Start by marking “Tartine: A Classic Revisited: 68 All-New Recipes + 55 Updated Favorites (Baking Cookbooks, Pastry Books, Dessert Cookbooks, Gifts for Pastry Chefs)” as Want to Read:

The New York Times "Best Cookbooks of Fall 2019"
House Beautiful's "Amazing New Cookbooks that also look Delicious on Your Shelf"

Published October 1st 2019 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Tartine, please sign up.

Start your review of Tartine: A Classic Revisited: 68 All-New Recipes + 55 Updated Favorites (Baking Cookbooks, Pastry Books, Dessert Cookbooks, Gifts for Pastry Chefs)
Dita
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This cookbook is gorgeous, the recipes are approachable and the ingredients are not difficult to obtain.

This is one of those cookbooks destined to be used often, splattered with ingredients, dog-eared and well-loved!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
NAT.orious reads ☽
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 flour-dusted
This book is for you if… you are somebody who likes to take time in the kitchen just as much as whipping up something quick, who looks for a variety of both American, British and some Italian, French, Hispanic and even Jewish classics as well as exciting new and unknown dishes.

Overall
“The word authentic has been overused by food writers, who have turned it into a catchall in praise of just about anything that tastes good. But whenever I see this word, another similar word
Tina
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, net-galley
I love leafing through a good cookbook with lots of glossy pictures and recipes. This book did not disappoint! Tartine, is a famous bakery in San Francisco and Los Angeles. I enjoyed the cute introduction about its humble beginnings and history.

This new cookbook contains some previously published recipes but many are revised (even as a healthier option..such as using almond flour to the traditional all-purpose flour.) I find the recipes easy to follow along and make. I have made the Chocolate
Emmalita
I almost died from joy when I saw Tartine: A Classic Revisited on NetGalley, and then I was granted my request to review it (this is an honest review). I have the original Tartine (thank you Mrs. Julien). It is the cookbook I pull out when I need baking inspiration or life inspiration. Prueitt and Robertson put some thought into this update and added in some variations and many new recipes which makes it worth owning.

Tartine is a baker’s cookbook. It is not for beginners. However, if you master
Sandra
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a collector of Cookbooks and I love beautiful books like this. You can spend hours just perusing the pictures contained between the pages of this work of art. But be forewarned, it may make you extremely hungry. A copy of Tartine's signature recipe the Morning Bun is worth the price of this book. Some of the recipes appear to be quit detailed, but once you read them over, take it step by step, you will be surprised what you can accomplish.
Tartine contains recipes for Breakfast muffins,
Ashley
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook formatting (maybe the way it was read on the computer) was not great, but recipes were awesome.
Ileana Renfroe
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is very well written with clear and beatuful illustrations. The recipes are fairly easy to follow. Have tried one of the recipes and in fact was not as complicated as it appeared.

Tartine was provided free in exchange for my honest opinion. I highly recommend this book for anyone one that wants to try out some delicious recipes.

I give this a 5 star
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dishes that I can only dream of making half as good as they sound. Great way to impress dinner guest.
my bookworm life
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was very kindly sent a copy of this book from the publishers to feature on my Bookstagram page.

This book is brilliant! it has so many mouth watering recipes and gorgeous photos in here that it was difficult deciding what to bake first! , i opted for the Savoury scones that have bacon and cheese in them, and they went down a treat with my family! so delicious and very easy to make, with such a great recipe to follow.

I am very excited to go back to this book time and time again, i want to try
Cynthia D
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*** I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. ***

I didn't pay much attention to Tartine except for knowing that they were a local bakery until the owner of Gracie Jones GF Bakery told me that they also have some gluten free recipes. Say what?

I was very happy to find out that there were a mix of gluten-free recipes baked into this book. The variety of goods made me extremely happy to come across as a person suffering from celiac disease -- I actually am looking forward to attempting
Alexandra
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice variation of recipes, ones you may see in other books and others that may be new to you. Has images of the final product, if there is a certain technique that needs a visual there is that. Not a line per step, some are combined together in a small paragraph. Cookies, breakfast, tarts and more items to look at. Really nice.
Shipshapeeatworthy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What this newly revised edition of the Tartine cookbook allows is for home cooks to discover baking outside of the bland grocery store flours and delve into more interesting ingredients -- buckwheat, Einkorn, rye, etc.). While I treasure my original 2006 copy of Tartine, I am pleased to bake from this newly updated and expanded edition -- with 68 new recipes, along with 55 updated recipes there is so much to explore.

The recipes are arranged into seven chapters: 1) Breakfast, 2) Tarts, Pies,
Annie
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Tartine: A Classic Revisited is a beautifully photographed love letter to high end patisserie for the home kitchen. Released 1st Oct 2019 by Chronicle, it's 328 pages and available in hardcover and ebook formats. This is an updated and re-photographed extended version of the 2006 original with ~50% more content than the original.

These are lovely, many are challenging (what I think of as 'free weekend' baking), but many are perfectly achievable
Jill
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
It’s been 13 years since the first Tartine cookbook was published, and some people might ask why we need to revisit it. But anyone paying attention to baking in those years knows that a lot has changed. The way we eat has changed. The way we bake has changed. The grains that are available to us has changed. So taking the time to revisit this cookbook after all that time and to update the recipes for a new generation of bakers and a new assortment of flours is actually an inspired idea.

The
Janet

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

This brilliantly revisited and beautifully rephotographed book is a totally updated edition of a go-to classic for home and professional bakers—from one of the most acclaimed and inspiring bakeries in the world. Tartine offers more than 50 new recipes
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cookbooks do not usually age well. Food trends change, we shift our focus away (or towards) different ingredients, and we even change our minds about what is/isn't healthy. Heck, even the way we plate and present dishes can make something look dated - I was thrilled to take some of my mother's old 70s and 80s cookbooks off of her hands, for example, but the photos in those books have me convinced I must be mistaken in thinking I had liked the stuff.

All that said, NONE of that applies to
Savanna
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I first heard of Tartine from Smitten Kitchen’s Blood Orange, Almond, and Ricotta cake (https://smittenkitchen.com/2016/01/bl...
), which is a fabulous treat and gluten-free I stumbled across a few years ago. I knew I needed to look into the Tartine Bakery cookbooks… I just haven’t really gotten to it yet. Thus, I was so surprised and excited to see this book, an update of their previous cookbooks in Netgalley!

This book doesn’t seem like it’s for the beginning baker. There are a lot of steps
Julia
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Netgalley and Chronicle Books.

This recipe book contains previously published and revised as well as brand-new recipes.
I found this book to be an exceptionally great recipe book. It contains mostly recipes for baked goods as Tartine is first and foremost a bakery. The categories within the book were „Breakfast“, „Tarts, Pies, Fruit“, „Cakes“, „Cookies“, „Pastries and Confections“, and „Holiday“.

The
Alison
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A revised/updated version of a well-loved 13 year old recipe book.
The introduction explains the bakers' philosophies and the reasons why the updated recipe book was created and I feel really needs to be read to fully understand the book.
Mouth-watering photographs abound! Really stunning.
The recipes themselves are well laid out with ingredients; method and kitchen notes or other information required all together. I especaially liked the fact that the measurements of the ingredients were in two
Andrea
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks

A thank you to Netgalley for providing an ARC for my honest and unbiased opinion.

Celebrations:
-Gorgeous photography
-Includes both ingredient weights and volumes, which experienced bakers will greatly appreciate
-Updated with use of grains growing in popularity and not used in previous edition
-Almost 70 new recipes, and handful of which are gluten-free

Pauses:
-Would not recommend for most beginners in the kitchen
-Some recipes are complex in terms of time and steps and may feel
Bonnie Demoss
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

First--this book is GORGEOUS. Pictures are so important in a cookbook and these are some of the best cookbook pictures I have ever seen. The next wonderful thing about Tartine: A Classic Revisted is that it gives you options for gluten free and Einkorn flour recipes, as well as regular flour.

There are many wonderful bakery recipes, including several different types of tart dough, pies, cakes, cookies,
Meghan
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Chronicle Books in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I am familiar with Tartine Bakery featured on food network and other cooking shows and I am familiar with their first cookbook but, I have never seen or read anything so extravagant as this one and looking at all the delicious recipes just makes my mouth water. I am excited to try a lot of the recipes including the glazed croissants, pain du
Penmouse
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tartine by Elisabeth Prueitt and Chad Robertson is an absolutely gorgeous book filled with tons of color photos depicting the book's recipes. If you love to bake, as I do, you will love Tartine. You will find the following chapters in their cookbook:

Breakfast
Tarts, Pies, Fruit
Cakes
Cookies
Pastries and Confections
Holiday
Basic Bakery Recipes

Some of the recipes you'll find include:

Tartine Morning Buns
Chocolate Pudding Pie
Millionare's Chocolate Caramel Tart
Banana-Date Tea Cake
Marbled Pound Cake
Whole
Pat
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A bakers delight. Tartine A Classic Revised by Elisabeth Prueitt and Chad Robertson from Chronicle Books is everything I could ask for in a cookbook. The pictures are gorgeous and the recipes are inviting. Something important to me for a cookbook is the formatting of the recipes and the recipes in Tartine Revise edition are formatted to be easily followed. This revised edition has 67 new recipe and 55 updated recipes including Einkorn Doughnuts, wow. There are several recipes using Einkorn flour ...more
Delia
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa, this “revised” edition is really a whole new cookbook! The original Tartine cookbook is one of my favorite cookbooks, I’ve been baking from it since it first came out. I was excited and looked forward to the new edition but was unprepared for the almost complete overhaul. All new recipes, techniques, ingredients, flavor profiles, information, and headnotes. More exciting than I even imagined. The only thing that seems the same is the Tartine sensibility which balances earthiness with ...more
Amy
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The is a beautiful cookbook. I saw Tartine and knew i had to take a look. The pictures are gorgeous and there are enough throughout the book to make sure that you know what the recipe is supposed to look like once finished. I haven't made anything from this book yet, but I have noted several recipes that I want to try. The instructions look easy to follow for the most part, though I was a little confused at times. For example, the Morning Bun recipe says to use 1 recipe of croissant dough, but ...more
Maria-Anne
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Warning do not read this book when hungry.
Beautiful layout with mouth watering photographs. This is must for people that like to see the finished product. Also some of photographs shows the procedure used with the croissant dough which is helpful.
I was amazed at the number of recipes in various categories that are contained in this book. Some are easy and others are a bit more complex but the detailed instructions will help you archive the result if you take your time to take it step by step.
One
Tara
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This quickly became my favorite cookbook. Stunning photography which invites lingering and clearly displays how the recipes will turn out. The recipes themselves are detailed, with both imperial and metric measurements, and many contain alternative variations. I appreciate the recommendations on how far in advance to make for the best flavor. And, finally, they explain why and how you do specific steps to get the wanted results. You walk away from baking a recipe, not only with delicious and ...more
Cariadne
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Baked goods are my weakness, but this book did not get me weak in the knees. I was surprised that there weren't my photos in this e-galley I got from NetGalley. It absolutely should've been brimming with sumptuous photos of the finished process and, once in a while, a few in-between processes. None of the recipes left me quaking to get out the flour to get started. And none of the recipes motivated me to stand in line for this bakery.

I'm aware of Tartine's reputation. It's been the darling of
Jo
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, cookbooks
** I received an advance copy in exchange for this honest review**

Oh my, is this book beautiful! This is a re-release and revision of the original Tartine (from 2006 I believe) along with additional recipes that were not contained before. The photography is so enticing (thanks Frances Ruffenach!) that you can't help but be drawn in to the recipes. Elisabeth has a welcome style of introducing the background of the recipe and being very clear in her explanation and steps. More photographs of

• Modern Sourdough: Sweet and Savoury Recipes from Margot Bakery
  • The Pasta Friday Cookbook: Let's Eat Together
  • Milk Street: The New Rules: Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook
  • Ama: A Modern Tex-Mex Kitchen (Mexican Food Cookbooks, Tex-Mex Cooking, Mexican and Spanish Recipes)
  • The Little Women Cookbook: Tempting Recipes from the March Sisters and Their Friends and Family
  • Bible and Breakfast: 31 Mornings with Jesus--Feeding Our Bodies and Souls Together
  • Let It Snow
  • One Little Secret
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Wine for Normal People: A Guide for Real People Who Like Wine, but Not the Snobbery That Goes with It
  • Fresh Flavours for the Slow Cooker Reinvent the Slow-Cooked Meal; 77 Mouthwatering Recipes
  • The Peach Truck Cookbook: 100 Delicious Recipes for All Things Peach
  • American Sfoglino: A Master Class in Handmade Pasta (Pasta Cookbook, Italian Cooking Books, Pasta and Noodle Cooking)
  • Christmas Cocoa Murder
  • A Longer Fall (Gunnie Rose, #2)
  • Mooncakes
  • Pizza!
  • Incredible Plant-Based Desserts: Colorful Vegan Cakes, Cookies, Tarts, and other Epic Delights