Start by marking “Dora and the Lost City of Gold: The Deluxe Junior Novel” as Want to Read:
Dora and the Lost City of Gold: The Deluxe Junior Novel

Dora and the Lost City of Gold: The Deluxe Junior Novel

Dora and the Lost City of Gold is coming to theaters August 9, 2019 from Paramount Pictures, starring Isabela Moner, Benicio Del Toro, Eva Longoria, Michael Peña, and more.

Dora and the Lost City of Gold: The Junior Novel retells the entire action-packed adventure of the movie!

Adventure is . . . grown up.

Having spent most of her life exploring the jungle with her parents,

Published July 2nd 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Dora and the Lost City of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dora and the Lost City of Gold

Start your review of Dora and the Lost City of Gold: The Deluxe Junior Novel
Katherine Locke
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want you to know that I think it's absolute sin that this book only has 3 stars before I left this 5 star review.

This book is art.

This book is the type of meta fourth wall breaking cut the crap and let's get real type of book I've been waiting for my entire life.

This book pulls no punches. There's a song about digging holes for poop. Dora tells Sammy it's medically necessary. That's VITAL life information. This book could save lives with scenes like this.

And that pivotal Boots plot twist?
Kend
I am ... not at all sure who this book is written for, unless it was written specifically for me. It takes its source material just seriously enough for readers to feel the affection its author, Steve Behling, must feel for the original show––but it is also self-aware of its own ridiculousness to a degree I've never seen in a book before. That's right, this book breaks the fourth wall. ALL. THE. TIME. And it plays with its cartoon heritage in a memorable mushroom-esque spore trip that messes ...more
Renata
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a treat. I think the book and movie both will appeal to tweens who grew up with Dora and are ready to poke some gentle fun at her educational antics will still having a real fondness for her adventures.

Luke Beeman
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The plot is pretty predictable and uninspired, so why am I giving this book 5 stars? And for that matter, what was I doing reading the novelization of a Dora the Explorer movie in the first place? The answer to those questions is that I saw some excerpts making the rounds on Twitter that were so completely unbelievable that I absolutely had to verify them for myself, and having now read the book I can still barely believe this thing exists; the ways they make use of the Dora the Explorer IP are ...more
Katie Cook
"Swiper no swiping!" Dora called out.
"He has angered the gods," said the empress.

“A golden poison frog. Its skin is lethally toxic and can cause full-body paralysis. Can you say ‘severe neurotoxicity’?”

Again, unclear who’s supposed to say this, exactly. So, if you feel compelled, now’s the time to say
SEVERE NEUROTOXICITY
and we’ll keep moving.

What did I just read?????
Lacy
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only read this because of social media... and I have no regrets. It is a fun book. \_(ツ)_/ ...more
farmwifetwo
Kid 2's Grandparents took him to the movie which he enjoyed and he read the book for home reading.
Lauren
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Kind of dumb, but it's dumb in a good way. Unexpectedly weird and silly and it got me to laugh out loud quite a few times. I doubt I would like the movie, but this was worth a read.
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review of this ridiculous novel on my blog: https://sarahsreads.home.blog/2019/09...
Amanda
Ashley
Aug 24, 2019
Tharushi
Oct 18, 2019
The Worst Bestsel...: Episode 131 - Dora and the Lost City of Gold 1 15 Sep 03, 2019 08:07AM

• Dear Sweet Pea
  • Stage Dreams
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • The Twisted Ones
  • Arcadia
  • Someone Who Will Love You in All Your Damaged Glory
  • Book Love
  • The Heretic's Daughter
  • When Life Gives You Pears: The Healing Power of Family, Faith, and Funny People
  • Lumberjanes: Bonus Tracks
  • Chase Darkness with Me: How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders
  • To the Land of Long Lost Friends (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #20)
  • Making the Monster: The Science Behind Mary Shelley's Frankenstein