Start by marking “Clique Bait” as Want to Read:

Clique Bait

Pretty Little Liars meets Burn for Burn in this thrilling debut from Wattpad star Ann Valett.

Chloe Whittaker is out for revenge. Last year her best friend Monicas life was unceremoniously ruined by the most popular students at their high school, so this year Chloe plans to take each and every one of them down. She traded her jeans and T-shirts for the latest designer
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by HarperTeen

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 28, 2020

Enter for the chance to win an advance copy of CLIQUE

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 1893 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 17 - Apr 14, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Clique Bait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clique Bait

Start your review of Clique Bait
    Candace Robinson
    So this one was a lot of fun! It had sort of a Gossip Girl type vibe mixed with some other things!

I really thought Chloe was an awesome character, and I could see why she would want to get revenge. But sometimes things may not always be what they seem. She blackmails this dude, Will, into helping her join the Level One crowd, and oh boy, I seriously liked him. He wasn't perfect but he was pretty dang close!

There are twists and turns and interesting reveals! The writing and dialogue were A+. Now
    Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
    This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

Clique Bait by Ann Valett (an Australian author!) is a high school rich mean girls revenge and fake dating story set in an American high school, with a cynical lead vowing to get revenge on the mean kids clique that did something terrible to her ex-best friend. It's full of glitz and glamour, loads of backstabbing and bitches, allegedly some hot guys (I didn't see it, sorry!), so I can definitely see the appeal of that kind of novel. I
    Paula  Phillips
    Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Cora Tea Party Princess
    Review to come!
    Vee_Bookish
    Feb 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
    This sounds like a twist on Mean Girls?

GIVE ME IT.
    Grace Collins
    May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This story was unique and very well-written. I thoroughly enjoyed it for its realistic depiction of relationships in High School and the harsh reality of dealing with things like revenge. With a little mystery trickled in there and an immense desire to know what happens in the next chapter, I couldn't put the story down. This is my review of the online version. I'll extend once I read the published copy!
    The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
    I am a huge Jenny Han fan, so I am intrigued by the Burn for Burn comparison in the synopsis. Friends that stick up for one another are characters that I love. It shall be interesting to see how the romance plays into the story.
    Taschima
    Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
    Not gonna lie, reading Foul Is Fair might have ruined me for other revenge stories. IT WAS THAT GOOD.

Anyways..

Well, I can see the appeal.

Click Bait is definitely compulsively readable. It is just so easy to fall into the story, I finished it in two days flat.

HOWEVER, there are still things that could have been further developed, and the plot twist was kind of weak.

One of the highlights of Clique Bait was the relationship between Chloe and William. It actually snuck up on me. At first they are
    Marie
    Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2020-releases, arcs
    Real Rating: 4,5 stars.
    I had SO much fun with this one. It was such an entertaining read I wanted to devour it all. I liked the fake-dating romance and how it slowly developed, I liked the determined main character and yeah, I had a lot of fun with that one and would definitely recommend it for fans of all the drama.

Full review coming soon! :)

Thank you to the publisher for the e-ARC of this book. This did not, in any way, influenced my thoughts and rating.

My Blog - Drizzle & Hurricane
    hayaat ♥
    Feb 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
    i read this forever ago on wattpad, and i really liked it!! so i'm v excited to see this version (and hopefully like it as much)
    A Novel Love
    Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Actual rating 4.5 stars. YASS! This is the kind of trash that I love and please know, Im not using trash as an insult. At all. This is amazing to me, but lets be real its not exactly hard hitting stuff is it? But my word did I enjoy this guilty pleasure. To me, its just as good as Mean Girls (the film).

When I was younger, this would have been my nightmare. I never watched Gossip Girl or Pretty Little Liars or any of those types of trashy shows that this book is being likened to. So Ive got no
    Taylor Hale
    Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I received an ARC of this book and it is SO GOOD.

This is so much more than a story about revenge or the high school "elite" - it's incredibly nuanced, and so realistic in the end. The mix of vulnerability and fierce drive from Chloe really made me root for her, and Will was such a sweet love interest. The romance is so well-written, and the relationships between the characters are complicated and layered. I consumed this book in one day, which is very rare for me, but I couldn't put it down. The
    Read by Coco ✨
    Jan 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
    OoOoOOoOooOh I LOVE a good revenge story.

description
    Jerico
    Extending my deepest gratitude to Edelweiss and HarperTeen for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review. However, this does not affect any opinions or feedback stated concerning the book whatsoever.

TW: Death, Buĺlying/Cyberbullying, Extreme peer pressure

FRTC upon its official release.

This book got me hooked enough to give it 4 delightful stars. I loved it enough to keep me going but it kinda dragged on for too long. This is a revenge movie filled with teen angst and drama that
    Jay
    Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
    2.5/5

I read this book when it was on wattpad and I think there was a lot of improvements but I preferred the wattpad version since it had more drama. I liked Chloes character and how she wasnt always morally right but I felt like the author held back from taking her arc all the way. The romance was cute but I think it had more potential and I felt like a lot of the characters werent developed well and couldve been more interesting. overall I liked this book but it had potential to become wayy
    Liv
    Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I love a clever title, so Clique Bait drew me straight in. Hugh school drama is difficult to get right without seeming either overly dramatic or condescendingly childish, but this story does it well.

Opening with a letter penned from teenager Chloe to her absent best friend Monica, Clique Bait quickly presents you with a myriad of questions. What follows is a story of blackmail and revenge.

I felt this book was very well written, making the characters real and vulnerable. At points, I wasn't
    Ellie M
    Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
    Whoa. I don't think I've seen so much drama and so many plot twists in a young adult novel since That Night. I can't fit it all into one review. This was one of the few times where I was okay with the fact that I didn't really like any of the characters because I was so invested in all of them. Chloe, Sophie, Maddy, Jack, all of them. I do think it was too easy to guess what happened to Monica, though. Also, it simultaneously used American terms like "senior year" and "mom" but also British ones ...more
    Grace
    Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
    Not my cup of tea.
    I did enjoy some of deeper themes and the way the author wrote about the relationship, but I dont think Im the right person to review as I never read books of this genre. Just not for me.

Fanna
    Dec 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: 2020-releases
    - author is a wattpad star
    - revenge + romance
    - thriller with twists
    - comparable to Pretty Little Liars
    || Soph ||
    Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
    petty drama is my middle name
    Louisa
    Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Really enjoyed this book about revenge, it was a fantastic read! And it's a bit like no-world-at-stake, stakes, spying, infiltrating! Really great read!
    Maike
    Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Allison Defiore
    Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I enjoyed this so much! Such a fun read. I couldn't put it down.
    Lilac
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I this this book is phenomena and really takes a high school romance to an intense level of depth and darkness. Plz read it
    lennon a.
    Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    it was amazingly written and i was so captured by the entire plot. it had me sobbing and laughing. so well written:)
    Donna
    Shelves: own, arc, dnf
    DNF.
    Shelby Patterson
    Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I read this book on Wattpad and I ABSOLUTELY loved it. Ann is such a talented writer, and I cant wait to see where this book and her up and coming novels take her. Clique Bait is out April of 2020 ...more
    Vanessa
    damn, okay. Blow me away why don't you.

Put simply: Basic Girl Chloe plots to get revenge on her school's elite squad. She'll infiltrate, gather evidence, and slowly build their pyre in order to get revenge for what they did to her ex-bestie. Clique Bait (get a load of that great title) tugs you this way and that, playing with how Chloe's portrayed: is this right? Is she just as bad as them? Or is it what these bitches deserve (Love, A)?

It's perfectly made for Pretty Little Liars fans -
    Hannah Z
    Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I read this book on Wattpad back in 2017, and I'm so happy for Ann that this book is finally getting published and getting the recognition it deserves!! This book had me feeling every emotion you could think of, from suspense to frustration, from adoration to hurt, from something to everything. This is one of the few books for me that I would never be able to forget, even if I wanted to, and I definitely don't want to forget about this emotional and beautifully-woven masterpiece!

P.S. You bet
    « previous 1 3 next »

• All Your Twisted Secrets
    • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)
    • Cupid's Match
    • The Upside of Falling
    • The Cell Phone Swap
    • Rules for Being a Girl
    • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
    • I Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know
    • Time of Our Lives
    • The Twin
    • Belle Révolte
    • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
    • Redemption Prep