Start by marking “5,331 Miles” as Want to Read:
5,331 Miles

5,331 Miles

We spent a lifetime chasing firefly dreams

Jaxson and I devised a life list when we were kids in Holmes Chapel. Just a few things on that list:

*Climb the Eiffel Tower.
*Visit every zoo in the world.
*Eat peanut butter every day.

Published March 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about 5,331 Miles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5,331 Miles

Christy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars

photo 60DB4714-C337-4235-B006-A348A2135D2D_zpsag9byu2d.png

Jaxson and Mirabelle’s story was a ride. It’s been a while since I’ve read such an angsty second chance romance. This one truly hooked me!

Jaxson and Belle have been friends since they were children. Their mothers are best friends as well. When Jaxson moves to America, it feels like Belle’s life is ending. Then, she and her mom pick up and move there just a year later. Their friendship feels a little different though. Jaxson is a year older than Belle and has a girl friend. Belle does
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
We spent a lifetime chasing firefly dreams
*Climb the Eiffel Tower.
*Visit every zoo in the world.
*Eat peanut butter every day.
But all the promises he made dissolved into dust, so when he comes around years later wanting to go live out our list, I want no part of it...or him. The universe seems to agree with
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 “Mira & Jaxson Forever” Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mirabelle Hart & Jaxson Marshall were inseparable growing up together in Holmes Chapel, England. Their mums were best friends, and so were they. They'd been each others everything for years, and then life happens, and they spend some time apart. When they are reunited things don't fall back into place quite the same. They both grow and change over time, and move in different directions. It seems their feelings had never aligned a
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and sexy childhood friends to lovers romance... As young adults we make mistakes but when we learn from them and try to fix the mistakes of the past to win back the love of the one who always mattered the most, that's when the true romance comes in.

“When did you start saying all the right things again?”
“When I remembered to start saying what I really feel instead of what someone might want to hear…”

*le sigh*

Willow Aster
Feb 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

Berry ♡ Nice
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Olive You"

I will definitely be reading more by this author. My 1st book by her and I very much enjoyed.

❤ This is a very cute-charming-heart twitching-coming of age-real friends-romantic story. ❤

I loved going on Mirabelle and Jaxson's journey and seeing them grow. It is told in a past/present which adds a little uncertainty (anxiousness) and a bit of a guessing game of "What did they do?" I didn't want to stop reading...

It's easy to read, page turner with a great flow of events.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ⭐'s

**review to come**
Layne
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐

This was such a fun book to read. I really loved the way the chapters were divided - the past and present both took turns building the story. It added a depth and dimension to Jaxson and Belles’ tale. The history they shared, both heartwarming and heart wrenching, helped make me feel invested in their lives. Willow’s impeccable writing painted the perfect mental picture often making me feel as though I was watching the action play out in my head. I enjoyed this one so much. And, of course,
Chele'
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mirabelle and Jaxson put me through it!

This is sweet and sour.

This is angsty and beautiful.

This is a second chance romance spanding over years!

Mirabelle "Bells" and Jaxson have been best friends their whole lives, inseparable. So are theirs mothers, so close that when Jaxson's family moved from the small town in  England to California....Bells family followed 6 months later.

They've always had this list, list of things they're going to do and accomplish together. Always together. One of thos
Camila Matuella
Mar 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
No início até que tava bom, mas parece que desandou, o presente ficou tãoo chato que nem queria mais ler o livro, mas consegui acabar *com muita força de vontade*.

:(((
Caroline B. Menezes
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Se a autora focasse só no passado , com ctz seria 4 estrelas mas o presente/futuro foi difícil de engolir ...
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this story. Willow Aster never seizes to amaze me with her writing game. This slow burn, friends to lovers romance made me burn, bleed, and cry all at once. I loved these characters. I saw myself in them. The emotions that stir you as a teenager and harden you as an adult. Gosh this story was so fantastically beautiful, yet heart breaking.

I’m very picky when it comes to past to romance. I usually get bored very fast. In this story I was reading so damn fast just to get back
Courtney
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

I was lucky enough to receive an arc for Willow's latest release and it was nothing short of amazing. And it really made me wonder why I have only read one other book by her - I am truly scratching my head on this one.

Anyway, 5,311 Miles is truly a testament to young love; a true friends to lovers romance.

Jaxon and Mira have been friends for their entire lives. But during high school, things were different and their friendship fell apart.

I really enjoyed Mira and her the strength sh
Amy Malek concepcion
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I love angsty romances so this second chance was great. This goes back and forth from present to past and it works. Jaxson and Mirabelle grew up as best friends and they create a List for the future to do together but when he moves from England to California of course things change. Now he wants a second chance with Bellls ready to cross off things their list.
I had all kinds of feels with this story. I loved Jax I hated Jax, I loved Jax again. The back and forth was perfect. And I have
Tiffany
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story of friendship and love. So many different feelings and emotions while reading this story and so many smiles as well.

I have read a collaborated book by Willow and it was great. I always wanted to read her words and I am so happy I finally did.

Jaxson and Mira’s story is a must read it will take you on a beautiful journey.

Carmela Rustico
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I've been in a serious book funk the past while but I managed to finish this book in less than a day, while also working. I could not put it down.

You'll fall in love with Bells and Jaxson and then you'll hate one of them. But I promise you that you'll end up loving them again.

Might I suggest having tissue handy at all times, just in case it "gets dusty" wherever you read this book.

Another amazing read by the beautiful and talented Willow Aster!
Lindsey Domokur
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, Willow had me hooked in the newsletter. Each month when an installment would come, I would stop what I was doing and read. I'm not a big YA fan, but this story had me invested from the first chapter. Jaxson and Mirabelle stole my heart with their teenage drama and angst. To be honest, there were times while reading this book that my stomach was in knots and I was sweating. Their story was something I could relate to and I needed to know all of it. So as soon as it hit my kindle, I ...more
MJ
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
5,331 is the utterly charming coming of age story by Willow Aster. A tale about two lifelong best friends in Jaxson and Mirabelle and the bumpy road they had to take to hopefully find each other at the end. It's the kind of book that simply made me feel good. I fell into an easy rhythm right from the start and I honestly did not want to put it down.

Told in both past and present, which is completely necessary and never felt the least bit tedious, we truly get the whole story. The whys of the fine
Kim Sutton
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

This story is divided into past and present, it’s done very well so there was no chance of me getting confused or lost.

Jaxson and Mira’s love story starts when they are kids but then so many things happen to stop them being together.
I loved both characters in this story but I also hated them both at one point or another. 5,331 Miles is a rollercoaster ride of emotions and I wasn’t sure how I wanted it to end. I loved waiting for a ‘past’ chapter to reveal a little more of what happened to the
Leila
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
A heartfelt 4.5*, I didn’t know what to expect when I began reading 5,331 Miles, but I was was not disappointed.

It’s a second chance romance but not in the typical cliche sense. I loved the style in which it was written, a single point of view from young to new adult.

Plenty of times I had to grit my teeth where Jaxson was concerned. And I’ll admit on more than one occasion I wanted to clip him around the ear hole. Honestly, what was he thinking?

I know a lot of readers will resonate with Mirab
Joanne Ragona
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars! I really enjoyed this book. Loved the switch from past to present that developed the story with it all coming together at the end. Also loved Mira’s “Dear Diary” entries at the beginning of each chapter that gave insight of what was to come in the chapter. It was very well written, this was my first Willow Aster book and I am a fan! And don’t even get me started on Jaxson. Loved, loved, loved him. I swooned big time over him. Great read!
Nicole Patterson
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Such an easy read. Mirabelle and Jaxson are now one of my favorite couples. There was a lot of angst between them. It was sweet love story with a lot of bumps in the road. So glad I got the Arc copy to read.
Angela
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Stop what you are doing. Get this book. Read it now! It was so hard to put down!! I love the past and present storylines! This was no different! The past was so heartbreaking for her! I could relate! Gah I wanna re read!
Wendy LeGrand
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is my first Willow Aster book and it is a doozy! Ahh...teenage angst! I remember those days well! Jaxson and Mirabelle have been best friends since they were little kids and promised that they always would be, even creating a bucket list of sorts of things they're going to accomplish.

This book is a rollercoaster of emotions. I loved Jaxson one minute and wanted to throttle him the next! Teenage boys do the stupidest things! GAH! And poor Bells, front and center for every poor decision he m
Sandy Blushing Babes Are Up All Night
**4 BLUSHES**

Jaxson and Belle are cut from the same cloth. Two kids from the UK, whose moms are besties and are both transplanted to California. Nothing would make their moms happier than to see their kids as a couple. Except that there is a long road from childhood to responsible adults. How these two travel that road is the story of 5,331 Miles and they take us along for the ride. Part of it centers around a list of 11 things that they will accomplish together. Yet every single time they try t
Darla
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FAR too many books get extraordinary ratings that don’t deserve them. You see the 5 stars. You read the hype, excited to dive in. By the time you finish, you’re wondering how in the hell it got such high ratings from so many people. You wonder if you read the same book. Poor writing that relied heavily on huge plot twists and stupid reveals. You’re angry that you spent money on it. When I finished I texted Willow because I wanted her to know how much I appreciate her writing. She can take a simp ...more
Erica
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book. I read it in less than 6 hours. Devoured, inhaled, you name it. I’ve only read a few books by Willow Aster, but this trumps them all. This story reminds me of the Second Chances duet by Claire Contreras, The Science of Unrequited series by Len Webster, & A Love Letter To Whiskey by Kandi Steiner, all without ever feeling like a copy or mirror. Mira and Jaxson can’t ever seem to sync up, but when they do, it’s magic. I loved loved loved this book. The past and present divisions hel ...more
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Willow Aster’s books. Period. Every one is different. Every one touches on each and every emotion. Every one is written with such care and you can tell she loves what she does so well.

Ms. Aster has nailed it again with 5,331 miles. Jaxson and Bells, well, they make me crazy. All the emotions, all the time. I laughed, I cursed, and I even cried. I would absolutely recommend this book to any and all of my friends.
Soulla Georgiou
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly enjoyable childhood friends to lovers story.

This story is sweet, sexy and angsty, and will have you wondering right to the end if our hero and heroine will actually get their HEA.

From England to the USA, there are lots of ups and downs and twists and turns inbetween, but ultimately, this is a heartwarming story of love and forgiveness.
Luz Acevedo
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW..... this book was amazing. I love the writing, the characters. Willow wrote this book beautifully. It was fun, heartwarming. The history these characters shared was beautiful. I definitely need to get this book on my shelves as it’s a definite must have if 2019.
Willow Aster is the author of True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles. She is also half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and hate it and can't live without it. My home is in St. Paul, MN with my husband, two kids, and our rescue dog.

Join me on my website: http://www.willowaster.com/

J