Start by marking “10-Minute Declutter: Hundreds of Tips to Organize Every Room of Your House” as Want to Read:
10-Minute Declutter: Hundreds of Tips to Organize Every Room of Your House

10-Minute Declutter: Hundreds of Tips to Organize Every Room of Your House

Is clutter controlling you? You need this feng shui cure to declutter your space and transform your life!

If you think clutter is a fact of life, think again. Feng shui, the ancient Chinese art of placement, can help you organize every aspect of your life, both at home and in the office. With the simple tips and tricks in this book, you can learn the secrets of this age-old clutter elimin
Published September 17th 2019 by Fair Winds Press

To ask other readers questions about 10-Minute Declutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10-Minute Declutter

Sumit RK
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
10-Minute Declutter aims to combine Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese art of placement with other simple tips and tricks to help you organize every aspect of your life, both at home and in the office. It also claims to eliminate bad habits, develop new and better ones, and attract the new luck, love, and harmony that accompany a well-managed life.

Separated into two parts, the first concentrates on understanding Feng Shui in your life and talks about the effect that clutter has on all areas of your life. Th
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I really wish I'd realized why this author's name was familiar to me before I took on this review copy. If I had, I surely would have passed it by. Skye Alexander already has another "10-Minute" decluttering-meets-feng-shui book, and it was also pretty unlikable for me, and it also has an extremely low Goodreads average, so... I think that says something about the situation at hand.

Anyways, this is not a book about decluttering. This is a mixture of a book about feng shui and a to-do list. The
Janet

Carolyn
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
I think many of us struggle with having too much "stuff" and not really knowing how to control it before it gets out of hand. That's where this book comes in.

Separated into two parts, the first concentrates on understanding feng shui in your life, and talks about the effect that clutter has on all areas of your life. The second concentrates on tips for organising your life, including sections on

Home
Workplace
Kids
Outside the home
Personal life
Alicia Bayer
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
The title of this book is a little deceiving, as it's less about decluttering as it is about Feng shui, and I didn't really see much that had to do with 10 minute increments at all. The first half of the book is basics of Feng shui, and the second half is assorted tips for all different areas of life (computer files at work, relationships, etc.).

The author does not seem to have training in Feng shui and seems to write quick books on all sorts of subjects from tarot to witchcraft to sex to unico
Elizabeth
Sep 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Thanks to Quarto Publishing Group – Fair Winds Press and NetGalley for an electronic advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

Like many, I struggle with some clutter so this title caught my attention, offering 400+ tips to declutter.

I found the list of tips completely overwhelming. In my opinion, some were obvious: Return phone calls. Change burned out light bulbs. Some were ridiculous: Ring a Dinner Gong Before Eating. And not all were created equal: Clean the Garage vs Dust Lamps
Lauren Paletta
Sep 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
I really did not like this book. I went into it hoping for some lists and ways to organize my home, with idk recycled cans or something. However, I did not get that, I was told instead what my pile of clutter means about me. For real? All my clutter means to me is that my house looks lived in, not like a home in a magazine where everything is staged. So suffice to say, this was not my type of book.
#10minutedeclutter #Netgalley
Jade
Sep 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
10-Minute Declutter is a book I was intrigued to read as it claims to offer lots of tips and tricks that will change your life. What you actually get is far from that! I was really disappointed with this book and find even the title deceiving, I am not sure where the 10 minutes comes in as the book is very lengthy and not 10 minute chunks and if it's the tidying that takes 10 minutes I think that's highly unlikely also.

When starting the book it takes sixty pages of lengthy Feng Shui description
Annie
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

10-Minute Declutter is a new release in a series of how-to books (10-minute series). This content was previously released in 2004 as 10-minute Clutter Control by Skye Alexander. This re-format and re-release by Quarto on their Fair Winds Press imprint came out 17th Sept 2019, is 208 pages and is available in ebook and hardcover formats.

The author is well known for her alternate philosophy books and readers should expect a book in accord with those alternative thoughts.
Nycole
Aug 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult
I wanted to feel motivated when done reading this book. Great correlations of clutter, dirt, disrepair, with underlying traits and habits. First couple of chapters were ok however it quickly went downhill from there. I was expecting to learn new tools for decluttering and feel motivated to make changes. The “400+” tips were more or less common sense and many were repeated between home and work. Unless you have no clue how to clean or are newly living on your own after living with your parents th ...more
Bekah B
Sep 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Thank you to NetGalley and Fair Winds Press for sending me a copy of this book for an honest review.

If you have read a handful of these decluttering /organising type books then you will know that it's rare to find one that reveals something ground breaking. Most of them churn out the same information as others before them, just presented slightly differently. And unfortunately this book is one of those types.
I personally feel that the title of the book is misleading. 10 Minute
Jun
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has a beautiful design--kind of Art Deco and minimalist, with a striking color palette of black, grey, and red. It is an expansion of the author's earlier book about feng shui, and it starts with an overview of feng shui principles, before switching over to a focus on clutter. The author believes clutter comes as a result of confusion, old baggage, or obstacles. Part 2 (starting in chapter 4) contains tips for decluttering based on feng shui principles--if you don't believe ch'i can ge ...more
Ramona Mead
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a nice little guide for anyone looking for quick tips for decluttering. The guidance throughout the book is based on the principles of feng shui, which should have been in the title/subtitle.

I appreciate that the author includes non-physical clutter such as mental and relationships. She walks you through how to identify not only cluttered areas of your home, but to look at how they may be affecting other parts of your life.

The writing is simple and straightforward, with the content spl
Lindsay
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I requested Skye Alexander’s 10-minute declutter as I am currently doing my best to live with less. It’s a cute book. Very informative in regards to Feng Shui. I’m going to implement the get rid of one thing a day(remember to rehome, or recycle whenever possible) that Skye suggested. Overall a really neat book.

I received a free review copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest unedited feedback.

#read #reader #book #bookstagram #readersofinstagram #bookreview #greatreads #alwa
Susan Underbrink
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
A big thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. Ok I admit it, I am a hoarder. I have the.last letter my mom wrote to me. So I thought this would be an I interesting book to give me tips on how to be less cluttered. I couldn't connect. Really keep a bell by your bed and ring it each time you enter the room??? What??? That's clutter to me. So I can't say that this was helpful. The tips were common sense. Throw away old makeup stuff like ...more
Diana
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm not sure how much of the description I read before starting this because it was not what I was expecting. I was hoping more along the lines of "get rid of things you forgot you owned;" not "get rid of everything but the light bulb and windchimes."
I've also been left with the question of where my trash bin is suppose to go, because apparently that little blue bucket is screwing me in all aspects of my life.

I can't say my level of belief, though apparently it's not too high,
Audrey Adamson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
While marketed as a decluttering book, it's basically about Feng Shui. The author includes clutter info but gives you basic Feng Shui practices. In fact, I'd say skip this book and go straight to the author's 10-Minute Feng Shui. It really bs down the philosophy so it can be treated with respect and walks you through basically the same techniques and tips.

I received an ARC through NetGalley; all opinions are my own.
Mary
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are multiple books on decluttering or how to stop hoarding. This book is based on Feng Shui. I think it would be helpful if this was included on cover page and added to the title. Author explains clearly what Feng Shui is and how to apply the principles in every aspect of your life, whether home, work, personal and more.
I received an advanced reader copy from NetGalley in exchange for my volunteer review.
Doreen Prentiss Gabriellini
This book is chock full of information about decluttering. The basics are grounded in Feng Shui and followed through by effort and common sense. You will definitely want to refer this book time and again. I appreciated the style of writing, how the book is organized. It's very useful and interesting.

Thank you to Quarto Publishing, the author and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Curious Reader
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice tips to declutter the house.
I agree we hardly follow such books. I meant to say that we love reading such books but our house is rarely de cluttered. But this book was useful.
Just wish that I would have been able to read this as an kindle arc. The other apps are not very reliable.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
Lois Lane
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little book that explains the basics of feng shui and provides a wealth of practical tips for decluttering. I even found the illustrations to be restful and inspiring. I’ve jotted down some of the tips and plan to use them in my home.
Annarella
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting guide to declutter your house based on Feng Shui.
I appreciated the style of writing, how the book is organised and the hint.
It's very useful and interesting.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
CloudOfThoughts_Books Keirstin
10-minute declutter by Skye Alexander is a quick, easy to read book that can give pointers and tips to de clutter the cluttered lives!

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest opinion.
Kirsten never has enough time
This is not a book about decluttering, this is a book about feng shui and has a bit of a side deal in practical tips for decluttering. Thanks, I would have never known about CLEANING MY STOVE. Sigh
Heather Bennett
Oct 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is not what I was expecting. It was common sense and not really a 10 minute declutter book. Very long winded and nothing that was earth shattering.
Christine
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
This is a good, quick book on how to declutter in small bites. It gives lots of little tips on what and where to declutter and the layout of the book is neat and broken into small sections. I liked this book but it very heavily focused on feng shui, sometimes more than decluttering, which is not really my interest.

Thank you NetGalley for a complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Alexandra
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another book that shows things can be done under ten minutes (also gives under one day things). Gives ideas that you would see in other clutter books but in her own explanation. She finds a way to be helpful by giving ideas if you only have a small amount of time.
Meg Dean