Start by marking “Thief of Hearts” as Want to Read:
Thief of Hearts

Thief of Hearts

(Stealing Hearts #1)

Some hearts are made to be stolen.

Mark Mannix doesn’t believe in love or romance, which is ironic given his birthday falls on Valentine’s Day. As he approaches forty, Mark is perfectly content with his life and nursing career in Boston, and—outside of his long-time friend-with-benefits, Alistair—prefers his hookups to be one-night stands.

When Mark’s plans for New Year’
Published February 6th 2019 by Wicked Fingers Press

To ask other readers questions about Thief of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thief of Hearts

Start your review of Thief of Hearts
Heather
When he finds his New Year's Eve plan fall through, Mark Mannix attends his sister's party where he meets younger man, Owen Todd. Having devoted his life to no-strings hook-ups aside from long standing friends-with-benefits Alistair, Mark is surprised to find a connection with Owen. Determined to not let it be more will Mark change his mindset for the future? Will Owen be satisfied with the casual connection Mark is set on?

I gotta just start off by saying K Evan Coles just keeps getting better
Helena Stone
This was a surprising read, in the best possible way. What with it being a ‘Valentine’s Day’ release I expected, well…fluff. What I got, however, had way too much depth to be called ‘fluff’.

This story introduces us to Mark, a man who basically doesn’t believe in love and relationships. He has no problem with, and enjoys, friendships and the benefits they can bring. He just doesn’t think monogamy and long-term relationships are for him.

Enter Owen. From the moment Mark meets him there’s something
Fernanda Parente
Such a great book, I loved Mark but Owen really took my heart.
Mark doesn't believe in love and relationships and he says it upfront but when Mark meets Owen, what should have been a one-night stand turns into two, three, many nights. Owen, well Owen is such a sweet guy, younger than Mark, he is an absolute dream who has this connection to a man who isn't looking for the same thing as he.
This was a wonderful read. The only problem is that we want to read more and more
Kaye Hallows
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
I was rooting for these two from chapter one - and yes, sometimes that rooting involved screaming at Mark! - but the story unfolded at a natural pace that felt authentic to the characters. I fell hard for Owen, one of the most thoughtful and easygoing characters I've read in a while. I loved that he was able to be honest about his feelings in a way that was mature and reasonable without coming off as whiny or demanding. It was an unexpected twist that the younger character was the more ...more
Devoted♥Reader
A beary sweet love

I love it when people who are so sure they know what they want in life are blindsided by someone unexpected, and Owen is definitely the best kind of surprise. In fact he didn’t just steal Mark’s heart; he also stole mine. Although Mark is very stubborn and it took him awhile to recognize what he had, I’m glad he finally found “the mac to his cheese.” Full of heat and sweet moments, this is a love story you don’t want to miss out on.
Sally
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the way Mark grew both mentally and emotionally. It wasn't easy for him to change his mind about how he felt about love. But, Owen made it so worth the learning curve for him.

This is a charming story. K. did a great job of fleshing out these characters and story in a short story without it feeling rushed or contrived.
MsS
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 *
Jules Lovestoread
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of love for Mark and Owen!! <3 <3 <3 I would have liked a sliiightly stronger ending, but I liked where they ended up. It was a nice HFN. :)
Pat
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hook up turned more

This was a great read, what started as a hook-up turned into more, especially when Mark thought something bad had happened to Owen.
Misty
Jan 15, 2020
Nbrookstaylor
Jun 01, 2019
SD
rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2019
Hermann Denis
May 01, 2019
Samantha
Feb 16, 2019

• Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Unwrapping Ainsley (Project Runway #1)
  • Upside Down
  • Free Spirit
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Snowstorms and Second Chances: A Williamsville Inn Christmas Story
  • The Arrangement (Homestead Legacy, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • Snowflakes and Song Lyrics
  • The Bookmobile Baby (Nerds Who Knot, #2)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Baby, It's Cold Inside
  • The Secretary and the Ghost (Read by Candlelight #1)
  • Crossing the Touchline (Auckland Med Series Book 2)
  • Small Town Christmas
K. Evan Coles is a mother and tech pirate by day and a writer by night. She is a dreamer who, with a little hard work and a lot of good coffee, coaxes words out of her head and onto paper.

K. lives in the northeast United States, where she complains bitterly about the winters, but truly loves the region and its diverse, tenacious and deceptively compassionate people. You’ll usually find K. nerding

Stealing Hearts (2 books)
  • Healing Hearts (Stealing Hearts, Book #2)