Start by marking “The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)” as Want to Read:
The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)

The 19th Christmas

(Women's Murder Club #19)

3.90  ·  Rating details ·  18,334 ratings  ·  1,256 reviews
It's not sleigh bells that are ringing this Christmas.
As the holidays approach, Detective Lindsay Boxer and her friends in the Women's Murder Club have much to celebrate. Crime is down. The medical examiner's office is quiet. Even the courts are showing some Christmas spirit. And the news cycle is so slow that journalist Cindy Thomas is on assignment to tell a story ab
Published October 7th 2019 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about The 19th Christmas, please sign up.
Colin Buntain I totally agree Rae Marie. I unfortunately purchased this book but compared to most of the other books in this series this was very disappointing. Oth…moreI totally agree Rae Marie. I unfortunately purchased this book but compared to most of the other books in this series this was very disappointing. Other than Boxer not too many other characters surfaced. On top of this the story line tried to work towards a big build up but it just did not happen. There were no "twists and turns" like many others in this series. This will be the last in the Women's Murder Club series that I purchase Colin(less)
Susan I almost always find errors and inconsistencies in these stories but this one seemed to have more than most. I found myself yelling, "Someone please e…moreI almost always find errors and inconsistencies in these stories but this one seemed to have more than most. I found myself yelling, "Someone please edit these books!"(less)
Harry Potter Series Box Set by J.K. RowlingThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeBeneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. SullivanThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Best Books To Gift
954 books — 327 voters
The Golden Compass by Philip PullmanA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisLittle Women by Louisa May AlcottThe Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien
Winter Reads
1,055 books — 537 voters

More lists with this book...

·  18,334 ratings  ·  1,256 reviews

Start your review of The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
Matt
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
The Women’s Murder Club is back with another thrilling tale set in the days around the holiday season, headed by the great collaboration of James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. While out shopping with her family, Detective Lindsay Boxer encounters a man who is disrupting holiday shoppers as he flees in a panic. Once in an interrogation room, the man spills that he has news of an upcoming ‘big event’ that is set to happen on Christmas Day. Not wanting to take any chances, Lindsay takes up the case, ...more
Natalie M
Nov 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The one star because I can’t give a zero! Why, oh why, do I persist with Patterson and his posse of co-writers (oh yeah, they get my money)! I’m done with this JP series for good!

Women’s Murder Club has become a cast of one - Boxer!
Cindy appears briefly in the weirdest side story of the decade.
Yuki, the same, some weird side story that is so unbelievable it is unbelievable - pretty sure you’ll forget she even appeared.
Clare...a tango (literally) at the end.
Plot...starts off well enough but wha
jv poore
Lindsay Boxer has only one Christmas wish: to spend the day with her husband, daughter and their beloved Border Collie. She’s been with San Francisco Police Department long enough to know that “wish” is the right word.

Accustomed to the typical increase in crimes during the holidays, Boxer and her partner fully expect a frenzy the few days before Christmas. But, even their combined experience in law enforcement did not prepare them for the full-out chaos created by the most unassuming of men.

Thi
Sheri
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, fiction
I never got very interested in the storyline but soldiered on hoping my interest would increase. Unfortunately, in the end this was another disappointing read in the Women’s Murder Club series. My biggest grievance is that after all the buildup, everything wrapped up abruptly. It happened first when Yuki and Cindy’s wrongful imprisonment case was just suddenly resolved out of the blue in 2 sentences about 2/ 3 of the way through the book. It was noticeably abrupt and disappointing as that subplo ...more
Suzy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I just love this series and was super excited that Patterson teamed up with Paetro and decided to do a Christmas installment with the ladies of the Women’s Murder Club.

The holidays are the same as any other day when you’re in law-enforcement. When a criminal is planning to carry out a huge robbery, Lindsay Boxer and the rest of the group can kiss their quiet plans for Christmas goodbye.

I found the story to be really entertaining and held my interest til the end. The short, cli
Scott
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Let me be honest up front. I read most of James Patterson’s books and have for several years. Some might ask why and that’s another whole discussion best saved for another day. I have really enjoyed some, liked some, and didn’t really care for others. On a personal level, I must admit that his Women’s Murder Club series – focused on the professional and personal lives of four women in San Francisco - has been hit and miss over the last couple of years with more weak outings overall.

“The 19th Ch
Brenda
Sergeant Lindsay Boxer and her partner Rich Conklin were on the spot to catch the bag snatching thief but when they took him in to interview him, he gave them threads to a planned heist which would happen on Christmas Day. From then on, Lindsay barely saw her husband Joe and three-year-old daughter Julie as they chased leads, followed misinformation and generally grew more and more frustrated.

As the SFPD tried to cover every area they could think of, including the mayor, Lindsay and Rich inched
Skip
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-detective
2 stars. Lindsay and the SFPD are being led around by a master villain named Loman, who is planning a big score on Christmas Day. He is leaving clues everywhere to confuse and overwhelm the police, including a series of dead bodies. Yuki and Cindy and working on freeing an innocent man wasting away in the legal system, and Claire is pretty much gone (to a conference in San Diego.) It was nice to have Lindsay's ex-partner, Warren Jacobi, come back to assist. Other than pure greed, we really don't ...more
Monnie
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
By now, the 19th book in the series, the members of the self-described Women's Murder Club seem like old friends to me: San Francisco Police Department Detective Lindsay Boxer, attorney Yuki Castellano, medical examiner Claire Washburn and crime reporter Cindy Thomas. As usual, Lindsay's escapades take center stage in this one, with Yuki and Cindy getting some page time as they deal with inequities in the U.S. immigration system (a timely issue for sure). Claire shows up only a couple of times - ...more
Emma
Oct 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
I wish I could just let this series go. It's been a surface level churn for so long, I wonder what's wrong with me that I keep hanging on. This latest installment makes matters worse, and after the book with exploding cheeseburgers, that's surprising. Not only is the cat and mouse thriller a stinker, but the women don't even interact. Women's Murder Club. Seems like a weird element to leave out. They never meet to discuss the mystery, because really there isn't anything good to discuss, and the ...more
Mandy White
Another great installment of the Womens Murder Club. The series is showing no signs of slowing down. Loved that we get a sneak peak at book 20 at the end.
Bobbi
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Women's Murder Club books used to be my favorites of James Patterson's. I enjoyed the way the women all have different specialties and each used their expertise to help solve the crime of that particular book. There used to be a number of scenes with them working together and then meeting to enjoy each other during the process.

However, now the Women's Murder Club seems to be a club in name only. There is little to no interaction between the women and the cases they are working on don't even
Adrienne
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: james-patterson
4.5 really. I can only say a spot-on, wonderful, pre-xmas read. Of course I have a weakness for the Women's Murder Club series. This one was delightful.
Vanessa Lockhart
Nov 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Stacey
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh no! I love the Women's Murder Club series and look forward to each new installment. #19 was little bit of a let down.

I liked the whole Christmas feel when Lindsay and her family are holiday shopping when she witnesses a guy grabbing shopping bags from unsuspecting people. Her instincts kick in and she is in hot pursuit. When she does catch up to him and begins to interrogate him, he has key information about a guy "Loman" who is going to bomb the city. Boxer and her partner Conklin are on th
Eddie Brown
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
I love JP. This series turned me into a reader when I picked up 1st to Die but this book wasn't executed well. Loman is the brilliant criminal but then they magically find his photo, he turns into a dumb criminal and what exactly was he going to steal? The Joe plot should've been brought up during the actual book not the epilogue
Donna L
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t get it.

Really nonsensical plot. I have been following this series enthusiastically for years but the last couple have made me feel it’s time to move on.
Kathy
I have read all of the Women’s Murder Club books. This one was the worst by far. By about 3/4 through the book I really didn’t care who did what to who. I just quit. The characters seemed overly dramatic, the plot absurd and really just boring. I rarely give up on a book and waited longer than I should have to call it quits. I cared so little I didn’t look to see how it ended. I didn’t care. The last few WMC books haven’t been great but this one did it for me. I’m done with the series.
Suzanne
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

What a fast-paced read. I loved the Christmas setting and reading it in front of my Christmas tree made the setting even more so. Now to wait until March for the 20th Women’s Murder Club. The crime plot of this one moves at a good rate but it’s the epilogue that really adds even more so to this installment of the series.
Kay
Readable, but a weak one in the series. This one has a lot of Cindy, but not the other two friends. I think there's a lack of depth due to authors trying to crank out two books a year plus book shots. A let down.
Brandy
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! It was a 4.5 stars but rounded up since it was set in the season of giving - Christmas!❤️❤️🎄 The entire gang is back in this read - unlike the previous book. So it made this gal a happy reader!
Backyard Majority
Jan 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The authors should be unabashedly ashamed of themselves. Worst. Ending. Ever.
Tiffany PSquared
Not my favorite of this series, but a good story nonetheless. It made me really feel for all the public service providers who don't get to spend holidays with their loved ones because they're busy taking care of us.
They have my respect and gratitude!
Deb
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A really quick read. It was nothing special. Just another average Patterson book.
Carol Hennion
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is another in the women's murder club series and, while it was not the best of the series, it still kept my interest and included some surprises that I was not expecting.
Vicki
I love James Patterson and I love the characters in this series, Women's Murder Club. I know that Patterson writes in a lot of his books now with author Maxine Paetro, so I'm not sure who really wrote what but that doesn't matter.

Detective Lindsay Boxer is like the main MC of all the books in this series, although the other women play major roles as well and no book would be the same without them. This book is no different except that it's obviously set around the holidays. Lindsay "runs into"
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
Women’s Murder Club is my favorite of Patterson’s series and aside from Michael Bennet is the only one I pick up anymore. As they’re usually published in summer, 19th Christmas was a fun gift.
It definitely wasn’t my favorite of the series, but it was an okay pre-Christmas suspense read.

I liked the main storyline and thought it was clever at first, but then the “criminal mastermind” just kind of…lost his criminal mastermind groove? The ending was wrapped up too neatly and felt rushed. I kept w
Donna Hines
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Ring the bells the season is almost upon us and everything is coming up roses....
Well not quite!
It's time to deck the halls and begin to celebrate the approaching New Year, but why would we have normalcy.
There's a problem with this "Loman" character and readers are led on a chase to find out why.
So, of course panic ensues, time frames linger from past to present, plot twist are ratcheted up and quite frankly everything goes haywire.
After all a deadly surprise being offered up on Christmas in Sa
Sue
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable read. The twists and turns were really exciting and the hunt was so entertaining that one almost felt a let down when the killer got caught. I docked one star for 2 reasons. First, I didn't need to know 2 times how Lt Brady got his job. I know they repeat in case you are new to the series BUT twice? And the whole undocumented story line was not necessary. It was a fluffy story line that was not up to par with the abilities of Cindy the investigative reporter. The end of the that l ...more
Lindsey Gandhi
Another great installment to the Women's Murder Club series. I actually liked that this one focused more on only a couple of the ladies versus extensive storylines on each one. The plotline is brilliant. If I were a criminal, this is the book to read for a blueprint on how to carry out a robbery/heist.

• Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine #2)
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • Stealth (Stone Barrington, #51)
  • Treason (Stone Barrington, #52)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch, #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Walk the Wire (Amos Decker #6)
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • The Guardians
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Room with a Clue (The Park Hotel Mysteries #3)
  • The Perfect Smile (Jessie Hunt #4)
  • Masked Prey (Lucas Davenport #30)
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • Camino Winds (Camino Island #2)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Women's Murder Club (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, #4)
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6)
  • 7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)
  • The 8th Confession (Women's Murder Club, #8)
  • The 9th Judgment  (Women's Murder Club, #9)
  • 10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club, #10)