Start by marking “Crownbreaker (Spellslinger #6)” as Want to Read:
Crownbreaker (Spellslinger #6)

Crownbreaker

(Spellslinger #6)

A failed mage learns that just because he's not the chosen one it doesn't mean he can't be a hero in final book of the Spellslinger series.

Once an outlaw spellslinger, Kellen Argos has made a life for himself as the Daroman Queen's protector. A little magic and a handful of tricks are all it takes to deal with the constant threats to her reign. But when rumors
Expected publication: December 10th 2019 by Orbit (first published October 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Crownbreaker, please sign up.
Sebastien Castell First off, I'm jealous of your reading speed!

First off, I'm jealous of your reading speed!

To answer your question, I'm hard at work on two new books set in the Spellslinger world but focused on a certain fast-talking wandering gambler. I'm also finishing the second draft on the next book in the Greatcoats world, which features a deeper dive into the Bardatti than we've seen before. So, lots more to come!(less)

Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Jul 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019
okay for real...the US covers for this series need to go away and be replaced by the glorious UK ones
Jon Adams
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That postscript was perfect.
Contrarius
Aug 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Dammit, I have to wait til DECEMBER??
Dreximgirl
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bloody loved this! Sebastien is hands down one of my favourite writers and the Spellslinger series has been such a joy to read. Kellen, Reichis, Ferius and the rest have all become such beloved characters and while I'm sad to say goodbye I'm happy that it was such a perfect ending. Everything came together and threads right from the start pulled together. Adored it. If you haven't read the series go read it now!!!
Yuli Atta - Damaged Pages
I loved this 😭😭
Helen Lane
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing end to one of my favourite series. I can’t figure out how anyone can write that well. Just make sure you keep reading past the author’s note to the very last page!
Dawn
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic final book! Very satisfying ending; a few things i guessed correctly and others were surprising. I loved watching Kellen mature and grow in many ways over the course of the series. Ferius is one of my all-time fave characters and was brilliantly written throughout. And as for Reichis, who doesn’t love a snarky, eyeball-eating squirrel cat?
jonathan finn
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ends on a high note

Crownbreaker is the final book , for now , in the Spellslinger Ya series. Spellslinger follows the adventures of kellen a exile and outcast from a nation of mages cursed with the ShadowBlack a mystical disease whose sufferers are killed on sight in many parts of the world, with most of his innate magic locked away due to events earlier in the series, kellen relies on tricks, deception and intuition to get by which makes in the parlance of his people a Spellslinger.

On the
Pen
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit that I begrudgingly picked up Spellslinger when I was in a reading funk and looking for something light and short to try and trigger my reading momentum. 6 books later I can attest to the fact that it just might have worked as I quickly became a big fan of the series. From characters, to story, to narration to cover art, every book has kept me wanting more and this one was no exception.

A fun, well rounded, exceptionally paced and thoroughly entertaining series. I have zero hesitation
Unreal51
Elizabeth McCubbin
May 02, 2019
PJ
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Crownbreaker [Dec 19, 2019] 2 46 Jul 18, 2019 11:07AM

• Maker's Curse (Millennium’s Rule, #4)
  • The Chosen (Contender, #1)
  • The Veiled Throne (The Dandelion Dynasty, #3)
  • Gallant
  • Eight Will Fall
  • Fate of the Fallen (The Shroud of Prophecy, #1)
  • Goddess in the Machine
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods, #1)
  • Crown of Oblivion
  • A Thousand Fires
  • Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3)
  • Lost Roads (Broken Lands, #2)
  • Unconquerable Sun (The Sun Chronicles #1)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Chilling Effect (Chilling Effect, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • Hero
Hi Folks!

My ninth novel, QUEENSLAYER is in stores in around the world.

You can get a pair of free stories here.

The best way to stay up to date is at www.decastell.com, but I'm also on that Facebook thing. Also that Twitter thing. One day I'll even remember to get on that Instagram thing.

As to who I am? Well . . .

Sebastien de Castell had just finished a de

Spellslinger (6 books)
  • Spellslinger (Spellslinger, #1)
  • Shadowblack (Spellslinger #2)
  • Charmcaster (Spellslinger #3)
  • Soulbinder (Spellslinger, #4)
  • Queenslayer (Spellslinger #5)