Start by marking “Instructions Not Included: How a Team of Women Coded the Future” as Want to Read:
Instructions Not Included: How a Team of Women Coded the Future

Instructions Not Included: How a Team of Women Coded the Future

Click. Whir. Buzz.
Not so long ago, math problems had to be solved with pencil and paper, mail delivered by postman, and files were stored in paper folders and metal cabinets. But three women, Betty Snyder, Jean Jennings, and Kay McNulty knew there could be a better way. During World War II, people hoped ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer), one of the
Published October 8th 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Instructions Not Included, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instructions Not Included

Start your review of Instructions Not Included: How a Team of Women Coded the Future
Erin Buhr
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit, I was nervous when I picked this up. It is lengthy. Thick. That rarely bodes well for a picture book. Two pages in however I knew this was different. Impeccably paced and well written, this book is one you could easily read aloud despite the length and seemingly bland subject matter. These women were incredible and their work in coding reads as a vivid, exciting adventure on these pages. It is amazing how far we have come with computers in such a relatively short period and the ...more
Melissa Mcavoy
4 1/2 stars. A very fine, well designed account of how three of the early NASA, women, computers developed modern programming and how each of the three profiled contributed a specific, ground-breaking element to modern computing. I am a technological imbecile and even I could understand what was so great about these three gals. I especially liked how the author and artist tied their contributions to aspects of their early life experience - i.e. precision and repetition to the pitcher.
Travis Lynn
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars copyright 2019 genre biography theme empowerment. Favorite part of the book was how the book illustrated just how important these women were in creating the first computers. I will use this book to illustrate women in a job that is not typically associated with the female gender.
Tracy Smith
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed learning about these amazing women in the field of mathematics and about their roles in the development of computers. Lost a star because the subjects were a little too complex for a typical picture book audience.
Kirsti Call
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: publisher
Engaging and informative story of three brilliant women who were coding innovators.
Edward Sullivan
The story of the pioneering work in computer programming three women did in working with ENIAC.
ernest.bookingway
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

This was a really cute read and very informative. I learned more than I thought I would from a children's book.

Longer review will be up within the month!
CCPL Buzz

• Babymoon
  • Why?
  • Mae Among the Stars
  • Just in Case You Want to Fly
Tami Lewis Brown is the author of the novel The Map of Me and the picture book Soar, Elinor!, illustrated by François Roca. She holds an M.F.A. in writing for children from Vermont College and lives in Washington, D.C.