Start by marking “10 Blind Dates” as Want to Read:
10 Blind Dates

10 Blind Dates

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  4,926 ratings  ·  1,340 reviews
Sophie wants one thing for Christmas-a little freedom from her overprotective parents. So when they decide to spend Christmas in South Louisiana with her very pregnant older sister, Sophie is looking forward to some much needed private (read: make-out) time with her long-term boyfriend, Griffin. Except it turns out that Griffin wants a little freedom from their ...more
Published October 1st 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about 10 Blind Dates, please sign up.
Katie Rogers
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  4,926 ratings  ·  1,340 reviews

Start your review of 10 Blind Dates
Melanie

“I don’t expect to meet the love of my life but maybe, just maybe this will help heal the pieces Griffin broke.”

I promise you, so many people are going to be checking this one out from their library this holiday season, and with good reason, because I read this book with a constant smile on my face. This was such a heartwarming story about family, and love, and finding out about yourself and your happiness when you are in that weird transition period when you are getting ready for college.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was so absurdly charming and my holly jolly heart is SOARING.
megs_bookrack
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arcs-read
Alas, I have found a new favorite YA Contemporary!!

This is the most adorable, sweetest book about family that I have EVER read.

It's so true, guys! I loved this with my whole heart and soul.

Ashley Elston is a true blessing.

I am even having a hard time forming legitimate sentences right now.

This precious story follows Sophie, who on the eve of Christmas break, is looking forward to nothing more than spending some quality time with her boyfriend, Griffin.

Her parents are traveling to stay with
Lola
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was FUN.

Everything about it promises fun—the cover, title, synopsis—but it’s one thing to expect something and another thing to be delivered that thing. Also, I read the author’s This Is Our Story, a YA mystery, so I couldn’t wait to see her deliver a feel-good Christmassy romance.

I read it in two sittings and, actually, I dare you to read it any slower. It will be hard because this is a fast-paced page-turner that is just the right amount of fun and sweet. Sophie and her boyfriend for a
Chelsea Humphrey
Ashley Elston is the type of author that is difficult to NOT adore; her books are varied in genre but consistently well written, and 10 Blind Dates is no different. Occasionally I get a craving to read books that are comfortably predictable, and this happens most often in the last quarter of the year. Perhaps you can call it the holiday spirit (Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc), but there's something about picking up a book that features a big, close knit family that you can grow to love, ...more
Warda
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gosh, this was annoyingly average.
The premise made it sound like it would’ve been such a fun story, and whilst there were fun moments, those moments were underdeveloped, rushed and no room was left for me to connect with characters.
It had such a great familial and friendship aspect. But everything was so rushed, too much was happening, it felt crammed in and by the end of it I was left feeling hollow.
C.G. Drews
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is just such a delightful Christmassy romcom! Look sometimes you get a cupcake and you just want to devour the whipped cream sugary goodness by itself and that's what this is it's sweet and has a lot of wild and fun blind dates happening (hey with a few deeper things happening in the background) and it features BIG ITALIAN FAMILIES and oblivious crushes and so much food you will, quite literally, need a snack break. Can someone pls bake for me now??? I am hungry. Reading is hard work, I ...more
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]

A little cheesy, and yes, full of rom-com tropes... but in the best way possible. Like, sometimes you absolutely freaking need a syrupy sweet and fluffy YA romance in your life, and Ashley Elston knocked this one out of the park if you ask me! Full review coming soon <3
Stacee
This book was super fun.

Great characters and a large, well meaning family made for a quick read that had me laughing out loud at several places and screaming in others.

I can’t wait to read it again.

**Huge thanks to Ashley for asking me to beta read**
Sara
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is so much fun and realy cute , this book puts you in an instant holiday mood , 4 ...more
Riley
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was unbelievably cute! it was the perfect christmas rom-com book
Lindsay (pawsomereads)
This was such a cute book! It was an easy and quick read but contained a lot of funny, relatable and entertaining content. I loved that, while the plot is obviously about romance and dating, there was also a lot of focus on family and friendship. Sophie's family is so loving and supporting, if not a tad bit over-bearing, but in the best way.
The plot was predictable but I didn't feel like this took away from the book too much overall. This was a fun read that left me super happy after I finished
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This was truly everything I wanted it to be! Ah!! Just the right amount rom-com tropiness, but with the best big Southern family vibes that warmed my lil Georgia heart.
Emer (A Little Haze)
Omg I was desperately in need of a cute, fluffy book... AND THIS ONE EXACTLY HIT THE SPOT!!!!

Oh it was just so cute I can't.

The premise is utterly adorable. Slightly chaotic. But in the best way possible.

Sophie's parents decide that they need to spend Christmas with their eldest daughter Margot as she is heavily pregnant but has developed superimposed preeclampsia and is confined to bed rest. So Sophie, who is in her last year of high school, goes to spend the Christmas holidays with her
Mackenzie Lane
4/5 stars!

Very fun & festive! A light-hearted read with all the charm & merriment that a holiday young adult contemporary should have. I love reading stories that revolve around big families, especially when it's Christmas time! Such a whimsical time of year. I would definitely recommend :)
Jessica
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free as part of a blog tour.

This was such a cute YA Christmas romance! I honestly wasn’t expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised.

First off, I loved the premise. 10 blind dates picked by family members is a hilarious idea. The execution was great as well. There were some cute dates and some OMG dates (like the one that her twin cousins set up).

I also loved the emphasis on family, both with her immediate and extended family. I loved the bond Sophie had with her
Tatiana
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, romancelandia, ya

There is a good chance that Netflix will make a movie out of this story that I’ll like better than this novel itself, kind of like they did with To All the Boys I've Loved Before. If they find the right (hot) love interest, if they invest time into developing various family members’ personalities, and if they drop the pregnant sister/baby subplot altogether. (I mean, was this written for teens or for moms? Do teens like reading about pregnancy complications and cooing over babies? I am
may ❀
BIG FAMILIES!!!! FLUFF & CUTENESS!!! STRONG SISTER RELATIONSHIPS!!!!!

this book turned me into a marshmallow bc im soft and

rtc
Tucker

Many thanks to Ian at Disney Hyperion for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

thank you Disney, for the early christmas blessings!! this along with Royal Holiday will make for a splendid christmas break!!

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Reddit | LinkedIn |
Katherine Elizabeth
I skimmed this - I'm just going to be honest about it. I'm not sure why I got this from the library because it doesn't even sound like something I would like. And it wasn't. It's definitely something for a younger audience, or maybe I'm just completely done with YA/contemporary romance. It could very well be both. Either way, I wasn't a fan.
Hollis
This is the kind of read that is pretty much exactly what it looks like. It's contemporary, it's set around the holidays, there is a large boisterous family who conspires together to set up the newly heartbroken lead character on dates, of which there are ten of them. If this sounds like everything, or anything, you want from a romance, I don't think you’ll have any complaints.

I definitely loved the concept of these dates, the strange charm of the whole situation. I loved the idea of this big
hillary
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF 29% | 23/12/19

I thought I was going to have fun with this book, but nope.

There’s nothing wrong with it, it’s just that I’m not interested in knowing what will go down in the rest of the book. I have read a good portion of it and I can already see it’s very predictable and bland. I wouldn’t necessarily call this boring, but let’s just say that reading this book wouldn’t add anything to my life.

I waited to see how the first blind dates would go before dnfing this, and I didn’t love them
;3
if i was sophie and i was forced to go on 10 blind dates by my own extended family i would simply not go
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Prepare yourselves....this is going to be a 'must read' this December. Actually, this novel needs to be adapted into a movie because it would be the perfect watch for the holidays!

Before I get too ahead of myself, this book was everything that you could hope for in a teenage contemporary set during the week of Christmas/New Years. I keep on telling people this comparison but I would say this novel is the perfect mixture of "Cheaper by the Dozen" and "To All the Boys I've Loved Before". It's a
sam  {Multi Dreamer}⚔
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was such a fun and adorable read. Highly recommend this one if you’re looking for something with family, fun and overall cuteness. 4.5 ...more
Emma
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
4.5/5 Stars

THIS BOOK, YOU GUYS!!!!
It was so cute, I loved basically every second of it! Sophie is such a nice character and it was great to see her reconnect with her family, but most importantly with her two cousins Olivia and Charlie and also with Wes.
What I probably liked the most about this book is the fact that I could relate so much to it. I've got a big family like the one described in this novel and so all the feelings and the moments in it were so familiar to me. For some it may sound
Siham
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I found my all time favorite rom-com to read - oh my gosh :)))

full review is finally on my blog: https://readingatlastblog.wordpress.c...
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
This was so freaking cute and I absolutely flew through it. I’m serious, I couldn’t put it down and I was laughing the whole way through. 10 Blind Dates follow Sophie as she unexpectedly finds herself single over holiday break. With her Nonna determined to cheer her up, Sophie is set up on 10 blind dates by different family members, and hilarity ensues.

There was so much to be happy about with this story: the huge, close-knit family (the fab four was indeed fabulous), the awkward (and always
Maia
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
That book was so much fun! I kept on laughing, it was so great :)
Waterstones Young...: December Discussion - 10 2 6 Dec 08, 2019 04:43AM

• The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • We Met in December
  • Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Maybe This Time
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • 25 Days 'til Christmas
  • Lucky Caller
  • Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • Technically, You Started It
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
Ashley Elston lives is North Louisiana with her husband and three sons. She worked as a wedding and portrait photographer for ten years until she decided to pursue writing full time. Ashley is also a certified landscape horticulturist and loves digging in the dirt. Her debut novel, THE RULES FOR DISAPPEARING was published by Disney Hyperion in 2013 and was a finalist in the Best Young Adult ...more