like I was there, watching everything unfold. The details were so clear and the characters so real. Surprise runners, corruption, and unconventional romance, this story has it all!
Caroline and Frisco, each one longing for something more, independence and a place to belong. I loved the determination in homesteading Caroline shows. I would not have imagined it from the girl we first met in Holding the Fort. Her stubbornness,
MJSH
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Regina Jennings does it again! The Major's Daughter is such an enjoyable historical fiction set in 1889 Oklahoma Territory during the Land Run made possible by the Homestead Act. Though it's book 3 in the Fort Reno series, it can be read as a stand alone. I'm sure that those readers who have been following this series will be delighted to revisit the Adams family from the first book, especially now that the Adams' eldest daughter is all grown up and commandeering her own land. The author's ...more
Lucy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What’s not to love about this one....from the historical aspect of the land run to the hilarity to the romance. It had me from the get go. I was so glad Caroline has her own story and is a more grown up version of her younger self found in the first book of the series. Throw in Frisco and learning more of his growing up years and you have a story full of spunk, sassiness, laugh out loud moments. You just can’t go wrong with a Regina Jennings book as it is entertainment to the max. I would ...more
Kathryn Voss
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Major’s Daughter by Regina Jennings was the perfect closure to my Christmas break. I read this book in 2 days, and was enthralled every step of the way. This third installment of Jennings’s Fort Reno series is, in my opinion, the best yet. Featuring all the characters we have come to know and love over the course of this trilogy, Jennings wraps all the loose ends up with her hallmark fast paced plot, intriguing historical quirks, and enough tension to keep those pages turning.

I particularly
Maureen Timerman
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I enjoyed this story, and could just picture these people at the line waiting to cross to a new life, and the race and for some disappointment. Then there were the cheaters, and thus we have a story!
I loved how the author used a primitive [in today’s standards] to prove that some were not honest, but you will have to read this to find out how.
There is a bit of romance, storms, and compassion here, and all for a better life. When the character of Frisco is introduced, I found myself disliking
Rachael
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
From my daughter Abby Merritt:

The Major’s daughter is a good read. The historical setting being the Oklahoma Land Run was well done and was my favorite part of the story. Oklahoma is finally being settled and treated as a state. ( I was born in Oklahoma, and I lived there seven years). The plot of who and how a town was settled was very good.

Frisco was an easy going person who only wanted a home. Caroline was a determined woman who didn’t want to live in her father’s fort. These characters were
Karen R
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this latest book in the Fort Reno series. Hope it isn't the last. (Daisy deserves a story of her own, right?) Interesting bit of history with the Land Rush, followed by the hard beginnings of homesteads and towns from scratch. The characters grew on me. I liked them a lot more as the story went on. They transform into better people through their experiences. Seemed to both start out rather self centered and manipulative. Their banter was a lot of fun to read. Head to head verbal ...more
A.M. Heath
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What I Loved: Jennings has quickly become a trusted favorite author. I know whether I pick up a novella or a novel, I'm about to be treated to endearing characters, a lively western setting, and a sweet romance. The Major's Daughter was just one more chance to enjoy the work of Regina Jennings.
I loved stepping back to Fort Reno with these characters. They certainly know how to paint themselves into some messy corners.
The historical angle was a real treat. This land rush was a new topic for me
Kristine Morgan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Regina Jennings always tells a good story and The Major's Daughter is no exception. I loved every word of this book. Frisco and Caroline have been friends for years, now they are in direct competition for a piece of land. I enjoyed the fast-moving plot with a few plot twists thrown in to keep me guessing. I would suggest that readers read the first two books in the series before reading The Major's Daughter. My only regret is that this is the last book about the Adams family. So grab a mug of ...more
Rebecca
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
"To the outsider it might look like he was always hunting for adventure, but really he was searching for home."

And Frisco Smith was certain that he had found it. After years of scouting out property in the Unassigned Lands of Oklahoma, the mere sound of a gun was going to make it legal to claim some of his very own; his grand dream of forming the town of Redhawk was at his fingertips . . . until a red headed major's daughter beat him to it. The little minx had somehow managed to
Jodi
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Major's Daughter is the third book in the Fort Reno series. I know for a fact that it can be enjoyed as a stand alone novel since it is the only book in this series that I have read and I loved it!
This story is centered around the Oklahoma Land Rush of 1893 and the weeks following as the new claim owners start new lives on their land. The beginning of the novel and the excitement of the rush brought me to back years ago when I watched the movie Far and Away. This novel is as thrilling as the
Erin
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline Adams returns to Indian Territory after a few years at finishing school. She never quite fit in with society in Galveston, and now she sticks out at Fort Reno. Determined to make her own way in the world, Caroline decides to take part in the Land Run on April 22, 1889. Having grown up in the Unassigned Lands, she knows better than most what to look for in a claim.

A debonair boomer turned lawyer, Frisco Smith is ready to settle down. All his life he's been searching for home. This Land
Alissa
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a non-stop adventure full of romance and history, then look no further than The Major’s Daughter by Regina Jennings! This book is a page-turner that is hard to put down! Following the adventures of Caroline and Frisco as they stake their claims in the newly available Oklahoma Territory in 1889, this story has you on the edge of your seat multiple times. Our hero and heroine search for new opportunity in the newly accessible lands within the Oklahoma Territory, but must ...more
Kai
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
description

Frisco Smith is intelligent and seems tough on the outside. On the inside, however, he is still the scared little abandoned boy. Not only is he still grieving, but he believes that people don’t ever stick around. He wants to build his own town so that he is surrounded by people that won’t leave.

Caroline Adams wants to make a mark of her own as more than just the major’s daughter. She thinks a boarding house on her own 160 acres will do that.

When Caroline claims Frisco’s land, he is torn between
Phyllis
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great historical romance!

My rating is 4.5 stars

What a delightful story!

I have been loving these Fort Reno books. They are my favorite kind of historicals - those that are jam-packed with historical facts surrounded by an engaging romance.

I've seen movies about the Oklahoma Land Rush and have been fascinated seeing the motivations of the various participants. But most end with the claiming of the land. The Major's Daughter depicts the race itself and goes far beyond to the establishing of the
Rosanne Lortz
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Caroline, the daugher of Major Adams, returns to the fort after her sojourn in high society, she finds that while she was too colloquial for Galveston she's now considered too prim and proper for the prairie. Determined to find her own way in the world, she joins the hordes of people waiting to cross the boundary line and stake a claim in the Unassigned Lands. But when she sets her eyes on the same piece of property that the charming rascal Frisco Smith wants, a fierce competition ensues.

Randi Sampson
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Major's Daugher is book number three in Regina Jennings The Fort Reno series. While it's always good to read a series in order, this can be read as a standalone as well. I had not personally read the previous books in the series, and I must admit I didn't even realize it was part of a series until I sat down to write this review. I didn't feel as though I was missing anything at all.

If you enjoy a historical fiction with a headstrong female lead, you are certain to fall in love with
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Bridge to Belle Island
  • Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
  • Yours Truly, Thomas
  • The Thief of Lanwyn Manor (Cornwall, #2)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
Regina Jennings is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University with a degree in English and a history minor. She has worked at The Mustang News and First Baptist Church of Mustang, along with time at the Oklahoma National Stockyards and various livestock shows. She now lives outside Oklahoma City with her husband and four children.

Fort Reno (3 books)
  • Holding the Fort (Fort Reno, #1)
  • The Lieutenant's Bargain (Fort Reno, #2)