Start by marking “Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)

Get a Life, Chloe Brown

(The Brown Sisters #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  23,953 ratings  ·  4,881 reviews
Chloe Brown is a chronically ill computer geek with a goal, a plan, and a list. After almost—but not quite—dying, she’s come up with seven directives to help her “Get a Life”, and she’s already completed the first: finally moving out of her glamorous family’s mansion. The next items?

• Enjoy a drunken night out.
• Ride a motorcycle.
• Go camping.
• Have meaningless but thoroug
Published November 5th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Get a Life, Chloe Brown, please sign up.
Ayoola I find this to be an odd question, considering that this book is an adult romance novel, and explicit sexual content is a common (though admittedly no…moreI find this to be an odd question, considering that this book is an adult romance novel, and explicit sexual content is a common (though admittedly not ubiquitous) feature of adult romance novels. I think that would be similar to taking umbrage with a science fiction book taking place in the future. Do all scifi books take place in the future? No, but it's a common enough feature that it would be strange to find fault with that. If that isn't what you wanted to read about, why would you choose something in that genre?(less)
Megan (bookstorebinge) As someone from the UK, I would say it is an American import and only seems to have gained popularity in more recent year. I think it part this is due…moreAs someone from the UK, I would say it is an American import and only seems to have gained popularity in more recent year. I think it part this is due to campfires being less common here (although I do say this as someone who doesn't really camp so I could be very wrong). Toasting marshmallows has been common, but we would not ordinarily put it between two biscuits (graham crackers?) with chocolate. (less)

·  23,953 ratings  ·  4,881 reviews

Start your review of Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
Kat
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, favorites
oh my god, this is a romance i do indeed fuck with

i really liked it, like, REALLY liked it. (like like like like) and i think we all know that romance isn't usually my jam, i am always skeptical to dip my toes in the steamy waters, soooooo this was a whole ass Win for me (and i will possibly never shut up about it)

let me list all the things i liked,,,,pls i've got to get it out somewhere *clears throat*

- wonderfully relatable mc in chloe brown. a relief for my romantically inept, introverted so
chai ♡
I used to think that 20/22 years old people were adults with a job and a house of their own…and here I am reading romance to fill the void inside my heart.
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Upgraded review: this book is a real gem and I wish it got nomination from best romance category. Because in my opinion this is one of the surprising, emotional, humorous, smart, remarkable books of the year!!!

Wow 4.25, I wasn’t expecting to like this book so much, I was so ready to have an easy peasy cheesy rom-com reading but I got: emotions are everywhere, heart wrecking second chances of traumatized, struggling two beautiful soul’s story and I adored, devoured, savored and finally found my j
Roxane
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charming romance novel involving a woman with chronic pain and an attitude to mask it and her building’s super, a giant man with long flowing red hair and a tender, wounded heart. Well written, great banter, sexy vibes. Refreshing to see a romance novel about people with real problems while also including all the things we love about romance novels. Took way too long to get to the sex! Just way too long.
Chelsea Humphrey
BOTM pick for November 2019!

I've been extremely generous with my 5 star ratings recently, but Talia Hibbert is an author that truly earns every freaking star she receives. She's a national treasure and we do not deserve her, folks. If you enjoy meaningful romances that are as diverse as they are steamy, please do yourself a favor and pick this one up. Dani's story is next in the trilogy, and you bet I'm waiting on pins and needles for it to be released. *FYI, this book does contain graphic sexua
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Get a Life, Chloe Brown ★★★★★
#2 Take a Hint, Dani Brown ★★★★★
#3 Act Your Age, Eve Brown

"Choke, Redford. Just choke."
He seemed to adore her more every second.

This is such a hard review for me to write, not because I'm upset about what to say, but the opposite: because it was so damn good that I just want to screech incoherently until you ALL go buy it immediately and shove your faces into this incredible, hilarious, swoon-worthy, steamy, gorgeous, complex little rom-com. ♥ It's genuinely eve
Warda
This story is literal happiness.

————————

99 pennies on kindle, lads! ✌🏾

————————

This turned my guarded-mushy heart into a puddle. This book attacked me defences, destroyed my emotions and left me with a stupid, lopsided grin on my face and tears casually strolling down my cheeks.
I don’t even know who I am anymore.

I knew half-way through reading this book that I would re-visit this story again and it would be infinitely better the second time round, and the third, etc.

What I love about Talia Hib
Chloe
THIS WAS TRULY EVERYTHING AHHHH
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I am SO happy to report that I loved it just as much as I was hoping I would. Chloe was so strong and smart and hilarious and Red was so swooney and kind and loving and MY HEART IS SO FULL. If you want to read a romance that is equal parts sexy and swooney, look no further. PLUS THERE IS A CAT WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT
emma
This is the book equivalent of a Double Stuf Oreo. (This is not a typo - for reasons unknowable, the frosting-like contents of an Oreo are branded as “stuf.” With one F. Which somehow makes the already-gross idea of ingesting something as vaguely and euphemistically named as “stuff” even grosser.)

Anyway, it takes an already good thing (an Oreo, or a romance novel) and takes the thing that makes it good (the aforementioned Stuf, or the romance novel stuff I will discuss later), and gives you more
Samantha
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
tw: recovering from an abusive relationship

This book was a delight. Hate-to-love with lots of banter and a sort of opposites attract. The chronic illness rep was amazing. While I myself do not have a chronic illness, my best friend does and we talk about how that effects daily life. The entire time I was reading this all I could think of is "she has to read this!"

What I especially loved about the relationship is encapsulated by this line: "I need you. I'm desperate for you. I'm something without
Larry H
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Get a Life, Chloe Brown is a rom-com that really made me think. (Plus: super steamy.)

Chloe Brown is feisty and independent, but the chronic pain of her fibromyalgia leaves her choosing the safe path more often than not, and she doesn't let people help her for fear she’ll be a burden.

"She hadn't always been like this, a tongue with the tip bitten off, her feelings squashed into a box. But help and concern, even from the people she loved—even when she needed it—had a way of grating.
preoccupiedbybooks
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A wonderful, sweet and sexy tale of enemies to lovers, but also an emotional story about healing 😍

I loved this book soooo much! This was hands down my favourite romance book of the year so far! I had already read, and loved A Girl Like Her by Talia Hibbert, so I was so excited to get an ARC of Get a Life, Chloe Brown. I love the diversity in this author's books, but also the unexpected emotional depth. I must also mention the author's note at the start. She actually included a trigger warning fo
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Avon for the advanced review copy!

This book struck the perfect balance between feel-good and meaningful. At the same time that there were important discussions about chronic pain and abusive relationships, it was also so damn cute and fun and lighthearted. I loved Chloe and Red's banter and the way that they supported one another, and this book was so addicting that I read it practically in two sittings--which is rare for me nowadays. It definitely held up to my expectations.

The one p
Gabby
This was so freaking cute. This was the first book I finished for Romanceathon and I can't get over how cute this book is. Chloe Brown is such a sarcastic, hilarious character and I feel like there's so much important representation within her character because she's British, she's Black and she has a chronic illness that gives her chronic pain, which I don't think I've ever read about a character in a romance who suffers from chronic pain.

Talia Hibbert's writing is such a breath of fresh air an
Paromjit
This is a lovely rom-com by Talia Hibbert, set in Nottinghamshire featuring IT website designing geek, Chloe Brown, whose life was ripped apart 10 years ago when she suffered a debilitating bout of pneumonia, which left her so weak and exposed further health issues. She suffers from chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, an invisible disability that affects every aspect of her life, leaving her dependent on a mass of daily medications. She has good days and bad days, often breathless, easily tired, often n ...more
EmBibliophile
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
5 stars ‘Button’ stars

This was my first Talia Hibbert book and I’m in love!! This was such a really sweet sexy romance with the exact perfect dose of humor.

I loved everything about this book;
•The banter between the characters made me feel so happy. Is it bad that I want someone to banter with? Because I do and I hope that it doesn’t make me a bad person, lol. I was smiling like a fool whenever these two start to banter. They were so adorable.

•Chloe is an amazing character. I loved her and how s
Cristina Monica
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
I am pleased to say that this started out wonderfully and displeased to announce that it progressively turned into a typical romance with typical scenarios and typical conversation. Bummer!
mina reads™️
3.75stars
Man...their final argument before the whole epic grovel was soooo unnecessary. But this book had some great representation, funny quips, steamy goodness and some truly adorable moments.

Anyway, please Miss Hibbert give us the story of Gigi and Shivani.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

My face when I saw the rating for this one . . . . .

Oh I was so looking forward to it. Sadly . . . . . .

Coincidentally, Chloe herself was a bit of a Debbie Downer. Not to mention . . . .

I love when what should theoretically be simple romcoms tackle larger issues as the case was here with the leading lady suffering from chronic pain due to fibromyalgia and the leading male dealing with . . . something else that I’m not goi
sarah xoxo

Get a Life Chloe Brown was
hilarious
sexy
heartwarming
empowering
a freaking delight.

The witty, sarcastic dialogue and banter had me hooked from the first page, but what kept me reading was the characters. Everyone, from the main couple to their cat smudge had such distinct and lively personalities that it feels like they should all have their own book. (yep, even the cat)

Chloe was such a badass, I loved the way Talia Hibbert wrote her chronic pain, she didn't gloss over the illness, but it wasn't he
Hollis
The fact that this book exists makes me a little less angry that the world is a dumpster fire. Which isn't to say that the world should continue stinking and burning, just that.. maybe this is proof we might one day be okay. Because this book? This b o o k.

She hadn't always been like this, a tongue with a tip bitten off, her feelings squashed into box. But help and concern, even from the people she loved — even when she needed it — had a way of grating. Of building up, or rather, grinding down.
bella farren
5 / 5 stars

“It’s very awkward, dating while disabled. People can be quite awful. And you know I don’t have much energy to spare for social nonsense.”

I can't even begin to explain what this book meant to me. I have never, in my entire life, read a book with a character that has suffered exactly like me. To see what I have been through reflected on a page, and to see the beautiful story of self-betterment and healthy romance that Chloe went through had me in tears. There was just a lot of tear
K.J. Charles
A pure exuberant delight. I loved this book.

It's just terrific. A romcom where the hero is really suffering the aftereffects of emotional abuse--not suffering in that Romance Hero "I will be emotionally cold and an alpha dick" way, but actually really hurt, emotionally vulnerable, can be triggered, and is nevertheless not in the slightest inclined to take it out on other people or to blame All Women for one abusive relationship. How rare. The heroine is fat (15 stone! Actually fat!) and disable
jaime ⭐️
book 12 out of 100

Image kindly provided by the lovely Angela!

This is my first book by Talia Hibbert and I can safely say it won’t be the last. I absolutely adored every second reading this book. I’m so glad I’ve given romance novels a chance because they are some of my favourite stories I’ve read in the past six months.

Talia Hibbert’s writing style and the effortless inclusion of representation and diversity has to be one of my favourite parts of this story. Her voice is just so witty and the
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
RTC

------------

Here's why I need this book yesterday:

-The MC is a woman of color
-The MC is chronically ill
-The MC is a computer geek
-Bucket lists
-Drunken Nights
-Hot guys
-Sex scenes

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Aoife - Bookish_Babbling
This book could easily be the romance by which I ruthlessly judge all others going forward. It ticked all the boxes:
✔ fun & funny
✅ swoony & steamy
✔ 'enemies' -> friends -> lovers
✅ characters that COMMUNICATE
✔ representation in the MCs & brilliant sub-characters out the wazoo for spin-off options
✅ realistic acknowledgment/discussion of sensitive topics between people who have walked different paths in life

I related so hard to Chloe's use of sarcasm as a form of protection. Mix in some self-depre
Natasha Niezgoda
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
STEAMMMMY times 2!!

Chloe Brown, you fox! 🦊 This was HAWT! Weet Wooh! (Please tell me you know that reference 🔪)

description

Anyway, Get A Life, Chloe Brown is an EXTREMELY witty rom-com between (you guessed it) Chloe Brown and Redford Morgan (god, I like that name). It’s through some fateful twists of events that Chloe beguiles Red into falling madly in lust *cough* I mean love with her. But there’s no shortage of complications. And that just makes for a page-turning story!

Now... I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH,
Emer (A Little Haze)
I read this book for one reason and one reason alone... because it has illness rep. I needed to read a cute romance novel that fully explored what it means to live with chronic illness and pain. Because as you all probably know by now I live with chronic illness and pain so seeing a lifestyle on the page that I identify with is something that really moves me and makes me feel seen.

And this book 100% delivers on that.

Like truly this book excels at diverse representation:

The main character of Ch
Trina (Between Chapters)
Chloe is a fat, disabled, black woman. While I can't personally speak on the fibromyalgia or racial rep, they are ownvoices.

As a fat reviewer, I thought the fat rep was *chef's kiss.* Her weight is never used as something to be overcome, there are no teachable moments, it's barely even mentioned. She's confident and is desired by the love interest because of how she looks, not DESPITE it. There are zero moments where her size is seen negatively or holds her back. It's just who she is! Literally
Portal Of Books: * July 10th: Chapter 22-24 + Epilogue 1 5 Jul 10, 2020 04:46PM
Portal Of Books: * July 9th: Chapter 19-21 1 4 Jul 09, 2020 01:39AM
Portal Of Books: * July 8th: Chapter 16-18 1 4 Jul 08, 2020 01:41AM
Portal Of Books: * July 7th: Chapter 13-15 1 3 Jul 07, 2020 06:59AM
Portal Of Books: * July 6th: Chapter 10-12 1 5 Jul 06, 2020 06:51AM
Portal Of Books: * July 5th: Chapter 7-9 1 6 Jul 05, 2020 04:21AM
Portal Of Books: * July 4th: Chapter 4-6 2 6 Jul 04, 2020 05:40AM

• The Worst Best Man
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Beach Read
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Love Lettering
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • If I Never Met You
  • The Earl's Christmas Pearl (Duke's Daughters, #4.5)
  • Tweet Cute
Talia Hibbert is a USA Today bestselliing author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. She also

The Brown Sisters (3 books)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Act Your Age, Eve Brown (The Brown Sisters, #3)

Articles featuring this book

“So I’m doing it for you because that’s how people should behave; they should fill in each other’s gaps.” 11 likes
“You think this is a big deal because, no offense, you've had a lot of people in your life who claimed to care about you but didn't act like it. That's not me. I can cook, and right now, you can't. So I'm doing it for you because that's how people should behave; they should fill in each other's gaps. Don't think about it too hard.” 10 likes