Start by marking “5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)

5,331 Miles

(La Jolla)

We spent a lifetime chasing firefly dreams

Jaxson and I devised a life list when we were kids in Holmes Chapel. Just a few things on that list:

*Climb the Eiffel Tower.
*Visit every zoo in the world.
*Eat peanut butter every day.

Published March 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about 5,331 Miles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5,331 Miles

Start your review of 5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
We spent a lifetime chasing firefly dreams
*Climb the Eiffel Tower.
*Visit every zoo in the world.
*Eat peanut butter every day.
But all the promises he made dissolved into dust, so when he comes around years later wanting to go live out our list, I want no part of it...or him. The universe seems to agree with
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 “Mira & Jaxson Forever” Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mirabelle Hart & Jaxson Marshall were inseparable growing up together in Holmes Chapel, England. Their mums were best friends, and so were they. They'd been each others everything for years, and then life happens, and they spend some time apart. When they are reunited things don't fall back into place quite the same. They both grow and change over time, and move in different directions. It seems their feelings had never aligned at the
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ⭐'s

I was sooo happy to read this! It really gave me similar vibes that True Love Story did.

Jaxson and Mira grew up together in England. Their "Mums" are best friends. Everything is pretty great until Jaxson and his mom move to California. Jaxon vows to stay in touch and they sort of do. I was actually impressed at how well they did for basically being children.

Things take a turn for Mira's family and they end up moving to California as well and right near Jaxson's family. Mira is hoping t
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and sexy childhood friends to lovers romance... As young adults we make mistakes but when we learn from them and try to fix the mistakes of the past to win back the love of the one who always mattered the most, that's when the true romance comes in.

“When did you start saying all the right things again?”
“When I remembered to start saying what I really feel instead of what someone might want to hear…”

*le sigh*

Berry ♡ Nice
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Olive You"

I will definitely be reading more by this author. My 1st book by her and I very much enjoyed.

❤ This is a very cute-charming-heart twitching-coming of age-real friends-romantic story. ❤

I loved going on Mirabelle and Jaxson's journey and seeing them grow. It is told in a past/present which adds a little uncertainty (anxiousness) and a bit of a guessing game of "What did they do?" I didn't want to stop reading...

It's easy to read, page turner with a great flow of events.
Topastro
A book hang over never felt this good. Willow Aster is a new author to me and I'm incredible impressed by 5,331 Miles. I was completely sucked into the good, bad, and complicated story of Jaxon and Belle.

Belle's once bestfriend and first love Jaxon is back in town and making it very clear that his feeling for her have never changed. After a complex and at times painful history Belle is unsure if she can ever fully put her trust and heart in Jaxon's hands again. Ever persistent Jaxon insists tha
Layne
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ⭐️

This was such a fun book to read. I really loved the way the chapters were divided - the past and present both took turns building the story. It added a depth and dimension to Jaxson and Belles’ tale. The history they shared, both heartwarming and heart wrenching, helped make me feel invested in their lives. Willow’s impeccable writing painted the perfect mental picture often making me feel as though I was watching the action play out in my head. I enjoyed this one so much. And, of course
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
Mirabelle and Jaxson put me through it!

This is sweet and sour.

This is angsty and beautiful.

This is a second chance romance spanding over years!

Mirabelle "Bells" and Jaxson have been best friends their whole lives, inseparable. So are theirs mothers, so close that when Jaxson's family moved from the small town in  England to California....Bells family followed 6 months later.

They've always had this list, list of things they're going to do and accomplish together. Always together. One of thos
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this story. Willow Aster never seizes to amaze me with her writing game. This slow burn, friends to lovers romance made me burn, bleed, and cry all at once. I loved these characters. I saw myself in them. The emotions that stir you as a teenager and harden you as an adult. Gosh this story was so fantastically beautiful, yet heart breaking.

I’m very picky when it comes to past to romance. I usually get bored very fast. In this story I was reading so damn fast just to get back
Courtney
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

I was lucky enough to receive an arc for Willow's latest release and it was nothing short of amazing. And it really made me wonder why I have only read one other book by her - I am truly scratching my head on this one.

Anyway, 5,311 Miles is truly a testament to young love; a true friends to lovers romance.

Jaxon and Mira have been friends for their entire lives. But during high school, things were different and their friendship fell apart.

I really enjoyed Mira and her the strength sh
Stacie
3 1/2 "It was always you." Stars!

I wanted to really strangle Jaxson at times, but I did enjoy this teenage/ early twenties angst feast. I rooted hard for Jaxson and Mira. #bestfriendsforever Happy reading!
MJ
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
5,331 is the utterly charming coming of age story by Willow Aster. A tale about two lifelong best friends in Jaxson and Mirabelle and the bumpy road they had to take to hopefully find each other at the end. It's the kind of book that simply made me feel good. I fell into an easy rhythm right from the start and I honestly did not want to put it down.

Told in both past and present, which is completely necessary and never felt the least bit tedious, we truly get the whole story. The whys of the fine
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
First of all, Willow had me hooked in the newsletter. Each month when an installment would come, I would stop what I was doing and read. I'm not a big YA fan, but this story had me invested from the first chapter. Jaxson and Mirabelle stole my heart with their teenage drama and angst. To be honest, there were times while reading this book that my stomach was in knots and I was sweating. Their story was something I could relate to and I needed to know all of it. So as soon as it hit my kindle, I ...more
Carmela Rustico
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I've been in a serious book funk the past while but I managed to finish this book in less than a day, while also working. I could not put it down.

You'll fall in love with Bells and Jaxson and then you'll hate one of them. But I promise you that you'll end up loving them again.

Might I suggest having tissue handy at all times, just in case it "gets dusty" wherever you read this book.

Another amazing read by the beautiful and talented Willow Aster!
Tiffany
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story of friendship and love. So many different feelings and emotions while reading this story and so many smiles as well.

I have read a collaborated book by Willow and it was great. I always wanted to read her words and I am so happy I finally did.

Jaxson and Mira’s story is a must read it will take you on a beautiful journey.

Denise
4.5 Stars

This was my first time reading this author and I'm so glad I decided to give this one a try. Once I started the book, I couldn’t put it down. I’m usually not a fan of flipping between past and present during a story, but it worked. My heart broke for Mira in the past. I enjoyed seeing her grown into herself and to start standing up for herself. I really enjoyed the story and hope, hope, hope Miles will have a story told. That poor guy really needs to find his HEA.

I definitely will be m
Sunshine
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it

The guy of this book is a complete moron and his only
saving grace is that he was in high school when he
acted like the worst kind of asshole. I was very generous
with my rating because he was basically a hormonal
riddled teenage boy who was dating the hot popular
girl. Still, no excuse on his whole pathetic mantra
of, I loved you all my life but I need to stick my dick into
the hot popular girl because you're too pure. Ugh, I hate
it when guys use this lame ass excuse. The heroine
was not tha
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
This super angsty, swoon worthy romance is a solid 4.5 stars!

I think we all need a Jaxson in our lives. Did he mess up? Sure did, and who doesn’t at a young age? Did he redeem himself? For sure! Once he realized what he was missing he did everything he could to win Bells back. I mean who doesn’t want a man who fights for what he wants?!

Mirabelle has some issues she’s working through and it takes her longer than expected to come around. I did find some of her back and forth with her feelings a b
Amy Malek Concepcion
4.5 Stars

I love angsty romances so this second chance was great. This goes back and forth from present to past and it works. Jaxson and Mirabelle grew up as best friends and they create a List for the future to do together but when he moves from England to California of course things change. Now he wants a second chance with Bellls ready to cross off things their list.
I had all kinds of feels with this story. I loved Jax I hated Jax, I loved Jax again. The back and forth was perfect. And I have
Nicole Patterson
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Such an easy read. Mirabelle and Jaxson are now one of my favorite couples. There was a lot of angst between them. It was sweet love story with a lot of bumps in the road. So glad I got the Arc copy to read.
Ann
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I LOVED Jax and Bells!! This was my first book by this author and I can’t wait to read more!
Paula  Phillips
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Growing up, Jaxson and Mirabelle were the best of friends with their parents being friends; it only made sense for the two of them to do everything together. When they were children, they made a bucket list of everything they wanted to do together before they got married and lived their HEA together. Then Jaxson moved, and Mirabelle was without her best friend until her mum received news, and the two of them moved overseas to be closer to Jaxson again. Things though weren't the same as Jaxson ha ...more
Kim Sutton
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

This story is divided into past and present, it’s done very well so there was no chance of me getting confused or lost.

Jaxson and Mira’s love story starts when they are kids but then so many things happen to stop them being together.
I loved both characters in this story but I also hated them both at one point or another. 5,331 Miles is a rollercoaster ride of emotions and I wasn’t sure how I wanted it to end. I loved waiting for a ‘past’ chapter to reveal a little more of what happened to the
Leila
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
A heartfelt 4.5*, I didn’t know what to expect when I began reading 5,331 Miles, but I was was not disappointed.

It’s a second chance romance but not in the typical cliche sense. I loved the style in which it was written, a single point of view from young to new adult.

Plenty of times I had to grit my teeth where Jaxson was concerned. And I’ll admit on more than one occasion I wanted to clip him around the ear hole. Honestly, what was he thinking?

I know a lot of readers will resonate with Mirab
Anne OK
Wow! That's a lot of miles we covered with Jaxson and Mira. It is not my favorite book by Willow Aster. It wasn't easy keeping up with the timeline flips from past to present and back and forth throughout. Oftentimes I had to back up and figure out what timeframe I was in. And the same old same old routines with Derek and Heather was a turn-off for me. And poor Miles -- I hope he found a happily-ever-after. He was the only one who I felt any real sympathy for. An angst-filled ride for sure. Ther ...more
Joanne Ragona
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars! I really enjoyed this book. Loved the switch from past to present that developed the story with it all coming together at the end. Also loved Mira’s “Dear Diary” entries at the beginning of each chapter that gave insight of what was to come in the chapter. It was very well written, this was my first Willow Aster book and I am a fan! And don’t even get me started on Jaxson. Loved, loved, loved him. I swooned big time over him. Great read!
Angela
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stop what you are doing. Get this book. Read it now! It was so hard to put down!! I love the past and present storylines! This was no different! The past was so heartbreaking for her! I could relate! Gah I wanna re read!
Lex
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
It was good. It has a lot of going back and forth though. Which made my head hurt. Lol. And I was so worried they won't end up together. I was honestly ready to curse the author for doing that to me if it happened. Lmao. In any case, it was a good read. ...more
Wendy LeGrand
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is my first Willow Aster book and it is a doozy! Ahh...teenage angst! I remember those days well! Jaxson and Mirabelle have been best friends since they were little kids and promised that they always would be, even creating a bucket list of sorts of things they're going to accomplish.

This book is a rollercoaster of emotions. I loved Jaxson one minute and wanted to throttle him the next! Teenage boys do the stupidest things! GAH! And poor Bells, front and center for every poor decision he m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Eleanor & Grey
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • The Consequence of Falling
  • Naked Love
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • While I Was Away
  • The Trouble With Love
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Over You: A Rockstar Romance
  • The Girl in the Painting
  • Jersey Six
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Savaged
Willow Aster is the author of USA Today Bestseller True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles, Miles Ahead, and the Kingdoms of Sin series. She is half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series. And half of the upcoming G.D. Taylors series with Laura Pavlov.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and can't live without it. My home is in S

La Jolla (2 books)
  • Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)