Start by marking “Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way” as Want to Read:
Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way

Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way

Let Dani Banani of the popular Etsy shop FunUsual Suspects show you how to make 50 kawaii creations out of inexpensive and easy-to-find polymer clay. Kawaii—the culture of cuteness, originating in Japan—is everywhere, and it’s time to join the cuteness revolution with these amazingly fun projects.

Just follow the simple step-by-step photos and instructions to create darling
Published November 26th 2019 by Rock Point

To ask other readers questions about Crafting Cute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crafting Cute

Start your review of Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

Crafting Cute by Danielle Clark (Dani Banani) is such a fun introduction to the world of Kawaii and polymer clay. The instructions are clear and the equipment is easy to obtain. Also, alongside the steps are super cute images to help inspire your designs.

This book’s focus is really all about crafting cute clay figurines, so there is not much as far as a table of contents goes. The author gives a brief introduction about herself and how she got her start working
Natalie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book is cuteness overload and I absolutely love it! There are so many different things to make with polyma clay and the instructions are easy to follow and set out clearly. I really need to go shopping and get all the equipment I need for making these absolutely adorable animals.
My daughter is excited about this book and really wants to make some too.
This book would make a fantastic gift for
Jennifer Verri
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing step by step guide to making some of the cutest figures and charms. I had a blast learning how to form the clay into all these amazing shapes. Watching them form in front of your eyes is a pleasure you have to live to believe. Loved this book.
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I thought this book was so useful, so well presented and designed, it skips the usual million pages of what you need (yes essentials covered but essentials !)full of great ideas that you will actually want to make and great to gift. This is colourful and written well, with plain English and no complex instructions. Great guide.
Annie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog Nonstop Reader.

Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way is a tutorial and project guide for polymer clay by Danielle Clark (Dani Banani). Due out 26th Nov 2019 from Quarto on their Rock Point imprint, it's 144 pages and will be available in paperback format.

The book includes an artist's statement and introduction - her writing is upbeat, accessible, and positive. The intro (which includes a pretty good tutorial covering tools and materials) represents about 9%
Pam Sartain
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Are you having a last minute Christmas panic about what to give someone? This book has lots of lovely ideas of things to make!

There's plant pots, ornaments, little cute things and jewellery holder, all with great instructions!

If you want to get an idea of what you can make, and what the instructions look like, have a look on Amazon, as they show you inside the book!

I've always been envious of people who can make these things in such small scale, but having seen how this is done, I feel like it
Alexis
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is adorable! I like that it has projects included besides the usual necklace or earring ideas, that seem relatively easy to take on. I don't know if I would personally use polymer clay to make a soap dish, but a pin holder, candle holder, or air plant holder seem incredibly practical. I have some moderate skill with clay, but most of the projects felt within my capabilities, and not too hard. Some projects like the octopus jewellery holder seemed a bit more complicated, and maybe ...more
Erin
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
So...much...cuteness!

Dani Banani offers this book full of Kawaii-inspired polymer clay creations. (Did you know Kawaii means cute in Japanese?). I'm a newbie at polymer clay, but these instructions are aimed at beginners (experts will enjoy the ideas and probably have their own special twists to add!). It would be easy to get overwhelmed with a book like this, but step-by-step instructions and photos help you along to the finished project. The most difficult part...deciding which project to try
Andrea
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is called Crafting Cute for a reason, that is exactly as it name implies, it is simply clear, step-by-step instructions to the cutest models to create using polymer clay. Whilst I've dabbled with modelling and other crafts before, I've not done so for many years, but this book reminded me why I need to be doing so more often.

Many thanks to Netgalley and TBC for a copy of this ARC for which I have given my voluntary and unbiased review.
Christine
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Crafting cute is an adorable step-by-step guide to creating adorable polymer clay creations. Each page is dedicated to a craft and contains detailed instructions on how to create that item. It looks simple enough for beginners to do and gives you a list of all the materials and tools you need. I am a librarian who runs crafts and maker programs and this looks very fun and simple to teach! I would recommend to others! Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Witch-at-Heart
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun!!! Every project is simple and adorable. The instructions are easy to follow and this would be a fantastic gift for artistic young girls. I plan to get a few as gifts for the young artists in my life. Absolutely loved this one. I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
Nessa
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this ARC! I even went out and bought the book and clay. I also asked our library to purchase. Great illustrations and way to start a new hobby. Definitely recommend for those looking for something new to do during the winter.
Kimberly
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, the crafts in this book are darling and so much fun to do with kids! My daughters enjoy making fun things like this and it’s a great way to spend some quality time with them.
Chris
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning!! Cuteness overload!!!

This is a great book.with cute projects and easy to follow instructions.
Andrea Wright
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
So I need some clay stat!!! This has the best ideas to make for gifts and just for fun. I love Kawaii and never would have thought about using clay to make stuff at home. I need this book at home!
Lydia Timpson
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After 2 pages (ONLY TWO PAGES PEOPLE, THIS IS HOW IT’S DONE) of materials. She gets right into the cute making of a pineapple charm. She tells you the dimensions and which exact colour to use to get the same effect as her and gives you a little box of possible alternatives for your charms e.g. make two to use as earrings, change the colours and the facial expression.

Each of the creations is very kawaii and look really simple to make. She has given a great deal of thought into which photographs
 Crystal
Jan 02, 2020
Kate
added it
Jan 06, 2020

• Creative Journaling: A Guide to Over 100 Techniques and Ideas for Amazing Dot Grid, Junk, Mixed Media, and Travel Pages
  • Ultimate Slime Extreme Edition: 100 New Recipes and Projects for Oddly Satisfying, Borax-Free Slime -- DIY Cloud Slime, Kawaii Slime, Hybrid Slimes, and More!
  • How to Embroider Almost Everything: A Sourcebook of 500+ Modern Motifs + Easy Stitch Tutorials—Learn to Draw with Thread!
  • The Draw Any Animal Book: Over 150 Simple Step-by-Step Drawing Sequences for Every Kind of Creature
  • The Big Brain Teasers Book for Kids: Boredom Busting Math, Picture and Logic Puzzles (Woo! Jr. Kids Activities Books)
  • The Art of Watercolor Lettering: A Beginner's Step-by-Step Guide to Painting Modern Calligraphy and Lettered Art
  • Draw Like an Artist: 100 Realistic Animals: Step-by-Step Realistic Line Drawing  **A Sourcebook for Aspiring Artists and Designers
  • The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook: Kid-Friendly, Plant-Based Recipes [Go Meatless One Day a Week—or Every Day!]
  • Moments of Peace for Moms: 365 Daily Devotions from Our Daily Bread
  • The Ultimate Fluid Pouring & Painting Project Book: Inspiration and Techniques for using Alcohol Inks, Acrylics, Resin, and more; Create colorful paintings, resin coasters, agate slices, vases, vessels & more
  • Inspired Artist: Draw Every Little Thing: Learn to draw more than 100 everyday items, from food to fashion
  • The Secret Garden Cookbook, Newly Revised Edition: Inspiring Recipes from the Magical World of Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden
  • Modern Colored Pencil: A playful and contemporary exploration of colored pencil drawing - Includes 75+ Projects and Techniques
  • Wonder Art Workshop: Creative Child-Led Experiences for Nurturing Imagination, Curiosity, and a Love of Learning
  • Lettering for Absolute Beginners: Using Faux Calligraphy to Create Simple Versatile Projects
  • Wild Art Workshop for Kids: A Kid's Guide to Making Supplies and Art from Nature
  • Unicorn Training