Start by marking “Field Trip (Sanity & Tallulah, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Field Trip (Sanity & Tallulah, Book 2)

Field Trip

(Sanity & Tallulah #2)

Sanity and Tallulah are going on a field trip-to a real live planet! Some of their classmates are nervous (none of them have been on a planet before, and they've heard terrible things), but Tallulah is beside herself with excitement. Sanity would be more excited if her grumpy older sister, Prudence, wasn't coming along to supervise the trip. Things get off to a rocky start ...more
Published October 22nd 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Field Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Field Trip

Start your review of Field Trip (Sanity & Tallulah, Book 2)
Bianca
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this one. There was an actual plot that wasn't simplified due to the age demo, which felt really special and exceptional. Space pirates, physics, engineering, environmental science... what a treat! I had to reread some of the panels in order to understand the science being described, which is AWESOME- you can tell there's some Actual theoretical shit going on, or else just some excellently convincing sci-fi peril. This is absolutely PERFECT for precocious kids who get bored with the ...more
Jill Kenna
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley for a free review copy of this book.

This book is the second book in the Sanity and Tallulah series. It is about Sanity, Tallulah, and their class going on a field trip to a planet. Their trip gets off to a bad start and Sanity and Tallulah are separated from the other kids and their chaperones. Things go from bad to worse after that and the kids have to find a way to escape the planet as soon as possible.

I really loved this second book. I really love the characters of
Rachel
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*

The Sanity & Tallulah series is fantastic! The writing is fun, the plots are exciting, and the visuals really bring everything to life. I love the friendship between Sanity and Tallulah - they are pretty much opposites in their personalities but they complement one another so well. I often felt like Tallulah was treated as a humorous sidekick and wish she could have played a larger role, but she does
Kales
I love Sanity and Tallulah! This was the most delightful book. I adored it even more than the first one. I am obsessed with how smart these two are. Sanity is clearly the best in her class but Tallulah has her own level of intelligence to offer. They are young but they are inventive, intuitive, and utterly rambunctious.

I laughed out loud several times during this book. It was so innocent and sincere. At the same time, just like our two heroines, it's smart. Sometimes you lose the plot in the
Laura Mauro
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
* I got this book for review from the publisher*

I really loved going to back to this world and these characters. I really did like how this book focused on a different problem and different science theme. I really did loved the focus on the friendship between the girls. I think this book had several different mini storylines and due to that there was so pacing and plot issues. I really enjoyed the focus on science and also solving problems. I still think the art style is a highlight of this read
Shayla
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was cuuuuuute. Got the arc from work and was so excited to see there was a sequel. My only problem with it was that occasionally something would happen in the story where I couldn't understand how it came about, like a couple extra panels were needed to explain but were omitted for some reason. I just kind of went with it though and really enjoyed the story anyway. Sanity and Tallulah are great characters, and I totally want to be Prudence. Love to see cool black women doing awesome things ...more
Maddy Gillette
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The follow-up to Sanity and Tallulah is so much fun and does a lot to expand the world (well, worlds) of the story! I adore all of these spunky kids and their innovation. Molly Brooks does an interesting job of keeping the plot complex (some of the fictional science was really interesting just in its own right!) while still accessible to middle graders. Thoroughly enjoyed and can't wait to see what she does next!
Darth
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5.

Didn't realize this was the second book in the series until I got on here to mark it down. That said, I may or may not read the first one. It was pretty decent for a middlegrade graphic novel, and I certainly see how/why a kid would like it. The plot of this one was easy enough to follow and interspersed with enough space and science jargon to spark up an interest about STEM in those who read it, especially little girls.
Kathleen Guinnane
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: school
I'm not a huge fan of graphic novels, but I love Sanity & Tallulah! This book was even more fun than the first one. A field trip to a planet gone wrong. I loved how the students marveled at clouds and a blue sky, but assemble a rocket to fly in (away from the doomed planet) without supervision. Tallulah saves the day with some help from alien "bees". I'm already looking forward to the next adventure.
Colleen
I love the Sanity and Tallulah books! I thought this was a nice installment in the series. For me, I love the friendship between Sanity and Tallulah, because they balance each other out. Sanity has all the ideas and science, but Tallulah has the wacky thinking that helps Sanity think of a solution.
Jennybeast
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kim Pocock
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A decent follow up to the first graphic novel. I felt this one was even more busy than the first one. I’m not sure how many middle grade readers would understand this whole storyline. Seemed like a very simplified and quick solution to a catastrophic problem. Still a cute read!

I read an ARC of this book.
Meredith Ann
This is a fun series and I enjoyed this second book a little more than the first one. The characters are smart and adventurous, even in the face of pretty serious danger. I appreciate the diversity of the characters and the focus on science. Hoping for more space travels with these two.
Lynn
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think I've chaperoned this field trip ;-)

Terrific next installment of Sanity and Tallulah's adventures in space. This one was just as much fun and full of wild science-oriented action. Love the space bees!
Elizabeth Mellen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so freaking much. The characters are so fun, the art is wonderful, and it’s just so pure. I’d be happy to share this with my daughter, I think it’s perfect for all ages. Can’t wait to see more of this series.
Jenna (Bookiemoji)
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even more thrilling and hilarious than the first book! I love these characters so freaking much. And the fact that they science the heck out of everything makes this a smart and delightful read for all ages.
Andréa
Note: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher at ALA Annual 2019.
Claire L
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t really like Sanity
Jenny Yergin
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!!! I highly recommend it for upper elementary grades. It is full of action, adventure and fun!
Rebecca
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Graphic novel, adventures, smart kids, good friendships and a moral or two at the end what is not to like?
Munro's Kids
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous adventure starring Sanity and Tallulah! Great adventure, good problem-solving, interesting plot set up, and some cool new characters are introduced. Fun! ~ Emilee
Tory
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HILARIOUS and CUTE and a great storyline and just a fantastic book!
ernest.bookingway
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5 this series, OMFG
Emilee
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant and fun romp with Sanity and Tallulah! Silliness, danger, and problem solving!
Gabrielle L
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first one!!!
Gabriela
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is funny and a nice 10-15 minute read. If you like stories about how the future might be then this is the book for you.
Christine
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as cute as the first volume. I got bored around page 100.
Ellen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Joe Bertelloni
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
a solid follow up to a great graphic novel
Adriel
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: seba, comics
What a delight this series is. I love the snarky, brilliant characters. I love the ridiculous scenarios. I love the minimal colors and the space aged feeling drawings. I love the representation.

• The Okay Witch
  • Stargazing
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • The Crossover
  • Queen of the Sea
  • Are You Listening?
  • Diana, Princess Of The Amazons
  • Mooncakes
  • Dead Voices (Small Spaces #2)
Molly Brooks currently writes and illustrates the Sanity & Tallulah graphic novel series (Disney-Hyperion, 2018-). She also did the artwork for Flying Machines: How the Wright Brothers Soared by Alison Wilgus (First Second, 2017), and her shorter comics and assorted illustrations have appeared in a variet of publications including the Guardian, the Nib, the Boston Globe, the Nashville Scene, ...more

Sanity & Tallulah (2 books)
  • Sanity & Tallulah