Start by marking “The Network (Jack Logan #1)” as Want to Read:
The Network (Jack Logan #1)

The Network

(Jack Logan #1)

A pulse-pounding, page-turning thriller involving corruption, secrets, and lies at the very deepest levels of government and media.

Late one night, investigative journalist Jack Logan receives a surprise visit from U.S. Senator Malcolm Phillips at his New York apartment. Disheveled and in a panic, the senator swears that he’s about to be murdered and pleads with Jack to
Expected publication: December 17th 2019 by Harper Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Network, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Network

Start your review of The Network (Jack Logan #1)
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Investigative journalist Jack Logan is contacted by a United States Senator for a meeting. It's been a while since they last talked and the Senator is behaving irrationally. The senator foresees his own assassination and is seeking help for himself and his wife, Taylor. Jack is left with a sealed envelope to be opened upon the senator’s his death.

Shortly after Senator Phillips’ death, Jack rushes to protect Taylor. He is unsure how she will react because they were once lovers. They make a quick
PamG
THE NETWORK by L. C. Shaw starts out as a straight thriller that later evolves into a Christian thriller with a good versus evil theme. L. C. Shaw is the pen name of author Lynne Constantine who also writes novels with her sister as Liv Constantine. This is the first book in a new series.

Investigative journalist Jack Logan is visited at home by U.S. Senator Malcolm Phillips. Phillips believes he will be murdered and gives Jack a sealed envelope in case he is killed and asks Jack to protect his
Patricia
What a dynamic novel to introduce a new series! I couldn't get enough of THE NETWORK. The story begins when Senator Malcolm Philips visits Jack Logan, an investigative journalist. Philips says he is about to be murdered and asks Jack to protect Philips's wife Taylor, who is Jack's former lover. So begins a novel of corruption and secrets! I highly recommend this novel, and I can't wait for the next one!

Camille Maio
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I could give it 10 stars, I would. This was an exceptional thriller from start to finish and a model for what a good book should be. It stayed just within the realm of reality as to be believable while stretching the reader's expectations for the genre in so many ways. Unless I am mistaken, this seems like book 1 in a future series and I will absolutely be awaiting the next.
Linda Zagon
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to L.C Shaw, Author in weaving the intense, captivating , suspenseful, and intriguing plot and the characters in this Psychological Thriller and Mystery. BE WARNED: I suggest that you don’t attempt to read this before you go to sleep. There are hauntingly vivid descriptions of horrific activity and planning. There are twists, turns, adventures, and the chase for life or death. The author describes her characters as complex and complicated. There are betrayals, conspiracy, secrets, and ...more
Tucker
Nov 16, 2019 marked it as review-copies-to-read

Many thanks to Heather at Harper for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | Reddit | LinkedIn | YouTube |
Alyson
Aug 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
At first I thought "It's a real formulaic thriller" then "Is it a parody of a thriller?", then "Oh she's gone Dan Brown on us with the biblical coins" then "Is this Christian fiction?" Every "good" character finds their faith and the bad characters don't have any religion. AND by bad, I mean sadistic, evil, out to destroy the world characters. I guess since, I'm not religious the author would group me with the world destroyers.
I like books with religious characters. It can really enhance the
Sandra Brannan
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS is an incredible read! Wonderfully spun threads of colorful stories that twisted me into knots to the very end. I love this kind of read! It keeps me on my toes. More than gratifying. Exceptional.
Ronald Barak
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good novel begins with a good title. THE NETWORK by L.C. Shaw is is no exception. Both the title and the story are terrific. So intricate. And so . . . deceptive!

I tend to read thrillers that take place in the here and now. This one flashes back to biblical times, and then works its way forward to all of the technology, science, medicine, and bio-ethics of modern times. If not, imaginatively, future times as well! I found it to be a masterful blend of historical thriller and religious
Kim Torre-Tasso
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Network: A Jack Logan Thriller systematically dismantled what I expected from a thriller and re-constructed my expectations into a novel that enthralled and captivated from the moment I picked it up. The story thrust me into the drama between Damon Crosse (a corrupt authority with a secret master plan) and Jack and Taylor (investigative reporters and ex-lovers united in their desire to halt Damon's efforts). Jack and Taylor's investigation and adventures bring the reader along on Shaw's wild ...more
KC
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Investigative journalist Jack Logan gets an unexpected visit from his former lovers' husband Malcolm Phillips, a U.S. Senator, who claims his life is in danger and begs Jack to keep his wife, Taylor, safe. Days later, Logan learns of Phillips' death and realizes that he must do everything in his power to protect Taylor while trying to uncover the truth behind the Senator's allegations. Politics, religion, and genetic manipulation, grace the pages of this fast paced thriller. For those who enjoy ...more
Aaron
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well written action novel with Christian & occult themes. Very much a good versus evil storyline that sells the reader on some of the machinations behind the downward spiral of society's values.
The characters are well developed and believable, although the antagonist gets a bit extreme at times in behavior and speech. The plotline has twists and surprises which should catch the reader unexpectedly.
The language and content are kept in check, but do contain some elements, especially
Rebecca
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Thanks to the publisher, via Netgalley, for an advance e-galley for honest review.

The Network jumps straight into the action- this story fills in the character information as it goes, and instead the first chapters read like diving into an action movie. It's a very quickly paced story with short chapters moving it along at quite the clip. It could essentially have been billed as a Christian thriller, and it's probably a decent comp for readers who are looking for something Dan Brown-esque.
Erin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprising one. I didn’t look up the author beforehand. It was as the description says, a page turning thriller. It was hard to keep up with all the characters at first but once we started splitting between time I was racing to piece it all together. It was more than half way that demons and God solidify as main points. For me it was a pleasant surprise; as a Christian it was reasonable and still well written. I’m in for more Jack Logan.
Gallery picked up from HarperCollins at ALA
Sheryle
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
When I realized the author of The Network was one half of the duo who wrote a book I had previously enjoyed, I Immediately wanted to read it. After a few chapters I was a little disappointed because, while the writing was skilled, the plot seemed scattered and overly ambitious. And, while all the components of a thriller were present, it was almost like they were being checked off a list. Despite these problems, it was an interesting story, until an absurd ending for which I’m taking off a star. ...more
E.J. Findorff
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Network was a great read. Due to my schedule, I had to read this in many short clips, but I kept coming back and I always remembered what was going on, even when I couldn't get to it for a few days. The sign of a great thriller. And talk about patience to let an evil plan come together! The antagonist was a bad dude who wanted some religious coins to complete his heinous puzzle. The problem was trying to figure out who was working for him, because surely someone had to be.
jeri gragg
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an exciting read. A fast-paced journey with non-stop action. A smidge of Dan Brown with a touch of Stephen King. Good versus evil, with lots of twists and turns.
Reads a Latte Thrillers
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered if there’s a secret group or person pulling all the strings to manipulate society? The Network is so many stories rolled into one. Deception, religion, abuse, and freedom (think Raiders of the Lost Ark with a dash of the Da Vinci Code). The story begins when Jack Logan is visited by his Senator friend Malcolm. Malcolm is in danger and wants Jack to help save his wife Taylor and their unborn child from powerful players who wish them harm. Jack and Taylor begin a ...more
Nicole reading_with_nicole
U.S Senator Malcom Phillips believes he is going to be murdered; he believes he will be assassinated and he is seeking help to protect his wife. He visits Jack Logan an investigative journalist at his home one day and gives him a sealed envelope in case he is killed.
Jack and Taylor use to be lovers and Jack is unsure how this will all work. Days after meeting with the Senator Jack learns he has been killed; now Jack and Taylor must uncover the clues left to them in the envelope.
This is the
Ashley Brook
I read the gripping novel The Network last month and found it a thriller in all senses of the word! Intrigue, bad guys, who to trust, who to believe, and a well-written story made this a wild ride! I could not wait to see what jam Jack Logan and Taylor would find themselves in next. It was an entertaining story and one that I will definitely recommend to my thriller-loving friends. Damon Crosse scared me to death and I am glad that he was a heavy of epic proportion only in this story. I won this ...more
Michelle
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! The action in this book begins on the first page and doesn't let up. It has it all - corruption, evil, conspiracy, heart-pounding action, along with a cast of characters you love (Jack & Talor) and hate (Damon Crosse). I enjoyed every thrilling page, with all their twists and revelations. Then, got to the end, pleased things were working out, and BAM! Okay, what just happened? There's going to be a sequel, right??!! ...more
Lisa Welch
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A definite page turner that was hard to put down. I kept guessing at how the pieces were going to come together, and I wasn't sure until things were actually revealed. The end leaves you with a bit of a cliff hanger, and I can't wait to see what comes next!
Donna Shaw
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story, though fiction, is frightening in that our society seems to be following the same path of decline. The forces of evil and greed are presented in a manipulated way and people are brainwashed into believing they're doing good. Wow, all I can say is wow. I don't give 5* often.
Jackie
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This book had me up all night with this amazing authors writing from beginning to end in this thrilling suspense filled mystery ! Jack is one of my favorite characters ever! Filled with all this and add some romance it was amazing!!!! Can’t wait to read more by this author! A must read!
Esther
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book started out with great promise with strong character development and suspense. It was spoiled for me by reversion to biblical times. I found myself skimming over large sections so did not finish it but passed it on to a friend.
DLC
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a page turner. Strong characters and great plot. Always kept me guessing. Hoping for more books to come from this new author.
Krista Joy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
A compelling read but I just couldn’t take some of the characters seriously.
Michelle
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t read many adult books because of an excess of language and sex.. This has a very little swearing and no sex. It is also an excellent mystery. I plan on reading more by this author.
Rick Stone
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, l could not put it down. I highly recommend it and cannot wait to read the next.
Lonnia Helton
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book. There's romance, murder and mystery. I had several aha moments.

• Highfire
  • The Grammarians
  • The Library of the Unwritten (Hell's Library #1)
  • A Good Neighborhood
  • Arroyo: A Novel
  • Show Me a Sign
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • Rise of the Dragon Moon
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World (Light the Abyss, #1)
  • A Madness of Sunshine
  • High Flying
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles, #1)
  • Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor
L.C. Shaw is the pen name of internationally bestselling author Lynne Constantine who also writes psychological thrillers with her sister as Liv Constantine. Her family wonder if she is actually a spy, and never knows what to call her. She has explored coral reefs all over the world, sunken wrecks in the South Pacific, and fallen in love with angelfish in the Caribbean. Lynne is a former marketing ...more

Jack Logan (2 books)
  • Untitled (Jack Logan #2)