Start by marking “The Castle: A Bud Hutchins Thriller (Book #3)” as Want to Read:
The Castle: A Bud Hutchins Thriller (Book #3)

The Castle: A Bud Hutchins Thriller

(Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thrillers #3)

No rest for the wicked they say.
Barely catching their breath, Bud, Ivy, and Maeve find themselves pitted against the Chicago police, the FBI, and the world’s most powerful vampire. Will they escape injury-free or will the fangs of doom pierce their jugular veins?
The answers can only be found in The Castle: A Bud Hutchins Thriller.
The three slayers of the supernatural will

To ask other readers questions about The Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Castle

Start your review of The Castle: A Bud Hutchins Thriller (Book #3)
K.J. Simmill
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With his technology stolen and his robot beheaded, things didn't seem as if they could get any worse for Bud.  That was until the police arrested him, handing him over to FBI authority. The problem with being a genius, capable of amazing feats, is everyone wants your brain, especially the government. With promises of a lead on his grandfather Bud is tempted, however, soon more pressing concerns become paramount, concerns leading them to an ancient castle, and possibly their most dangerous challe ...more
Elsie Pitt
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JB has done it again! Bud is NOT ONLY CRAZY but he is a MAGNIFICENT PI! The way JB writes him is so enthralling you can't help but LOVE this character! With every book written this Buds story gets more involved and better. You learn more about him and fall more in love with him. JB knows how to write a supernatural thriller that gets the reader involved to the point of becoming part of the story. This has a host of character building and world building still but also leaves the reader wanting mo ...more
Amy Shannon
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Magnetic!

Michaels pens a magnificently magnetic story in The Castle. Again the reader gets to engage with hero Bud Hutchins, and the story is simply wonderful. It's filled with action, and the imagination of the author seems to be endless and very, no, more like extremely creative. It's a mystical supernatural thriller that keeps this reader lingering on every word, while excited to keep turning the page. Time to fight a very formidable opponent with the latest power-hungry, blood sucking vampir
Donna
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Castle is book 3 in the Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thrillers series. This is the first book I have read in this series and it was a wild ride. I was drawn into this tale from the opening page and experienced the action and emotions of Bud, Maeve, and Ivy. This was quite a roller coaster ride and I loved every minute of it. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I will be reading the first two books in this series to ketch up on Bud and companies adventures. I am anxiously waiting ...more
Genelle Themann
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is a thrill ride from start to finish. Bud, Ivy and Maeve are thrown into a battle against a formidable foe who is out to destroy or rule the world, whichever comes first. Mystical monks, shapeshifters, killer robots, vampires...what's not to like.
This was my first adventure with Bud and I have to admit that I was a little lost since I had not read the previous two books. I am in the process of catching up now, and then will be ready for the next thrill ride.
I was given a copy of the
Shweta
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Though this is the 3rd book in the series, this is the 1st one that I've read. All in all a good read with a likable cast of characters. An interesting plot keeps you engaged but since this was 3rd book and I had no background information it took me a while to grasp everything. Once I had caught up with what was happening it was a good & enjoyable read. ...more
Patsy Piscitella
Not disappointed. Bud and gang deliver all the snark and adventure you can handle.
Deb Le
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the series I've read, but it's easy to catch up with the characters. Fun and well written I really enjoyed this one.
Mike Siedschlag
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J. B. Michaels provided an e-copy of The Castle: A Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thriller for review.

The on going adventures of Bud Hutchins (genius) and The Order of St. Michaels (protectors of mankind and trees). This is the second Bud Hutchins book I have read and it is good to have read the earlier books. While the story does not specifically mention previous works, changes characters have undergone continue in the new book. Missing the earlier information could make the story a bit confusing.

T
Rita
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC from the author. I enjoyed this book about the monks of The Order of St Michaels. Again Bud Hutchins along with his side-kick Maeve lead the charge to save the day. Vicenties the vampire has decided he needs the IA equipment that Bud is working with. After stealing the robot, Bert, the vampire lures young people into traps and uses them to help him build more robots. This story is interesting. The characters are engaging. I would highly recommend this book to anyon ...more
Jill Urbanek Gauger
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of this book from the author. This is the first book I read in this series so I am late to the party but I really enjoyed this book. It had adventure and romance of sorts.
This book made me want to read the first two books.
J. B. Michaels writes about unique characters. Read this book after you have read the first two and you won’t regret it.
Quilting Tangent
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thriller Adventure.
Take a high speed thrill ride with The Order of St. Michael. Bud, Maeve and Ivy face off against a Shapeshifter and Vampires in this fast paced thriller. Enjoyed the story. Looking forward to the next book.
Donna Thompson
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
Bud Hutchins thrillers are exactly that, thrillers. They're also thrilling, full of thrills and a thrill ride. I can't say enough for this series, whose author keeps churning out one great book after another, each more exciting than the last. You'll be on the edge of your seat, with bated breath, as you wait to see if they'll be able to free themselves from each perilous predicament.

In this outing, Bud, Maeve, Ivy and The Order are facing some of the most terrifying challenges of their lives. Bu
Gail Newbold
I think this is one of those books/series that would be better if I physically read it.
I wasn't a fan of the narration - I felt it was a bit too aggressive, even though I usually love a British accent. The story wasn't bad, but it did remind me a lot of another series I'm reading by Shayne Silvers, the Temple Chronicles (which reminds me of the Hellequin Chronicles by Steve McHugh), so I was doing comparisons in my head.
Maybe its because of the male protagonist, secret magical society, anti-her
Bonnie Dale Keck
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kindle unlimited

FOUR of 5 so far, seems mix of urban fantasy and history, one of the few writers try to keep up with these days, in The Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thriller Series Books 1-3: The Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thrillers Collection #1 (Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thrillers 0.5–2 omnibus), no idea why it says book 3
Lmsahar
Jan 02, 2020
Seth
Feb 28, 2019
rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2020
mel toland
rated it did not like it
Jul 09, 2020
Jasamyn Patterson
Mary Cloud
Amber Niebaum
Feb 17, 2019

• Phantom of the Catacombs: A Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thriller (Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thrillers Book 5)
  • Scared to Death (Detective Kay Hunter, #1)
  • Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal #1)
  • Daughter of Souls & Silence (Rogue Ethereal #2)
  • Lady of Madness & Moonlight (Rogue Ethereal #3)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #2.5)
  • City of the Lost (Rockton, #1)
  • Super
  • A Darkness Absolute (Rockton, #2)
  • I See Us (Oracle #3)
  • Ms. Never
  • A Ghostly Gift (Southern Ghost Hunter mysteries, #1.5)
  • Southern Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #1)
  • The Skeleton in the Closet (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #2)
  • The Secret of the King's Tomb (Richard Halliburton Adventure #1)
  • What Happens Now?
  • This Fallen Prey (Rockton, #3)
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AND AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR!

Greetings! For the official site of JB Michaels head on over to http://mistermichaels.com/ for two free books!

J. B. Michaels, multi-award winning author and member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, has written stories since he was in fourth grade. He is a history teacher who loves his job.

Married and with a son, Michaels has

Bud Hutchins Supernatural Thrillers (3 books)
  • The Order of St. Michael: A Bud Hutchins Thriller
  • The Elixir: A Bud Hutchins Urban Fantasy (Bud Hutchins Thriller Book 2)

News & Interviews